Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 24, 2013 10:32 AM
Mar 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The second episode was finally subbed! I think the first episode was more entertaining than this one.I really did like the brothers bonding at the onsen though. And even though Masashi was supposed to be tsundere, I never liked him because he was definitely too mean calling Haru those names. Although Haru is really ditzy and typical, he went too far.

Well anyway, besides what I think, what did you guys think of the episode?
Jul 24, 2013 12:02 PM

Mar 2010
The favorite scene would be their stay in the hot springs. There's so many girls they say? I can't see any. Haha
Jul 24, 2013 1:38 PM

Oct 2011
I also love the hot springs part XD. It was cute that they all decided to go visit her.

Man that ball scene of them dancing. Also she looked beautiful in that dress.

But they never resolved the shooting incident?? At first I thought the head of the Miyomori family got shot but it was someone else.
Jul 24, 2013 6:49 PM

Jan 2013
There must be a episode 3 or something. There were so many things left unresolved.
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
Jul 25, 2013 1:12 AM
Mar 2010
This should've gotten a full anime and AMNESIA should have been the one to get two OVA's. Honestly, this is so much better not to mention the heroine has personality and shows different facial expressions.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jul 25, 2013 3:29 AM
Dec 2012
Soooo... that was the end????
Jul 25, 2013 6:07 AM

Sep 2009
aiii... so that's the end? so sad, i want more :'(
i enjoyed watching it.
Jul 26, 2013 8:48 PM

Dec 2009
Grrrrr! "Trash," huh? The characters referred to it so often that whenever I think of this anime, the only word that comes to mind IS that word. "Trash."
Jul 29, 2013 10:04 AM

Oct 2007
It wasn't bad for an OVA but would have liked them go with one of the guys route like in the game but hopefully its open to get a series maybe.

Must say Haru was more annonying than expected >_>
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2013 6:33 PM

Jul 2012
Wish it would have finished with the whole Premier murder plot. It was actually quite interesting. Nevertheless, decent OVA overall. Interesting cast, good character design and art. 6/10, close to 7.

phoenixalia said:
This should've gotten a full anime and AMNESIA should have been the one to get two OVA's. Honestly, this is so much better not to mention the heroine has personality and shows different facial expressions.

^
Dec 12, 2013 7:17 PM

Dec 2007
phoenixalia said:

The heroine in amnesia does have a personality, especially when gets back her memories in LATER
Dec 15, 2013 12:57 AM

Feb 2012
So like... is there a sequel to this? It just seems hanging. I'd be interested in seeing a continuation of this OVA.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Dec 15, 2013 6:55 PM

Jul 2012
jbeat said:
So like... is there a sequel to this? It just seems hanging. I'd be interested in seeing a continuation of this OVA.

So far, there's no continuation. I recommend actually playing the games or reading game summaries online. They're fairly easy to find!
Jan 3, 2014 11:25 AM

May 2011
Everyone seems to think Susumu was really boring, but I was rooting for him the whole time! He was so sweet, and normal. That's a good thing.
Jan 20, 2014 12:31 AM
Jul 2018
phoenixalia said:

Totally agree. I actually enjoyed Hanayaka's game story more than I did some shoujo and josei that I read in recent years. I can see this one being as highly regarded as Clannad had it been adapted well (with 24 episodes instead of meager 2) and followed a route. Tadashi, Isami and Masashi's routes are the ones that are widely regarded as the best story-wise, but I can see Isami's route begin the best received among viewers.

Things that were cut from this episode:

-The Tanabata. Depending on which guy you're aiming for, Haru writes his name on the bamboo and has a dream of being married or engaged to that guy.

-The fireworks event. Haru gets lost, and depending on which guy she has the highest affinity with, he finds her, opens up to her a little and views the fireworks with her.

-The brothers interacting at the inn at night was anime-only (shirtless Miyanomori brothers <3). Tadashi and Masashi also grant Haru permission to ask questions (depending on the topic). Much like the fireworks and the Tanabata, depending on the affinity, one of the guys visits her in her home and talks to her parents about the engagement. The one with Hiroshi is totally cute: they drink ramune and share an indirect kiss :3

- Norio and Kurenai had a more complex story in the game and go through so many hardships before they get engaged to each other. In the Haru dressed as geisha event, Genichiro books the entire restaurant for him and his sons, and since one of the geisha is sick, Shigeru drags Haru to serve as replacement. Norio meets Kurenai for the first time and falls in love with her. Shigeru's mother, Shizuko, also turns out to be a nice woman, unlike what the anime portrayed her.

-The dance party at the end also differs depending on the route. Only in Susumu's route he gets to dance with Haru in her maid outfit; she only gets to wear a dress in Tadashi, Isami and Masashi's routes.

Well from here on each route begins, and you can find a summary of all the routes that also stress on the comedy in the game that the anime left out here:

http://sandeian.wordpress.com/2010/08/27/otome-game-review-hanayaka-nari-waga-ichizoku/

you can also read an after the game epilogue for each route:

http://koiiro.wordpress.com/2011/03/27/hanaichi-after-stories/
May 24, 2014 9:57 AM

Jun 2011
NO TADASHI ENDING </3
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 18, 2021 4:44 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
No Shigeru ending? Lame. I don't like 3 of the 5 other guys anyways.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanayaka Nari, Waga Ichizoku: Kinetograph Episode 1 Discussion

-Riri- - Feb 11, 2013

25 by ToG25thBaam »»
May 24, 2014 9:31 AM

» PV

xxxholic_wing - Aug 10, 2012

5 by xriceball26 »»
Feb 2, 2013 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.