Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Love Come wo Zenryoku de Jyama Shiteiru' to be Animated (Confirmed to Air Fall 2013)

New
Mar 23, 2013 8:07 AM

Feb 2008
According to Shonen Ace magazine, light novel "Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Love Come wo Zenryoku de Jyama Shiteiru" was announced to get an anime adaptation.

Noucome novel official website

Synopsis:
Amakusa Kaede is a high school boy who has a troublesome supernatural ability called "Zettai Sentakushi (Absolute compulsory either-or choice)". He has to choose and follow one of two orders which pop up in his mind all of a sudden. Due to the perverted orders he has to follow, he has been infamously known for his crazy behavior among the neighbors. One day, another either-or choice pops up. "1) A bishoujo is falling on you; 2) You are falling in drag." When he chooses option 1, a blonde girl named Chocolat falls on him.

Source: Scan of Shonen Ace

Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Love Comedy wo Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru on MAL
NaruleachJul 2, 2013 9:06 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 23, 2013 8:08 AM

Apr 2011
Looks at name, up definitely a Light Novel.

Also, that is quite an interesting plot. Will probably watch.
Mar 23, 2013 8:11 AM

Apr 2009
I can't contain my excitement.

Please Japan, more generic LN adaptions in a highschool setting...
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Mar 23, 2013 8:11 AM
Aug 2011
Again. DAT NAME LENGTH.

I'll probably watch this shit as usual. For the colour wars.

Yellow > Brown > Pink > Silver
Mar 23, 2013 8:16 AM

Dec 2012
Nidhoeggr said:

Lol kinda agree but ofc i will watch it.
Mar 23, 2013 8:17 AM

May 2011
Cute girls? I am in.
Mar 23, 2013 8:19 AM

Nov 2007
Another long name LN, lol.

The synopsis sounds interesting and the girls are quite cute... so I shall watch this.

Queued DB entry:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/19221
EjcJun 25, 2013 9:29 PM
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Mar 23, 2013 8:21 AM

Aug 2010
The synopsis does sound interesting. Let's hope it won't be unbearable generic. Or that it will have at least one top tier girl for whose sake we can make it through.
Mar 23, 2013 8:21 AM

Jan 2013
ill definitely check this out.
Mar 23, 2013 8:23 AM

Sep 2012
Watching for Chocolat's awesome hat. Anyone else like that. So moe!
Mar 23, 2013 8:24 AM

Sep 2012
ZeroZx said:
Cute girls? I am in.

At a glance this looks really different...
Mar 23, 2013 8:27 AM

Apr 2009
tsudecimo said:
Nidhoeggr said:

Lol kinda agree but ofc i will watch it.

Obviously I will watch it as well. You need to know what you criticize.

So, how long will it take to animate a LN with an even longer title? This seems to be the recent competition in the industry.
Mar 23, 2013 8:30 AM

Dec 2009
Dat fucking title, wow.
Mar 23, 2013 8:35 AM

Mar 2011
Another Ore no .... anime title
Mar 23, 2013 8:36 AM

Nov 2008
Ridiculous premise as usual. And a 'pretty' girl' literally falling on him? Sounds like Akikan all over again. At least if he actually had OCD, it would have been funny.
Mar 23, 2013 8:37 AM

Jan 2010
Will watch. Sounds kinda interesting and dat title.
Mar 23, 2013 8:40 AM

Jan 2010
The longer the title, the better the show...amirite?
Ok™
Mar 23, 2013 8:48 AM

Jul 2009
I see they have this competition in Japan for the longest name they could made up.
Its really start to be stupid.

Ah and of course ,again girl falling from the sky ,ok.
Mar 23, 2013 8:50 AM

Nov 2008
An interesting premise to an otherwise typical rom-com/HS setting LN, sounds good at least just for the premise alone, Chocolat is cute as well.

I wish the authors would shorten their titles, I know there's a reason for this but is it really necessary these days with the internet (you can look up the official site for a synopsis if you want to be sure you're interested), if I want to know if something is interesting I look it up on the official site or something.

Mar 23, 2013 8:57 AM

Nov 2007
McRib said:
The longer the title, the better the show...amirite?

This so much, confirmed AOTY
Mar 23, 2013 8:59 AM

Jul 2011
dat sypnosis lol. i like the char designs.

we'll see about that.
Mar 23, 2013 9:03 AM

Sep 2012
The official short name is NouKome

The official site is interesting. The main page comes with a pop-up in which the author comes up with a list of funny short names. I like his self-deprecating humor X-D

It has 3 volumes published so far. Should be enough for 1 cour. Clearly shortlisted by Kadokawa for pushing this LN by a new author.
symbvMar 23, 2013 9:21 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 23, 2013 9:07 AM

May 2010
So... What does the title means? :P

I feel like I've seen all of those girls designs somewhere, and it doesn't sound exciting, so I'll pass. Unless one of the girl is protagonist's imouto :D
Mar 23, 2013 9:10 AM

Jul 2012
well i have to options 1. watch it 2. dont watch it, actually why im saying this, of course i ill watch it
Mar 23, 2013 9:13 AM

Aug 2008
I died a little inside reading the synopsis
Mar 23, 2013 9:15 AM
Jul 2012
Kvakond said:

I thought I was the only one.
Mar 23, 2013 9:16 AM

Sep 2012
Kitsu-nee said:
The Multiple Choice in my Brain is doing its best to mess up a School Love Comedy.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 23, 2013 9:19 AM
Aug 2011
symbv said:
Kitsu-nee said:
The Multiple Choice in my Brain is doing its best to mess up a School Love Comedy.

Oh dear shit. LOL
Mar 23, 2013 9:20 AM

Jun 2011
Well that's one hell of a name.

Oh boy, another highschool love comedy harem, yeah thanks but no thanks.
Mar 23, 2013 9:23 AM

Apr 2009
symbv said:
Kitsu-nee said:

To be frank, this name is bullshit.
Seriously, it only stands out because it is long (like a lot LN these days) and sums up parts of the entire plot with awkward wordings (I doubt the Japanese spelling is less awkward in this sense). Given that most people will use the short form anyway, I can't really see why they would go for longer and even longer names in the marketing department these days.

Kvakond said:

I am sure a lot of us felt the same.
NidhoeggrMar 23, 2013 9:26 AM
Mar 23, 2013 9:25 AM

Sep 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
You know what, it may not even be a name come up by the author. It is pretty common for the publisher to come up with its own name of the LN at the expense of the name suggested by the author if it thinks its name can grab attention more easily and help sell more novels.

Mar 23, 2013 9:26 AM

Jul 2010
Another long name...

The premise sounds interesting.
Mar 23, 2013 9:27 AM

Jul 2012
Ore no more of this shit.
Mar 23, 2013 9:28 AM

Apr 2009
symbv said:
Nidhoeggr said:
You know what, it may not even be a name come up by the author. It is pretty common for the publisher to come up with its own name of the LN at the expense of the name suggested by the author if it thinks its name can grab attention more easily and help sell more novels.

I know this, just expanded my original post in that direction.

But still, if everyone tries to be "original" in the same way it will end up being generic again. Japanese business decisions are sometimes strange from a Western point of view.
Mar 23, 2013 9:32 AM

May 2010
symbv said:
Kitsu-nee said:

Ha! Seems about right :D
Mar 23, 2013 9:33 AM

Mar 2013
Never give us a release date dammit
Mar 23, 2013 9:38 AM

May 2011
Seriously, what's up with the ridiculously long titles these days :'D
Anyway, might as well give this a chance since the plot seems interesting...
~Otaku for 15 years~
Mar 23, 2013 9:39 AM

Sep 2012
Esdese said:
Never give us a release date dammit
That's how it usually works
- announce the start of project
- announce the studio and some staff
- release some key visuals
- release some character designs and seiyuu info
- release more character designs and more seiyuu info
- release PV
- release more PVs
- announce a release date
Not always in this order but it is the general flow.

So we are in the very first line. It will be a while before you reach the last line.

Mar 23, 2013 9:42 AM

Sep 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
But still, if everyone tries to be "original" in the same way it will end up being generic again. Japanese business decisions are sometimes strange from a Western point of view.
The key point is how many in the west seem to think "generic" is a bad word. Actually if we go back to its original meaning, "generic" just means "something of the genre" or "indicative of the genre". In this sense having a long name is "generic" in a good sense because it clearly indicates its LN genre, but of course how it distinguishes from others still requires some good thinking -- you still need to come up with a name that pulls in attention and helps sales.

Nidhoeggr said:
Given that most people will use the short form anyway, I can't really see why they would go for longer and even longer names in the marketing department these days.
Part of the fun is for the fans to talk about the long title and its short name (including how ridiculously funny the long name is or how ridiculously funny the short name sounds in Japanese). Sometimes the LN does not start with an official short name , and then fans talk among themselves to come up with one. It all forms part of the social marketing I guess.
symbvMar 23, 2013 9:46 AM

Mar 23, 2013 9:43 AM

Feb 2013
Sounds interesting
"Currently playing the Game of of Life"
Poppin Pills is All We Know - Antidote
Mar 23, 2013 9:51 AM

Aug 2008
What a piece of crap.
I can´t wait for people come to say something like how this novel is good because it subverts otaku tropes or some bullshit of the like.
Mar 23, 2013 9:52 AM
Mar 2010
of course it will be a beautiful girl. of course she will fall from the sky.
though you gotta admit that the concept sounds original except for the two things I stated above.
LN Readers, is the story good?
Is it popular in Japan? (Just curious)
I looked at the website and it rubs me off in the wrong way.
Sigh, still waiting for a shoujo romance light novel to be animated. </3
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Mar 23, 2013 9:58 AM

Jun 2008
Not into ecchi anime but the plot sounds funny :3

And again what's up with the long titles?
Mar 23, 2013 10:00 AM

Sep 2012
phoenixalia said:
I looked at the website and it rubs me off in the wrong way.
Sigh, still waiting for a shoujo romance light novel to be animated. </3
You are not saying you read the synopsis and still expected to see a shoujo romance LN at the website?

Mar 23, 2013 10:03 AM

Oct 2012
Another long title anime? ._. I hope they shorten it a little.

Mar 23, 2013 10:15 AM

Feb 2010
I don't think this is of interest to me even if they made the name even longer.
I probably regret this post by now.
Mar 23, 2013 10:19 AM

May 2011
Takei_Hisa said:
Another long title anime? ._. I hope they shorten it a little.

symbv said:
The official short name is NouKome

If the writer for this novel is creative enough, this could be really interesting. I'll be looking forward to it!

Also, Chocolat looks nice~
Mar 23, 2013 10:31 AM

Aug 2008
One of the most retarded plot devices I've ever heard of. I'm afraid it might be so stupid I'll check it out against my better judgment.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Mar 23, 2013 10:32 AM
Aug 2011
There's already an ore no blah blah love come blah blah upon us for next season.

I can see A-1 jumping on this.

1. A bishoujo is falling on you. 2. You are falling in drag." When he chooses option 1, a blonde girl named Chocolat falls on him.

Oh come on...option 2 sounded more interesting.
Mar 23, 2013 10:34 AM

Oct 2009
I'm in.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Video Game 'Tensui no Sakuna-hime' Gets TV Anime in 2024

DatRandomDude - Mar 9

18 by malvarez1 »»
7 hours ago

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Reveals Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by Badonkers »»
Yesterday, 12:31 PM

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

29 by RealNath »»
Yesterday, 9:11 AM

» North American Anime & Manga Releases for May

Aiimee - May 5

0 by Aiimee »»
May 5, 10:47 AM

» 'Senpai wa Otokonoko' Announces Additional Staff, Theme Songs

DatRandomDude - May 5

0 by DatRandomDude »»
May 5, 8:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.