Forum Settings
Forums

I immediately think less of a person when I find out that they use facebook.

New
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Sep 28, 2013 4:23 AM
Apr 2013
I think it's about time you change your username
Sep 28, 2013 4:29 AM

Sep 2012
I have one, but I don't use it often. It's too spam filled for my liking.
Sep 28, 2013 6:31 AM
Nov 2008
I use facebook to see what my favorite bands are up to or what my online friends are talking about.

Facebook can be harmless, but then it can truly be an evil tool for the jews if you allow it to.
Just don't add family or allow your potential place of work to know you have one.
And don't use your name or a picture of yourself.
Sep 28, 2013 6:38 AM

May 2013
Not_Biased said:

Like Facebook users give a damn with what you think.
Sep 28, 2013 6:42 AM

Dec 2012
I have a facebook account but I don't think of it as something bad.. I guess it still depends on the person itself. I seldom open it tho, I only open it for school stuff (updates about homeworks, projects, and group works).
Sep 28, 2013 6:47 AM

Jun 2013
I don't use Facebook. Just where would my time go?
Sep 28, 2013 7:00 AM

Mar 2012
I have facebook because I like to keep in touch. But, I hate how some people are in facebook some days ago a guy admitted that if he posted something and it didn't reach at least 100 likes he would delete it also there's shameful things in facebook, many times it messes relationships, it's addictive but stupid and lot of people only want facebook-fame. Ugh, I hate those people.
There's no such thing as a painless lesson.
They just don't exist. Sacrifices are necessary.
You can't gain anything without losing something first.
Although if you can endure that pain and walk away from it,
you'll find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle.
Yeah, a heart made fullmetal.
- Fullmetal Alchemist
Sep 28, 2013 7:06 AM

Jul 2013
I came from the era where MSN is a means for communication. With messengers now being phased out. FB is kinda how I keep up with my friends I guess. Not to mention friends who are overseas. Or friends from overseas.

I do take Selfies from time to time, cuz these are the moments that I was like, "Hey I didn't dress sloppily as I used to, I should take a picture I suppose." Its more for myself I guess, instead of showing off to others. I wasn't really very attractive, so yeah, nothing to show off :P
I'm an Avid Slice of Life fan, if you have any interesting SoL anime/manga to introduce, please do so ^^,

Just your typical Yandere lover :3

May 2008
DollSyndrome said:
Facebook can be harmless, but then it can truly be an evil tool for the jews if you allow it to.
Just don't add family or allow your potential place of work to know you have one.
And don't use your name or a picture of yourself.

Now a days Schools keep us updated via Facebook, so that's not possible.

But i would recommend creating 2 accounts, one for personal and one for other purposes.

Apr 2013
Facebook is addictive and pointless. It caused riots remember?
G+ is much better since you can create communities and stuff.
huehuheh
Sep 28, 2013 7:09 AM

Apr 2012
You think negatively of someone just because they use a website?
Obvious troll is obvious.
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Sep 28, 2013 7:12 AM

Jul 2013
sushi55 said:
You think negatively of someone just because they use a website?
Obvious troll is obvious.

Well... Its hard to think strangely about people who visit sites like... MILFxBokunopico.net (if it really exist)
I'm an Avid Slice of Life fan, if you have any interesting SoL anime/manga to introduce, please do so ^^,

Just your typical Yandere lover :3
Sep 28, 2013 7:34 AM

Dec 2012
kiikzzy said:
I have facebook because I like to keep in touch. But, I hate how some people are in facebook some days ago a guy admitted that if he posted something and it didn't reach at least 100 likes he would delete it also there's shameful things in facebook, many times it messes relationships, it's addictive but stupid and lot of people only want facebook-fame. Ugh, I hate those people.

Thumbs up!

sutokah said:

haven't used G+ yet, but with what you said, I guess I should give it a try :)
Sep 28, 2013 7:39 AM

Apr 2013
shadesofblue_ said:
kiikzzy said:

Thumbs up!

sutokah said:

haven't used G+ yet, but with what you said, I guess I should give it a try :)

I use g+ a lot. You should yeah :)
There, I met many otakus. There are thousands of otakus. And a lot of anime communities + pages. Real awesome.
huehuheh
Sep 28, 2013 7:58 AM

Jul 2012
I don't use facebook.

I don't want all my old friends to find me

maybe in a few years
Sep 28, 2013 9:38 AM

Jul 2013
I bet OP is fun at parties.
Sep 28, 2013 9:42 AM
May 2012
Furrytales said:

I do take Selfies from time to time

I just uploaded a selfie to my facebook 2 minutes ago.

>not using facebook to gather information.
You don't know what you're missing.
"There is no more effective method of concealment than the broadest publicity."
"naw just be like "in facist america burger is you comrade""
"if maps are hard, suicide is impossible"
Sep 28, 2013 10:24 AM

Feb 2013
I don't use it as much as most people do. Just a random check twice a week. Most of the friends are the ones who live far now. Sometimes it's also easier to share videos or articles you liked. That's about it.

Beyond the marketing bullshit, it's more of a trend than anything else. In this society if something is used or possessed by a good portion of the population, it becomes instantly a psychological "must" to join them.

That's the same reason most of the smartphone users tend to believe the Apple iPhone is the best there is, which clearly isn't true. As for privacy, you have the choice. I don't have a single picture of mine in the profile and I excluded it from any search queries, which means random people cannot find and add me on their list.

To me, you are part of the second type of trend, which consists of hating the most widespread trends, thinking you might actually look cool by doing that.
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.
Sep 28, 2013 10:54 AM

Apr 2013
Twitter and Instagram

It's 2013
Sep 28, 2013 10:58 AM

Apr 2009
Not_Biased said:

Not_Biased said:
It's emotionally challenging for me be reminded of how social media objectifies males such as myself.

Not_Biased said:
The lesson we have yet to learn is that every tool can be adapted and used as a weapon. Right now we are being observed from space by satellites humans put there. Do we know precisely what is being observed, recorded, analysed? No.

I'm gonna take a wild guess and assume this is a joke/you're trolling. Even if you're not (and that is probably the case, sadly) I'm getting that vibe, which is making me unable to take this seriously enough.

If I were saying anything related to the topic, though, it would be along the lines of this -
Koryo-chan said:
I think less of someone who judge's other people on the shallow pretext of whether they use FB or not.
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Sep 28, 2013 11:20 AM

Mar 2013
I think that people get too attached to sharing their personal information. Don't be too willing to live your life online.
Sep 28, 2013 11:34 AM
May 2012
Jenguin said:
I think that people get too attached to sharing their personal information. Don't be too willing to live your life online.

I can't share what I don't have
"There is no more effective method of concealment than the broadest publicity."
"naw just be like "in facist america burger is you comrade""
"if maps are hard, suicide is impossible"
Sep 28, 2013 12:06 PM

Dec 2009
Not_Biased said:
Sep 28, 2013 12:24 PM

Apr 2009
To me Facebook is just one tool to keep in touch with family and friends. I don't really spend time thinking what does it tell about me if I use Facebook or not. :P
Sep 28, 2013 12:35 PM

Mar 2012
I immediately think people who don't have facebook are Mennonites.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Sep 28, 2013 12:41 PM

Feb 2013
You sound like a poser. I use FB just to communicate with friends, how is that a bad thing?
Sep 28, 2013 12:55 PM

Jul 2013
Facebook chat is good and there're a couple fun groups that I participate there.
Sep 28, 2013 12:59 PM

Aug 2012
Facebook is shit, but some people have FB so they can keep contact with distant relatives and friends. But it is annoying how other people are always on FB 24/7. It has taken over my sister and I hate it .-.
I don't have one btw. A complete waste of time.
Sep 28, 2013 1:32 PM

Apr 2013
I like Facebook in the sense that you can keep in touch with relatives and all that, but with the new trends of becoming "Facebook famous" and such, it really has turned into a truly pathetic popularity contest tripe-fest.

Well, that's certainly been the case with us UK users in the past year or so, I'm not sure whether a similar problem has been happening in other areas of the world.
Sep 28, 2013 2:26 PM
Jul 2013
Not_Biased.jpg
Everyone in the community is shit taste.
Sep 28, 2013 2:45 PM

Sep 2013
I use facebook mostly to keep in touch with friends (who would have thought that) and to get informed about everything that interests me very quickly without checking several websites. It's like a huge news hub (but you can decide what to be informed about). What's bad about that?

Is OP now a better person because he doesn't use facebook? It's like an atheist saying he thinks less of a person when he finds out that they believe in God or follow a religion.

OP. Wat r u doin. OP. Stahp (being a fag).
Time is money, but money won't turn back the clock.
Sep 28, 2013 2:48 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I've never used FB and I'm happy for that. Never felt like I've missed anything by ignoring it. Wouldn't say I necessarily look down on my friends who do use it though.

I mean the excess time people spend on FB I basically spend on other sites instead so idk if it's really an improvement but whatevs~
Sep 28, 2013 2:57 PM

Apr 2013
Story time: My friend called me like a year ago and started asking me for personal information. For some reason, i gave it to him and my fb was created.

I don't really use fb, but it's really useful for asking ppl about homework and whatever. Why you think less of ppl who use it is beyond me.
Sep 28, 2013 3:23 PM

Aug 2012
All these 2013 users falling for Not_Biased bait.

Man.
Sep 28, 2013 3:44 PM
Jul 2013
MellowJello said:
All these 2013 users falling for Not_Biased bait.

Man.

Honey you've seen nothing :X
Everyone in the community is shit taste.
Sep 28, 2013 5:41 PM

Sep 2013
I have a facebook, I made it back in 7th grade and rarely use it at all now tho. I messed it up so horribly by making it way back then. The only reason I still check it occasionally is because I just moved and since I can't talk to my friends as easily and I kinda use it to check up on them. Just to make sure they're doing ok and what not ^_^ Other than that its just another website I never deactivated my account on.
Sep 28, 2013 5:44 PM

Aug 2013
Facebook is just gross. I'd just laugh.
Sep 29, 2013 4:22 AM
Aug 2011
I immediately think less of a person when I find out that their nickname is Immahnoob.
Sep 29, 2013 4:22 AM

Dec 2012
Adramelech said:
I immediately think less of a person when I find out that their nickname is Immahnoob.
Seconding...

Sep 29, 2013 5:04 AM

Sep 2012
Does anybody want to add me on facebook. I have no friends.
Sep 29, 2013 5:10 AM

Dec 2012
Capricious_Smile said:
Does anybody want to add me on facebook. I have no friends.
No... I have enough shitty statuses a day by school whores/sluts

Unless you don't talk... no

Sep 29, 2013 5:17 AM

Dec 2011
I have Facebook but I only really use it talk to my friends.. And my friends from my birth place overseas. Other than that I don't really use Facebook at all.

How else do you expect us to communicate? Texting? No thanks.
Sep 29, 2013 5:53 AM

Jun 2013
I have Facebook so that I can talk to friends, share photos, and when there are notes or topics that are needed and I didn't participated at that class, I'd look it up on FB.

I don't like texting, but I do it everyday. I try to use FB more though.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Do you collect trading cards?

Malkshake - Apr 30

24 by vasipi4946 »»
35 minutes ago

» How are your cooking skills

ST63LTH - 8 hours ago

13 by vasipi4946 »»
37 minutes ago

» is blocking users a admitance of cowardice?

vasipi4946 - 42 minutes ago

1 by deg »»
40 minutes ago

» FAvorite philosopher and Why ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Nov 4, 2018

117 by deg »»
1 hour ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

707 by Jozuwa-_- »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.