Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 3, 2007 4:43 PM

May 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh yeah, pretty awesome 8D

Something I don't get is the exaggeration of those HUGE boobs they all have. Really.. OMG.. XD
Oct 3, 2007 8:43 PM

Nov 2006
It SEEMS cool, but this is a Gonzo so I'm betting with myself when it'll go downhill.

The part about Jin's parents and sister dying in the beginning = retarded. I'm sick of main characters going emo because of death. I was even thinking to myself at the very beginning how he seemed to be a happy kid, which surprised me. Oh well.

And of course it looks like his best friend is going to be his rival now, fantastic. Major Gundam vibes from this one. Sigh. At least the art is good.

The boob thing annoyed me too.
Oct 3, 2007 9:44 PM

Aug 2006
Ditto on the complaints.

It wasn't bad, not too sure what to think of it at the moment, will have to see some more.
#dontcare
Oct 4, 2007 2:21 AM
Jun 2006
boobs ftw! ^^

but on a serious sidenote, gonzo makes good stuff ,)

Oct 4, 2007 2:24 PM
Jun 2007
Where is my teh subz!? >_<

Oct 4, 2007 3:10 PM

Jul 2007
Expect something good next episode I know GONZO won't fail me this time with the VA of line up they have and some support from Kyo-Ani too (They paid Kyo-Ani for assistance I guess).

Oct 5, 2007 12:44 AM
Jun 2007
That fight was ****ing awesome. Just too bad the guy is from Naruto and the Girl is from Bionicle.

Oct 5, 2007 4:59 AM

Oct 2006
Well to be honest I thought the animation was pretty average, even bad in some bits. Like in the fight scene for example. And there's indeed way exaggerated cup sizes....

As for the storyline so far, nothing exceptional really. But I'll give it a few more episodes to convince me.
Oct 5, 2007 6:53 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Lol, Witchblade art.

Was interesting, I really like Toa. Let's see how this continues.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 5, 2007 7:05 AM

Mar 2007
I didn't really feel any urge to continue this show after this episode, everything was pretty standard. Though I'm giving it a couple of episodes of thought, it might turn out interesting.
Oct 5, 2007 7:13 AM

Mar 2007
I liked it, even though it was all very familiar. Emo hero with dead family is a bit old, but he is really cute, so I will give it a chance for a while ^___^
/shallow
Oct 5, 2007 9:34 AM

Jul 2007
ZoiQ said:

Something I don't get is the exaggeration of those HUGE boobs they all have. Really.. OMG.. XD

lol I was thinking the same thing through out the episode haha ^^,

Anyways I liked the episode, that pink haired character Toa is a complete win^_^
Overall this series seems pretty interesting, so I'm going to definitely be following the episodes.
Oct 5, 2007 1:02 PM

Dec 2006
I think I'm gonna count all the characters with big boobs in this series. *has no life*

But, it was sort of boring at first til Jin-person got attacked, then it was a little less boring. Um... That guy... I don't remember his name, that was Jin's friend, something about him makes me think of Shinji... Hopefully it'll get better for me... I dunno. If anything, however, I like Jin and Toa's hair.
Oct 5, 2007 1:06 PM
Apr 2006
...this was such a strange first episode...they try to be cool~ but fail >.>
it's kind of sad...for animation and music were quite good imo. it's a rather weird genre mix though and i'm curious where this will lead...
Oct 5, 2007 1:09 PM

Aug 2007
Almost average if you ask me... X_x
Don't liked the most of the animations. The story with a hero saved from a mysterious girl isn' t new and the characters don't seem very interesting.
I will follow this anime another 3 episodes, if it don't get better until then I think I will drop it~
Oct 5, 2007 2:43 PM

Jan 2007
its was meh for me, there have been too many of those this season so far.
Oct 5, 2007 6:47 PM

Jun 2007
I thought is was really good. The whole family dying thing was pretty sudden; I just guessed that his dad would die. I'm gonna keep watching it, especially to find out who all of those other characters are.

P.S. Did that launch thing to space remind anybody else of Hot Wheels? Just saying.
Oct 5, 2007 8:08 PM

Sep 2007
I like the artwork so I'm probably going to keep watching. As many had complained, the boobies are god awful.

I forgot to mention that Toa is hot. So I'm going to keep on watching because Toa is hot. Toa. Hotness.
Oct 5, 2007 8:14 PM
Apr 2007
SamuraiTom said:
I forgot to mention that Toa is hot. So I'm going to keep on watching because Toa is hot. Toa. Hotness.

this is the reason why i'm watching as well...toa <3...i think the story may be a little cliched, but it does have potential...i'm waiting for some cg mecha dragon action too...the breasts didn't really bother me...i've seen worse (godannar, grenadier, and mouse) so as long as it doesn't become fanservice moment every 15 seconds, i think i'll be able to tolerate it...
Oct 5, 2007 8:20 PM

Apr 2007
SamuraiTom said:

Yes.

The first episode was ok... certainly not as good as I had hoped, and the fight scene was horrendous, but we'll see I guess.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2007 11:33 PM

Jul 2007
This show basically turned out how I thought it would. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't amazing, I enjoyed it. Toa is indeed hot. She's got the right proportions :). Plus she seems sweet but I guess only time will tell. The fight was pretty good, I felt bad for the truck driver though.

I'm happy to see a move back into the boob realm rather than all these darn loli-characters :P

Not sure what to think of the characters yet, guess I'll wait and see. The same toward the plot I have no idea where it will go. Will it be generic? Maybe.

I have to admit I too am getting tired of the character who loses his parents, family, friend, etc, in the first episode. It only brings a little bit of drama because I don't care about the character yet. If you want emotional drama from a character death have a character die halfway into the series or maybe toward the end. Not the first episode!
Oct 6, 2007 3:48 AM

Apr 2007
Aside from the over exagerated boobs, i liked it. So i'll continue watching this one ^^.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2007 11:36 AM
Jun 2007
BOOBS!!! BOOBS!!! AND EVEN MORE BOOBS!!! XD

well my first thoughts were that the lead character, Jin, somewhat resembles that little bitch we all love to hate: Sasuke. the show all ready loses points because of that. i thought that the show was gonna have a rather gloomy atmosphere after seeing the tragedy at the beginning. boy was I wrong.

the plot seems to rather lack cohesiveness. hopefully, the next few episodes will tie that aspect.

SamuraiTom said:

I share your sentiments.
Oct 6, 2007 2:59 PM

Feb 2007
I like the blond girl with the crazy pink haired butler man. I made her my favourite character. Toa is win though, but still..

Animation was good, VA=good. etc etc.

Story=whyyyyy

The launching thing did not remind me of hotwheels, but it did remind me of Gundam.. and that Galaxy Railway show. :O
Jin=Shin as far as I'm concerned. At least when he got emo, his hair got better looking.

There better be some sort of interesting twist in this show!

And so many bewbs. A bit.. much.. when they are like sagging.. :O

edit: Plus, the general plot=Stellvia ripoff imo.
SY_IS_DEAD_IRLOct 6, 2007 3:15 PM
Oct 6, 2007 3:18 PM
Jun 2007
selective_yellow said:

The launching thing did not remind me of hotwheels, but it did remind me of Gundam..

gundam seed right? when they launched the Kusanagi from Orb.
Oct 6, 2007 8:55 PM

Jul 2007
All I can say I become a Toa Fan several weeks before it started and other reason she is voiced by no other than Minorin who voiced Yuki Nagato.

Oct 6, 2007 9:25 PM

Jun 2007
I guess it was good for an introduction... it was a taaad bit slow for my liking (maby im crazy haha cause there is a ship exploding at the beguining :P)
The dude has such emo hair lol and OMG boobs everywhere! O_o BIG BOOBS

Oct 7, 2007 6:46 AM
Sep 2007
The characters in this anime is quite small, the head is like (). And Toa in swedish are Toilet :P
Oct 7, 2007 7:27 AM

Aug 2007
Nice episode but then again most first episodes are. I especially liked the scene of him falling out of the aeroplane.

But i have a dislike for oversized breasts and the excessive wobble some poor sod must be spending too long on to animate.

Oct 7, 2007 8:10 AM

Jul 2007
From what I have seen, the best start of any show this season. Great animation. I love the characters designs. It really dragged you into the world and made you want to know more about it. I'll keep watching.
Oct 7, 2007 12:30 PM

Nov 2006
teletha said:
From what I have seen, the best start of any show this season. Great animation. I love the characters designs. It really dragged you into the world and made you want to know more about it. I'll keep watching.
Your avatar = major win. Makes me want to watch more~
Oct 7, 2007 3:44 PM

Jul 2007
I liked it. I think I'm definitely going to continue watching for a while.
All the mods fucking blow on this website except Kaiserpingvin, Cloudy-Sky, Baman and aero. PM me if you're actually good and I left you out.

Oh, rule 8...

( ̄ー ̄)
Oct 8, 2007 5:40 AM

Jun 2007
I felt the episode was rushed, like they were doing their best to introduce as many characters as they possibly could in the time alloted.

Oct 8, 2007 6:41 AM

Sep 2007
christinemarie said:
All I can say I become a Toa Fan several weeks before it started and other reason she is voiced by no other than Minorin who voiced Yuki Nagato.

yes one of those reason why i watch this serie XD
and the other one is cause of daisuke ono (itsuki)
and my main reason is cause of hirano aya lolz i think you guys should know her XD
ok many will say that its a stupid reason just cause of seiyuus to watch an anime
but since there are new animes outs i try to watch as much as i can
later i think i will drop some of them XD

Oct 8, 2007 6:47 AM

Sep 2007
Tenshin said:
christinemarie said:

yes one of those reason why i watch this serie XD
and the other one is cause of daisuke ono (itsuki)
and my main reason is cause of hirano aya lolz i think you guys should know her XD
ok many will say that its a stupid reason just cause of seiyuus to watch an anime
but since there are new animes outs i try to watch as much as i can
later i think i will drop some of them XD

I do that all the time, watching an anime just because of a favorite seiyuu. Because if I didn't do that, I would just stick to my sci-fi/fantasty genre and never really venture out.

But anyway. First ep. Hmm...it was okay. Nothing really grabbing but I'm definitely going to continue watching it.
Oct 8, 2007 1:30 PM

Oct 2007
I'm sure it could have been better, but it was enough to keep my interest. I've had this on my list to watch this season, so it's not like I'm going to drop it after one or two episodes. I'm really waiting for the mecha dragons...dragons get automatic points for me. XD
Oct 8, 2007 5:09 PM

Jun 2007
The first episode wasn't bad. There was nothing in that totally put me off so that's a big plus. I really like the character designs (the boobs are a bit much, but they're nothing I can't get around.) The story isn't doing much for me at the moment, but I do like dragons... and Toa.
Oct 8, 2007 5:17 PM

Sep 2007
I love how Toa is only introduced in the last couple minutes of the episode yet she's already a favorite among watchers xD
Oct 8, 2007 11:58 PM

Jun 2007
pandaris said:
I felt the episode was rushed, like they were doing their best to introduce as many characters as they possibly could in the time alloted.

I felt that way too. And all I remember from most of them is BOOBS. The plot hasn't interested me much yet but the love story between the two mains seems promising so I'll stick with it for that for now.
Oct 9, 2007 3:56 PM

May 2007
I'm going to agree with a bunch of people here, starts off with your typical type of hero in the beginning. Got the Gundam Seed vibe from this series. But, as I totally loved Gundam Seed to pieces, I'm definitely not complaining. I really want to see these Dragons in battle soon.

The character models in general just looked odd to me. Didn't know women could have boobs that big. :)
Oct 9, 2007 4:44 PM

Aug 2007
not bad.. seatbelt + boobs
Oct 10, 2007 1:43 AM

Feb 2007
Faust721 said:
its was meh for me, there have been too many of those this season so far.

QFT. In fact, the anime I liked the most this week is Gankutsuou, and that isn't even a Spring Anime! Watching an extra 3 episodes of it helps though. But Dragonaut started ok for me. Toa is pretty cool, and I didn't know until reading this thread that Yuki Nagato's seiyuu is doing the voice. Wish I could remember the seiyuu's actual name...

Cons: Oversized boobs, inconsistant animation, Jin.
Pros: Toa, explosion at the beginning, Akira. I like her.
Oct 11, 2007 10:09 PM

Aug 2007
that one girl in the OP (playing the piano) really reminds me of Yin from Darker Than Black
Oct 13, 2007 1:11 PM

Aug 2007

The part about Jin's parents and sister dying in the beginning = retarded. I'm sick of main characters going emo because of death. I was even thinking to myself at the very beginning how he seemed to be a happy kid, which surprised me. Oh well.

Very true... Hated the beginning of the Episode. Besides that seemed a fairly good anime in terms of history. Art isnt the best but it should make the job. I will watch some more epis.I think teh bewbiz are simply too large... Damn for 1 sec i thought this was just another Ecchi anime

Again Killing family and/or friends in first episode just like that is massive fail imho.
Oct 14, 2007 1:07 PM

Apr 2007
It's a little slow, but seems interesting. I'll watch a few more.
Oct 19, 2007 12:52 PM

Apr 2007
meh, it was ok.

edit: i only watched coz of chihara minori
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Oct 20, 2007 6:04 PM

Jun 2007
emo start isnt good at all, but meh, if i watched some of those already, why wouldnt i watch just one or a couple more?, besides, at first i thought this was one of those aoi(is that the one for gay's? ) animes since the two guys at the start, really looked like they liked each other (i mean it)
but meh, will give it a go after watching toa =D
Oct 20, 2007 11:39 PM

Aug 2007
I don't give a sh!t what otherr people say about the show, I really liked it. It's GONZO! Of coarse there's gonna be chicks with Large Breatstedededssss.

I didn't read anything about the show before i watched. I thought Earth was gonna blow up as they were flying away. Can't wait to see where it goes.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride." R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson
Aug 12, 2008 2:46 AM

Feb 2008
agreed, dislike those boobs that look like watermelons

Mar 29, 2009 9:11 AM

Aug 2008
Moon flights and they can't even detect few meteorites... way to go. Well, it doesn't look good but might try few more episodes as well.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» romance

Cambeezee - Aug 7, 2020

3 by Astraeus_ »»
Feb 13, 12:03 PM

» Toa

Damoizgod - Nov 6, 2007

27 by Astraeus_ »»
Feb 13, 11:57 AM

Poll: » If you were a dragonaut...

canis - Feb 4, 2008

8 by Darkdaxter »»
May 26, 2022 4:20 PM

Poll: » Dragonaut - The Resonance Episode 5 Discussion

lifeordeath2 - Nov 1, 2007

35 by ItsXolo »»
Feb 19, 2019 1:48 PM

Poll: » Dragonaut - The Resonance Episode 7 Discussion

cyruz - Nov 15, 2007

20 by kristoff »»
Aug 9, 2015 6:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.