Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 7, 2008 10:40 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Whoa, started full force!
Hopefully this won't be a letdown like the first season(where the first ep was the best).
Jul 3, 2009 12:43 PM

Feb 2008
looks like he's over Kishimoto. The boy gets back fast. Oh well, I have an idea of who the survivors are going to be. The monk makes me laugh, I bet he's one of the first to die.
Mar 27, 2010 11:19 AM

Feb 2010
Well, it looks like a lot of shit was just laid out and gotten out of the way. Kei finally told off Kishimoto, and Katou moved out of that bitch's house. I forgot the rider's name, but it sucks to be him, eh?
It's not breaking in if the door is unlocked.

Apr 6, 2010 6:15 PM

Oct 2008
Well I'm glad Kuruno told Kishimoto off.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Aug 13, 2010 9:30 AM

Mar 2010
Alright! Hopefully it will stay this awesome throughout the series unlike the first season.
Aug 18, 2010 9:06 PM
Apr 2010
Huh? How in the hell is this a Second season?...Same story left off like 1min after the last episode..hell even the same OP/ED..lol@ the idiot studio that branded this a second season.

Anyway,Wow is i was kei i would of killed bit tits,she's so annoying.What happened to the biker?Seems like using the gun outside of the game kills you also?
And to bad for his wife,she's lactating.I wonder if she knows she's preg. again...lol
Sent with Mal Updater
Oct 16, 2010 12:06 AM

Aug 2007
why did the rider guy die?
Oct 28, 2010 3:33 PM

Jan 2008
xl3lueazndragonx said:

that's what i wanna know...
Dec 20, 2010 1:29 AM

Jul 2009
xl3lueazndragonx said:

I believe it's because he said "Gantz."

Remember in season 1 where that one kid said "you can't explain it, not like anyone would listen anyway."
Jun 18, 2011 7:54 PM

Sep 2009
Why is this a second season...
._.

Stupid Gonzo.
Oct 21, 2011 2:57 PM

Jul 2009
Maybe it's a second season so that they can more easily refer to Part A)/Season 1, where Kurono and the others are rookies and season 2/part B), where they're actually hardcore troopers?
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Apr 29, 2012 11:58 AM

Aug 2008
Well... I think this is a nice start. I liked it.

I'm glad Kurono told off the Big Tits girl. I mean, what's all that about? 'I think you're great' who the fuck cares about the fact you think Kurono is great? ok, he's great, so what? Kato up, Kato down. Give me a break. Big Tits pisses me off almost all the time.

Kato was cool in this episode. He's a good guy, still, but I liked the way he kicked off the old lady, his aunt. That was a ncie score. Also, he is sweet, I guess, not that I like him that much, but he does not annoy

Kurono is... Kurono who has hard ons in school, in class-hehehe... I liked the way he yelled at Big Tits: he's right, she's just using him. She should just go to Kato now that he has his place and fuck off, really -not use Kurono anymore, cuz she has no goddamn right.

And what was all that about... about that guy with the kid and the wife, with the gun, screaming GANTZ and dying in the next second? Not that I didn't like the scene, but it was a little bit...out of nowhere?

Looking forward to the next episode ! :)
鳥はとぶ時
つばさでとぶが
あなたはとぶ時
何でとぶのですか?
Terayama Shuji
Jun 3, 2012 9:32 AM
Mar 2012
What a let down. The title was very inviting though.

Only the first episode (and echi scenes) what kept me from finishing this anime with a great disappointment.

Poor directing but script is good.

Just lame, what's with all the crying and kid stuff characters. And like, "what will I do" , "I can't shoot". I mean it's like they made it without even a bit of common sense for the characters. Humans supposed to have some instant instincts, but I guess not in the anime world.

I might say a so-so for this anime.
twistedfanJun 3, 2012 9:39 AM
Jul 16, 2012 4:38 AM

Jun 2012
the guy died because he spoke about Gantz in public....
Oct 24, 2012 1:55 PM

May 2012
Quite epic start hopefully will stay this epic and not fail to much like the first half! Lets see what this second part has to offer us!
Feb 11, 2013 2:29 AM

Jan 2012
"You move into my place and you don't even let me touch you" lol.

Jun 1, 2014 9:47 PM

Sep 2011
Dayuuum what an episode! Sucks that dude had to die, but I guess it was bound to happen eventually. =s
Jun 17, 2014 5:56 PM

Jun 2009
Biker dude! Why did you have to say "Gantz"! I was rooting for you...

And Big Tits needed to be told off. She's annoying. Cute, but annoying.
Jul 21, 2014 7:06 PM

Jun 2014
WTF? The biker guy died just because he said "Gantz?!"
He was supposed to be a lot calmer than the other bikers, but then he points that blaster at his wife wth...
Couldnt my favorite character at least get a heroic death in the next round of the game?
Jul 31, 2014 4:30 PM

Aug 2012
Man, I feel sorry for the biker. It was different in the manga.
Aug 26, 2014 4:41 PM

Jun 2013
Terrific episode!
Jan 31, 2016 11:10 PM

Sep 2012
It looks like you can't mention the word Gantz at all otherwise you're dead.
Feb 2, 2016 6:40 AM

Aug 2013
We don't even get a new opening or ending? I'm sad.

I guess you can't say Gantz. RIP Biker Guy.
Oct 14, 2017 5:50 AM

Jun 2013
Everyone's shitting on Kishimoto Kei but Kurono's the asshole for molesting her in his home, he has no right to fuck, touch, etc. her just because she's living with him. That fucking pervert. "You won't even let me touch you?" Why are you two going out? Are you a couple? You're not even friends with benefits or fuck buddies, you sad ass virgin cunt, and yes I'm talking about Kurono.If he didn't want her there because he's annoyed that she doesn't like him and loves Katou then he shouldn't have agreed to let her stay, let her stay out in the park or elsewhere. Don't tell me she would be danger or get raped, as if she's any safer living with Kurono. Bull-fucking-shit. I've already read the manga and know that Kurono develops as a character but revisiting his asshole self in the early stage of the plot pisses me off.

He's like one of those guys who think "if I'm nice to this girl then she'll blow me or let me fuck her." Since he's nice to her, Kishimoto owes him sex? Wow, what a fucking asshole.

I hate white knight characters too who seem perfect but Katou is a million times better than Kurono. Katou isn't perfect either but he doesn't take advantage of people.

Poor Ayumu and Katou, they're the real cinnamon rolls in this story. They deserve so much more. Katou lied and said a friend is giving him futons but he found some old futons that were thrown out in the trash. Still, if it's good then why not?

RIP to Tecchan, the bosozoku biker leader. If only he was a good guy in the manga too.
臭い-
Dec 28, 2017 8:01 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Damn what happened to Tetsu? T_T
張大です for 張大勇督察
Nov 15, 2019 11:12 AM

Sep 2019
This is better then season 1. And it's getting good.
Jul 4, 2020 9:33 AM
Jul 2018
A good start. Felt sorry for the biker guy, he seemed like he had his shit together in the previous mission, didn't expect him to die so soon. You would think Kato would have warned him not to speak about Gantz... guess not.
Mar 5, 2022 7:51 AM

Feb 2014
Ok, I know this season deviates from the manga quite a bit, but this could still be enjoyable depending on how they decide to handle it.
I was afraid for the woman and her baby, but at the end it was her husband dying, feel bad for him now.
Also, Kishimoto naked was nice, that butt wiggle.
PunkeroMar 5, 2022 7:59 AM
Sep 3, 2022 11:53 PM
Dec 2017
I'm kinda concerned because a lot of ya'll are basically suggesting that living with Kurono means that Kishimoto should just let him do whatever he wants with her. What does she need to be "told off" for? She can't exactly go home because her original is still alive and she found Kurono's address by chance. Given what they've been through, she asked if she could live with him. I mean, who else is she gonna ask? She had nowhere to stay and decided it would be best to ask him. It's not her fault that when HE agreed he was expecting to fuck. It's not her fault that she likes Kato and not Kurono. She is in NO way obligated to let him fuck her or even touch her.

Kishimoto isn't using him; she's depending on him. She's been shown on more than occasion trying to get him to buy less expensive food for her and/or to let her cook or something of that nature. The only thing she DOESN'T want is to be groped, sexually assaulted, or feel like she has to have sex with him. Is she somehow asking for too much to some of you? Because, to me, that just seems like the bare minimum a woman can ask for.

Honestly, a person like Kurono would be almost insufferable irl but I'm rooting for him because he has potential.

As for the biker, I'm kinda sad that he died because he had potential too as a character. He was the most logical and moral of the biker gang. Sucks to see him go.

Sep 5, 2023 5:49 AM

Nov 2010
Kei only needs to be direct to get closer to Kishimoto. They are always together under one roof, for Christ's sake! I'd be having sex with Kishimoto at that point if I were Kei. It's so frustrating that he couldn't say he liked her and that she didn't need to leave.

If I were Kei, I'd screw his chick classmate. I'll give her the boner that she always noticed!
Why did Gantz kill that biker dude?
Feb 8, 9:42 PM

Jan 2020
I think that chick sitting next to Kurono had a crush on him, I mean students move their legs all the time during class but somehow she knew that it was a boner....the class should question that chick why did she seems awfully sensitive to this thing....

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gantz - Second Stage Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

naikou - Aug 1, 2008

140 by Randomega »»
Feb 11, 12:31 AM

Poll: » Gantz - Second Stage Episode 12 Discussion

Fentastic - Dec 8, 2008

29 by Randomega »»
Feb 11, 12:01 AM

Poll: » Gantz - Second Stage Episode 11 Discussion

Fentastic - Dec 8, 2008

29 by Randomega »»
Feb 10, 10:06 PM

Poll: » Gantz - Second Stage Episode 10 Discussion

Fentastic - Dec 8, 2008

26 by Randomega »»
Feb 10, 5:26 PM

Poll: » Gantz - Second Stage Episode 9 Discussion

Fentastic - Dec 8, 2008

41 by Randomega »»
Feb 10, 10:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.