Forum Settings
Forums

Live Action Movie of Kuroshitsuji Announced

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 5, 2013 4:07 PM

Aug 2011
I'm excited for Hiro being Sebastian, but I'm sad that there's no Ciel. I wonder what kind of plot a movie with only Sebastian might have .__.
RoboTurtleFeb 5, 2013 4:38 PM
Feb 11, 2013 11:46 AM

Jan 2013
................No thanks.
.... >////< Don't look at me.
Feb 12, 2013 5:56 AM

Jun 2012
can't wait for the reveal of the other casts .

Feb 12, 2013 7:34 AM

Sep 2008
Well calling it a kuroshitsuji movie, without Ciel....I don't know how they can make a story line :x Guess we'll have to see.
Throw sticks or stones and I'll break you're bones, but words...I'll just delete 'em.
Feb 19, 2013 6:49 AM
Aug 2010
I'm... I'm very nervous. But kind of excited. I want to see how they do this! My inner optimist is hoping it's good. Maybe they'll do it in horror movie format, that'd be interesting!

My inner pessimist says it's going to hurt. Like getting hit by a car.

I hope my optimist is right. >.>;; *crosses fingers*
Feb 27, 2013 11:01 PM

Apr 2011
Playing Seb is going to be a hit or a miss *prays* please get it right ><
Mar 7, 2013 1:14 PM

Aug 2011
When will it be out so we can watch it online? :3
My life is nothing without my dearest guys in pain.
Love it, whatever it's a Banana made with Fish. It's BANANA FISH. My biggest favorite due to the pain. Pain is good when you want it to go away from your own pain~

Then there is Yaoi. Oh yes, Yaoi.
- Yaoi is best when your watching it in HD! xD
Mar 10, 2013 7:10 AM
Oct 2012
I can't help but immediately question the production quality of this film simply on the basis that it's a Kuroshitsuji film with Japanese actors, when the characters originate in Victorian Britain. They didn't make Letters From Iwo-Jima with American actors, so why do this?
Mar 10, 2013 1:21 PM

Dec 2011
omg this better be good. finding an actor to play Sebbi is easy, but finding the right one to play Ciel.. yeah, I don't see that happening.
Mar 14, 2013 7:45 AM

Nov 2009
Saaaaaaaaaaaaaay whaaaaaa????
Apr 1, 2013 9:52 AM

May 2009
I googled Hiro Mizushima and it doesn't look that bad:

Apr 1, 2013 10:07 AM

Nov 2012
Well, it can't be any worse than the original series.
Who knows? Perhaps the screen writers will grant the series some substance.
Apr 1, 2013 1:32 PM

Oct 2009
woa, well that's a surprise~
no signature. it's a pain in the butt.
Apr 3, 2013 1:57 AM

Apr 2011
I'm glad the plot isn't trying to mimic the existing one. New story means they can't mess up certain scenes. 130 years after the manga? interesting!

I'm actually looking forward to this!
Apr 5, 2013 10:11 AM
Feb 2012
I hope the makers of this movie don't let us down like some other anime that was made into live action.
On the more positive side, I am extremely excited to see it!!!
Apr 27, 2013 6:47 AM

Apr 2008
i dont have a good feeling about this.
Apr 29, 2013 8:36 AM
Sep 2012
130 years after the manga?

wtf is this

oh and I read somewhere that since the one playing Ciel is a girl, they will change the story to a gender bender genre........ so like girl pretending to be a guy. double wtf.

and they wont call him "Ciel" in the movie, they will be using his japanese name lol I didnt even knew he fucking had one
follow me on tumblr (i follow back, unless your some bloody yugiohentai blog lol)
http://xoxotaku.tumblr.com

Apr 29, 2013 3:37 PM

Dec 2011
The anime sucked so the live action probably will too.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2013 4:31 PM

Jul 2007
ewwwww....
May 1, 2013 3:04 AM

Jun 2009
I don't have any expectations for live action japanese movies or dramas adapted from a manga. If you've seen the drama adaptation for Ouran Koukou Host Club, you know what I mean >.<
May 18, 2013 5:45 AM

Oct 2012
excuse me, but WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?
y is ciel a girl? AND WHY IS IT GENDERBENDING? WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK IS GOING ON??? R U FUCKING KIDDING ME????
i dont get this whole 'after 130 years' idea! WHERE IS CIEL!!!! I WANT CIEL!!! NOT SOME GIRL DRESSING AS A DUDE!!! [RAAGE]
May 18, 2013 9:18 PM

Jan 2013
Interesting I loved Kuroshitsuji but don't know how I will feel about a live action movie hmmm
May 19, 2013 11:53 AM

Mar 2013
raebabeeyx3 said:

wtf is this

oh and I read somewhere that since the one playing Ciel is a girl, they will change the story to a gender bender genre........ so like girl pretending to be a guy. double wtf.

and they wont call him "Ciel" in the movie, they will be using his japanese name lol I didnt even knew he fucking had one

zoze said:
y is ciel a girl? AND WHY IS IT GENDERBENDING? WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK IS GOING ON??? R U FUCKING KIDDING ME????
i dont get this whole 'after 130 years' idea! WHERE IS CIEL!!!! I WANT CIEL!!! NOT SOME GIRL DRESSING AS A DUDE!!! [RAAGE]

Calm yourselves Ladies no need to get mad and use caps.
> LInk

Anime News NetWork said:

While the original manga is set in 19th century England, this new film is set over 130 years later in 2020, in an Asian city where Western and Asian cultures freely intermingle. Gōriki will play Shiori Genpō, a descendant of the prestigious aristocratic family Phantomhive. Since only males can take the reins of the family, Shiori dons male clothes and the name Kiyoharu to lead the massive Phantom Corporation. This will be first time that Gōriki plays a girl who assumes a male disguise.

Some point in history Ciel's son or something married someone who was asian, I guess would be the only explanation.
It seems Sebastian is somehow stuck as a phantomhive butler for 130 years lol

Personally I'm not a huge fan of Live action versions of anime but I will watch this to know how this plays out.

Jul 17, 2013 4:46 AM

May 2008

Worst casting ever. An old man and ugly Gouriki.

I enjoy watching people's favorites. Recommend your favorite show to me, even if I have it dropped/on hold.
Jul 18, 2013 1:00 AM

Sep 2012
Key Visual out

Theater release date Jan 18 2014

So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 21, 2013 10:04 PM

Jul 2012
Teaser

Jul 23, 2013 3:25 PM
May 2013
cieLLLLLLL :C i refuse to be optimistic about no ciel
Jul 23, 2013 3:41 PM

May 2011
130 years after the manga? I'm so disappointed.
Jul 23, 2013 10:16 PM

Aug 2009
Looks pretty freakin' awful.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Sep 5, 2013 6:24 PM
Nov 17, 2013 11:05 PM
Nov 18, 2013 4:42 PM

Dec 2009
Hiroi_Kusaji said:
raebabeeyx3 said:

wtf is this

zoze said:

> LInk

Anime News NetWork said:

While the original manga is set in 19th century England, this new film is set over 130 years later in 2020, in an Asian city where Western and Asian cultures freely intermingle. Gōriki will play Shiori Genpō, a descendant of the prestigious aristocratic family Phantomhive. Since only males can take the reins of the family, Shiori dons male clothes and the name Kiyoharu to lead the massive Phantom Corporation. This will be first time that Gōriki plays a girl who assumes a male disguise.

Some point in history Ciel's son or something married someone who was asian, I guess would be the only explanation.

Personally I'm not a huge fan of Live action versions of anime but I will watch this to know how this plays out.

Actually... It says "set in". Last time I checked "set in" was not "after". The movie is not set after the manga, though while people would assume that, if you pay close enough attention you can see this is AU (Alternate Universe).

It's like a retailing with a modern take, and a different master (BOO!!!). It is possible, in this universe, that Ciel did, at one time, exist but without any of the bad happening (meaning he never met Sebby.). So it would make sense that in this timeline, Sebby came later when this new master (BOO) made the contract.

Or, I could be wrong, and Ciel makes a slight appearance at some point. But given what I have heard of live action versions of the mangas... I would bet on the AU. I wouldn't watch it though, the trailers I have seen have put me off a bit.

Nov 19, 2013 2:10 AM
Nov 2013
Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler) Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92MiWbqP3P4
Nov 19, 2013 2:44 AM

Mar 2013
ahaha... haha... ha ..... haaaaa..... aaaaaaa

NOPE!!!
Nov 19, 2013 6:21 PM

Dec 2009
lovelyphantom said:
Hiroi_Kusaji said:
raebabeeyx3 said:

wtf is this

zoze said:

> LInk

Anime News NetWork said:

Actually... It says "set in". Last time I checked "set in" was not "after". The movie is not set after the manga, though while people would assume that, if you pay close enough attention you can see this is AU (Alternate Universe).

It's like a retailing with a modern take, and a different master (BOO!!!). It is possible, in this universe, that Ciel did, at one time, exist but without any of the bad happening (meaning he never met Sebby.). So it would make sense that in this timeline, Sebby came later when this new master (BOO) made the contract.

Or, I could be wrong, and Ciel makes a slight appearance at some point. But given what I have heard of live action versions of the mangas... I would bet on the AU. I wouldn't watch it though, the trailers I have seen have put me off a bit.

I think my theory of it being an AU stands. Here is the story translated from the WBs website via Google (not a very good translation).

Name of Butler Sebastian . That only evil of the character if you combine knowledge and ability , the appearance and dignity , that there is impeccable , faithful butler and the all-around . To the young leader of the giant , illusion bee family head home , husband to serve , phantom bee Seigen Earl . Name of the real is a tide Anri , in the daughter of the Cross to live to hide that it is a woman , to have a fierce wound in the past .
The connects the two of them , master-slave relationship of absolute exchange for life . Two of such unusual relationship with the face on the back of " watchdog of the Queen " to receive Mitsumei from Queen die Earl houses handed down .

And was sentenced to resolve the embassy employee of " continuous mummification mysterious death incident" from the Queen two . Was left at the site tarot card . At the same time , events and girls after another to disappearance from the city was happening . The investigation of butler Sebastian versatile , and arrive to a " black invitation " that connects the two incidents . However , it was the world to which the invitation has been shown not to step inside . Be trapped Seigen he gets the invitation to the predicament . Perpetrator of the incident and , with the object of the mastermind of the incident involving the world ... ! ?

Nov 23, 2013 12:59 AM
Sep 2009
symbv said:
Key Visual out

Theater release date Jan 18 2014

What is up with that hair? It's kinda hard to take a modern Japanese host seriously as Sebastian.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» 'Megami no Café Terrace Season 2' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

12 by RobertBobert »»
31 minutes ago

» Manga 'Hanazakari no Kimitachi e' Gets Anime

DatRandomDude - 4 hours ago

10 by RobertBobert »»
33 minutes ago

» Smartphone Game 'Garena Free Fire' Gets Anime Project

Hyperion_PS - May 12

41 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
7 hours ago

» 'Ore wa Subete wo "Parry" suru' Unveils Additional Cast, Staff, Theme Songs

Nioxys - Yesterday

0 by Nioxys »»
Yesterday, 8:39 AM

» Manga 'Kinoko Inu' Receives TV Anime in Fall 2024

Hyperion_PS - May 13

2 by Zedlin »»
Yesterday, 8:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.