Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Feb 28, 2013 11:08 PM

Jun 2012
Fantastic ending.
5/5.

Feb 28, 2013 11:35 PM

Oct 2011
lilbunny41 said:
has anyone thought that Akane might just go along with what the Sybil system will tell her but later on go against it? By that I mean since Akane may be that 2 in a million thing, the Sybil system may not know that she is one. SO,the system may be making a mistake by telling her the "truth". sorry if it was hard to understand. I can't explain well. And little Gino is so cute!! XD

I understand what you're saying, but I doubt it. Remember " I've realised that justice and maintaining order are both important"

Destroying Sybil and putting everyone life in chaos "just" for her own ideals doesn't really fit Akane (at least that's what I think)
Feb 28, 2013 11:36 PM

Dec 2012
lilbunny41 said:
has anyone thought that Akane might just go along with what the Sybil system will tell her but later on go against it? By that I mean since Akane may be that 2 in a million thing, the Sybil system may not know that she is one. SO,the system may be making a mistake by telling her the "truth". sorry if it was hard to understand. I can't explain well. And little Gino is so cute!! XD

Yeah, I'm wondering this as well (don't worry I got what you meant, lol)....perhaps the Sybil thinks she'll be too 'naive' (being a 'n00b' on the force and all) and will bend easily to manipulation? Of course, if she learns the truth--then perhaps it'll wake her up to what Kogami was saying about being on point about why the Chief seems so hellbent on keeping Makishima alive (really for the Sybil's own personal motives of wanting to use Makishima to 'improve' it rather than bringing him in to be punished for his crimes).

Perhaps she'll pretend to be goig along w/ it just so she can learn the full truth but then go against it to save Ko? I would LOVE nothing more than to see this 'plan' that the Sybil tries to come up w/ blow up in their face.
Feb 28, 2013 11:56 PM

Dec 2011
Ooh. That professor became a big help after all... now they are targeting agriculture eh? Makes sense. And, Akane is finally knowing the truth. The Dominator is controlled probably by one of the brains in the Sibyl System.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 1, 2013 12:28 AM

Aug 2012
Whoa...
Mar 1, 2013 1:35 AM

Sep 2012
Remember the coincidence we all exclaimed when both shows of NoitaminA, Psycho-Pass and Robotic;Notes, all made a major turn for big shit happening back in ep.16? I see another parallel again,, though not as dramatic, in this ep.19: Both shows have the society barely trying to recover from a wide scale paralysis and the villains in both shows are trying to use the limited time available before the full recovery to make the next step to further their gain and get closer to their ultimate goal. Interesting.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 1, 2013 2:53 AM

Apr 2012
Watching this is like watching House
The main character seems to know and anticipates everything.
Don't know how I should feel about this o_O

Mar 1, 2013 3:18 AM

Jan 2013
Interesting episode, only 3 more episodes left so I guess things are really gonna get heated now. And whoa, cliffhanger ending, now the wait for the next episode is gonna feel more like a month rather than a week!
Mar 1, 2013 3:26 AM

Jun 2011
Wow, Akane has changed a lot in the last episodes...
And all that hyper-oat thing seems interesting, I can't wait!
"Nobody knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite"- Rintarou Okabe
Mar 1, 2013 4:15 AM
Aug 2008
btw what trick will makishima do to destroy the hyper oats?

will the professors he consult make modified virus? modified insects?

or they will simply burn those hyper-oats?
Burning them will be able to disturp food supplies because oats cant be farmed in just a day. it need time to grow.

i hope whatever makishima do, its not something stupid like throwing dangerous thing (chemical, virus, insect, etc) that have wide effect. It will be nice if whatever he choose to do, it is targeted to hyper-oats only.
Mar 1, 2013 4:18 AM

Sep 2012
orangpelupa said:
btw what trick will makishima do to destroy the hyper oats?
will the professors he consult make modified virus? modified insects?
or they will simply burn those hyper-oats?
Not sure if the English sub translates those comments in the forum, but there virus was mentioned a couple of times, so my guess is that virus seems the most likely approach.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 1, 2013 4:55 AM

Apr 2011
Another great episode.One of the best of this anime,imo.

Only 3 episodes left T^T
Mar 1, 2013 5:45 AM

May 2010
man, it's Frank Lloyd Wright's building... around minute 3.50. that's so strange...
Mar 1, 2013 5:50 AM

Aug 2011
I kinda got the feeling of Togusa from Ghost in the Shell series when Shinya reloaded his revolver.

Dialogue filled episode, like it! We gets some neat information alongside some epic quoting from Shinya and his sensei. Loved the 2ch reference as well. Sadly those weren't typeset by Commie.

Loving this Father and Son moment with Gino and Masaoka. Dem outbursts. I hope Gino will understand the real threat soon, and that without his Psycho-Pass get clouded and end up like his old man.

Now to see some speculated insight of Makshimia, getting a liking to this guy, though he has killed innocent of people for his message to get spread, and I hope this Hyper-Oats incident will be his last, though it would open of many possibilities if that plan actually worked. Hopefully we'll know in the next episode.

Every time I see this Chief person, it pisses me off. I hope it will get a painful death.

Also, dat ending. Wow. I hope the Sibyl system won't play with her mind... 3 more episodes to go! Though a 2nd season wouldn't be a bad idea, but I hope they at least will conclude this whole thing with Makishimia Shugou.

Mar 1, 2013 6:35 AM
Oct 2012
This episode was slower than I expected. Still good though. These last couple of episodes better end strong. I really like this show and would hate to see a bad/disappointing ending.
Mar 1, 2013 8:07 AM

Jun 2011
So... I wonder if Sibyl will tell Akane the whole truth, or only part of it and manipulate her...
Mar 1, 2013 8:47 AM
Apr 2012
Max Weber, Jeremy Bentham... before I've been a little against the quote tossing, but this time it was good, imo.
Mar 1, 2013 9:11 AM
Jan 2013
oh boy if Akane gets brainwash then Kogami is gonna have more in his hands.
Mar 1, 2013 10:03 AM

Apr 2011
Oh my god this show is too good. Loving it.
Mar 1, 2013 11:14 AM

Apr 2011
Great the animation is back to normal and this was a better episode.
Mar 1, 2013 1:03 PM
Nov 2012
Oriolidae said:
So... I wonder if Sibyl will tell Akane the whole truth, or only part of it and manipulate her...

Right I forgot Sibyl is actually that system of brains and evil lady.
It could be the dominator talking.
R-right?
Mar 1, 2013 1:04 PM

Oct 2012
I can't wait for the final epic long-battle/brawl in a huge grain field in the next couple of episodes.
Star_BoyMar 1, 2013 1:07 PM
Mar 1, 2013 1:06 PM

Oct 2012
Mumble200 said:
Oriolidae said:

Right I forgot Sibyl is actually that system of brains and evil lady.
It could be the dominator talking.
R-right?

Maybe the dominator actually has a will of it's own.

Maybe after weeks of using it, the dominator finally respects/trusts/feels sorry for akane and wants to tell her the secret.
Mar 1, 2013 1:26 PM
Feb 2012
Looks like the animation is back on track; and so is the story.
Making the episode center around profiling Makishima made for an interesting change of pace and gave the story the certain something so many of us enjoy to watch.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 1, 2013 1:42 PM

Jul 2010
I like the way Kougami and the professor did their research. As for Akane: it seems like she will be somehow learning all about the system through that Dominator. Who sent it though?

Mar 1, 2013 2:28 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Akane is in trouble. I'm worried they might feed her disinformation in order to get Kougami.

Max Weber, modified crops, anarchism. Urobuchi really put a lot of his interests in this series. This is so not your standard "oni-chan no baka" with cats ears standard crap being pumped out generically nowadays
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 1, 2013 3:20 PM

Oct 2012
Marzan said:
Akane is in trouble. I'm worried they might feed her disinformation in order to get Kougami.

Max Weber, modified crops, anarchism. Urobuchi really put a lot of his interests in this series. This is so not your standard "oni-chan no baka" with cats ears standard crap being pumped out generically nowadays

All that's missing in this show is a fanservice "beach" episode.

Akane, Yayoi, and Shion in sexy bathing suits, Kogami, Kagari, Ginoza, Makashima and Old dude in swim trunks+shirtless,
Mar 1, 2013 3:37 PM

Sep 2012
That ending! Like others mentioned Akane might get manipulated by sybil, but hopefully that wont happen. I really hope the ending of the series isn't rushed. There's only 3 episodes left, and we haven't seen anymore of Yayoi's arc. Hoping for a 2nd season.
Mar 1, 2013 6:03 PM

Jan 2012
For the love of god Makishima, you had better not be touching my hyper-oats. There is a line man.
Mar 1, 2013 6:12 PM
Nov 2010
Ginko-Senpai said:
For the love of god Makishima, you had better not be touching my hyper-oats. There is a line man.
Silly Makishima. Hyper-oats are for Sibyl citizens.
Mar 1, 2013 6:22 PM

Oct 2012
He smiled? ...he actually smiled...?
HE FRIGGIN SMILED! ~♥

Damn only 3 more eps... hope it doesn't go into a cliffhanger
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Mar 1, 2013 6:35 PM

May 2012
Well shit. I really need to find time on my Thursdays to watch this...
Mar 1, 2013 7:02 PM

Feb 2012
That ending... Friday, come faster~
Mar 1, 2013 7:26 PM

Sep 2012
Marzan said:
This is so not your standard "oni-chan no baka" with cats ears standard crap being pumped out generically nowadays
I count perhaps 2 or 3 shows in one season that has xxx no baka or oni-chan in the dialogue, and I have not seen much cats ears so far. So how did you get the idea that such shows are "being pumped out" ??

Mar 1, 2013 8:30 PM

Nov 2012
this is like the first episode that Kogami actually smiled and he looks like a happy teenage boy omfg
Mar 1, 2013 11:03 PM

Nov 2012
and after this, Akane will escape as well. Nice.. talk about giving Ginoza another heartbreak XD

wonder why telling akane the truth? what's important about it?
Your so-called peaceful world makes me bored, so don't blame me if I destroy all of it.
- http://worldinverse.smackjeeves.com
Mar 1, 2013 11:09 PM

Apr 2011
WorldInverse said:

wonder why telling akane the truth? what's important about it?

Brainwashing!!!! who would tell her the real truth about Sybil?
Mar 2, 2013 1:09 AM

Jan 2011
This was a great buildup episode, I liked all the research they did and what not. It was fascinating to see how they did all that. I'm pretty sure that Sibyl will try to brainwash Akane, I seriously doubt that they'll tell her the truth. Next episode should be epic since this was buildup.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Mar 2, 2013 1:27 AM
Jan 2008
Kuro-Snivy said:
That ending! Like others mentioned Akane might get manipulated by sybil, but hopefully that wont happen. I really hope the ending of the series isn't rushed. There's only 3 episodes left, and we haven't seen anymore of Yayoi's arc. Hoping for a 2nd season.

Yayoi's arc isn't actually important because the entire thing was to see if she was capable of becoming an enforcer so there's 100% no reason to continue her arc
Mar 2, 2013 1:31 AM

Apr 2011
So, in the episode they talked about the consequences of destroying the hyper-oats and they talked about how people would flood in, making the Psycho-Pass analysis useless and all that but, I could have sworn that in earlier episodes that they suggested that the whole world was under the Sybil System's control and that the Sybil System ended war altogether or something like that, please correct me if I'm wrong because it didn't seem like anybody mentioned it before on this thread. Could just be my bad memory.

Also, am I the only person that hopes that Kougami is completely wrong about the targeting of the hyper-oats? That would be a real freaking twist and would also suggest that maybe Kougami and Makishima aren't as alike as we might think. Though targeting the food supply does seem like a logical choice.
Mar 2, 2013 2:17 AM
Jan 2013
I simply adore this photograph. Pure joy! Tee-hee.

Mar 2, 2013 2:21 AM

Sep 2012
Newmn84 said:
I could have sworn that in earlier episodes that they suggested that the whole world was under the Sybil System's control and that the Sybil System ended war altogether or something like that, please correct me if I'm wrong because it didn't seem like anybody mentioned it before on this thread. Could just be my bad memory.
Don't think there is something like that in the anime. In fact the Chief said that Sybil system runs Japan and made Japan the only place on Earth with rule of law. This means the other parts of the world does not have Sybil system.

Mar 2, 2013 3:14 AM

Oct 2012
I have to say that there's a difference between incorporating philosophy into the plot and dropping a bunch of quotes into the script as if the author went quote farming on Google and wants to brag about how clever he can make everyone sound, but like most anime that tried to be too smart for its own good, his fatal mistake is giving every single character the same philosophical vantage point, as if every character happened to have read all the same books, remember the same quotes and references -- of course in order to give counter-arguments to his narrative, he would have to actually be familiar with his sources, and I'm disappointed to say that Psycho-Pass has shown no such competency.

We can tell that Gen Urobuchi is gloating rather than contributing real value from a very fair assumption that probably 99% of his audience have no idea who Pascal, Foucault, or Max Weber is, so mentioning their names is already pretentious. He wants us to be impressed by his appeal to authority fallacy, a gimmick to add perceived depth where none exist.

I could almost subtract half a point or a point to the score by this alone.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Mar 2, 2013 3:20 AM

Oct 2012
Newmn84 said:
Also, am I the only person that hopes that Kougami is completely wrong about the targeting of the hyper-oats?
Based on the show's heavy focus on detective intuitionism, such as the profiler who likes to brag at every instance at his adeptness in reading physical tells and "logic", I highly doubt it will be revealed that our protagonists could make such a comparatively simple mistake. I mean if you could tell what kind of weapon someone is using by the way he walks, then you could obviously tell his grandmother's middle name from what he ate last Tuesday.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Mar 2, 2013 3:47 AM

Jul 2010
That dominator(Hidaka, Noriko) spoked.
It has personality?
Mar 2, 2013 4:41 AM

Oct 2011
katsucats said:
I have to say that there's a difference between incorporating philosophy into the plot and dropping a bunch of quotes into the script as if the author went quote farming on Google and wants to brag about how clever he can make everyone sound, but like most anime that tried to be too smart for its own good, his fatal mistake is giving every single character the same philosophical vantage point, as if every character happened to have read all the same books, remember the same quotes and references -- of course in order to give counter-arguments to his narrative, he would have to actually be familiar with his sources, and I'm disappointed to say that Psycho-Pass has shown no such competency.

We can tell that Gen Urobuchi is gloating rather than contributing real value from a very fair assumption that probably 99% of his audience have no idea who Pascal, Foucault, or Max Weber is, so mentioning their names is already pretentious. He wants us to be impressed by his appeal to authority fallacy, a gimmick to add perceived depth where none exist.

I've got to agree with this.
Mar 2, 2013 5:14 AM
May 2012
I got a bad feeling about this at the end (I mean what's gonna happen to Akane next?! She's being mind-controlled by Dominator Sybil too?!)...
JafriZinMar 2, 2013 7:02 AM
Mar 2, 2013 8:43 AM
Feb 2013
Oh Makishima's plan was to disrupt Japan's food supply.
Mar 2, 2013 9:43 AM

Feb 2013
I hope that the end will not be so bad than i imagine, what i imagine next ? : please Akane, i beg you, don't shoot on poor Kogami, pff, Sybil system, what a bad joke...
Mar 2, 2013 12:10 PM

Jul 2012
Alright episode!

Dominators have personalities?

katsucats said:

True
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

928 by EndSh0t »»
Apr 23, 6:11 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2013

329 by Saww_Duss »»
Apr 22, 3:30 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

273 by ANIk_003 »»
Mar 7, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

352 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 4, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

288 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 2, 9:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.