Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 22, 2013 1:03 PM

Mar 2013
Finjas said:
Well, I just watched it.
Overall score is 6/10. Just because of the first half and characters.
While there wasn't much char-development, characters themselves was very good.
Well, and, still better than Chaos;Head anime. At least there wasn't much original content from animators. And, like I said, the first half too was pretty good.
Production IG or Hanada Juuki, whoever it was, the show is ruined by them.
Like someone said on youtube, it seems that odd-number Curse from StarTrek fandom is now stroke SciADV-adaptations.
I hope that SciADV4 anime will be good.
Pretty sad that I'm mostly depend on other people's words about the VN. If it wasn't the case and I could read it, I've never started to watch an anime in the first place.

sciAVD 4 wont b a VN i was pissed its gonna be a novel or a manga then an anime its called Oculltic;Nine
Mar 22, 2013 1:08 PM

Mar 2013
Hyack said:
8/10 I'm generous.It really had like 2 masterpiece eps. And I loved the cliffhangers.

a good apinion for a change :3
Mar 22, 2013 1:16 PM

Mar 2013
Zel_Ezl said:
I really like the ending.. One of the best ending I've ever seen. That I wasn't able to feel disappointment :)

I want more of this series .. it's really unique.

agreed an ending that wont make me dwell for months
Mar 22, 2013 1:40 PM

Mar 2011
clayfox951 said:
Finjas said:
Well, I just watched it.
Overall score is 6/10. Just because of the first half and characters.
While there wasn't much char-development, characters themselves was very good.
Well, and, still better than Chaos;Head anime. At least there wasn't much original content from animators. And, like I said, the first half too was pretty good.
Production IG or Hanada Juuki, whoever it was, the show is ruined by them.
Like someone said on youtube, it seems that odd-number Curse from StarTrek fandom is now stroke SciADV-adaptations.
I hope that SciADV4 anime will be good.
Pretty sad that I'm mostly depend on other people's words about the VN. If it wasn't the case and I could read it, I've never started to watch an anime in the first place.

sciAVD 4 wont b a VN i was pissed its gonna be a novel or a manga then an anime its called Oculltic;Nine

Occultic;None isn't the SciADV4. It's side work of Chiyomaru Shikura.

Mar 22, 2013 2:31 PM

Dec 2009

Good try.

2/10
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Mar 22, 2013 2:45 PM

Jul 2010
Good ending to the series! There were some things I would've liked to see done differently, but still a very nice wrap-up.

Kai's reflexes really helped him out! Misa got saved and Kimijima erased. I would have loved to see more KaixAki but oh well. :P

8/10.

Mar 22, 2013 3:15 PM
Aug 2012
-Atomsk- said:
AlexTrusk said:
At the very last episode I finally realised, why this anime disappointed me so much...
All previous series had an interesting concept behind them, with some philosophy in it (not incredibly deep, of course, but still):
Chaos;Head had gigalomaniacs, New Gen and theme of reality vs delusions;
Steins;Gate had worldlines, legend of John Titor and theme of value of memories;
Robotics;Notes had... giant robots and theme of "do you love robots?"

This made it much more forgettable, bland and kinda boring to me...

Thought the theme had something to do with one's dreams or something idk.

It should've been about AR and the real world coming close together which I think would've been a good and interesting topic in addition to the series. But they focused on the wrong things. Giant robots? Really?
MergpijpMar 22, 2013 3:19 PM
Mar 22, 2013 3:21 PM

Jan 2013
-Atomsk- said:
DeadEnd2013 said:

Steins;Gate was just inferior in every possible way. I don't understand why so many people liked it watching it, they ought to get their eyes checked, end of story.

AMIRITE?

At last someone with some sense. The majority seems to disagree with us though.

I think the majority of us weren't on the same stuff as you guys.
I'll grant the animation was better, and the characters had more likeability and depth- but the story took forever to _not_ tell you dozens of things, and there was so much Deus ex for plot resolutions and BS for complications that it seriously disappointed anyone who paid attention (or did you not think Mizuka's death was badly done?).

You love Frau so much, huh?
What happened to her mom?
What happened with the people who were cheat/hacking her game?
What happened with the people who were mind controlled from her game- were there more?
How did the goons get past her security without her noticing?
That's just for Frau. Most characters have unfinished business, or at least unresolved influences. We won't even talk about how Subaru and Jun just disappeared for long stretches because it was too much trouble to even show they were alive.

There are way more reasons to be upset this anime did not live up to it's potential- and I'm glad you love it- more power to you. I liked Frau's character too- that's why not getting answers pi$$ed me off.

So, my eyes worked well enough to see that they didn't finish what they started. No top score for that if you don't mind.
If you aren't watching Zetsuen no Tempest (Civilization Blaster), you should be. Brilliant writing with legit plot twists.

Just finished blog entry 'Japanese Authors Take Heed' Series (JATH)! Entry 03: Proactive Villains, Reactionary Heroes'.
Mar 22, 2013 3:33 PM
Mar 2013
i prefer than S;G
lets say 8/10
but i really dont like the word "justice"
and it dosent always win

from japan with love
Mar 22, 2013 3:51 PM

Mar 2012
I thought it was a pretty meh conclusion to a pretty solid series. I gave it an 8/10...probably would've gave it a 9 if it had a better ending. I prefer endings where everything is resolved...this? It sort of felt like they finished the epic Kaito vs. Misaki fight and then they were like, oh shit, we only have 3 minutes left.

I wish this had another episode to sort of hash everything out.
Mar 22, 2013 3:56 PM

Oct 2011
Well, not that good. This episode kinda makes me feel more disappointed, I think the end could have been better.
After the credit, is it Aki who goes to space or that's just a symbol???
Signature
Mar 22, 2013 4:07 PM

Mar 2012
xfire011 said:
Well, not that good. This episode kinda makes me feel more disappointed, I think the end could have been better.
After the credit, is it Aki who goes to space or that's just a symbol???

I think it was both of them since the scene before the credits had Kai saying "let's go higher." I'm guessing he meant space. lol

Hard to say. That's one thing I didn't like about the ending. It was just too damn vague.
Mar 22, 2013 4:18 PM
Feb 2012
And that's it for Robotics;Notes. Another one of the fall anime has ended.

When I first watched it, I wasn't sure what it even was about. I kept watching and somehow a certain theme materialized and I liked it. Somewhere along the middle part R;N became *really* good and had me at the edge of my seat almost every week but the last few episodes lost their, to use a famous word of the show, impact. Maybe I expected more drama? Or I just wanted the plot to develop in another direction and have Kimijima Kou actually be the hero who he was described as in the reports. Him turning into the villain was probably the show's point of no return. Anyway, all in all it was a pleasant experience and the anime had enough good moments to justify a 8/10 score.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 22, 2013 4:20 PM
Mar 2013
>>#161
>So, my eyes worked well enough to see that they didn't finish what they started.

i dont see any problem
what about eva? that was full of unsolved stuff
so soleved or unsolved is not the matter
this is matter of philosophy of life
and kazuma failed. because he gave up kurisu

>>#164
>This episode kinda makes me feel more disappointed,
>After the credit, is it Aki who goes to space or that's just a symbol???

u disappointed me
Mar 22, 2013 4:36 PM

Jan 2009
Too much comparison to S;G which I felt was unnecessary from certain MAL viewers.

Theme of this series was a lot more light hearted and possibly cultural references involving giant robots and mecha is lost upon western audience.

+
1. Music
2. Animation quality
3. Relationships between characters

-
1. Slow paced
2. Ending felt a bit rush
3. Plothole issues which are probably not in VN
Mar 22, 2013 4:40 PM

Nov 2011
AlliedG said:
Too much comparison to S;G which I felt was unnecessary from certain MAL viewers.

Theme of this series was a lot more light hearted and possibly cultural references involving giant robots and mecha is lost upon western audience.

+
1. Music
2. Animation quality
3. Relationships between characters

-
1. Slow paced
2. Ending felt a bit rush
3. Plothole issues which are probably not in VN

I would change "slow paced" to "weak pacing." Slow done right is fine. They just couldn't decide what they wanted to focus on, and you'd have a major episode followed by two slow ones, then another couple of faster paced ones, and repeat. Other than that I think you pretty much nailed it. It almost felt like a SOL with action/adventure/sci-fi elements, as opposed to the other way around.
Mar 22, 2013 4:56 PM

Jun 2008
Brentolinni said:
But they focused on the wrong things. Giant robots? Really?

They're not wrong, but the anime just focused too much on it, The VN itself like you said focused also on AR. It just went very underplayed in the anime. Much like Frau's Mother, Kai's dream (Which was to become an astronaut), and Sawada's party involvement was turned into a Deux ex Machina.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Mar 22, 2013 5:01 PM

Jan 2013
im619 said:
>>#161
>So, my eyes worked well enough to see that they didn't finish what they started.

i dont see any problem
what about eva? that was full of unsolved stuff

eva? do you mean Evangelion? Sorry- not sure what you mean.

im619 said:
so soleved or unsolved is not the matter
this is matter of philosophy of life
and kazuma failed. because he gave up kurisu

That is a valid point, but most people prefer fiction because it usually isn't as messy and loose-ended as real life. Also, good writing is about an agreement in a way- You can't suggest 'This story will be about giant robots and there might be a battle', then destroy the robot twice, and deliver 5 minutes of battle. I mean, sure- you can, but it's a crappy thing to do. Likewise killing off the only approachable adult character the MC could rely on- for no good reason- and then forgetting how important they were for the rest of the series? Not a good plan. How about setting up a rivalry between two expert robot battlers, then writing one off due to injury & forgetting him? These aren't 'unsolved' issues- but they are major point which probably drew people in at the beginning- then were just dropped. As for kazuma & kurisu, I have no idea who you're talking about- sorry.
If you aren't watching Zetsuen no Tempest (Civilization Blaster), you should be. Brilliant writing with legit plot twists.

Just finished blog entry 'Japanese Authors Take Heed' Series (JATH)! Entry 03: Proactive Villains, Reactionary Heroes'.
Mar 22, 2013 5:22 PM

Dec 2009
What a disappointment. 6/10 in my books. Dunno why I had high hopes for this anime. Only good point was Frau.
Mar 22, 2013 5:45 PM
Jul 2012
Disappointed as fuck. And that cliche "ILL BACK BE" and "JUSTICE WILL ALWAYS WIN"

oh god im so mad.
Mar 22, 2013 5:54 PM

Jan 2013
JavierR said:
Disappointed as fuck. And that cliche "ILL BACK BE" and "JUSTICE WILL ALWAYS WIN"

oh god im so mad.

What's wrong with that? Real life sucks, so it's good justice wins at least in fiction.
Mar 22, 2013 6:14 PM
Jul 2012
Hobgoblin2013 said:
JavierR said:

oh god im so mad.

What's wrong with that? Real life sucks, so it's good justice wins at least in fiction.

lol thats a nice way to look at it, but that last few episodes were very corny, and that just put the icing on the cake.
Mar 22, 2013 6:14 PM
Jan 2011
I think the anime needed to be a little more intense. But the ending was very fitting and i still enjoyed the anime. Just thought it was a little slower than Steins;Gate and i still love Steins;Gate as my top favorite of all to this day.
Mar 22, 2013 6:21 PM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
An appropriate ending for an anime I had very high hopes for but didn't quite meet the expectations I had.

This show was slow at the start and corny towards the end, but I think overall it was good. Certainly, it had nothing that made it great but AR was a unique thing to add and I had just wished that they made more to it or utilised it more. R;N lost part of its potential to be awesome but there were still retained some great moments which makes me think that this is worthy of a:

8/10
Mar 22, 2013 6:26 PM

Jun 2009
A lot of unanswered qns... What abt the mother that supposingly killed her entire staff? Committee of 300? What abt now? Ok so they go into space? Did Mister Pelides get to continue his dream? Thats it from Nea? Braun?

ARRRGGG!!!

sigh... really enjoyed the first half of the show.

6/10
Mar 22, 2013 6:28 PM
Jul 2012
Though people say that the anime is lost potential, terrible, crap, comparing to its prequels, etc. I say it was amazing for me! It was just the right amount of scary for me, and this episode, well... JUST AMAZING! I picked it up because, I'm not a fan of its prequels, but rather a fan of humanoid robots, and that is what it is about... a bit. It adds mystery, combat, love, and more to it with it, sure I can't say its worse than its prequel, but if you thought about it, I'm pretty sure the Visual Novel was meant to be geared towards players, and those who enjoy humanoid robots like myself, and I believe the anime was just trying to get money off the fans of the Visual Novel, it wasn't truly meant for us, anime lovers. So, its understandable to be somewhat angry at it, but remember, it is PROBABLY not geared to anime fans, but a way to make wallets dry for the fans of the Visual Novel.
Mar 22, 2013 6:56 PM

Jun 2008
Acxelion said:
it is PROBABLY not geared to anime fans, but a way to make wallets dry for the fans of the Visual Novel.

If that was their intention (to please the VN players) then it didn't work at all. All the "magic" that made me like the VN, was either omitted or underplayed.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Mar 22, 2013 7:01 PM

Jun 2011
they fucked up the whole series in the last episodes.
it could've been so much better. lost of potential.
7/10
Mar 22, 2013 7:11 PM
Mar 2013
>>#171
too long
summarize
Mar 22, 2013 8:08 PM
Jan 2013
That was a bit anticlimatic, really disappointed. I wonder how a frau ending would have been, she was the most entertaining arc.
Mar 22, 2013 8:39 PM

Dec 2010
A good ending to a good show. I'm going to miss watching this weekly. At first I thought the ending was kind of sudden, but then they had the epilogue scene and for the most part that smoothed everything out for me. An enjoyable, inspiring, slice of life show with robots. What more can I say? I would have liked to see a bit more of the future in the last few minutes. Maybe just to see what everyone is up to, but I can't really complain!
Mar 22, 2013 8:45 PM

Sep 2012
Took way too long for shit to get real, but it was pretty good when it did. Overall decent. 6-7/10 I suppose. Gonna assume that the VN is better.
A match made in heaven set the fires in hell
Mar 22, 2013 8:49 PM

Jul 2011
Thank god Kai doesn't die. The Happy End fits perfect for this show, I enjoyed it a lot.

solid 8/10
Mar 22, 2013 9:16 PM

Jul 2012
bastek66 said:
KingCez said:
who became an astronaut?!!!!??!? FFFUUUUUU i must know

Tyrel said:
hell Chaos;Head was better..

Are you out of your mind?

I agree chaos head was better and if it was able to span out as long as robotic notes it could've fleshed out the characters and plot better.

Also with this ending I expected it to be more detailed with more insight on the characters afterwards Frau ftw, but it was a little bit sudden to end like that for me
kUshPandA_ENJOiMar 22, 2013 9:19 PM
Feels like losing all five senses &
Maybe not able to have thoughts,

Enjoi...
Mar 22, 2013 9:20 PM

Jan 2013
Too much complaining for a decent show. I actually enjoyed the ride through on this anime. I'm not super thrilled on how it ended. I would of liked to see a bit more on Akiho and Kaito.

I'm definitely not going to complain about an anime that took a step in a different direction then all these other shounen/harem/moe ones. I had happy moments and sad moments. Definitely worth watching once.
Mar 22, 2013 9:22 PM

Oct 2007
Like what most other people think, it would have been better if they were able to stretch the series to the full 25 episodes but I guess they started late with their production. Had they did, we would see more of a polished product.

But with the time frame that they worked with, I think they did a solid job with it. Some episodes were actually really good, like that one where they tied in all the references from the previous nitroplus works. So, I gave it a generous 7.5/10, rounded to 8.
Mar 22, 2013 9:32 PM

Jul 2010
I will rate it 7/10 because of hilarious moments including Frau or Subaru.The story itself was eh, good, but nothing special...and thats it.It was much better than Chaos;Head in every way tho IMO.
incompleteAEGISMar 22, 2013 9:35 PM
Mar 22, 2013 9:39 PM

Jan 2013
im619 said:
>>#171
too long
summarize

No. You're free to ignore all words beyond your attention span.
Also, learn to quote- posts can move when people delete.

Mar 22, 2013 9:59 PM
Mar 2013
bloggbigg said:
im619 said:
>>#171
too long
summarize

i mean, im not native english speaker
irony dosent work for me
brevity is the soul of wit
Mar 22, 2013 10:00 PM

Nov 2011
im619 said:

William Shatner.
Mar 22, 2013 10:14 PM
Mar 2012
I have to agree with the comment on the first page, Chaos;head was much better than this. Despite everything Chaos;head did wrong I can say I was never bored watching it compared to this show which almost nothing happened in.
Mar 22, 2013 10:25 PM

Oct 2008
Intereo said:
Posse said:
Monopoles falling from the sky without reason?

You're right about that, but as far as I know there IS a reason. Just as I said before, Production I.G ommited it. And don't get me wrong, it was also dissapointing for me.

Well, I'm scoring the anime, not the VN, I don't care if it was explained or not in the VN :P
Mar 22, 2013 10:59 PM

Jan 2013
I don't really see a point in comparing Robotics;Notes to Chaos;Head. The only thing remotely interesting and in common to each other our Semicolons.

Despite what I just said, Chaos;Head was like a newly made pirate ship leaving shore and instantly sinking. I at least enjoyed R;N and S;G all the way through. I may have turned emo and tried to cut grass during C;H.
Mar 22, 2013 11:19 PM

Jan 2013
im619 said:
bloggbigg said:
im619 said:
>>#171
too long
summarize

i mean, im not native english speaker
irony dosent work for me

That's fair- my bad. What's you're lang?

Mar 22, 2013 11:55 PM
Mar 2013
bloggbigg said:

That's fair- my bad. What's you're lang?

thank u for understanding
i speak japanese
Mar 23, 2013 12:42 AM

Jul 2012
Not liking the ending all that much. Too much justice for me.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Mar 23, 2013 12:50 AM

Dec 2011
The ending was a bit fast paced but still liked it. This was my third mecha anime so I liked it. Bye, Aki-chan! And Kai, Jun, Frau and Subaru. :D

5/5

何も期待するな//list//twitter//osu//
Mar 23, 2013 12:55 AM

Aug 2012
A decent ending episode to a decent series. Still disappointed overall, I can't help but compare it to Steins;Gate (although I shouldn't since it's like comparing apples and oranges).

I still give it 8/10 because of Frau.

My Youtube page: link
Mar 23, 2013 1:05 AM
Mar 2013
u should know that
google translate dosent work for japanese
every sentence dosent make sence, not even one
so english is fine here
Mar 23, 2013 1:21 AM

Jan 2013
I tried to tweak the output, but like I said, no romanji- so I could only do so much. :(
I guess that's what lazy gets you... :)

I have hidden my shame... :D

Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2012

266 by Rinkitori31 »»
Apr 14, 10:14 AM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

216 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 10:05 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

303 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2012

156 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 4:23 PM

» I keep thinking back about this anime

BreakApart - Jul 4, 2021

12 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Mar 26, 2023 8:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.