Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 6, 2013 12:33 AM

Mar 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So Ichigo's dad was the 10th division Captain LOL
Mar 6, 2013 12:37 AM

Jan 2009
Isshin is a Shiba and related to this this guys
http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/K%C5%ABkaku_Shiba
http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Ganju_Shiba

and also the most interesting revelation for me is that Zaraki just stole a "asauchi" sword lol
Mar 6, 2013 12:37 AM

May 2010
So Ichigo really is ken to Kaian. :O
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Mar 6, 2013 12:41 AM
Sep 2007
flashbacks all over the place.
Hi
Mar 6, 2013 12:41 AM

Sep 2012
Ooh some nice interesting flashbacks.
So Isshin was 10th division captain and Hitsugaya is currently lower ranked than Rangikuu.
Nice to see Aizen again, even if it was only a flashback
Mar 6, 2013 12:42 AM

Oct 2010
I wonder if Isshin is really his dad. Ichigo looks too much like Kaien than Isshin. I wonder if Isshin and Kaien was brothers, cousins, or uncle/nephew.
Mar 6, 2013 12:42 AM

Mar 2011
Yes yes yes.
Aizen is back and his favorite words "It's all according to plan"
Mar 6, 2013 12:45 AM

Jan 2009
bonifide said:
I wonder if Isshin is really his dad.

but chapter 514 alredy revealed that Juha Bach is the real father of Ichigo
Mar 6, 2013 12:47 AM

Nov 2007
Young Hitsugaya in the flashback is so cute!!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 6, 2013 1:01 AM

Mar 2012
tsubasalover said:

really? he looks the same to me :o
Mar 6, 2013 1:03 AM

Dec 2012
Wow Isshin was the former 10th squad captain. Interesting to see Aizen again and hopefully we will understand more of his hollification experiments and see why he did it. Good chapter overall.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Mar 6, 2013 1:04 AM

Oct 2010
j0x said:
bonifide said:

I forgot i read the mangapanda version so i didnt take it serious. lol. Ichigo still looks almost exactly like Kaien Shiba.
Mar 6, 2013 1:12 AM

Jun 2012
j0x said:
bonifide said:

Juha Bach is not Ichigo's father....that "son" it was like when your grandpa tell you.....,son.(in US it's normal)

Great chapter
Art-4/5
Story-3.75/5
Random ??/??
Mar 6, 2013 1:21 AM

Apr 2010
So are Isshin and Kaien brothers, cousins, uncle and nephew or father and son? Hopefully future chapters will reveal much, and sooner rather than later! Somebody updated the Bleach Wikia stating he's the uncle of the Shiba we've all met. Where'd they pull that from LOL?
antonnnMar 6, 2013 1:26 AM
Mar 6, 2013 1:24 AM

Nov 2007
Hyodou said:
tsubasalover said:

really? he looks the same to me :o

Young Hitsugaya is cute and pure, and the current Hitsugaya is cute but can see that he's been going through a lot (or having more experiences).
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 6, 2013 1:34 AM

Jun 2010
Weekly Shounen Flashback.
Mar 6, 2013 1:42 AM

Jan 2009
BlackSCREEN said:
j0x said:
bonifide said:

Juha Bach is not Ichigo's father....that "son" it was like when your grandpa tell you.....,son.(in US it's normal)

dude even MangaStream translated in the end of chapter 514 the words "THE SHOCKING TRUTH!!!" confirmation on the below spoiler
Mar 6, 2013 1:42 AM

Dec 2012
Ichigo is the product of Aizen's manipulation.
Isshin Shiba met Masaki Kurosaki because of Aizen.
Aizen wants a perfect hybrid of all Bleach beings...Shinigami + Hollow + Quincy + Human.
It all happened to Ichigo because of Aizen's genius.
Hail Sasuke...errr I mean Aizen!

Mar 6, 2013 2:03 AM

Aug 2009
So many familiar faces, I love this chapter. Also the relationship of Rangiku, Toushiro and Isshin nnggnghh.. I most say I'm surprised. Finally a clear statement that Isshin is a Shiba, wonderful. When did all this take place? I'm guessing 20 years before Bleach beginning or something?
Mar 6, 2013 2:09 AM

May 2012
Oh no! "Things are going according to plan!" You know what that means people! :D
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Mar 6, 2013 2:20 AM

Dec 2012
antonnn said:
So are Isshin and Kaien brothers, cousins, uncle and nephew or father and son? Hopefully future chapters will reveal much, and sooner rather than later! Somebody updated the Bleach Wikia stating he's the uncle of the Shiba we've all met. Where'd they pull that from LOL?

When Ichigo was shot up to the royal palace with the cannon in chapter 518, Kukaku Shiba (Kaien's sister) says to Ganju (Kaien's brother) that uncle would be sad. So Isshin is probably their uncle since he would be sad that his son Ichigo was leaving.
Mar 6, 2013 2:29 AM

Oct 2008
Oh god, Isshin being the previous Captain of the 10th division has been a theory of mine for years! So nice to see your speculations becoming right from time to time xDD
But him being a Shiba is a great way to explain Ichigo's weird resemblance with Kaien, I always assumed Tite would just write it off as a coincidence :'D Thank god, he's decided to close some plot holes.
But I wonder in which way this will relate to the current plot! After 500 chapters we'll finally know the secret to Ichigo's toally mysterious birth. This seems to be kind of a trend though, writing the origins of the main character so late into the story.
But at least now this arc is becoming more interesting to me personally, cuz I love Bleach flashbacks for some reason :D
Mar 6, 2013 2:31 AM

Jun 2011
j0x said:
BlackSCREEN said:
j0x said:
bonifide said:

dude even MangaStream translated in the end of chapter 514 the words "THE SHOCKING TRUTH!!!" confirmation on the below spoiler

I highly doubt that Juha Bach is Ichigo's father. If anything, id say that Juha Bach was the father of Ichigo's mother. How could you doubt Isshin being Ichigo's father? For starters, Isshin and Ichigo both share the Getsuga Tenshou, and correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure that it was mentioned somewhere that Getsuga Tenshou was a family technique, passed down in genes.
Also, i doubt that the young mother of Ichigo would do "that" with a thousand year old man such as Juha. xD
Mar 6, 2013 2:41 AM

Jan 2009
rzoks said:

I highly doubt that Juha Bach is Ichigo's father. If anything, id say that Juha Bach was the father of Ichigo's mother. How could you doubt Isshin being Ichigo's father? For starters, Isshin and Ichigo both share the Getsuga Tenshou, and correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure that it was mentioned somewhere that Getsuga Tenshou was a family technique, passed down in genes.
Also, i doubt that the young mother of Ichigo would do "that" with a thousand year old man such as Juha. xD

because Juha Bach can absorb abilities like Bankai so its not impossible for Ichigo to unconsciously absorb the bankai of Isshin, and btw the first few chapters of Bleach also mentions that Ichigo absorbs the shinigami powers of Rukia so it was hinted long ago that Ichigo is a Quincy

i guess you people need more confirmation that Ichigo is a Quincy, i guess the WHOLE chapter 514 of Bleach is not yet enough confirmation, try reading MangaStream version of that chapter too since its more clearer, but ye if you still cannot believe it then hopefully in a few more chapters it will be revealed again with more concrete evidences
Mar 6, 2013 3:02 AM

Dec 2011
So.. Ichigo's dad Isshin is a shinigami and was the 10th Division Captain.. and he is a Shiba.. and Ichigo's mom was a Quincy... Ok

Why do I get the feeling that Aizen is somewhat responsible for Ichigo's mother's death? (I forgot her name.. Misaki was it?)
Mar 6, 2013 3:06 AM

Jul 2008
Uchihafan25 said:
Oh no! "Things are going according to plan!" You know what that means people! :D

Hope it goes as planned... I won't accept anyone but Aizen as the final villain -_-
Mar 6, 2013 3:13 AM

Feb 2012
A lot of interesting stuff, just keep giving me more, Kubo.
Mar 6, 2013 3:15 AM

Mar 2012
Is narukashi that city from the boring urahara flashback that I skipped?

OK chapter
End Zionazism
Mar 6, 2013 3:16 AM

Apr 2010
Nicobade said:
antonnn said:

When Ichigo was shot up to the royal palace with the cannon in chapter 518, Kukaku Shiba (Kaien's sister) says to Ganju (Kaien's brother) that uncle would be sad. So Isshin is probably their uncle since he would be sad that his son Ichigo was leaving.

Thanks for clearing that up! Little things like that get past me sometimes, especially when I need to remember them once something important has taken place lol.
Mar 6, 2013 4:16 AM

Aug 2012
It was an OK chapter... nothing much to tell.
I never go back on my words... that's my NINDO... MY NINJA WAY!!!
Visit my deviantART Gallery
Mar 6, 2013 4:19 AM

Jan 2012
I guess now it makes sense why Kaien looks like Ichigo,never expected Isshin to be from the shiba clan not bad Kubo
Mar 6, 2013 4:29 AM

Jul 2012
Surely toshiro would notice ichigo is related to isshin since both of them can use getsuga tenshou, why did he say anything in previous meetings with ichigo?

If ichigo is really the son of a quincy, would karin and yuzu also have quincy powers????
Never settle with words what you can accomplish with a flame thrower.
Mar 6, 2013 4:31 AM

Feb 2012
Aizen ends a chapter with his famous "Just as planned" quote?

You can't have a better end.

Really enjoyed this one, I always love it when we go back to past in Bleach, always something surprises me, never expected Rangiku to be on higher position then Toushiro.
Mar 6, 2013 4:33 AM

Sep 2012
Oh not disu shitto agen.

Really? Trying to force a completely uninteresting, comic relief character into the middle of it all...

Damn you Kubo
Mar 6, 2013 4:38 AM

Dec 2012
Looks like Isshin is the head of the Shiba clan!
Mar 6, 2013 4:39 AM

Dec 2012
aw454wtr said:
Surely toshiro would notice ichigo is related to isshin since both of them can use getsuga tenshou, why did he say anything in previous meetings with ichigo?

If ichigo is really the son of a quincy, would karin and yuzu also have quincy powers????

Yea maybe they would gain quincy powers some time in the future but they are really unimportant characters so it doesn't really matter.
Mar 6, 2013 5:22 AM

May 2009
In short..Ichigo will be the one to get his power without asauchi?
I think this will be the case. -_______-
Mar 6, 2013 5:34 AM

Jul 2011
This is more a confirmation episode that another thing.
Mar 6, 2013 5:42 AM

Sep 2009
A lot of theories and speculation have been confirmed in Bleach the past 2 weeks. Seems boring to me. There were no surprises or twists that weren't expected. At least none for me.

Mar 6, 2013 5:51 AM

Dec 2009

Aizen does it again.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Mar 6, 2013 5:56 AM

Apr 2012
flashback/setup chapter... hopefully next week we get to see how Isshin got beat up.
Mar 6, 2013 6:01 AM

Jul 2012
Arumaru said:
In short..Ichigo will be the one to get his power without asauchi?
I think this will be the case. -_______-

ichigo already did that once, no one gave him an asauchi when he first became a soul reaper in the start of the series and when he regained his power from uruhara's shattered shaft training, he probably made it from his own soul
Never settle with words what you can accomplish with a flame thrower.
Mar 6, 2013 6:22 AM

Apr 2011
"All according to plan." I wonder what is not in his plan---- Oh god, could I be one of his plans too? Or maybe the Global Warming? And please don't say Aizen had planned for Justin Beiber to destroy the music as well.

Jokes aside, a good chapter after somewhat disappointing chapters. Also, Masaki is a Quincy, right? And Isshin is a Shinigami. From what we've been told, Shinigami (or Souls for that matter) cannot reproduce, right? So, is Ichigo, Karin and Yuzu Isshin's children? If so, how? DoesWill Kubo even remember thatexplain it to us? Also, since Masaki is a Quincy, could it be that Ryuuken is, perhaps, a cousin of hers? Why else would a Shinigami be best of buds with a Quincy? Supposing it's because they're both doctors, it's still too big of a coincidence.
Mar 6, 2013 6:46 AM

May 2012
A good chapter <3
Interesting too see the past of the characters.
Toushirou is so cool XD
Mar 6, 2013 7:16 AM

Apr 2010
It'll be interesting to see how he gets his sword back, especially being a Shinigami already, whenever he got it in the past was always when becoming a Shinigami. Well, I guess this time he'll be turning into a Quincygami.
Mar 6, 2013 7:45 AM

Apr 2011
For me it felt like the chapter was too short :c
Mar 6, 2013 7:51 AM
Mar 2012
Njs_Fluffy said:
For me it felt like the chapter was too short :c

same here actually. Sometimes i wish this was a monthly to have more pages per chapter.

I guess the hollow that injured isshin was Aizen's experiment. Those do have a reputation for being troublesome.

I still thought the flash back was a ways off though. Bleach really will end too fast at this rate
Mar 6, 2013 7:57 AM

Oct 2012
Interesting chapter...but why didn't Toshirou say anything to Isshin when both of them appeared to help Ichigo at the end of the fullbring arc?
"He's not dead, he's Katsura."
Mar 6, 2013 8:40 AM

Sep 2010
yhunata said:
From what we've been told, Shinigami (or Souls for that matter) cannot reproduce, right? So, is Ichigo, Karin and Yuzu Isshin's children? If so, how? DoesWill Kubo even remember thatexplain it to us? Also, since Masaki is a Quincy, could it be that Ryuuken is, perhaps, a cousin of hers? Why else would a Shinigami be best of buds with a Quincy? Supposing it's because they're both doctors, it's still too big of a coincidence.
Soul reapers can definitely reproduce to make new souls. Plenty of characters in SS belong to a clan or have siblings and parents that are shown/mentioned. Also those are most likely all Isshin's kids. Ichigo seems to have inherited Isshin's zanpakuto powers and bares a strong resemblance to Isshin's nephew Kaien Shiba(former squad 13 vice cap.)
Mar 6, 2013 8:46 AM

Sep 2010
j0x said:
rzoks said:

because Juha Bach can absorb abilities like Bankai so its not impossible for Ichigo to unconsciously absorb the bankai of Isshin, and btw the first few chapters of Bleach also mentions that Ichigo absorbs the shinigami powers of Rukia so it was hinted long ago that Ichigo is a Quincy

i guess you people need more confirmation that Ichigo is a Quincy, i guess the WHOLE chapter 514 of Bleach is not yet enough confirmation, try reading MangaStream version of that chapter too since its more clearer, but ye if you still cannot believe it then hopefully in a few more chapters it will be revealed again with more concrete evidences
Juha Bach can only absorb bankais with the help of those medallions. Its not a basic quincy power, just a device he made. And it makes much more sense for Isshin to be the Biological father than Juha. If Juhabach was his real father then that would mean he's 100% quincy and his birth really wouldn't be that special like everyone is hinting at.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 60 Discussion

rebwaters - Oct 19, 2009

5 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 17, 6:12 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 570 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 26, 2014

90 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 14, 6:04 PM

» Bleach Next Generations?

Fullmetaldak - Apr 10

13 by Fullmetaldak »»
Apr 13, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 480 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 7, 2012

102 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 6, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 674 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2016

50 by _Zanga »»
Mar 31, 10:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.