Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 12, 2013 2:37 AM
Mar 2011
thismarlasinger said:
Hands-down FINAL FANTASY.

i agree with this this but the fact is the only Non MMO 3d game witch was good was IX
at lest SE has not tried to DQ yet
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Apr 12, 2013 3:28 AM

Oct 2012
I can list a lot of games but I think it's easier to just say:

99% of all shooters with more than 2 games released.
Apr 12, 2013 3:51 AM

Dec 2007
Just a question for all of the people who hated the new Devil May Cry game, and it seems like there are a lot. Why all the hate? I personally have no stake in DMC. I haven't played the new one, never played any of the old ones, so I really have no opinion on the franchise. I just don't get why people hate the new one so much.

I mean from everything I ever heard and saw it's not like there was going to be a Devil May Cry 5. The studio that made the new one wasn't thinking about a DMC5 or DmC. So it's not like you had the sequel you wanted taken away from you, you weren't going to get it. The new DmC was the only version of that game that was going to be made. And by all accounts it's actually a really good game. I believe average review scores around 87. So it was either this new well made game or nothing? It just seems kinda petty I guess. Especially if you'd rather of had nothing.

So honestly than, what is the reason for hating on the game so much?
Apr 12, 2013 6:42 AM

Feb 2010
StrictlyStupid said:

FatherAnderson said:
Resurrected said:
Metroid after Other M. Seriously wtf was that.

Metroid other what? I don't have a clue what you're talking about there's no game called that.
lol

It was a joke. But seriously, Yoshio Sakamoto can go fall off a cliff.
Apr 12, 2013 6:46 AM

Feb 2013
mallobaude said:
I can list a lot of games but I think it's easier to just say:

99% of all shooters with more than 2 games released.

I wouldn't say THAT much, but the modern military style ones like Medal Of Honor and Call of Duty definitely.
Also Banjo Kazooie, Fuck you Microsoft. Fuck you.
Apr 12, 2013 6:49 AM
Mar 2011
FatherAnderson said:
StrictlyStupid said:

FatherAnderson said:
Resurrected said:

Metroid other what? I don't have a clue what you're talking about there's no game called that.
lol

sorry but i think other M was the best so Far
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Apr 12, 2013 6:55 AM

Feb 2008
NeoAnkara said:
Dynasty Warrior

Dynasty Warrior 6 is plain tiring.

DW7 was actually great. Only downside is that story mode doesn't have co-op, and the leveling system if you want to master all characters.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Apr 12, 2013 7:18 AM

Sep 2012
Stocky said:
Yaver said:
Stocky said:
Assassin's Creed - I feel they are just starting to shit the games out and Ubisoft is becoming a bit money hungry. I used to love the games but ever since Revelations, I have started to get a bit disappointed.

Revelations was quite boring for me, at least the first half when I tried to conquer the whole city rather than have fun or progress with the story.
But I don't think it's wrong that they release a game every year if they're still of good quality. AC 4 looks really good and promising, they're not reusing every aspect of the game like COD does, they're making something good amazingly fast. But of course I'm not sure of this, I'll have to play that game and see.

I don't think many people found it a good game either. I just don't like where they are taking Assassin's Creed. One and Two were amazing. I think it might be me just getting bored from the series though.

It's odd someone saying game one was amazing. Most of it was extremely boring and repetitive, the only good stuff was the last chapter. While 2, Brotherhood and 3 were equally amazing, Relevations was bad.
Apr 12, 2013 8:02 AM
Nov 2009
Call of Duty
Empire Earth
Age of Empires
Persona
Final Fantasy
Cossacks
Anno
Devil May Cry
Apr 12, 2013 8:38 AM

Feb 2010
DateYutaka said:
FatherAnderson said:
StrictlyStupid said:

FatherAnderson said:
Resurrected said:

lol

sorry but i think other M was the best so Far

Sorry but your opinion is wrong (in my opinion)
Apr 12, 2013 10:09 AM

Apr 2010
Disgaea has been on a steady decline, with 3 being mediocre and 4 being pretty shit. Guess I'll wait and see till D2 comes out before I decide whether its completely ruined.

And I agree with a fair few that have already been mentioned, final fantasy, burnout, spyro etc.
Apr 12, 2013 11:01 AM

Mar 2013
vault-dweller said:
Just a question for all of the people who hated the new Devil May Cry game, and it seems like there are a lot. Why all the hate? I personally have no stake in DMC. I haven't played the new one, never played any of the old ones, so I really have no opinion on the franchise. I just don't get why people hate the new one so much.

I mean from everything I ever heard and saw it's not like there was going to be a Devil May Cry 5. The studio that made the new one wasn't thinking about a DMC5 or DmC. So it's not like you had the sequel you wanted taken away from you, you weren't going to get it. The new DmC was the only version of that game that was going to be made. And by all accounts it's actually a really good game. I believe average review scores around 87. So it was either this new well made game or nothing? It just seems kinda petty I guess. Especially if you'd rather of had nothing.

Most people hate it because all DMC fans loved Dante, and the way the new Dante was introduced was too rushed and was a big unwelcomed surprise. I'm willing to give it a try but as I said I'll really miss the old cool Dante.

I see most people here have said Final Fantasy, I agree.
Though it's not like I hate absolutely everything. It is going downhill but not everything is a complete failure.
And to those who say that nothing good came out after FF X, I have to say that FF XII is one of the best FF game in my opinion.
Apr 12, 2013 3:24 PM

Jun 2012
Yaver said:
vault-dweller said:

Most people hate it because all DMC fans loved Dante, and the way the new Dante was introduced was too rushed and was a big unwelcomed surprise. I'm willing to give it a try but as I said I'll really miss the old cool Dante.

I see most people here have said Final Fantasy, I agree.
Though it's not like I hate absolutely everything. It is going downhill but not everything is a complete failure.
And to those who say that nothing good came out after FF X, I have to say that FF XII is one of the best FF game in my opinion.
I never played 12, I played 7-10/10-2, 1-3, tactics, and 13/13-2 so far 13/7/10 where my favorites I don't see the reason for the hate, as for the new DmC the game is actually a fun game, people just hate on the new Dante, as he isn't too appealing to me I honestly think it's a pretty good game.

Serial lurker
Apr 12, 2013 3:27 PM

Aug 2012
Minecraft.
Apr 12, 2013 4:18 PM

Sep 2012
Resident Evil. Since game 4 the plot became crap and action-oriented.

lupadim said:
Minecraft.

It's not even a series, and shit can't be actually ruined, because it already started as a ruin.
Apr 12, 2013 4:22 PM

Aug 2012
Litrydow said:
Resident Evil. Since game 4 the plot became crap and action-oriented.

lupadim said:
Minecraft.

It's not even a series, and shit can't be actually ruined, because it already started as a ruin.

It's not even a series

I was going to answer to this argument but

it already started as a ruin

Stupid hater arguments do not deserve attention
Apr 12, 2013 4:52 PM

Apr 2011
I don't really have a series that I loved, that I think is getting horrible, but if I had to choose I would say Kingdom Hearts.
Square...listen...I don't care about your HANDHELD side story garbage. Make Kingdom Hearts 3.
LunaApr 17, 2013 12:47 AM
Apr 12, 2013 5:39 PM
Mar 2011
RazingPhoenix said:
I don't really have a series that I loved, that I think is getting horrible, but if I had to choose I would say Kingdom Hearts.
Square...listen...I don't care about your HANDHELD side story garbage. Make Kingdom Hearts 3.

Hand helds are were were money is in the home market say the stock holders
LunaApr 17, 2013 12:47 AM

Apr 12, 2013 6:32 PM

Sep 2012
RazingPhoenix said:
Vagina said:

NBA Live

You deserve a medal for this...lol just wow. How does a series start off on top of the world, and just die...in like two games lol. I know EA is a weak company, and runs at ANY sign of competition but rofl.

Well, Birth by Sleep and Dream Drop Distance not a side stories garbage at all.
Apr 12, 2013 8:12 PM

Mar 2013
lupadim said:
Minecraft.

Minecraft isn't ruined, it's just not being used to its full potential.
There are so MANY things that could be done to improve minecraft but they decided to leave everything as it is.
Apr 13, 2013 5:21 AM

Jan 2012
-Call of Duty past CoD 4
-Rock Band, the only decent music they release is on RBN, they mostly released shit music until they cancelled the DLC for the lat 1.5 years. And when I say shit, I mean, "Anything that sounds good and/or is remotely challenging"
-Resident Evil. 4 was good, 5 was mediocre, 6 was too boring and too long to be considered fun. It's not even action that ruined it, the games just sucked.
-As a side note, I don't know while people bitch about FF. It makes me chuckle a bit when a people QQ all over message boards about the game changing or it becoming too mainstream or whatever other bollocks they say. The game has survived because it did change, and because it's still original. Time to step in the real world.
Lemme smang it girl.
Apr 13, 2013 6:52 AM

Feb 2005
Wicked_Glory said:
The game has survived because it did change, and because it's still original.
Haha, oh wow, 10/10, best laugh today.
Apr 13, 2013 7:37 AM

Sep 2012
Final Fantasy, past years just haven't been as good games during times like SNES/PSX and PS2 I feel the quality of Square-Enix has plummeted with all the spin-offs and lineair games. Hopefully mythical XIII Versus won't disappoint in the future
Apr 13, 2013 7:45 AM

Nov 2009
Let's see

Resident Evil. Since RE4 at least. It was a breath of fresh air and kept some of the suspense in it but instead of returning to what made their games great and original. They turned the franchise into "What would a Michael Bay zombie flick look like?"

Final Fantasy: Up til FFX it was good. However FFX-2 was an abomination that can't be undone. I haven't even looked at the franchise since. From what I gather it's took a step towards the linear plot which is something I'm not really too interested in generally.

Ace Combat: My favourite flight series. I loved all the PS2 titles massively. So when I saw AC: Combat Horizon come out on Steam I was stoked. Then it hit me that this was utter garbage. Fighters unkillable unless you go into an arcadey totally unrealistic dogfight chase with the enemy. It's a horrible direction that the series has went but unfortunately sold enough for them to keep it going this way.

Call of Duty: I was a follower since CoD2. Loved CoD4 and was a sucker and got MW2, BO1 and MW3 before I realised I'd just pretty much bought the same game 3 times but with horrible balancing issues. Needless to say I quit at MW3 when I saw every game with at least one hacker in and didn't get swindled out of my money for BO2. I don't intend to ever buy another CoD.
Apr 13, 2013 7:45 AM

Aug 2012
Yaver said:
lupadim said:
Minecraft.

Minecraft isn't ruined, it's just not being used to its full potential.
There are so MANY things that could be done to improve minecraft but they decided to leave everything as it is.

Exactly, instead of adding something useful like horses, new worlds, dungeons or monsters, they add carrots.
Apr 13, 2013 7:56 AM

Jan 2013
the rly biggest fail is still CoD
cod 4,5 were awesome
cod 6 now on pc kinda good...
cod 7 ok , because of zombie mode good
but cod 8 and 9 just crap
Apr 13, 2013 8:15 AM

Nov 2009
Hmn, Grandia? The PSX one is really good. Went downhill after that.
Apr 13, 2013 8:19 AM

Nov 2012
Any series that has more than three sequels is pretty much guaranteed to be shit.

My only personal exception would be God of War.

Halo, CoD, Metal Gear, Resident Evil, Castlevania, Pokemon, Mario, Sonic... done to absolute death, please stop, I'm begging you. Come up with some new ideas. The originals were great. Now you're just milking it.

Apr 13, 2013 8:22 AM

Nov 2009
Limegreen said:
Hmn, Grandia? The PSX one is really good. Went downhill after that.

Blasphemy, Grandia II is the best of the series.

/opinion.
Apr 13, 2013 8:50 AM

Feb 2013
Ellamenopea said:
Any series that has more than three sequels is pretty much guaranteed to be shit.

Halo, CoD, Metal Gear, Resident Evil, Castlevania, Pokemon, Mario, Sonic... done to absolute death, please stop, I'm begging you. Come up with some new ideas. The originals were great. Now you're just milking it.
Halo and CoD yes. As for the rest of those that couldn't be further from the truth, all of those other series' are constantly doing new things with every iteration, as for Resident Evil and Sonic doing new things hasn't been working out too well for them, but Metal Gear and Mario are pretty much constantly revolutionize the way we think of game design, and Pokemon, while it still has the core mechanics there are massive changes to the meta-game with every new entry in the series.
Apr 13, 2013 9:00 AM

Jan 2012
Duke Nukem.

Ellamenopea said:
Sonic

I would agree that all Sonic games from 1998-2009 were rubbish, but Sonic 4 and Generations were both great. Although maybe only old school Sonic fans can appreciate these games.
Apr 13, 2013 2:01 PM

Feb 2005
Riptos said:
Ace Combat: My favourite flight series. I loved all the PS2 titles massively. So when I saw AC: Combat Horizon come out on Steam I was stoked. Then it hit me that this was utter garbage. Fighters unkillable unless you go into an arcadey totally unrealistic dogfight chase with the enemy. It's a horrible direction that the series has went but unfortunately sold enough for them to keep it going this way.
Oh yea, that was really annoying. I never got around to playing the PS2 games, and I was so happy that they finally made one for the master race of gaming, but then bamf, those reviews. Really glad I didn't preorder it though.
Ellamenopea said:
Pokemon
BLASPHEMY. I WILL FIND YOU, AND CHOKE YOU WITH YOUR OWN INTESTINES.
Apr 13, 2013 3:03 PM
Apr 2013
Assassins Creed (OMG Ubisoft fucking STAHP)
Apr 13, 2013 3:46 PM

Sep 2012
Agree on Sonic too after the titles on old consoles the games have been on a steady decline, but sonic 4 was good and generations, but still not better than the old games.
Apr 13, 2013 6:19 PM

Aug 2009
Final Fantasy. Thanks Wada.

And Mass Effect. Thanks EA.

Apr 13, 2013 6:42 PM

Nov 2008
Memories Off has a case of sequelitis that I'll never get over, the amount of sequels it has rivals FF and Tokimeki Memorial and too many sequels makes the series stale.

Tokimeki Memorial (Konami cares more about Love Plus now)

Front Mission was ruined and killed off by a single game, SE WTF were you thinking making a Front Mission for a western audience, you should've ported 2089-II (which is a 100% proper FM despite being a mobile game) to handhelds.

Final Fantasy has been ruined by XIII and even worse like I said with Front Mission, they have a mobile game tying into a main series that hasn't been ported to a handheld although it's not as good as 2089-II.

Road Rash, Genesis and 3DO versions were good, 1st PS version was ok, the rest yuck.

Apr 13, 2013 7:26 PM

Nov 2012
deadjames said:
but Metal Gear and Mario are pretty much constantly revolutionize the way we think of game design, and Pokemon, while it still has the core mechanics there are massive changes to the meta-game with every new entry in the series.

Constantly revolutionize? That would be the overstatement of the century. Mario games are getting pretty stale. What are we up to these days? Mario Kart 7? Mario Party 10? And all those God-awful Mario and Sonic sport games. plz

And Pokemon is still enjoyable, somewhat. I still buy every game. But I'm finding more and more that it is getting boring. B/W and B/W2 were absolute shit, the latter being slightly better than the former. I have low expectations for X/Y, but secretly hoping it'll be good. We'll see.

Baman said:
BLASPHEMY. I WILL FIND YOU, AND CHOKE YOU WITH YOUR OWN INTESTINES.

I'm really glad we can have mature discussions in these forums.

Apr 13, 2013 8:07 PM

Feb 2005
Oh and Civilizations too in a way. For every new game, they conveniently forget about all the cool stuff they introduced in the former, so they can start from scratch with a bare bones game and thus have an excuse to make expansions with all the same stuff you had in the last game.
I mean, Call to Power pretty much had everything of importance that the newer games have, and even more on top of that, fucking orbital and underwater cities, damn.
Ellamenopea said:
And Pokemon is still enjoyable, somewhat. I still buy every game. But I'm finding more and more that it is getting boring. B/W and B/W2 were absolute shit, the latter being slightly better than the former. I have low expectations for X/Y, but secretly hoping it'll be good. We'll see.
They should at least do something to lessen the fucking grinding. Like, I dunno, let you transfer the bloody pokedex data? I don't think I've filled it out since Crystal, knowing that just when I complete it there will be another game and I'll have to do everything over.
And fix the online trading, that shit doesn't even work when you've got every search cluttered by retards that wants a Mew for their damn Bidoof or cllone glitch abusers that are too cheap to just buy a flashcart.
Apr 13, 2013 9:02 PM

Jul 2010
resident evil
Assassins Creed
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 13, 2013 10:38 PM

Nov 2012
Baman said:
They should at least do something to lessen the fucking grinding. Like, I dunno, let you transfer the bloody pokedex data? I don't think I've filled it out since Crystal, knowing that just when I complete it there will be another game and I'll have to do everything over.
And fix the online trading, that shit doesn't even work when you've got every search cluttered by retards that wants a Mew for their damn Bidoof or cllone glitch abusers that are too cheap to just buy a flashcart.

Yeah, if only, huh? I wouldn't say Pokemon is hard... but it definitely gets irritating and boring when you're trying to level your team up and there's only wild Pokemon to train with, that are 5-10 levels lower than yours... I used to think my strategy was bad, but it seems a lot of people have this issue.

Having to change Cofagrigus' name because it had the word 'fag' in it. Nice going, Nintendo.

Apr 13, 2013 11:14 PM
Nov 2009
corncob said:
Duke Nukem.

Ellamenopea said:
Sonic

I would agree that all Sonic games from 1998-2009 were rubbish, but Sonic 4 and Generations were both great. Although maybe only old school Sonic fans can appreciate these games.

Sonic Adventure 2?
Apr 13, 2013 11:27 PM

Nov 2009
Lucumo said:
corncob said:
Duke Nukem.

Ellamenopea said:
Sonic

Sonic Adventure 2?

Was also gonna add Sonic Rush to that list. Loved that game.

I've been a die hard Sonic fan since Sonic debuted on the scene. After the Adventure series, there was nothing of note except for Rush and Generations. It's a sad state of affairs. However with the success of the engine Generations uses I would be hopeful for Sonic Adventure 3 to be released using it.
Apr 13, 2013 11:50 PM

Aug 2012
Hvesier said:
Fallout
Splinter Cell (and all Tom Clancy games, they used to be a respectable series of stealth/OPERATOR shootan games but they're gimmicky now)
SMT
Silent Hill
Castlevania
The recent DmC was an abomination but the glitches are hilarious

I hope you don't mean Fallout 3. Fallout NV wasn't very good but did they really ruin the series for you?
[url=myanimelist.net/profile/Stocky[/url]

My precious BB Code :(
Apr 14, 2013 1:49 AM

Oct 2011
Stocky said:
I hope you don't mean Fallout 3. Fallout NV wasn't very good but did they really ruin the series for you?

Of course, Bethesda's rape of Fallout franchise was something... no, I don't want to swear. Fallout 3 was a total abomination, they turned it into a TES clone in an attempt to appeal to Oblivion fans, completely neglecting fans of the original games. NV was infinitely better, it tried to return to its roots, although it wasn't entirely possible due to the obligations to use the shitty Gamebryo engine. Still, it was a far better game, that can actually be called a RPG (unlike F3).
Apr 14, 2013 1:56 AM

Mar 2013
Ellamenopea said:

How is Metal Gear ruined? That thing has unlimited potential with all the unexplored prequels its having, and Kojima knows exactly how to exploit that. As long as that guy lives, the Metal Gear series will never remain top quality.
And also, you reminded me of another series, Sonic. It's been ruined since it arrived on the Dreamcast. There have been, however, a few good ones.

Stocky said:
Hvesier said:
Fallout
Splinter Cell (and all Tom Clancy games, they used to be a respectable series of stealth/OPERATOR shootan games but they're gimmicky now)
SMT
Silent Hill
Castlevania
The recent DmC was an abomination but the glitches are hilarious

Fallout?! Like Stocky said New Vegas wasn't the best but come on, it wasn't ruined in any way. Fallout 3 was just plain awesome.
Apr 14, 2013 1:58 AM

Mar 2013
Lipi said:
Stocky said:

Of course, Bethesda's rape of Fallout franchise was something... no, I don't want to swear. Fallout 3 was a total abomination, they turned it into a TES clone in an attempt to appeal to Oblivion fans, completely neglecting fans of the original games. NV was infinitely better, it tried to return to its roots, although it wasn't entirely possible due to the obligations to use the shitty Gamebryo engine. Still, it was a far better game, that can actually be called a RPG (unlike F3).

It's true, Fallout 3 was TES with a change in background and setting, but does that mean it was bad? I understand that it's not the same as the originals but the Fallout series had to revolutionize sooner or later, and that was one of the best ways, if not the best, to do so.
Apr 14, 2013 2:20 AM

Oct 2011
In which sense was it "revolutionized"? By turning one of the most complex rpg's in the history to a shooter with bad mechanics? By replacing a tactical combat with "hold-your-finger-on-mouse-and-push-a-button-every-few-seconds-for-godmode"? By removing a detailed leveling system, stat checks, item descriptions and numerous options for solving quests? Ugh, revolution my ass.
Apr 14, 2013 2:39 AM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
New Mewtwo for already ruined Pokemon X/Y. Leave Gen 1 alone GameFreak, Evee's excessive evolutions are already enough.
Apr 14, 2013 3:15 AM

Dec 2007
Lipi said:
In which sense was it "revolutionized"? By turning one of the most complex rpg's in the history to a shooter with bad mechanics? By replacing a tactical combat with "hold-your-finger-on-mouse-and-push-a-button-every-few-seconds-for-godmode"? By removing a detailed leveling system, stat checks, item descriptions and numerous options for solving quests? Ugh, revolution my ass.

Probably obvious from my name, but the original Fallout is my favorite game of all time. Probably... 1/4 of my posts on this forum seem to be just me saying how it's my favorite in something or another. I've bought the game 5 times over, played it at least once a year, usually more, since I first got it when it was released. Simply put, I love the game.

Fallout 3 was a great game and did the Fallout name well. There I said it. You know what, Van Buren Project wasn't walking through that door. An isometric Fallout RPG made by Brian Fargo was not going to happen. Wait for his kickstarter if that's what you want. Bethseda had that license and we were going to get the game they wanted to make (I'd be a pretty big hypocrite for calling people petty that say DmC ruined the franchise if I didn't stick to that idea here).

Overall though Fallout 3 was a good game. They had to modernize it for today and considering everything I felt it was good. The game had style, atmosphere and mood, the most important aspects to Fallout. Sure it wasn't on par with the original, but it was commendable. Talk about mechanics all you want, that's what Fallout fans love and Fallout 3 was able to give some of that. Also you called Fallout one of the most complex rpg's in history? Have to disagree. Considering it was the first rpg I had ever played in my life and I just picked it up and could go. Fallout was probably one of the more accessible and approachable rpgs.

The leveling system is virtually the same. Get experience for quests, killing and doing side stuff and than give out skill points based on your intelligence and select a perk (though you do get perks more often in 3). Also Fallout 3 had stat checks when it came to speech and they were there for lock pick and science as well. If you didn't have a high enough skill you couldn't try to access things. Lastly the original Fallout offered... 2, maybe 3 ways tops for solving most quests. Fallout 3 was the same. Actually Fallout 3 might of consistently offered more than 2 choices more than the original.

Either the way you remember the original Fallout is a bit cloudy or you really are just so blinded by fan rage that all you can do is hate on 3. Either way Fallout 3 was actually a good game, heck I think it was better than NV even and not sure why you seem to consider NV good and 3 an abomination. Perhaps it wasn't the game you, or I, or heck many of other fans wanted, but it was that or nothing and I'm really happy we got what we did.

Edit: I totally forgot to mention. If anyone wants to talk about the Fallout named being ruined, start with Fallout Brotherhood of Steel. Now there is an absolutely awful game that was living on name alone.
vault-dwellerApr 14, 2013 3:39 AM
Apr 14, 2013 5:23 AM

Oct 2011
Okay, this will be long.

1) I badly worded the "detailed leveling system", I meant a character development. The truth is that this term loses any sense in F3 - it's nonexistant. In F1-2, you could have created a char with low intelligence and play as a retard (which was a lot of fun). Or you could have created a hot chick with 10 charisma, take appropriate perks and have a sex with every second guy you meet and finish the game without shooting anyone at all. Stats in F3 don't matter except - as you correctly wrote - lockpicking and science and that's just because they open up some extra areas. I don't consider speech checks a real checks in F3, because the percentage system allows save/load abusing (not that I did it, but the option is there).

tldr: Char development in F3 is bad and stats don't matter because the whole game is meant to be played as Quake 95% of all time.

2) I meant complexity as in game choice complexity, not game mechanics complexity. The amount of options F2 offers you to solve certain quests is incomparable and that makes it one of the most complex rpgs ever (if not the most complex). Just how many choices of obtaining tanker fob did you have? How many choices of "fixing" Gecko power plant? And how many choices of solving the New Reno problem (every single one with different outcome and consequences too!) I still remember a lot of F1-2 quests even though I haven't played them for past 5 years or so, but in comparison to them, F3 quests are just unmemorable with trivial choices such as "go kill that guy" and "go kill the other guy". For example: when you reach the Enclave in F2, you can freely explore the place, talk to everyone, convince some soldiers to join you, hack the turrets to help you out... When you reach the Enclave in F3, it immediately gives you back your weapons and again boom, boom, headshot...

tldr: Just comparing older Fallouts with F3 in terms of game design complexity makes me seriously doubt you ever played the older games.

3) Ad atmosphere... if ruined buildings, green filter and generic music is enough for people to set their mood, then I really envy them, because it wasn't enough for me to overlook all that retarded stuff Bethesda put in. So we get androids, vampires, cavern full of children (who are so clever that they decorated the entrance with shining diodes but apparently supermutants in neighborhood don't mind), Regulators (How did they get here from LA? Why? How do they survive? Do they eat those ears they collect? Oh well, who cares, right?), city built around an unexploded bomb that somehow made a crater (wtf?).... and much more, but I'm done.

tldr: F3 world looks cool... for about 20 minutes until you start noticing nonsensical stuff like this and then the mood is gone. F3 gameworld doesn't work and doesn't make sense.

And that's why NV is so better - it reintroduces features that are important for a Fallout: numerous stat checks in dialogues, non-violent options, reputation system, choices and consequences, complex and branching quests, working and believable world and plot...

Fallout BoS definitely sucked, but it can be ignored as a spinoff that has nothing to do with original series. F3 could be the same, if it wasn't for the number "3" in its name. Because F3 isn't a bad game itself (not a good one either though, because Gamebryo isn't designed for range combat), but it's definitely a bad Fallout game.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Favorite gaming cover art?

_Nette_ - Apr 25

3 by DreamWindow »»
12 minutes ago

» Tsukihime remake will not have adult content rating!? What do you think?

rohan121 - May 2

10 by KenaiPhoenix »»
43 minutes ago

» What was the very first video game you ever played? As well your first game console?

Kazeninjaryu1 - 6 hours ago

6 by tchitchouan »»
44 minutes ago

» Are We Headed For Another Video Game Crash?

Retro8bit - Mar 15

27 by KenaiPhoenix »»
49 minutes ago

» That one game that got you into JRPGs?

Kazeninjaryu1 - 5 hours ago

1 by tchitchouan »»
51 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.