Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 8, 2013 10:14 PM

Dec 2011
I like fashion very much and I usually wear anything that feels comfortable.
Feb 8, 2013 10:18 PM

Oct 2012
Negative-Travis said:
I buy jeans for their intended purpose: to be tough-ass legwear that can stand up to actual work.

So far, Mr. Strauss hasn't let me down.

Raw denim is the strongest and sturdiest jeans ever.

Take a look at these n&f 30 oz elephant denim. Heavy as fck, and almost feels like wearing sandpaper on your legs.

In fact, levi's makes raw denim too.

Heres a picture of someone who wore his levis

15 years old jeans.

Star_BoyFeb 8, 2013 10:23 PM
Feb 8, 2013 10:26 PM
May 2012
I love looking good, and I like having style. When I'm lookin great, I'm feelin great. Right now I'm rocking Topman threads.

BloodRequiem said:

Fashion is something that is constantly changing depending on current trends. However, style is something put together that works for you for probably your whole life. You can be stylish but not fashionable and vice versa.

I share this mindset, style and fashion are not so closely related. The style of an outfit is way more important than it's relation to "fashion".

Negative-Travis said:
I buy jeans for their intended purpose: to be tough-ass legwear that can stand up to actual work.

Dude, levi's, flannel and grinders? I hope you're keeping it S.H.A.R.P. man. And in my experience, Levi's are some pussy shit when it comes to hard work, but there product control is lame, so I probably just had some weak pairs.
Feb 8, 2013 10:30 PM

Oct 2012
JeremyA said:
I love looking good, and I like having style. When I'm lookin great, I'm feelin great. Right now I'm rocking Topman threads.

BloodRequiem said:

Fashion is something that is constantly changing depending on current trends. However, style is something put together that works for you for probably your whole life. You can be stylish but not fashionable and vice versa.

I share this mindset, style and fashion are not so closely related. The style of an outfit is way more important than it's relation to "fashion".

Negative-Travis said:

Dude, levi's, flannel and grinders? I hope you're keeping it S.H.A.R.P. man. And in my experience, Levi's are some pussy shit when it comes to hard work, but there product control is lame, so I probably just had some weak pairs.

Mainstream fashion is basically trends that come and go.

Style is what you personally find looks good in your own sense.
Feb 8, 2013 10:38 PM

Mar 2012
JeremyA said:

I've yet to attack a minority, so I'd say so.

My Levis will go about a year straight (and I mean wearing the same pair that whole year) before developing any major holes.
Of course they can be compared "pussy shit" when they're up against Carhartts and the like, but they're the best mixture of durability, comfort, and price I've known.
I'm dead. Don't come looking for me.
Feb 8, 2013 10:53 PM
May 2012
Negative-Travis said:

Hahaha, nice. That scene gets really fucked up really quick, though, that's why I ask.

Negative-Travis said:
My Levis will go about a year straight (and I mean wearing the same pair that whole year) before developing any major holes.
Of course they can be compared "pussy shit" when they're up against Carhartts and the like, but they're the best mixture of durability, comfort, and price I've known.

Damn, out of the three pairs of Levi's I bought before this last Summer, one pair pretty much fell apart on me, and the other two left me with holes in the crotch on the job! Those days sucked, haha... Like I said man, I must have got some from a real bad bunch.
Feb 8, 2013 11:11 PM

May 2012
I tend not to really worry about what's in style or not and just pick out whatever looks good on me. The only thing I'm fairly consistent with are Timberland Boots. I started wearing them in my first year of hs and haven't bought a pair of boots from another company since.
Feb 8, 2013 11:13 PM

Dec 2007
Post-Josh said:
Aha. I used to be somewhat into fashion too, although my desire for new clothes never overpowered my cheapness.

Hence, most I have are hand-me-downs or bought with other people's money.

My usual day-to-day get-up would be denim shorts, a nice shirt, and sneakers. With either a hoodie or a beanie. I don't care for brand names as long as they look nice enough.
Feb 8, 2013 11:47 PM

Mar 2012
JeremyA said:
Negative-Travis said:

Hahaha, nice. That scene gets really fucked up really quick, though, that's why I ask.

It isn't really a scene I subscribe to, I just look the part purely out of coincidence.
Hell, the only reason I have Grinders is because I was originally going to get a pair of Doc Martens, but I learned they're now made in China whereas Grinders are still made in England. I also learned that Grinders are significantly harder to acquire.
Feb 9, 2013 4:06 AM

Aug 2011
Go and walk around the street for a few hours and you'll get the idea for the general trend of the year, plus, most shops only sells trendy stuff and its hard to find any vintage right now
kek
Feb 9, 2013 6:42 AM

Feb 2012
I tend to wear more formal looking clothes, mainly shirts mostly in white, blue or black, jacket/sweater and trousers. It might be a bit unusual for a guy of my age but that's how it turned out lol... it might look like I'm interested in fashion but the thing is it's pretty simple to dress like this yet you look like you think a lot about what you wear (at least that's what I hear a lot).
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Feb 9, 2013 8:10 AM

Jun 2008
Like? Sure, but when I come across pictures from fashion shows, what the models are wearing usually looks... questionable. It's creative nevertheless. I prefer wearing simple things so that I feel more comfortable, but I find browsing websites and such on this topic usually quite interesting and inspirational :O
Feb 9, 2013 11:47 AM

Jan 2011
I wear professional attire. My line of work you have to dress to impress. I also like to wear nice clothing, makes you feel important.
Be humble or be humbled.
Feb 9, 2013 12:06 PM
Jul 2018
Eh can usually find me in a cami, pair of my favorite jeans and flip flops. Throw in a hoody if it's winter time.
I have zero fashion sense and I HATE spending money on clothes when I could be spending it on something else, like books.
Feb 9, 2013 12:39 PM

Jul 2012
BloodRequiem said:
Fashion is stupid. Style is the way to go.

only person that makes sense.

in my closet there is a wide mix of brands, styles and colors. i dress to make myself happy and funk it up. I also rely on jewelry a LOT. a plain outfit can be a huge statement with the right jewelry. I tend towards handmade pieces. who wants crap at the mall when you can have something unique and awesome?
Feb 9, 2013 1:46 PM

Mar 2012
Katagari said:
I HATE spending money on clothes when I could be spending it on something else, like books anything but clothes and books.

This is exactly why I'm living on about 15 shirts, 3 pairs of pants, and about 2 weeks-worth of socks and boxers.

I'd much rather buy gas, records, and Mountain Dew.
Negative-TravisFeb 9, 2013 2:17 PM
Feb 9, 2013 2:14 PM

Aug 2008
I don't really have any sense of fashion really. My entire wardrobe basically consists of band T-shirts bought at concerts or on the internet, and a few pairs of jeans and shorts. I do like wearing colorful clothes though, and I like wearing hats as well.

I've seen clothes that I think look cool, especially during my time living in Japan, but I just can't really justify buying clothes for myself over anything else like CD's, books, video games, etc.
私のホバークラフトは鰻でいっぱいです
Feb 9, 2013 2:20 PM
Jul 2012
Any shirt that looks good on me. or a shirt that is funny are acceptable.
Feb 10, 2013 1:01 AM

Apr 2012
plaid shirts, lots and lots of plaid shirts.
Feb 10, 2013 2:08 AM

Apr 2012
mdude009 said:
plaid shirts, lots and lots of plaid shirts.

EWW
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Feb 10, 2013 3:37 AM

May 2012
Feb 10, 2013 3:47 AM

Mar 2008
well, I like fashion. It's a way of how I can express myself.
I'd say I have my own style, other people seem to like it since I get compliments sometimes...
I don't do it because of that though, I just like to wear nice clothes because I feel more comfortable in them.
Feb 10, 2013 5:23 AM

Sep 2011
Any shirt(I prefer V-necks more) that it should be fitted to my body then skinny jeans.

Feb 10, 2013 4:43 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Polo shirts and jeans. That's all the fashion I need.
Feb 10, 2013 5:46 PM

Sep 2011
You know what pisses me off about fashion/style?

Guys get ready and dressed instantly and still look good . (Most) girls take a century to get ready. I'm exaggerating, but I've lost track of how many times I've been late to school and stressed out because of my clothes. On the other hand, all of my brothers and guy friends take about 6 minutes tops to get dressed (and look good) and it drives me up a wall. Why is it so much easier for guys to get ready and have such simple fashion? Most female fashion demands so much money and there are way too many fits and styles. It's overwhelming. Do you agree or disagree?
"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."
Feb 10, 2013 5:52 PM

Oct 2012
I don't care about fashion labels or brands, I just wear whatever is on the clearance rack LOL.

I just wear what I want and people still complete me on my taste in fashion so meh. :P
Feb 10, 2013 6:05 PM

Nov 2010
gigglingidiot said:

Guys get ready and dressed instantly and still look good . (Most) girls take a century to get ready. I'm exaggerating, but I've lost track of how many times I've been late to school and stressed out because of my clothes. On the other hand, all of my brothers and guy friends take about 6 minutes tops to get dressed (and look good) and it drives me up a wall. Why is it so much easier for guys to get ready and have such simple fashion? Most female fashion demands so much money and there are way too many fits and styles. It's overwhelming. Do you agree or disagree?
It's because girls think that they don't look good until they are content with how they look. But most of the time to guys there's a very small amount of clothes or whatever that would make a girl look bad.
Feb 10, 2013 6:06 PM

Mar 2012
gigglingidiot said:

I think the main reason is that the expectations are so much higher (and more diverse) for females. To give one of infinite examples, I could wear the exact same outfit to class and to a club, and not look out of place in either. Females would be hard-pressed to find an outfit like that. In that regard I do not envy them at all, haha.
JoshFeb 10, 2013 6:09 PM
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Feb 10, 2013 7:28 PM

Aug 2012
Interesting responses. There sure is a lot of diversity in here.

;)
Feb 10, 2013 7:55 PM

Mar 2012
StonedAnime said:

Just look at that Chinese quality.
Feb 10, 2013 8:46 PM

Oct 2012
Negative-Travis said:
StonedAnime said:

Just look at that Chinese quality.

Don't hate on chinese stuff!

I'm not a fan of dr martens..

I don't wear boots that much, but when I do, i rock clarks desert boots or red wings! :)
Feb 10, 2013 8:47 PM

Mar 2012
I don't care too much about quality, personally. I don't want something that's going to fall apart quickly under minimal stress, obviously, but it doesn't benefit me in the slightest if something is meant to last ten years of hard manual labour in the pouring rain.

For instance, those boots look like they would last for my purposes. Speaking of boots though, do you have suggestions, Travis? I need some boots.
LoneWolf said:
Feb 10, 2013 8:49 PM

Mar 2012
Danielcook said:

Chinese cars deserve all of the hate I can give them.
Feb 10, 2013 8:52 PM

Sep 2011
Negative-Travis said:
Danielcook said:
Their cars are probably better than American cars.
Feb 10, 2013 8:52 PM

Mar 2012
gigglingidiot said:
Negative-Travis said:
Danielcook said:

Yea-no.

Not even close.
Feb 10, 2013 8:54 PM

Oct 2012
Negative-Travis said:
gigglingidiot said:
Negative-Travis said:
Danielcook said:

Yea-no.

Not even close.

No idea what a "chinese" car is.

But some chinese stuff you gotta admit is crap.

Like huawei phones.
Feb 10, 2013 8:57 PM

Mar 2012
Danielcook said:

I'd imagine it's a car made in China.

Have a look:
Feb 10, 2013 9:05 PM

Sep 2011
Negative-Travis said:
Danielcook said:
I'd imagine it's a car made in China. Have a look:
That video is from 2007. Anyway, no matter what car brand you support - 9 times out of 10, the parts were made in China. So ripping on "Chinese" quality doesn't even make sense.
Feb 10, 2013 9:10 PM

Oct 2012
gigglingidiot said:
Negative-Travis said:
Danielcook said:
That video is from 2007. Anyway, no matter what car brand you support - 9 times out of 10, the parts were made in China. So ripping on "Chinese" quality doesn't even make sense.

Why are we talking about cars in a fashion (clothing) thread anyways? Lol.
Feb 10, 2013 9:10 PM

Mar 2012
gigglingidiot said:
Negative-Travis said:
Danielcook said:
Yes, there is.
Chinese cars are made by China for China.
Products made in China are still subject to quality control testing done by the company they're made for.
Feb 10, 2013 9:12 PM

Oct 2012
Negative-Travis said:
gigglingidiot said:
Negative-Travis said:
Danielcook said:
Yes, there is.
Chinese cars are made by China for China.
Products made in China are still subject to quality control testing done by the company they're made for.

Too bad clarks arent made in england anymore. They're all made in vietnam.

How much were your grinders?
Feb 10, 2013 9:14 PM

Mar 2012
Danielcook said:

About $100.
Feb 10, 2013 9:21 PM

Oct 2012
Negative-Travis said:
Danielcook said:

About $100.

Not bad, considering how they are made in england.
Feb 10, 2013 9:23 PM

Mar 2012
Danielcook said:
Negative-Travis said:
Danielcook said:

About $100.

They're built better than $150 Doc Martens.
Feb 10, 2013 9:24 PM
May 2012
No way he got them new for that price. And disagreed about the build better than DM's.
Feb 10, 2013 9:24 PM

Oct 2012
Negative-Travis said:
Danielcook said:
Negative-Travis said:
Danielcook said:

About $100.

They're built better than $150 Doc Martens.

But docs look more stylish!
Feb 10, 2013 9:25 PM

Mar 2012
Danielcook said:
But docs look more stylish!

Why, the yellow thread?

Here are my boots: Grinders Stags (10-eye)

And Doc Marten 1460s (8-eye)
Negative-TravisFeb 10, 2013 9:30 PM
Feb 10, 2013 9:35 PM

Mar 2012
Upon googling, Grinders look pretty nice. I want boots like these.
LoneWolf said:
Feb 10, 2013 9:37 PM

Mar 2012
Post-Josh said:
Upon googling, Grinders look pretty nice. I want boots like these.

One thing you'll want to do as soon as you get some is to throw in some new insoles.
Feb 10, 2013 9:45 PM

Mar 2012
They're $100 on Amazon. Which is a bit much, but if I really like them I might consider it.

Negative-Travis said:
One thing you'll want to do as soon as you get some is to throw in some new insoles.
Why is this? Never heard of doing that before.
LoneWolf said:
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » What is your average step count? [Poll] Do you think that you should take more steps?

Miscanthus - 7 hours ago

13 by monsta666 »»
31 minutes ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - Apr 19

26 by JaniSIr »»
34 minutes ago

» Is English your native language? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

73 by 707supremacist »»
45 minutes ago

» Plushies

_Nette_ - Apr 25

19 by Deyuko »»
56 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you be a good partner? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

65 by Animeistaken »»
57 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.