Forum Settings
Forums

North Korea: Foreigners should evacuate South Korea

New
Apr 9, 2013 2:37 AM

Apr 2012
more bluster and rhetoric or shit just got real

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-22075895

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Apr 9, 2013 5:27 AM

Jan 2013
Given the reactions from the US, then those of China and Russia to American actions as well Japans mullings I would not says its either really.

If more American forces with high tech weaponary that threatens the Safety of Russia and China enters the region it froces the Chinese and Russian's to counter, they can't affoard to let North Korea fall or be happy with US forces being in range of major economic zones, as well as the Nuclear detterent of both sides. At the same time given the lack of commitment of the US in the defense of Japan, and more and more Japanese seeing the US as a occupation force the Japanese are having serious talks on doing away with the defense pact to an extent, and rebuilding the armed forces into the Imperial Army once more.

Which would do wonders for relations all across asia. Plus with the threat of War NK might be attempting to get the one thing it wants, a peace treaty. Then again might be wrong and North Korea Tanks and Artillery will roll into the DMZ on the 12th.
Apr 9, 2013 5:29 AM

Apr 2011
wor
Apr 12, 2013 7:59 PM

Aug 2009
I think its kind of funny that even the diplomats in North Korea don't believe anything is going to happen. If North Korea didn't Russia and China's back this nonsense could have ended decades ago and Korea would be a single country.
Apr 12, 2013 8:24 PM

Feb 2005
RedArmyShogun said:
If more American forces with high tech weaponary that threatens the Safety of Russia and China enters the region it froces the Chinese and Russian's to counter, they can't affoard to let North Korea fall or be happy with US forces being in range of major economic zones, as well as the Nuclear detterent of both sides.
Counter? You mean by rolling into NK and siezing a piece of the pie as their own buffer zone? Because honestly, you can't possibly believe China or Russia, or anyone would give enough of a shit about NK to risk a real full scale war. This isn't the cold war anymore, times have changed.
Plus with the threat of War NK might be attempting to get the one thing it wants, a peace treaty.
Lol, since when did NK want a peace treaty?
Apr 12, 2013 8:44 PM

Jun 2008
Why do we (U.S) have to be involved?

Fuck I hate this government so fucking much.

Let these idiots decide their own problems.
Apr 12, 2013 8:47 PM

Jun 2007
JustALEX said:
Why do we (U.S) have to be involved?

Fuck I hate this government so fucking much.

Let these idiots decide their own problems.

That's part of being an ally. You can hate this government all you want, but you can't really blame them for backing their allies - every single government ever that's actually been used in any point in history follows that aspect. Even day to day friendships do.
Apr 12, 2013 9:02 PM

Jun 2008
Does S.K have any other allies?

Maybe a European one?

Why don't they help?

BTW, isn't the U.S allies with basically every country except a select few?

Funny how none of them went to the ridiculous wars that the U.S fabricated in the MiddleEast.

I understand what you're saying, and I to a certain extent I agree with you, but this is honestly none of our concern at the moment.

If (and it's NOT going to happen) N.K decides to pull anything, I'm sure S.K has enough fire power to defend their own country.

If it gets out of control, then the U.S can help (as an ally, not as the one fighting in the front lines).
Apr 12, 2013 9:06 PM

Feb 2005
JustALEX said:
I understand what you're saying, and I to a certain extent I agree with you, but this is honestly none of our concern at the moment.
Of course it is. The US has deliberately made itself a WORLD POLICE FREEDOM ISN'T FREE AMUHRICA, and so on and so forth. They project force into whatever situation they can gain something from, whether it's bullying some weak little underdog country or invoking alliances left and right to create a network against their competitors.
Apr 12, 2013 9:07 PM

Jun 2007
JustALEX said:
Funny how none of them went to the ridiculous wars that the U.S fabricated in the MiddleEast.

But they did, even Canada and Australia took part in that, let alone the more major countries in terms of military such as most of the EU.
Apr 12, 2013 9:11 PM

Jun 2008
Baman said:
JustALEX said:
Of course it is. The US has deliberately made itself a WORLD POLICE FREEDOM ISN'T FREE AMUHRICA, and so on and so forth. They project force into whatever situation they can gain something from, whether it's bullying some weak little underdog country or invoking alliances left and right to create a network against their competitors.

Yeah I know.

Maybe one day when the weight of all the nonsense this country has done has finally crushed them, they will understand.

Maybe.

For the meantime, I guess more money to our over bloated defense while we gut social security, medicare, and other social programs which help our citizens.....all while our economy is still in recovery mode.

It's fun to be American these days.
Apr 12, 2013 10:10 PM

Dec 2010
TallonKarrde23 said:
JustALEX said:

But they did, even Canada and Australia took part in that, let alone the more major countries in terms of military such as most of the EU.

Canada did no such thing unless you refer to training Iraqi police.

Countries should mind their own business and not meddle in other nations' affairs or get into needless military alliances. Such alliance often create more problems than they solve.
RebasApr 12, 2013 10:16 PM
Apr 13, 2013 3:04 AM

Apr 2012
I can't imagine a unified Korea. I wonder how they would integrate after so many years/generations of indoctrination and separation. Korea is basically the last unresolved remnant of the cold war. I think the politicians want to maintain the status quo especially China but I also think China is quite annoyed by North Korea's rhetoric and nuclear weapons testing because it's bad PR for them. I see nothing wrong with defending South Korea and especially Japan since we stripped them of an army after ww2. China needs to put a muzzle on North Korea imo. All in all I don't think anything is going to happen because I still believe it is political suicide for North Korea to provoke a war and they aren't that stupid are they?

Apr 13, 2013 3:39 AM

Nov 2009
Darkbling said:
I'm personally interested to see what happens. The thought of such a tiny country starting something with the United States is a bit lulzy. As to whether any country would actually back North Korea; I highly doubt it. China wouldn't want to lose the ability to ship things to 'Murrika, and I doubt anyone else in Asia really would care.

I Remember reading about a tiny country in 1939 called Germany which had aspirations of taking on not just America but the world.
Apr 13, 2013 6:56 AM

Feb 2005
Riptos said:
I Remember reading about a tiny country in 1939 called Germany which had aspirations of taking on not just America but the world.
Lol. I'm sure if NK suddenly starts expanding and conquering nearby countries, someone would stop them right away. And last time I checked NK didn't have a thriving industry either.
Apr 13, 2013 7:25 AM

Oct 2012
heidurzo said:
Probably just bluster, they've still not really done everything. I think they're just doing all this to both shore up kimmy's control on his country and a bargaining chip to reduce thhe economic sanctions on them in exchange for de-escalation.

They got the sanctions from doing this in the first place, so isn't that having the reverse effect?
Apr 13, 2013 7:31 AM

Dec 2010
TonyTin said:
Rebas said:
TallonKarrde23 said:
JustALEX said:

Canada did no such thing unless you refer to training Iraqi police.

Countries should mind their own business and not meddle in other nations' affairs or get into needless military alliances. Such alliance often create more problems than they solve.
Are you kidding me? There has been hundreds of alliances in the past that have shown to benefit each other. The only alliances that are mainly deemed unnecessary by scholars were anything that related to the Cold War. And Communism.

I doubt that. Countries that stay out of military alliances like Switzerland have a much more peaceful history than those that do.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.