Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 24, 2013 7:41 AM

Apr 2012
Do the people who make these filler arcs even watch the show, they always seem to get events out of order. If they really wanted to show some episodes from right after the invasion of pain arc they should have made this then instead of those other filler-flashbacks that also get events out of order.
Flashbacks are fine, fillers are fine, fillers that are flashbacks mess up the story.
Also whats with that lady's lips, did she get stung by a bee or something?
I like Hentai, you like real life.
Instead of complaining about my tastes, be grateful you now don't have to compete against me.
Jan 25, 2013 4:49 PM

Nov 2012
Honestly the best fillers/filler arc I've seen in any show. This was pleasant to watch.
5/5.
Jan 28, 2013 8:57 PM

Sep 2011
Pretty good stuff for what it was. Kind of dumb that he had a semi-Nine-Tails mode going on, but whatever. I'm convinced that this was a movie, but they decided to use it as filler instead for whatever reason. It's got the animation quality of a movie, and it even ended in a special type of Rasengan, which is a staple of the Naruto movies. (Seriously - go check it out. All of the movies end in some ridiculous type of Rasengan. There is one slight exception that ends with just a normal Rasengan, but I forgot which one. The 3rd Shippuuden movie maybe?)
Jan 29, 2013 8:09 PM
Nov 2012
ya so they werent really brother and sister? tht was kinda weird lol
Feb 4, 2013 1:39 PM

Jan 2012
Finally. Especially because at the begginig, it used to seem like a nice filler arc
Feb 7, 2013 10:20 PM
Dec 2011
awesome episode.solid plot with mind bending twists.....wow so great 5/5 from me now lets kick some ass on the next episode :3 your so great NARUTO!
Feb 14, 2013 8:33 PM

Jan 2012
best filler, no doubt. I just wanna take minna's cheeks and SQUEEZE EM.

Please don't hold back and let it all out Pierrot!
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Mar 4, 2013 3:00 AM

May 2010
It was okay but what happened to kabuto? haha
Jul 20, 2013 8:23 AM

Mar 2010
I felt like I was on some Hallucinate drug, shit was funny. Anyways Naruto was pretty cool.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 10, 2014 4:24 PM

Mar 2014
That was so good, I loved it! :D
Ahhhh, I can't hold the excitement now - Naruto joins the war!!
Dec 7, 2014 5:04 AM
May 2012
Holy shit that was awesome.....and next episode will be fucking awesome!!
Apr 1, 2015 11:30 AM
Jul 2018
Orochimaru9 said:
Do the people who make these filler arcs even watch the show, they always seem to get events out of order. If they really wanted to show some episodes from right after the invasion of pain arc they should have made this then instead of those other filler-flashbacks that also get events out of order.
Flashbacks are fine, fillers are fine, fillers that are flashbacks mess up the story.

Yeah, I agree with you as well, 'caue there's no way this arc can exist. It is just impossible for it to have happened, but well, all that's forgiven cause it's obvious that it was meant to be a movie. And it has happened before, there was at least one movie (I think it was blood prison, if I'm not mistaken) that didn't fit anywhere. But well, ignoring that, it was a good arc, but no mroe than good....

Anyway, lets get to the epic stuff *.* *.* *.*
Jul 14, 2015 12:23 PM
Jun 2014
I don't get it with the laser looking attacks, it wasn't the same attack, but in a previous episode part of a mountain or hill was gone, but Naruto was still intact. What did Yamato mean with it's not his kyuubi form? Protecting The Hole isn't Dokku's duty anymore, because he was fired... What's with Yamato having his eyes closed and his head turned away during the farewell? Why did Sai need chakra? Did he use that much in his previous battle? Who was that person that faded away? Isn't there normally a seal on his belly?

Aug 27, 2015 4:11 PM
Jul 2018
Who would have ever thought he would have to pull her up a cliff?
That chick really needs to learn to stay away from cliffs, you think she would have learned the first time. Lol

Anyways, I loved the entire arc. Animation was beautiful. I think it would have done well as a Naruto movie.
I am excited to get back to canon episodes though.
Oct 27, 2015 8:23 AM

Aug 2015
This filler was so epic! Naruto had some nice scens :) And Mina saved everyone! And I'm waiting for episodes based on manga xD
Jan 14, 2016 9:44 AM
Sep 2015
Firstly, glad I'm not the only one who grasped the fact that this was clearly a movie. It may have been done specifically for the series to celebrate 500 episodes, as others have said, but it unmistakably follows the same format as prior movies. For one, it doesn't exactly revolve around Naruto and team helping someone so much as it revolves around the people Naruto and team are helping. Then there's the animation style, the flow of the story, and of course things from canon story being hinted at just when they make an appearance in the canon anime, such as Naruto's protomorphic Kyuubi mode and unstable Bijuu mode, as well as his bijuu-dama.

Remember, sage mode was in "Blood Prison" roughly around the same time it appeared in the anime, and Fuuton Rasen-shuriken showed up in "The Will of Fire", again around the same time as it appeared in the anime. And finally there's the closing credit sequence and epilogue scene, both staples of the movies.

Clearly it was a movie.

Secondly, how can you be an anime fan and not know that the Japanese very often tend to use familial terms to refer to non-family members, especially "onii-san" and "onee-san"? Those two are most commonly used to address someone slightly older than yourself, up to a few years. After a certain point they graduate to "Oji-san" and Oba-san" (if I recall correctly), meaning Uncle or Aunt. People in America say similar things, like calling male friends "bro" or "brother", "Pops" for older males, etc. It's just much more common in Japan.
Jun 10, 2016 4:48 AM

Mar 2013
the kids were so annoying; especially mina. the animation was really weird looking at times. time to finally continue the war.
Sep 6, 2016 1:10 PM

Sep 2014
Great ending. Enjoyed this mini filler arc called chikara now on to the main plot
Jun 11, 2017 7:21 AM

Dec 2012
I liked the overall story, and the animation was drastically better

Could've done without the brother/sister fake incest relationship hahaha, too weird even if it was just childhood friend nicknames
Jun 21, 2017 12:51 PM
Aug 2012
High quality animation in this perfect filler arc:sayonara I loved you all(
Aug 16, 2017 11:37 PM

Feb 2017
TBH i like it a lot
Especially the animation it had a different vibe from usual
Sep 12, 2017 7:53 AM

Dec 2008
I do believe this was the best filler arc so far. Any that come after this will be hard pressed to beat it. It was movie quality.

Loved Shiseru, Dokku, and the kids. The story behind Naruto's new form was awesome too.
Sep 16, 2017 11:15 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Great last Naruto transformation!!!!
and happy because...
...the love story between "friends" end well!!! ;)
Apr 21, 2019 3:46 PM
Jul 2009
meh 3/5 glad it's over. Next episode looks great though!
I'm not a neko girl, I'm nyan-binary, hence the name
Yes I am an SJW.
No i will not scream at you for being a straight, white, cis, male.
I have important things to scream about and a finite amount of time in the day.
Feel free to talk to me, I only bite if you ask nicely :D
Aug 30, 2019 11:39 PM

Jun 2017
I really enjoyed this filler and I loved the art style they used. I wish all the fillers were like this one. I'm glad they got a happy ending!
Sep 1, 2019 3:52 AM

Mar 2015
All's well that ends well! Nice movie, split up!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 10, 2020 8:58 AM

Mar 2019
Just 1/5. Worst fucking filler arc there is. So many things wrong with the ending. Wtf were those lips...And every child was literally useless. Glad it's over, FINALLY, after too many episodes.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Aug 12, 2020 9:15 PM

Jan 2020
happy ending but this arc was alright 3.5/5
Nov 10, 2020 5:20 AM

Nov 2010
Five episode feel good arc. Was nice. I liked the ending.
Nov 12, 2020 1:41 PM
Jul 2020
So that was actually a really good filler!!!
Some other things:
-Am I the only one confused on them getting married???? I thought they were brother and sister? (Never-mind it was nicknames but still weird)
-Also, where this takes place in the time line makes like 0 sense, but it’s a filler so idk.
Nov 30, 2020 9:12 PM
Nov 2017
Danger00Noodle said:
So that was actually a really good filler!!!
Some other things:
-Am I the only one confused on them getting married???? I thought they were brother and sister? (Never-mind it was nicknames but still weird)
-Also, where this takes place in the time line makes like 0 sense, but it’s a filler so idk.
They were not related. So it is not confusing. They were childhood friends and loved each other from the beginning. It is just that Dock felt guilty because he wasn't strong enough to save her then and that's why he left for so long. I wouldn't say 0 sense. I believe it could take place right after Tsunade wakes up from her coma (she gives them the mission) and also after Naruto's encounter with Sasuke (shown in a flashback). So, everything happens before Naruto travels to the island to train. Well, I really liked the story. Naruto's role as an older brother was nice to see. He has the personality and the kindness to fit that role perfectly. However, everything at the end felt rushed but being able to see the speed of the kyubi mode was enough. Strange things I noticed: all the konoha shinobis suddenly dissapeared from action. Yamato's face during the farewell (tried not to cry?) Sakura shouting Naruto's name while crying is already a cliche and feels cringy.
Feb 27, 2021 2:37 PM
Apr 2020
I’m very very very concerned. This woman in sub kept referring to the fatman as her brother?/? Wtf? Were they actually siblings? That’s really disgusting. It’s such a shame because the animation was good and the story was above average-filler wise... the incest really threw me off though :(
Apr 8, 2021 1:12 AM

Mar 2020
I love it. Its like a movie. The animation and graphics are amazing. One of the best filler.
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Apr 18, 2021 10:58 AM

Jun 2019
I think I now understand why people were saying it was probably a movie that got scrapped and was retained on the series instead. It had the same story flow and also the usual "end of the world" theme that comes with a movie. The end credits being shown the way it was confirms that.

The down side to this though is that it messed up the timeline. It should fit somewhere after pain arc and before war arc, but showing Naruto in kyuubi chakra mode just threw out of place.
"To keep enduring, no matter what, until things come to pass...perhaps that's what it means to be a ninja." - Uchiha Sasuke
Jul 27, 2021 10:21 AM
Mar 2017
I really liked this arc, one of the few fillers that caught my eye. The action scenes are amazing and better animated than many canonical episodes.
Aug 3, 2021 12:47 PM

Jan 2014
I really liked this episode, lots of action. Good filler arc.
Let's keep the dream electric~!
Maloween 21' Candies: x6 x1 Bonus!
MALoween 22' Candies:
MALoween 23' Candies:
Oct 24, 2021 6:10 AM

Feb 2021
Such a bullshit episode. Bruh Naruto shouldn't have even been able to get that Kyuubi chakra form and that full on kyuubi mode. This was happening after the Pain arc so he didn't even meet Bee yet. Wtf was that. Totally shitty arc with amazing animation. Finally these suck-ass fillers are over.

Apr 16, 2022 1:10 PM

Aug 2008
Those are some fat lips.
Jul 6, 2023 10:41 PM
Jun 2023
Great mini-series. The ending was okay (it did end up devolving into a kind of stereotypical naruto movie ending). It was kind of like an alternate universe timeline of how naruto got that power, and also a somewhat believable story of how Kabuto got so damn ugly.
Oct 16, 2023 12:06 PM

Mar 2019
How beautiful, seeing it like this I almost believe that love exists, until it wasn't all bad, compared to previous filler arcs. (⁠´⁠ε⁠`⁠ ⁠)
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 133 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ssjbryando - Oct 29, 2009

191 by shoelaze »»
Yesterday, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 346 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2014

58 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 23, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 343 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Griffith - Dec 19, 2013

152 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 500 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

435 by Mabexix »»
Apr 22, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 339 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

loveyuri - Nov 21, 2013

162 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 21, 11:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.