Forum Settings
Forums
New
Ar eyou afraid of death?
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
May 28, 2013 5:56 AM

May 2013
Some brave folks here, hmm. I believe in life after death but even so, I'm still afraid to die. Just because I would like to live it out to the fullest. I don't even know if I'll be able to keep anything I learn here, I don't even know what will happen after for sure. You can never be sure unless you die yourself.

I'm afraid but I just ignore that feeling and just continue to live. Except for the times I feel like it's pointless to continue to live.
You're all idiots, but I'm no different.
May 28, 2013 6:13 AM

May 2013
cuntologics said:
Some brave folks here, hmm. I believe in life after death but even so, I'm still afraid to die. Just because I would like to live it out to the fullest. I don't even know if I'll be able to keep anything I learn here, I don't even know what will happen after for sure. You can never be sure unless you die yourself.

I'm afraid but I just ignore that feeling and just continue to live. Except for the times I feel like it's pointless to continue to live.

No, in my perspective you're the strongest out here... Why? because despite you are in deep shit (I guess so on the way you react on the thread) right now, you still wish to live life.. Me? There are quite some times including now that I really wanted to die because of severe depression.. But I just don't want to commit suicide because I'm afraid of God's possible wrath.. So I compliment you of being brave to face life even at its worst...
ScribeOrigins, MKD 「先生のことが」
May 28, 2013 6:15 AM

Jan 2013
dlonc said:
My friend we are all afraid of dying.Even the people who suicide are afraid of it,when the grimm reaper knocks on your door its natural to say "Can't you come tommorow?".I personly am not afraid of the physical part of dying I'm more afraid of not doing what I wanted or not acomplishing what I wanted.
I couldn't have said it better.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

May 28, 2013 6:38 AM

Dec 2007
There are a lot of things in my life I'd rather leave behind-- problems, college, screw ups that still affect me til now-- so I sometimes I think of how nice it must be if I'm dead and not care about those anymore.

But thinking about how my family and friends I'll be leaving makes me reconsider.
May 28, 2013 6:47 AM

May 2013
paper-dreams said:
There are a lot of things in my life I'd rather leave behind-- problems, college, screw ups that still affect me til now-- so I sometimes I think of how nice it must be if I'm dead and not care about those anymore.

But thinking about how my family and friends I'll be leaving makes me reconsider.

Good thing you have that.. Me? I don't know if I have something that I would lose if I die...
May 28, 2013 7:40 AM

Nov 2008
I'm more afraid of the process of dying than I am of being dead itself. Dying is painful, but once I'm dead I won't care that I'm dead.
May 28, 2013 10:47 AM

May 2013
pauro19 said:

No, in my perspective you're the strongest out here... Why? because despite you are in deep shit (I guess so on the way you react on the thread) right now, you still wish to live life.. Me? There are quite some times including now that I really wanted to die because of severe depression.. But I just don't want to commit suicide because I'm afraid of God's possible wrath.. So I compliment you of being brave to face life even at its worst...

Hmmmmm. I suppose thanks are in order but I think I only have that resolve because I decided the trade off is far too little for a future you are not even sure of, or lack thereof. Suicide is the easy way out, that I know. I've helped so much people to get out of that suicidal state moments before they do it but it was just funny when it came to the point that I found myself nearly doing it.

I suppose what I mean is, even when you think there is no hope or nothing left for ya. There is such a thing that exists, someone somewhere will care for you.

Just gotta cling to that hope I suppose. Even if you're depressed, find it in yourself to cling.
You're all idiots, but I'm no different.
May 28, 2013 10:50 AM

Oct 2012
i don't like the idea of none-existence, so imma just try to live as long as i can.
May 28, 2013 10:53 AM

Apr 2013
To be honest no, I've come to the realistation that it's pointless, fearing the inevitable seems a little silly doesn't it. I'm more afraid of not "living".
May 28, 2013 10:55 AM

Oct 2012
I believe I'm inherently afraid of death, if I wasn't, I wouldn't be able to post this post. If I'm making the conscience effort to avoid harmful circumstances, then yes, I am subconsciously afraid of dying.

However I do agree with some posts here; it often is indulgent thought to think of how wonderful it would be to be dead, and to let go of all worries once and for all. Yet, there's that feeling that snaps you right back in line: "fight on"

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
May 28, 2013 11:01 AM

Mar 2013
The worst about dying would be to miss something you were really looking forward to.

Like : "Tomorrow start the Olympics Game !"
And bim, you die.
May 28, 2013 1:39 PM

Dec 2011
I'm not afraid of dying or death... I'm afraid of not accomplishing and knowing some things i wanted before that day comes....

Like living forever or smth
May 28, 2013 1:43 PM

Nov 2011
As of right now, no.
I can't really be afraid of it until I experience it first-hand, so until I'm knocking at Death's door, I won't feel that fear of dying.

I'm young, healthy and have a pretty long life ahead of me unless some freak accident kills me, but until then I won't really seriously think about dying, even if I do, I don't think I'd understand the real fear of it.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
May 28, 2013 1:44 PM

Dec 2012
As long as death come knocking at my door when I'm old and satisfied with my life, I am afraid of it coming any earlier
Schools out, No job at moment, STILL hello MAL Eh..I will try to be online
May 28, 2013 1:49 PM

Oct 2009
dlonc said:
My friend we are all afraid of dying.Even the people who suicide are afraid of it,when the grimm reaper knocks on your door its natural to say "Can't you come tommorow?".I personly am not afraid of the physical part of dying I'm more afraid of not doing what I wanted or not acomplishing what I wanted.

nice bigass assumption u made there. do u have any evidence or is it pure speculation
May 28, 2013 2:06 PM

May 2013
How about my dad was in a psychiatric clinic and that he wanted to kill hisself with a knife,and that I was few times few times in this mood on my own or that I also talked with some people who had kinda same problems.And my bigass assumption comes from my mind.And also you know what?I'm not here on MAL to be prove myself as a smartass it's just I wanna talk with people who love anime about anime and about other stuff,where I'm now I have not a possibility.
It's insane how awesome Fate/Zero is.
May 28, 2013 2:21 PM

Oct 2009
dlonc said:
How about my dad was in a psychiatric clinic and that he wanted to kill hisself with a knife,and that I was few times few times in this mood on my own or that I also talked with some people who had kinda same problems.And my bigass assumption comes from my mind.And also you know what?I'm not here on MAL to be prove myself as a smartass it's just I wanna talk with people who love anime about anime and about other stuff,where I'm now I have not a possibility.

That wasnt anything aimed at u, your dad, or anyone else going through something like that an im glad that u overcame it. But your post contained what is known as anecdotal evidence - or evidence in the form of personal accounts that is nowhere near formal enough and large wnough aa a sample size to come to a conclusion about every member of the entire population.

You have no obligation to prove anything or respond even. But since this is casual discussion dont be surprised if people try to doscuss things lol
May 28, 2013 2:32 PM

May 2013
Depends on what you think is gonna happen when you die. As an Atheist, I think either I will cease to exist, in which I wouldn't be afraid to die because after I do, I wouldn't be able to think about it, or I would be stuck in pitch black darkness, forever left to think about everything, causing me to slowly go insane. Obviously, the 2nd option is my worst possible fear, as I hate thinking. Why else would I indulge myself in all these time wasting activities?

To stop me from thinking. My thoughts alone are the scariest thing.
May 28, 2013 2:37 PM

Jun 2009
Topic Merged
All are you afraid to die topics are here.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
May 28, 2013 3:05 PM

May 2013
I'm not afraid of the concept of death in itself, but I am scared to die. It'll be terrifying knowing I'm leaving behind all of my friends and family, never going to see them again and then I just won't exist anymore. I don't know if we go anywhere after we die, but it's very hard to believe that we do so I think I'm more worried of what will happen after I die.
May 28, 2013 4:12 PM

Feb 2013
/sigh

I'm not afraid of Death, but I don't welcome it. If I was scared, I wouldn't have enlisted in the US Army under a combat MOS.

Meaning, I will still do whatever it takes to survive, but if it happens, it happens. It's gonna happen eventually anyway...

Or WILL it???

Nah, just kiddin', we all gon' die.
May 28, 2013 5:13 PM

Jul 2010
I go back and forth between absolute extremes. Sometimes I shut down and am trapped by a sudden but deep-seated fear of death, whereas other times I feel that I wouldn't care one bit if I were to die at the present moment.
May 28, 2013 7:23 PM
Aug 2011
Mostly yes.

I'm also afraid what happens after.

One of those things would be for example, my relatives going through my stuff. Finding embarrassing things etc.
I know that reads like a first world problem, but yeah...
May 29, 2013 12:23 AM

May 2010
I'm more afraid of what comes after death. Well, if there's such thing. Or am I just gonna fade away? Like a.. like a dus... like a dust in the ... wind. O_O

May 29, 2013 1:20 AM

Jan 2011
Their is no point on being afraid of something that you can not control. I worry about things in my life that I can control, such as my career, etc. Death is inevitable.
Be humble or be humbled.
May 29, 2013 1:27 AM

Aug 2012
I'm not afraid to die. The pain is what i'm afraid of.
May 29, 2013 1:31 AM

Jun 2012
only when its a conspiracy, lol
May 29, 2013 1:48 AM
Jul 2018
Yes, I am very afraid.
May 29, 2013 2:44 AM

Feb 2012
I agree with OP, there is nothing to be afraid of. I don't think there is an afterlife or anything, and the thought of absolute nothingness is a bit depressing, but at least I don't have to worry about anything. If you're dead, nothing concerns you anymore. Which is a good thing, I guess.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
May 29, 2013 4:24 AM

Jun 2012
Not really, but at this age I probably fail to grasp the full meaning of life and death.

I'd probably be more afraid of the manner which I die from.

May 29, 2013 5:16 AM

Feb 2012
i always think how i will die,and thats scares me....
May 29, 2013 5:48 AM

May 2013
No. I hope i go to Hell when i die.
May 29, 2013 6:02 AM

May 2013
When I was child, yes, because I was affraid by the world and affraid to loose my mum. But know no. x) (even if I'm always affraid to loose my mum.)
May 29, 2013 11:00 AM
Feb 2013
No, living to suffer under your mistakes is a fate more painful than death. I believe my death will be for the benefit of others.

I only fear the fate of others after I die.
May 29, 2013 11:08 AM

Oct 2012
pauro19 said:
natssuu said:
I believe that after death our destination is nothingness, and the thought about it scares me at times. I'd really like to know more about universe and what's outside of it, but we have to remain ignorant for the rest of our lives.

Why won't you try to believe that after death there would be something beyond this so called of yours "nothingness"? At least if you do believe and when there is for real, you'll be glad.. But if there's none, I doubt you would still be able to know that you've decided to believe... Just a logical advice though...

Belief is not something you can choose just like that, yeah I can say ''Heaven exist'' but I'd be just lying to myself.
May 29, 2013 11:09 AM
Jul 2018
I'm not afraid of death, I just don't want to be there when it happens.
May 29, 2013 11:10 AM

Oct 2009
natssuu said:
pauro19 said:
natssuu said:
I believe that after death our destination is nothingness, and the thought about it scares me at times. I'd really like to know more about universe and what's outside of it, but we have to remain ignorant for the rest of our lives.

Why won't you try to believe that after death there would be something beyond this so called of yours "nothingness"? At least if you do believe and when there is for real, you'll be glad.. But if there's none, I doubt you would still be able to know that you've decided to believe... Just a logical advice though...

Belief is not something you can choose just like that, yeah I can say ''Heaven exist'' but I'd be just lying to myself.

go meditate in the himalayas if you want to perceive the ultimate reality
May 29, 2013 11:11 AM

Oct 2012
RandomChampion said:
natssuu said:
pauro19 said:
natssuu said:

I consider that!
May 29, 2013 11:13 AM

Sep 2011
I don't know if these people actually experienced the verge of dying so they can say they're not afraid.

For me, yes I'm scared and the fact that I "technically" experienced the verge of dying, I realized it myself that I was really scared of it when I experienced that.

May 29, 2013 11:14 AM

Oct 2009
natssuu said:
RandomChampion said:
natssuu said:
pauro19 said:
natssuu said:

I consider that!

nice. i do, too lol (i guess it can be anywhere of supreme peacefulness, too)
May 29, 2013 11:16 AM
Dec 2011
Yes right now, i will not be able to support my brother and sister
May 29, 2013 11:19 AM

May 2013
I am not afraid of death, but I will still defend my life.
'Murica, fuck yeah!
May 29, 2013 2:36 PM

Nov 2011
Why not life is beautiful cuz of death. Its the only thing that's certain.
To bicycle, or not to bicycle: that is not a question
May 29, 2013 4:44 PM

Oct 2012
katsucats said:
*Insert platitude here*
I agree... so profound...
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
May 29, 2013 9:25 PM

Apr 2013
Fight through the pain.
I love naruto~kun he's my husbando~~~~
May 30, 2013 7:10 AM

Nov 2012
Should I not afraid of the end of my existence?
....of all the arts, for us the cinema is the most important.

-- Vladimir Lenin
May 30, 2013 7:17 AM

Jun 2011
Of course I'm afraid. Who wouldn't be?

I mean, most use the fact that dying doesn't hurt in and of itself to justify their lack of fear. I think that's invalid. For me, it's not the pain of dying that I'm afraid of; it's the act of loss. The fact that I am losing something (in this case, my life) in my transition from life to death is what truly scares me more than anything else.

And if there's really no afterlife, then we're just floating in nothingness for eternity. I don't know about you guys, but that terrifies me like little else can.
Reaper71May 30, 2013 3:06 PM
And what if all love is an act of bravery?

Could you look me in the eye and say that you are not afraid?

May 30, 2013 7:20 AM

May 2013
natssuu said:
pauro19 said:
natssuu said:

How really sure are you? I mean, either way since you don't believe in after life.. Then if you're right, you won't still be able to realize it when you die, because there would be nothingness.. Whereas if you believe, then if it really exist, then at least you can tell to yourself that 'yes!' it's true, oh well if it isn't true, you won't be able to realize it either that it is not true because there would be nothingness.. Either way, I'm just being logical here... (sorry for the bad english, im not a native speaker.)
May 30, 2013 2:54 PM

Oct 2012
pauro19 said:
How really sure are you? I mean, either way since you don't believe in after life.. Then if you're right, you won't still be able to realize it when you die, because there would be nothingness.. Whereas if you believe, then if it really exist, then at least you can tell to yourself that 'yes!' it's true, oh well if it isn't true, you won't be able to realize it either that it is not true because there would be nothingness.. Either way, I'm just being logical here... (sorry for the bad english, im not a native speaker.)
That's not even logical at all whatsoever, because you assume that both possibilities share equal plausibility, and that there aren't multitudes of other options. I'll give you an example for each objection.

If I were to tell you that if you don't send me $500 right now, you'd die a painful death, then according to your logic giving me the money is most reasonable. If you give it to me and I'm correct, you'd be most relieved; if I'm incorrect, $500 is not something that you couldn't make back in a lifetime. On the other hand, if you don't give me $500 and I'm correct, you'd die a painful death. If you accept this logic, then you are forced to concede to all claims by necessity.

Secondly, if it turns out that God rewards murderers, then living a life of virtue would bring you to eternal condemnation. We can apply this to your game theory as well. If your assertion of God is correct, you will go to Heaven. If my assertion of God is correct, you will go to Hell. Therefore, living a life of virtue has no advantages.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
May 30, 2013 3:16 PM

Sep 2011
Lol at poll results, fear of death is natural, and wanting to survive is in basic instinct of all living things. If you had a gun at your head right now you would all be shitting yourselves.

I assume the people voting No, mean they are not scared of dying a peaceful death after living a long happy life, which is different.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» which country would you NOT want to visit? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Mar 27

66 by tsukareru »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

33 by elgatosaika »»
16 minutes ago

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - Apr 24

31 by tsukareru »»
49 minutes ago

Poll: » do you hide or deny your dark side to others or society?

deg - 3 hours ago

7 by LoveYourEyes »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Worst social media

IpreferEcchi - Mar 19

29 by DesuMaiden »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.