Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 31, 2013 7:28 AM

Jul 2010
Excellent seriously can't wait for it come on fall
Mar 31, 2013 7:28 AM

Apr 2010
SimmianPrime said:
It's not a typical shonen anime filler type arc thing. They completely changed the story and the characters eg. imagine instead of One Piece spoiler
would you call something of that magnitude "minor"?

Well that would just be part of the anime story then. I couldn't care less about manga since I don't read it.

Mar 31, 2013 7:47 AM

Apr 2011
RyanSaotome said:
So basically you admit its just the typical "Waaah why'd they make minor changes" whining manga nerds do right? Not that the anime itself is actually bad?

The thing is, they're making an adaption. Thus, if they make huge changes from the original source material, I really doubt you can call it a good adaption. A good anime, maybe. A good adaption, not one bit.
Mar 31, 2013 7:48 AM

Apr 2010
yhunata said:
RyanSaotome said:
So basically you admit its just the typical "Waaah why'd they make minor changes" whining manga nerds do right? Not that the anime itself is actually bad?

The thing is, they're making an adaption. Thus, if they make huge changes from the original source material, I really doubt you can call it a good adaption. A good anime, maybe. A good adaption, not one bit.

K-On made huge changes from the original manga, but it far surpassed it. The problem with manga nerds is that they assume anything thats different is automatically bad... Its not. Others can write a better story than the original mangaka sometimes.

Mar 31, 2013 7:55 AM

Apr 2011
RyanSaotome said:
yhunata said:
RyanSaotome said:

K-On made huge changes from the original manga, but it far surpassed it. The problem with manga nerds is that they assume anything thats different is automatically bad... Its not. Others can write a better story than the original mangaka sometimes.

Did you..... even read what I said? I said it can be a good anime, but not a good adaption. I doubt anyone would want to watch an unfaithful adaption, of a fantasy-battle shonen, nonetheless. Besides, when you cram over 100 chapters into 25 episodes, just how much do you think they decided to skip? The story would be ruined.
Mar 31, 2013 7:55 AM
May 2007
Candor said:
Paul said:
More Sinbadass is always welcomed.
Too bad there is gonna be none, unless they decided to add original stuff again, or if they somehow animated the one-shot about him conquering the first dungeon.
Funny you mentioned Sinbad because I just noticed this was added to the database. I don't see any information on it online though (at least not in English).

Sinbad no Bouken
Mar 31, 2013 7:57 AM

Feb 2011
Yay! Some good news. Hopefully more effort will be implied and I'm praying that they don't screw up any more than they have already. Otherwise I'll end up disappointed even further than I already am. I still don't get why they made such changes if they were gonna follow the manga up to Magnostadt (or possibly even further for future manga releases). I mean really?! A-1 are you trying to piss off fans?

Whatever, now I feel like some information included in the adaption wasn't pointless. Like Judal listing the Kou Empire's 5 dungeon capturers or Yunan and Scheherazade in the ending sequence. >>

Interested to see how A-1 is gonna fix stuff they screwed up. And here's to hopefully some better character development.
Mar 31, 2013 7:57 AM

Feb 2012
RyanSaotome said:
yhunata said:
RyanSaotome said:

Did you really just use K-ON as an example for a shounen manga/anime?

=/
Mar 31, 2013 7:58 AM

Jul 2012
Lol WTF is going on, Im so dam confused , So its suddenly not ending but instead its gonna have a second season? Well ok then I think thats good news
Mar 31, 2013 8:01 AM
Aug 2011
RyanSaotome said:
yhunata said:
RyanSaotome said:

Rare exceptions aside, this is clearly not.
Why argue against "manga nerds" when they are the ones who actually know.

And even without reading the manga, I can tell that this is badly written, animation and art aside.
Mar 31, 2013 8:09 AM
Aug 2012
Great news.... As always, FUCK the haters.
Mar 31, 2013 8:09 AM

Jan 2011
i hope they improve the fight scenes which have been average so far
Mar 31, 2013 8:16 AM
Aug 2011
bakabakashi999 said:
Great news.... As always, FUCK the haters.

Acknowledging something as bad ≠ hate.

Fuck off blind fanboy
Mar 31, 2013 8:16 AM

Nov 2007
What are A1 even doing

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Mar 31, 2013 8:17 AM

Apr 2010
Amaya-dono said:
What are A1 even doing

making money

Mar 31, 2013 8:18 AM

Jun 2010
What the fuck? What the motherfucking fuck of sorcery is this? Holy shit is this real? After what they did to the ending of season 1? After all of the criticism it received from that ridiculous bullshit animation A-1 did?

This ain't even funny. Seriously, not only did they ruin the series but they will ruin it MORE.

I don't even know how many times I said this in my whole life but once again,
Fuck you A-1.
Mar 31, 2013 8:22 AM

Mar 2013
-MgZ_ said:
Fuck you A-1.

B-but Space Brothers and AnoHana...
Mar 31, 2013 8:23 AM

Apr 2010
-MgZ_ said:
After all of the criticism it received from that ridiculous bullshit animation A-1 did? ]

I'm sure they're really worried about what people say on a foreign website about their anime. People who don't even import it, mind you.

Mar 31, 2013 8:25 AM
Aug 2011
RyanSaotome said:
-MgZ_ said:
After all of the criticism it received from that ridiculous bullshit animation A-1 did? ]

I'm sure they're really worried about what people say on a foreign website about their anime. People who don't even import it, mind you.

It received criticism in moonland too.
Mar 31, 2013 8:26 AM

Apr 2010
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
RyanSaotome said:
-MgZ_ said:

Maybe, but people still bought it and the manga sales increased significantly, so it did its job. Anime is a niche medium that only really needs the hardcore fans to support it to be successful, even if the rest complain.

Mar 31, 2013 8:27 AM

Jul 2012
Shirube said:
-MgZ_ said:
Fuck you A-1.

Then they made SAO and burned to shit.
Mar 31, 2013 8:28 AM

Jun 2010
Shirube said:
-MgZ_ said:
Fuck you A-1.

AnoHana is before A-1 fucked up. They were decent before. Space Brothers doesn't need exceptional animation to be good, besides I don't even know if they are following the original material since I don't read it.

RyanSaotome said:
-MgZ_ said:

I don't even know if they care about any person's opinion at all. Magi's manga is popular, their just at it for the money.
Mar 31, 2013 8:28 AM

Mar 2013
ihateeveryone said:
Shirube said:
-MgZ_ said:
Fuck you A-1.

Then they made SAO and burned to shit.

Lol. Can't argue with that.
Mar 31, 2013 8:30 AM

Nov 2009
Wont watch this . Will probably pick up the manga and start from chapter 1
Mar 31, 2013 8:30 AM

Apr 2010
-MgZ_ said:
I don't even know if they care about any person's opinion at all. Magi's manga is popular, their just at it for the money.

I'm sure they care more about that one random Japanese person whos bought every volume so far, the Sinbad and Alibaba body pillows and other misc merchandise more than the entirety of this website. At least people like that are helping to support the anime.

Mar 31, 2013 8:31 AM

Aug 2009
-MgZ_ said:
Shirube said:
-MgZ_ said:
Fuck you A-1.

Space Brothers doesn't need exceptional animation to be good, besides I don't even know if they are following the original material since I don't read it.

Yes, they're following the Space Brothers manga very closely. I'm pretty sure if they tried to change some things, they'd quickly find a way to fuck it up.
Mar 31, 2013 8:39 AM

Oct 2011
Wow, I am legitimately upset about this.

The pacing of the entire anime makes absolutely no sense now if they were probably planning a second season from the beginning.
Sincerely wish they just slowed everything down and ended on Balbadd, considering the changes to the ending were made to be more "finale-ish". Less Alibaba assassination.

Ugh.

At least the Adventures of Sinbad is being serialized. I think.
MeepyMar 31, 2013 8:47 AM
Profile art by もひ @ pixiv.
Mar 31, 2013 8:39 AM
Oct 2011
tigeress02 said:
Candor said:
Paul said:
Too bad there is gonna be none, unless they decided to add original stuff again, or if they somehow animated the one-shot about him conquering the first dungeon.
Funny you mentioned Sinbad because I just noticed this was added to the database. I don't see any information on it online though (at least not in English).

Sinbad no Bouken
It'll be released later this spring according to MAL. It'll probably be yet another big mess, it's still A-1 it seems.

Though there are some rumors about Sindbad's Adventures getting a separate serialization in Weekly Shonen Sunday, which would be amazing. That one-shot did have an open-ending about Ja'far meeting Sinbad, so I guess this would be some pretty good news for us manga fans, if it was true.
Mar 31, 2013 8:45 AM
Aug 2011
RyanSaotome said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
RyanSaotome said:
-MgZ_ said:

Maybe, but people still bought it and the manga sales increased significantly, so it did its job. Anime is a niche medium that only really needs the hardcore fans to support it to be successful, even if the rest complain.

Which is why they shouldn't piss off so many people.
If it were a proper adaptation, it would have sold more.
Mar 31, 2013 8:47 AM
Aug 2011
Candor said:
tigeress02 said:
Candor said:
Paul said:

Sinbad no Bouken
It'll be released later this spring according to MAL. It'll probably be yet another big mess, it's still A-1 it seems.

Though there are some rumors about Sindbad's Adventures getting a separate serialization in Weekly Shonen Sunday, which would be amazing. That one-shot did have an open-ending about Ja'far meeting Sinbad, so I guess this would be some pretty good news for us manga fans, if it was true.

Damn it A-1. Just concentrate on Space Bros and don't touch anything else!
:s

Sinbad no Bouken serialization. :D
At least there is some light at the end of this tunnel.

RyanSaotome said:
Also, why is the anime rated so high on MAL if everyone hates it? I mean, I thought it was really good but a lot of people here act like it killed their best friend.

There's quite a bit of people that like it, they just don't speak up about it.
Mar 31, 2013 8:59 AM

Jul 2012
lol.... I am surprised their doing a second season, I thought the Magi's BD+DVD sales plummeted to obscurity after the first two volumes (not to mention the original ending). Whatever the case I am not gonna get anywhere near this.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Num1dad_Asura]
[/url]
Click Here for Sig source
Mar 31, 2013 8:59 AM

Apr 2011
Sophilia said:
Meruru_Arls said:
RyanSaotome said:
Well I don't give a crap about the manga, but the anime is a fun show and I want more Morgiana.

Please stay away from my waifu.
Your signature is entirely too large for this forums.

I think I'll let the mods make that decision, my amigo. lol.
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Mar 31, 2013 9:02 AM

May 2008
don't get how A-1 fucked up Magi when FT anime Followed the manga pretty well, i hope for a better adaption in fall hopefully not much rushing >.<
Mar 31, 2013 9:08 AM

Mar 2011
I actually enjoyed AnoHana, Space Brothers and SAO(go on, shoot me), so I haven't given up on A-1 completely. Despite that, I do agree with some of the hardcore purist fans of the manga, as I've read Magi's source material, too. They really went and fucked shit up with this adaptation, especially in the later half of this season... I was addicted to Magi's first few episodes, but once Alibaba started to fight Cassim things went downhill from there. I'm still putting this second season on my To Watch list, as I hope A-1 will wake up and animate this series properly considering the large amount of source material they'll have this fall.
Mar 31, 2013 9:12 AM

Sep 2010
Ahmer said:
don't get how A-1 fucked up Magi when FT anime Followed the manga pretty well, i hope for a better adaption in fall hopefully not much rushing >.<

This is strange to me too they could have followed the manga perfectly and took a break after the Zagan arc without any changes the original plot.

Oh well I'll still watch it I loved the anime even if it went its own way after Balbadd.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 31, 2013 9:17 AM

May 2011
Oh. My. Lord.
I'm so EXCITED my hands are shaking~!!
Bring it on, baby!!
Mar 31, 2013 9:17 AM

Aug 2009
tigeress02 said:
I just noticed this was added to the database. I don't see any information on it online though (at least not in English).

Sinbad no Bouken

OMG OMG!! OVA of Adventures of Sinbad coming May 8, 2013 !! *o*

Thanks tigeress02!
Mar 31, 2013 9:23 AM

Sep 2012
I see many people here blame A-1 for deciding to make a 2nd season for whatever reason. I just want to repeat what I said before: For adaptation work, the decision of whether there is a 2nd season almost always rests with the publisher, and in this case it is Shogakukan (which publishes the Weekly Shounen Sunday in which Magi is serialized). In fact, the editor of Magi from Shounen Sunday tweeted in the official Magi twitter that the decision to make a 2nd season was made quite recently ( https://twitter.com/project_magi/status/318280302558588929 ). This would explain why they had an anime original ending but yet at the end there is still a 2nd season. In another tweet, perhaps by some other person, it said that they shipped 10 million copies of the manga ( https://twitter.com/project_magi/status/318328247794425856 ). I can see this is more than sufficient reason to continue the anime.
symbvMar 31, 2013 11:15 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 31, 2013 9:23 AM

Oct 2009
But why would you fuck everything up if a second season was intended all along, A-1?
It's not like they didn't know this'd be sucessful, Magi's really popular, but... I just wish they hadn't butchered the plotline so much.
I'll still watch S2, though.
Mar 31, 2013 9:26 AM

Sep 2012
mikado34 said:
tigeress02 said:
I just noticed this was added to the database. I don't see any information on it online though (at least not in English).
Sinbad no Bouken

OMG OMG!! OVA of Adventures of Sinbad coming May 8, 2013 !! *o*
Thanks tigeress02!
I don't know who made that entry (as I understand regular MAL member can also create an entry in MAL database). However, according to the official website ( http://www.project-magi.com/news/news_detail.html?p=1&id=17478 ) the serialization of "Sinbad no Bouken" is about the manga included in the BD/DVD vol.1 being serialized in Weekly Shounen Sunday starting from the May 08th issue. I do not see any news about it being made into OVA.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 31, 2013 9:28 AM

Aug 2008
oh god! i just hope they make the animation consistent this time! it was really disappointing for the recent series.
"..Hibari Kyoya is L.O.V.E..."

.. Wanna ask me something? Clicky HERE~!
Mar 31, 2013 9:36 AM

Aug 2009
symbv said:
I don't know who made that entry (as I understand regular MAL member can also create an entry in MAL database). However, according to the official website ( http://www.project-magi.com/news/news_detail.html?p=1&id=17478 ) the serialization of "Sinbad no Bouken" is about the manga included in the BD/DVD vol.1 being serialized in Weekly Shounen Sunday starting from the May 08th issue. I do not see any news about it being made into OVA.

Ah I see, no OVA then. Well that explains a lot. But a MAGI spinoff with Sinbad no Bouken is very welcome, I'm glad they will go with the idea :D Eight Generals <3
Mar 31, 2013 9:40 AM
Feb 2012
phoenixalia said:
From what I heard, they butchered the first season and fans(Japanese and Western) were angry. But the people who watched only the anime liked it. Like me.Though I do admit the animation was crappy in some bits.
Still, I'll watch season 2. Now, to finish season 1.

This
Mar 31, 2013 9:54 AM

Feb 2009
WTF I thought this was dead...
Mar 31, 2013 10:10 AM

Aug 2009
It was to be expected 8DDDD yay~~~
Mar 31, 2013 10:15 AM
Feb 2012
coalas said:
But why would you fuck everything up if a second season was intended all along, A-1?
It's not like they didn't know this'd be sucessful, Magi's really popular, but... I just wish they hadn't butchered the plotline so much.
I'll still watch S2, though.

It wasn't intended all along according to the post just above yours. It was decided recently hence the fans' confusion about a second season after an original ending.

At least this takes some of the blame of A-1 and provides us with a reason behind all this.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 31, 2013 10:20 AM

Dec 2011
If they were gonna do a second season why the hell did they burn through all of the manga and fuck it all up? They could have just done a proper adaptation and it woulda been awesome.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 2013 10:26 AM

Jun 2010
Great news! Looks like its time to start watching :D
Mar 31, 2013 11:13 AM

Sep 2010
I guess I will finish SO1 now... Even though people say the adaptation sucks.
Mar 31, 2013 11:52 AM

Oct 2012
This anime is only "bad" if you read the manga, otherwise I'm pretty sure most people like it, judging by the rating it has here. I thought it was pretty damn entertaining.

Unless you're a manga stickler, give this a shot, don't listen to bitter reviewers.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ikoku Nikki' Receives TV Anime

DatRandomDude - Today

16 by Chouninatte »»
15 minutes ago

» 'Mononoke: Karakasa' Reveals Supporting Cast, Theme Song, Trailer

DatRandomDude - May 1

7 by Rhae »»
6 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

22 by Kaikaidou »»
8 hours ago

» 'Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi' Gets Second Season in Fall 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 30

17 by RobertBobert »»
10 hours ago

» North American Anime & Manga Releases for July

Aiimee - Jul 6, 2022

7 by miipsy »»
Yesterday, 3:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.