Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 11, 2013 3:31 PM

Dec 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE OTOME GAME BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

The main characters are eye candies for sure(not just eye candies, but super high quality eye candies XD) but you can't expect much for an OVA(even it is longer, 50 mins long) It is just like all the other OVAs that based on otome game, they are all for the purpose of promoting the original game(or game related goodies).

In this OVA, we get to know the female lead( who came to work in order to support her poor family), the main guys( they all have very different personalities, and most of them look down on her because she is a maid), the mothers of the main guys(they fight with each others all the time), and the main event: the head of the household wants to retire and he will pick one of the sons to be the next head, and the criteria is... whoever can bring him more fun...

Have Questions about Another(eg the cause of the Calamity ?the clues about the Another? etc)?
Join the Another Q&A Club now and find your answers there!

Feb 15, 2013 4:55 PM

Dec 2007
The brothers are such a**holes! Well at least Tadashi and Isami redeemed themselves toward the end :p
Feb 24, 2013 10:15 PM

Jan 2008
I can't seem to find the first episode, could anyone help me there?
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
Feb 26, 2013 3:35 PM
Feb 26, 2013 4:30 PM

Jan 2008
Ah thanks.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
Feb 26, 2013 10:12 PM
Oct 2011
I thought it was great! I hated the attitudes of most of the brothers, but I couldn't help but laugh at some of their blatant assholery lol. I like the animation and music, but I'm finding myself dreading the second part of the OVA. I think it'll just turn out like a typical reverse harem where they'll all become infatuated with her and then there'll be no conclusive ending. Especially since this is based off of a girl's dating sim game...
I like closure... lol. I really hope she just picks one in the end. Either way, I can't wait for the second episode ^_^
Feb 26, 2013 11:28 PM

Dec 2009
So that was a bit better than expected, even though I prefer TV shows of otome games.
I agree that most of them are assholes xD they just are, but I guess it is to be expected from guys who grew up in high class surroundings, still each one has his own personality, so while the megane guy (megane are turn off for me so I don't even remember most names orz), Isami and Masashi are pretty much acting all high and mighty, but I guess they all have their reasons, which is the most clear with Masashi, while Shigeru, Hiroshi and the other guy (sorry he is so plain but still nice) are nice to her, though all in their own way.

I probably like Isami, Shigeru and Hiroshi the most. Isami may be an asshole and kinda tsundere (though more tsun than dere), but he is hot and I somehow still like him, I'm a sucker for guys like that. As for Shigeru, he's just my average beautiful womanizer with long hair and lazy personality <3 I like Hiroshi's childish personality too, he is very cute and his acting is pretty understandable.

megane-idiot, Masashi and the plain guy are just either not my type, the whole package doesn't fit or the seiyuu is a turn off. :P

It is also kinda lol that she is totally not used to a man who is nice to her, that made me roll on the floor, this poor girl D/

However, I liked it, looking forward to the next episode *goes look for a review of that game to see how her bishies will develope later on \o/*
Feb 27, 2013 12:14 AM

Feb 2012
pleasing anime to watch. pretty long though, but at least it's not dragging.

random thought: what if the head of the household accidentally had some daughters instead of all boys? lol. epic fail for his plan!!!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Feb 27, 2013 12:48 AM

Feb 2013
not bad cant wait to see the next ep
Feb 27, 2013 1:24 AM

Jul 2011
Very interesting. I loved it. Some of the brothers are such jerks. except for two of them. And I wonder who is the new hunk. :)

Anyways :) I'm glad I caught a glimpse of this anime. And it was on my plan to watch list.
Feb 27, 2013 9:00 AM

Oct 2011
Yeah they are jerks but maybe that will all change next episode : ). Ohh the new character at the end. Hmm jealousy is brewing XD.
AnimeFan500Feb 27, 2013 9:11 AM
Feb 27, 2013 10:35 AM

Dec 2010
they did a great job in making me hate almost all the characters lol but it seems like something good can come of it in the 2nd ova
- Marissa Chan!
Feb 27, 2013 7:59 PM

Feb 2011
This is pretty decent compared to most reverse harems.
Feb 27, 2013 9:13 PM

May 2011
Everyone was so disagreeable even from the start, guys, girls, whoever. xD Plus I was zoning out in bits where the maid was talking to herself. Despite that I did feel sorry for her because everyone else is just so crappy.

Yet you know, the appeal of pretty boys, I'll always check it out! It was something of a pleasure to see one of them all sick and weak. How I wish she would just drop him.
Mar 1, 2013 8:40 AM
Mar 2010
OH.MY.GOSH.
For an OVA, at least for me, this was freaking AMAZING! Ok, so the heroine is not all that new, she's your usual heroine, but she's got some spunk, the way she speaks back to the boys is amazing and omg the animation, music, interactions, they were great! Keep in mind that this is an OVA.
I for one think they did a great job and am wondering why this has to be an OVA and not a full TV series when it's oodless better than Amnesia, HnK and Arcana.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Mar 1, 2013 10:18 PM

Jul 2012
This is pretty darn good, considering that this is adapted from an otome game^^ Plus, it dealt with some real life issues such as poverty, money, jobs, unfair treatment, and whatnot. I'm quite fretful on how they are going to end this, considering that the next episode is the last >.<
Mar 7, 2013 6:01 PM

May 2012
I guess I'm a minority, but I really didn't enjoy this that much...
Mar 11, 2013 11:07 AM

Feb 2009
The heroine is sooooooo stupid, even for a generic reverse harem heroine. :/ I hate her even more than I hate the men. I don't even know why I watched this garbage for 50 minutes, lol.
Apr 1, 2013 8:10 PM
Aug 2012
Its pretty rare for myself to stumble on this kind of genre, but it was worth a watch especially how haru fought those bratty rich kids

4.5/ 5
May 7, 2013 8:42 PM
Feb 2012
I absolutely hated the guys and the girl was freaking irritating, but the show was still enjoyable.
However I've searched everywhere for the subbed version of the next episode but I can only find raws? Anybody have a place where I can see a subbed version of episode 2?
May 11, 2013 7:14 AM

Jun 2008
Im starting to wonder if this otome adaptation was really made to please girls, because there wasnt a decent guy in this one and the girl was a...maid.
Anyway, great designs.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jul 24, 2013 8:58 AM

Mar 2010
I always hated that youngest brother.
SiestaJul 24, 2013 12:01 PM
Jul 25, 2013 4:38 AM

Sep 2009
Kyaaaa!!! ^^ I love the ending.. I can feel that they're all jealous of Kudo. Bwahahaha!!! XD
I love the part Haru grabbed Tadashi's kimono and cried :D
I also love the part when Hiroshi said, "Harukichi is mine!"
SO CUTE :D
Sep 20, 2013 3:07 PM

Jul 2012
My thoughts on the brothers:
Megane oldest brother - Hot voice, but he's too elite and old
Colonel brother - Hot in general, but annoying personality
Long hair brother - Ehhh, not into long haired guys but I like his personality
Short haired brother - Hot, but he's so average
Cute brother - Cute and nice, but such a weirdo
Youngest brother - Annoying as hell, but interesting and good looking

I like Kudo the most though. He's nice and attractive. Also, the main girl's voice is so annoying. I don't like girls who are that bubbly and talk to themselves. Animation is pretty nice actually. ED is nice. Annabel! <3 Might watch next ep tonight if I feel like it.
Jan 19, 2014 2:56 AM
Jul 2018
I'm a big fan of the game and this one wasn't as bad as I thought. Though, the anime made the brothers more asshole than they were in the game and cut out many scenes that showed a gentler side to them. Haru was also sarcastic and funny in the game, here she was so timid and angsty.

Things that were cut from the anime:

- The introduction that shows Haru's father collapsing and she working at the factory in his stead.

-Chitomi and Kisuke (the informant guy) arriving at Haru's hometown and ending up hiring her.

-Haru's introduction to the Miyanomori brothers while they are off to work/school. Tae tricks Haru into thinking that the first one who comes out is Genichirou, and so Haru calls Tadashi "danna-sama" and ends up catching the brothers' eye.

- A funny scene with Haru and Isami in the garden. Isami on the verge of drawing his sword at Haru after she got on his last nerve after a series of misunderstandings: "Talking to you feels like we're in a war meeting! Get out of my face or I'll make you taste steal!" XD

-During the lunchbox incident, Shigeru offers Haru to drive her to school since it's so far from their house and defends her in another occasion while she was bullied by Masashi.

-After the sakura viewing, Isami finds out that it was Tadashi's doing and gets back at him during his birthday party.

-The outdoor tea ceremony function hosted by the Miyanomori and Isami's mother, Toki. Haru is assigned as Toki's maid during her stay. Toki is actually a nice woman, takes a liking to Haru and once chastises Isami for picking on her.

-The cream puff incident occurs while Isami is out with his mother shopping at Ginza. Toki goes by herself and left Isami and Haru waiting in the middle of the street. A couple pass by them and say "Look at that kimono-wearing couple, they are so cute!" Well it was Taishou and apparently very few people were wearing Kimono back then, so Isami, who hates everything Western, gives in and treats Haru to cream puff. It's also interesting to note that before this outing, Isami was the one who had ordered Haru to change out of her maid outfit, act more like a yamato nadeshiko and wear a kimono.

-The incident with Isami where Haru breaks the bowl is interpreted by Chitomi as a sign of Isami getting along with Haru, otherwise he would've killed her for breaking such an expensive bowl.

-Instead of the handkerchief, Susumu finds Haru in the garden at night and offers her his coat. She asks why he is kind to her even though she's a maid, and he replies that his mother had taught him to be kind to everyone, regardless who they are.

- Hiroshi makes a vacuum cleaner for Haru and Masashi breaks it. Hiroshi finds out, gets into a fight with Masashi and threatens him to keep his hand off his positions, Haru included XD

-In the game, Tadashi's best friend Norio is introduced and plays a big role during Tadashi's route.

- The dance party where Tadashi's mother prepares prospective brides for the brothers in order to entertain Gen and earn points for her son. The brothers end up chasing the brides away and Isami and Masashi's scenes where they reject them were the funniest.

- The orchestra sponsored by Genichirou where Hiroshi plays the violin. The catfight at the begining of this episode was actually from this event.

- Kudo is actually an anime-only character.

Overall, the game was half drama, half romantic comedy. The anime (at least this episode) was more angsty and left out many of the funny scenes and dialogue that made the game so charming and entertaining.
removed-userJan 23, 2014 1:55 PM
May 24, 2014 9:31 AM

Jun 2011
Started out fine, classy, but later on became sorta forced bullying of maid, the MC. I like the oldest brother the most, Tadashi was it? I liked what he told her when she cried in his arms. The main character would have been fired if she is not the main character. -.-
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanayaka Nari, Waga Ichizoku: Kinetograph Episode 2 Discussion

Simpli - Jul 24, 2013

16 by LeonhartAugust »»
Apr 18, 2021 4:44 PM

» PV

xxxholic_wing - Aug 10, 2012

5 by xriceball26 »»
Feb 2, 2013 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.