Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Jan 11, 2020 11:48 AM

Jul 2012
The way they split up the ED at the end was really well done!
Jan 25, 2020 9:00 AM
Aug 2016
I scrolled and saw some good comments that understand the actions of each and everyone in this episode whereas there were also some stupid edgy comments, like do these people even understand Psycho Pass? geez...

Since last episode, everyone that witnessed the true Sibyl System were dead except Makishima who is in and out, a murderer. While Sibyl System is flaw, all the Inspector and Enforcer still believe in that system because no one yet tells them on the face that the one controlling was the murderer they arrest 3 years ago. Thus, no one will question should Sibyl System be abolish.

Ginoza has to be responsible for letting Kogami out, before that, he already ask his dad what is the correct thing he can do. And the answer is become a ball, so Ginoza has to choose, he is still struggling to become the dog or ball, at the same time questions and believes the system. Ginoza knows all the odd occurences but he cannot link them up, neither he can solve them. thus he aid Kogami to go out and investigate, however it fails and the old hag pressure him to make responsible.

People who ask how come the Chief is still alive, go and watch Ep17 again.

Akane did the right thing by shooting using paralyze mode, I mean her dominator judge it. And she cant be questioning the Chief, as it can be explained that Chief has admin rights and therefore she does not step out unnecessary.

Those who hates Akane because she did not shoot the Chief, my answer to you is, this anime does not suit you, watch something else instead.

Lastly, I hope happy ending to Kogami and Akane but chances are slim..
Mar 11, 2020 4:18 PM

Aug 2007
The letter and ED incorporated with it was done very well.
The rest of the episode was pretty anticlimactic.

Jun 17, 2020 10:06 AM

Jan 2014
My heart breaks yet again <\3 I hate seeing Kogami leave Akane behind T.T and if they meet again she will be forced to kill him T.T it’s so tragic all around

damn I forgot how good psycho pass is!!
Jul 15, 2020 6:39 PM
Oct 2019
Well, another quality episode.

Chief is going fucking nuts. CID is realizing she's not being truthful and are coming around on the idea that there's definitely something she's hiding, and that she has an ulterior motive.

How did Kogami escape with the helmet? There were no people around him when he left, so he couldn't copy their crime coefficient.
Dec 1, 2020 3:09 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Stuff I like and stuff I don’t like...

Our man shinya basically becoming a fugitive to go hunting out from under the law is an awesome progression, not to mention him putting together a good old fashioned revolver. John wick 3 vibes baby. Also akane is basically the only real ray of hope in this show that points to the good in humanity

Okay so is getting caught in the underground parking garage and then getting tazed and hospitalized part of their plan to get him out, or was it all just an inconvenience? Because he basically just walked out of their with the helmet, so he could’ve just do that in the first place. Also if they want him off the case so bad, “the big brass” should do a better job of monitoring him. He kind of just walks around and speaks as he pleases, so they not have hidden cameras and microphones to monitor these so called latent criminals??

And does the chief or whoever he/she is already know that the entire division suspects him/her? She basically just revealed her hand when overriding the dominator. And her just showing up felt kind of tacked on and kind of dumb. Why would someone of her rank just show up like that with oh so convenient timing. Is she TRYING to be sus?

Letter shinya wrote and left behind for akane was touching though. Can’t wait to see what happens when he meets up with shougo again

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 1, 2021 11:01 AM
Apr 2016
Made no sense how Kougami was able to surmise borderline-everything just from what happened, there are no basis for his hypothesis. He knows they want Makishima alive, Kagari is missing, and that he's subtracted from the investigation — how is that enough to conclude what he did?

"He must have negotiated with someone who can even control the Sibyl System at will..." conclusion just from Makishima saying "the true form of the Sibyl System."
"Makishima was able to outwit this person, but instead of getting angry, they became even more obsessed with him..." as if he knows exactly what went on with Joshu Kasei. From our POV. it doesn't seem all that hard to infer, but that's because we know exactly when went on. Realistically he couldn't conclude those things at such accuracy, but he ostensibly did.
Feb 19, 2021 11:03 PM
Jan 2021
The plot gets more and more interesting. Like the powerful in real life, the Sybil system has been shown to depend on the very evil it says it's against.

Akane showed incredible judgement in shooting Kogami to save him.
What I don't get is why everyone didn't see how evil the chief was at that point.
Jan 4, 2022 7:04 AM

Dec 2007
felt to me like big trial and error episode, nothing changed much in the story though the "climax" was here already, and instead the story get dragged.
i knew there's no way the series could get the episodes quality 'till the end.

still intrigued enough to know how this series gonna end.
Mar 22, 2022 1:18 AM

Apr 2021
As someone educated in law, I agree that the law cannot absolutely protect people.
“Why does an apple fall when it is ripe? Is it brought down by the force of gravity? Is it because its stalk withers? Because it is dried by the sun, because it grows too heavy, or because the boy standing under the tree wants to eat it? None of these is the cause.... Every action of theirs, that seems to them an act of their own free will is in the historical sense not free at all but is bound up with the whole course of history and preordained from all eternity.”

― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Apr 15, 2022 6:35 PM
Mar 2018
This episode is an art.
Nov 18, 2022 3:58 AM

Apr 2022
just thought its funny people still write letters in the future even tho society's so advanced
Jan 28, 2023 9:32 PM

Aug 2014
Dont quote me on it, but I think episodes 17 and 18 were both written by other people other than the original authors, which is why these two episodes felt more slow and different, in comparison to the other episodes. 
May 29, 2023 4:15 AM

Apr 2013
Oh, so when it comes to Kou, the 200 brains can just modify the dominator, but in case of Makishima they can't? C'mon...
Jun 19, 2023 11:15 PM

Dec 2022
I was hoping Ginoza would suddenly turn the dominator on the chief there just before it fired. Would've been hilarious.

Shaded Horizon

Jun 26, 2023 9:39 PM
May 2017
sad moment :(((((
Jun 29, 2023 1:44 AM
Nov 2016
Of course, the old bitch is still alive, goddamn it, she will simply respawn like a cockroach every time you kill her.

Anyway, I won't complain about the animation since I'm watching the BD version which fixed it but somehow, I'm starting to lose interest in this anime, it just feels kinda generic at this point, I'm not attached to the characters either, I didn't even care when the old bitch shoot the other guy a few episodes ago, I was just like, meh, what's next.

I hope the remaining episodes pick up the pace since I'm starting to get bored, while the anime isn't bad, I'm not impressed by it either, the rating went down to 7/10.
Jul 17, 2023 1:39 AM

Aug 2019
Consideration? Bish, you literally shot him yourself, and now you’re using that against Ginoza. Double face BISH, I wish Makishima had killed her, but I guess that’s impossible for now. 

Kogami left, he’s really prepared to kill Makishima this time. 
Aug 1, 2023 2:51 PM
Aug 2022
Bad episode. Not to mention the edgy letter. I hate mc i hate him.
Aug 28, 2023 7:20 PM

Jul 2012
Holy sh*t
Another bot has replaced the dead one on the heli..
This grandma has to die many times..

Finally a justice with conventional law, or duel!!
A justice with modern law is just a bs..

Oct 18, 2023 11:47 AM

May 2018
this is the best ep
Feb 20, 10:15 PM
Aug 2023
You don't disassemble a revolver that bloody much to maintain it, nor to check it's working condition. Sure it looks cool, but it makes no sense as usual. Just like how the chief/Sibyl was watching Kougami so closely through the robots to stop him, but all of a sudden stops watching him when he's paralyzed so he can just escape. For somebody they wanted dead so badly to show in front of everybody they can switch a Dominator to lethal mode, they sure forgot about Kougami really fast, conveniently for the plot. The lab tech woman also told Kougami not to take the helmet outside, so he just goes and walks outside with it on. I get he has to so he can get around the robots, but it would have been hilarious if some rando attacked him because they remember what the helmets did to the city just a few days ago. But apparently the mass riot doesn't matter anymore, just like how the details don't matter to this anime's production. So should I even ask how Shougo escaped a plane crash that bad? Let me guess, he did a loonie toons and jumped off the plane just before it hit the ground like momentum doesn't exist? Momentum is just one of those pesky little details that can be ignored for the sake of drama, in a sci-fi that's supposed to give a shit about stuff like that, and the details.
Feb 29, 3:51 AM
Aug 2021
okay if these guys haven't realised that the chief can manipulate the system from this episode then they r all retarded. She straight up forced the gun to change in front of them. Ik they all recognise something fishy is going on but cmon she is not even trying to hide it anymore. Ko left and it makes sense tbh he wouldn't survive much longer staying in the organisation.
Mar 7, 7:25 AM

Sep 2022
Kougami is the only one character who makes me look forward to the next episodes, Makishima too. The Best EP.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

928 by EndSh0t »»
Apr 23, 6:11 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2013

329 by Saww_Duss »»
Apr 22, 3:30 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

352 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 4, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

288 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 2, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2013

373 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Feb 29, 3:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.