Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 25, 2008 7:17 PM
Jul 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A pretty good episode, even though it is the start of a filler arc
It did have some things from the manga, such as

Also the opening has changed
removed-userDec 25, 2008 7:23 PM
Dec 25, 2008 7:52 PM

Oct 2008
Haven't watched it yet.

We'll soon find out however the truff behind the fan subbing predicament.
Dec 25, 2008 9:17 PM

Jun 2008
Maybe this filler arc gonna be better than the previous fillers arcs
Dec 25, 2008 10:30 PM

May 2007
The opening song hasn't but the video slightly has. It wasn't a bad episode. Look's like this filler could have potential plus the fact that it will be mixed with canon material is always good.
Dec 25, 2008 10:32 PM

Jul 2007
oh f**k this!!! I hate fillers. They're never good. And they've changed everything!!! I was so looking forward to the stuff from the manga DX
Dec 25, 2008 10:36 PM

Jun 2008
This is where I stop watching Naruto Shippuden and drop the anime series. To many fucking fillers!!!!
Dec 25, 2008 10:53 PM

Jul 2008
filler arc interesting i might enjoy this and it felt good seeing naruto and jariya together again remind me of the old series.lol
Dec 25, 2008 11:29 PM

Aug 2008
This filler doesn't seem nearly as interesting as the monk one did. Luckily, Shippuuden seems to be doing smalller fillers than Bleach, so I can live with it.
Dec 25, 2008 11:34 PM

Apr 2008
ya ya ya... fillers suck, but I think they're starting to master the art of the filler with a good balance. I saw plenty of references of the manga story line in there... so they're on the same path just kinda... walking on the grass instead of the sidewalk... lol. I don't think it'll be so bad... least sasuke is showin up and stuff... and i love how they added jaraiya back in. I don't care anymore, read the manga if you care about the finding out the rest SO badly... i just watch it to see the action animated and in color.

LOL @

Dec 26, 2008 12:51 AM
Jul 2008
Decent stuff to say the least
"To see with eyes unclouded by hate"

-Prince Ashitaka, "Princess Mononoke"
Dec 26, 2008 12:52 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
it was alright for a filler.
p r o f i l e 👀
Dec 26, 2008 1:02 AM

Oct 2007
schoolboi15 said:
Konohamaru's sexy jutsu, but they cut the other sexy jutsu out( read the manga if you want to know which one)

I know, right? They totally cut out the part where Sakura gets all perverted for some Sai-Sasuke action from Konohamaru's jutsu. Must be television censorship... what a bummer.
Dec 26, 2008 1:05 AM
Jul 2008
AegisReborn said:
schoolboi15 said:
Konohamaru's sexy jutsu, but they cut the other sexy jutsu out( read the manga if you want to know which one)

I know, right? They totally cut out the part where Sakura gets all perverted for some Sai-Sasuke action from Konohamaru's jutsu. Must be television censorship... what a bummer.

i actually wanted to see sakura´s reaction animated..oh well
Dec 26, 2008 3:10 AM

Apr 2008
Well I liked the episode and no way I'm gonna stop watching Shippuuden just because of some fillers . JIRAIYA IS BACK PEOPLES !! He's so funny and awesome :D ALso , I don't read the manga sooo ;)
Dec 26, 2008 4:02 AM

Oct 2007
Good episode and it looks like its works with mixing with the filler arc and the part of the manga story they are currently going through :D

Shame they cut out the other sexy jutsu Konohamaru should have done infront of Sakura >.>
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 26, 2008 4:48 AM

Jan 2008
AndreAtomic said:
AegisReborn said:
schoolboi15 said:

Maybe it'll be in the uncut DVD sets? Doubtful.

While I'm not a fan of filler, it seems that they're finally learning to not go all out into a filler, and leave the original story behind. Best part for me, in both the manga and anime, had to be when Sai and Kakashi ended feeding him over Sakura. "Read the atmosphere first. The ATMOSPHERE." XD Loved it.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Dec 26, 2008 7:35 AM
Jul 2018
kevin_video said:
AndreAtomic said:
AegisReborn said:
schoolboi15 said:

Maybe it'll be in the uncut DVD sets? Doubtful.

I had a feeling they would cut it out when the other girl(moegi) punched konohamaru instead of having Sakura do it like in the manga
Also there were less clouds covering the the technique than I thought it would be
It seems they are editing less compared to the first sexy jutsu shown in Shippuden(ep 1)
Dec 26, 2008 8:46 AM

Nov 2008
I think that this filler arc will be pretty good.After all, Orochimaru is in it. ^_^
Dec 26, 2008 10:52 AM

May 2008
AegisReborn said:
schoolboi15 said:

i was looking forward to seeing that jutsu...the manga is better
Dec 26, 2008 12:17 PM
Mar 2008
AndreAtomic said:
AegisReborn said:
schoolboi15 said:

What the hell?? That was the only thing I was waiting for this episode, and they cut it out???? Talk about discrimination...
Dec 26, 2008 12:56 PM

Aug 2008
animefan82 said:
AndreAtomic said:
AegisReborn said:
schoolboi15 said:

What the hell?? That was the only thing I was waiting for this episode, and they cut it out???? Talk about discrimination...

This is outrageous!
Dec 26, 2008 5:20 PM

May 2007
The comedy in this one was okay, the ending bit was good with Shino and the very blatent Shonen Jump ad
My anime list
Dec 26, 2008 6:09 PM

May 2008
Gradation said:
This is where I stop watching Naruto Shippuden and drop the anime series. To many fucking fillers!!!!

>.<
15 episodes of story and back to filler...
Dec 26, 2008 6:37 PM
Jul 2018
makey0usmil3 said:
Gradation said:

>.<
15 episodes of story and back to filler...

Naruto is starting to become like One piece when it comes to filler
meaning you have one arc of manga material then you go to filler
The only difference between the 2 shows is that one piece's arc of manga material is long and the fillers are usually only 5 to 12 episodes, compared to naruto's filler arcs which can be 20 to 85 episodes
Dec 26, 2008 8:20 PM

Sep 2008
I loved this episode for 2 reasons:
First, comedy! xD I love comedy in Naruto! For example, Konohamaru's sexy no jutsu, Jiraiya (and his perverted ways) and the final scene with the game show xD. Shino buying jump comics really cracked me up.
Second, FINALLY we get to see team 8! Because of Kurenai's... condition, I thought we'd never get to see her team! I just love them xD. I don't really care about filler arcs 'cause I don't read the manga =P.

*^*Random Rant*^*
Dec 27, 2008 12:00 AM

Jun 2008
Decent start to the filler arc, seems like Konoha will be dealing with more ninja zombies. Hopefully, there won't be anymore flying chakra wigs.
Dec 27, 2008 12:43 AM

Jul 2007
kevin_video said:
it seems that they're finally learning to not go all out into a filler, and leave the original story behind.

Eh... they pretty much left ALL the original story behind... if you know what happens in the manga at the time the comical scene in the ramen shop takes place.... (which was also heavily altered... not that it was important like the other things...)
Dec 27, 2008 5:27 AM

Feb 2008
ANBUradgirl said:
animefan82 said:
AndreAtomic said:
AegisReborn said:
schoolboi15 said:

This is outrageous!

There isn't a better way to describe it. First, they put ANOTHER filler arc, which is totally unnecessary, and then they leave out the most epic scene *ever*... after all those awesome episodes last few weeks, I really hoped they would keep it up... but this disappointed me so much that I had to drop the score for the show... they will have to make something really great to get my enthusiasm back... very disappointed...
Dec 27, 2008 7:00 AM

Mar 2008
oh man, some more fillers! There have ALOT of material for them to animate...which i badly wanna see..

guess i'll have to wait somemore...
~Friendship is so sweet that it can cause tooth decay~

~Respect the losers, cause without them, there'll be no winners~
Dec 27, 2008 9:48 AM

Dec 2007
Not fillers again!!
It can't be possible!!
They've got a lot of manga story to go through, and some parts could even be extended a bit in the anime, since they're so cool!!

How on Earth are they planning to make people keep on watching Shippuuden if they continue with this ****, even more, when DB will stop subbing it because of Viz's deal with Crunchyroll...!
I really hate it!!

But I'm not gonna stop watching Naruto because I hate to have a series in the Dropped section.

My Claims:
Dec 27, 2008 11:51 AM

May 2008
GGGGGRRRRRRR... another filler arc, at least this one looks better then then previous ones.
Dec 27, 2008 11:58 AM

Feb 2008
kie_ said:

Hopefully!
Dec 28, 2008 4:26 AM

Oct 2008
you guys keep talking about the next episodes like you're actually going to see them.
DB is dropping it for real, and i have a feeling that Viz is really, really going to get aggressive with any site who host the subbed episodes, even 4chan ~ which will be very, very bad.
Dec 28, 2008 9:25 AM

May 2008
Merry Xmas everyone!

and your present from your beloved show is.... TA-DAH!! FILLERS! Please enjoy! xD
Dec 28, 2008 9:27 AM

Dec 2008
By episode 90 has it stopped with the epic fillerness?
(I stopped at like episode 67 in a tantrum.)
Dec 28, 2008 1:02 PM

Feb 2008
For me at least this filler coming up looks interesting and the filler a while back with the monk dude was ok. The reason that it was decent was that it actually uses characters that are in the manga and isn't just creating random people out of thin air.
Dec 28, 2008 1:03 PM

Feb 2008
Viperslayer said:
you guys keep talking about the next episodes like you're actually going to see them.
DB is dropping it for real, and i have a feeling that Viz is really, really going to get aggressive with any site who host the subbed episodes, even 4chan ~ which will be very, very bad.

Yes, DB is going to stop subbing the show. That doesn't mean that someone else won't pick it up, and Viz will not become aggressive in their tactics. They are not Funimation in that they actually care about their public image and what anime fans think of them.
Dec 28, 2008 7:32 PM

Sep 2008
good epi....iwas hopping to see the sai sasuke yaoi...to see how sakura acts in the anime
i dont remember jiraya coming back so soon....
i dont remember that guren woman eithier
nor the kid that was with kabuto
i like both the anime and its fillers cause its all part of the proyect
wonder if its time for orochimaru to "take sasuke".....well the preview was interesting thats the idea it gaved me
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Dec 29, 2008 11:10 AM

Feb 2008
lol why are you all upset? you all know the purpose of fillers, and it certainly isn't much of a surprise they would add them at this point in time.

as far as the jutsu censoring, i would say that there are some things better left on paper. historically that technique has been with all females in the anime so maybe they are just being consistent. my mistake if i'm wrong on that one.

i don't like the obvious paralellism between konohamaru's group and naruto's group. i know its a kind of motif they got going but its kinda lame.
Dec 30, 2008 10:00 AM

May 2008
why cant i remenber the episode >_<
Dec 31, 2008 2:16 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
i just watched the new opening -i didn't realize that they had redone it when i first saw this episode because i normally skip the opening. Yes, it's the same song but there's new animation. They replaced the fight between Team Asuma vs Hidan & Kakuzu with the fights that are probably going to happen during this filler arc. I like it -the animation was done quite well :)
p r o f i l e 👀
Jan 1, 2009 12:10 AM

Apr 2008
So what if it's fillers! Sasuke's back! ^.^

Seriously though, it sounds like a lot of people need to understand that this anime is an adaptation of the manga and NOT the manga itself. So basically it's a retelling of the story with artistic licence as all anime is that is based off a manga. Personally, I don't like it when they are both exactly the same. Although, I would have loved to see the Sasuke/Sai animated. :P
Jan 2, 2009 5:17 PM
Apr 2008
Ah man a filler arc is coming up.

This was a decent episode.
Jan 2, 2009 9:09 PM

Jan 2008
Yeah, it was OK for a filler ep.
I wonder how this filler arc woould turn out.
I don't really read manga so i wouldn't know much. XD
Jan 5, 2009 11:46 PM

Dec 2008
kie_ said:
Jan 6, 2009 6:54 AM

Apr 2008
animefan82 said:
AndreAtomic said:
AegisReborn said:
schoolboi15 said:

they censored my favorites scene ....T_T

My english sucks....i know....
Jan 10, 2009 12:20 AM

May 2008
This ep felt like a bleach episode. What, did I just say that?

Actually I enjoyed the slow pace for a change.

duotrouble said:
So what if it's fillers! Sasuke's back! ^.^

You fell for it. XD
Jan 24, 2009 12:35 PM
Aug 2008
*sigh* fillers, but I will watch them this time. If not I'll just fall behind again. Which I already have. And why did they cut the second sexy no jutsu > <
Jan 24, 2009 12:43 PM

Jan 2009
Damn I wanted to watch Orouchimaru versus sasuke:( too bad the fillers started again so soon after they finally ended (ryt before the hidan/kakuzu invasion) -_-
devils_mareJan 24, 2009 12:57 PM
Jun 17, 2009 6:26 AM

Feb 2009
i think it was a good episode and funny too -^^-
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Who are your top 20 favorite Naruto characters?

SupremeGod - Yesterday

19 by Riper97 »»
2 hours ago

» who's the best waifu? (ending the debate once and for all)

FruitPunchBaka - May 6

45 by DollarstoreYuji »»
7 hours ago

» Is Itachi in your top 10 favorite Naruto characters or no?

SupremeGod - May 12

30 by SupremeGod »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 375 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Klad - Sep 4, 2014

190 by Lukas_AAW »»
Yesterday, 12:32 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 372 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Aiko_Hiroshi - Aug 14, 2014

178 by Lukas_AAW »»
May 12, 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.