Forum Settings
Forums

human super-organism vs industrial super-organism

New
Jan 5, 2013 9:28 PM
Jan 2013
To explain the emergence of human society, for me the most compelling mechanism seems to be cultural conformism or 'meme selfishness': if a cultural norm ('meme') prescribing, for example, altruism manages to spread over a group, conformist pressures will make it very difficult for would-be 'free riders' to deviate from that norm. Since different groups in general follow different norms, there will be a cultural group selection promoting the more altruist norms, which have the strongest benefit to the group as a whole. A culture is based in the natural, biological drives of human-life existence, and as such it is composed of 'mores' and 'memes' related to life and the human mind (art, literature, fashion, religion, sexual, food, social customs, language, etc.)

Homo Sapiens, the dominant, informative, nervous mammal, was bound to create socio-biological organisms, through the creation of a new macro-language of information, words, which could join individual minds, in the same way nervous impulses join human cells. In those societies human beings are the informative, cultural 'neurons' of a territorial body that provides them with energy (economical and agricultural networks.) So humans developed words that organized their simultaneous, collective actions; adding to the simple program of genetic instincts, the memetic, verbal language, able to remember temporal cycles and transfer customs and ideas between generations. Since cultures, nations and civilizations are nothing else than a social organism and any superorganism is ruled by a language of information whose syntax defines the actions performed under its orders. Words created cultural superorganisms - a new social plane of history based in informative, memetic, legal, artistic and ethic networks.

The Universe is a fractal, organic system, which reproduces complementary, social networks of energy and information that self-organize themselves in bigger, self-similar scales which constantly undergo endless cycles of creation and destruction. All entities are 'cellular societies' organized through energy and information networks that bring about processes of social evolution of parts into wholes. All sciences share the laws of duality, systems and organicism since the properties of energy and information remain invariant in all the scales of reality. The result is the fractal structure of the Universe, a superorganism made of smaller superorganisms.

Unfortunately, the economy works, evolves and reproduces machines, kills humans in wars, substitutes us in labor and war fields, advances and progresses in brief with steady steps in a clear direction: that of the supremacy of a new super-organism, the company-mother of machines, associated in vast global networks and organized by flows of money, in markets, which act as a collective brain of a planet of corporations, machines, weapons and human workers and consumers. This brave new world is what a true science of economics would explain and a true science of history would manage for the benefit of man. As it is, it is managed automatically by flows of money which build according to the laws of cybernetics and systems sciences, which people like me discovered and resolved in the 90s and 2000s, an entire new 'reality', a 'terraformed' earth, a new ecosystem, where humans are no longer dominant, but company-mothers and their biological will of evolution, reproduction and adaptation of the Earth ecosystem, to its offspring of machines, are. So the life-time of mankind and the planet is dedicated almost exclusively to that future of machines and its complex super-organisms. Guided by profits, neoclassical economics pretends to be a 'mathematical' science, independent of history, uninterested in the collateral effects that the production of machines, money and weapons might cause to mankind. It is my opinion though that the economy should serve mankind first, then profits and finally machines, not the other way around, as it is today. Since we constantly increase productivity and fire labor, to increase profits, resulting in a constant evolution of machines towards the age of the singularity where robotic workers and terminator armies will have made mankind obsolete.

In that sense, a scientific, bio-economical analysis of globalization is crystal clear. The present economic globalization means the creation of an economic ecosystem of planetary size, ‘the Metal-earth’, where machines, technology, money and digital science are dominant. A planet in which human beings, life, and verbal laws (politics), are no longer the dominant elements of our society. The new top predator species and languages of the planetary ecosystem are machines and digital languages. Indeed, we live in a world ruled by digital money, no longer by legal worlds, which have always a price. And so to understand the future of both, the economic ecosystem and the cultures of mankind, we have first to understand who invents money and then, according to their wantings, what kind of world they create with that money.

http://evolutionaryeconomics.wordpress.com/general-systems-science/life-cultures-vs-animetal-nations/
Jan 5, 2013 9:39 PM

May 2009
katsucats, is that you? Auto? I'm confused now...

Now that you've presented your thesis, what is this thread supposed to do?

I'm dumber than you think but this succeeds in taking my quotient level further down.
Jan 5, 2013 10:03 PM

Oct 2012
bbq1090 said:
Unfortunately, the economy works, evolves and reproduces machines, kills humans in wars, substitutes us in labor and war fields, advances and progresses in brief with steady steps in a clear direction: that of the supremacy of a new super-organism, the company-mother of machines, associated in vast global networks and organized by flows of money, in markets, which act as a collective brain of a planet of corporations, machines, weapons and human workers and consumers.
This is where you lost me. To begin with, super-organisms as you define it are not themselves conscious entities, they are merely aggregates of their parts in whole. Therefore super-organisms cannot replace humans or any other part; they are different in kind. But the real transgression here is the leap between that there exists super-organisms to "the supremacy of a new super-organism, the company". I beg to differ. Corporations are selfish and there is no conspiracy in which they collude.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jan 5, 2013 10:05 PM

Jun 2012
I think you are trying to debate with a bot...

I sometime have funky grammar, sorry about that. If you can correct some of my post, you would be an angel.
Jan 5, 2013 10:11 PM

Oct 2012
Hapax said:
I think you are trying to debate with a bot...
It might be a bot, but I'm just stating a thought and if no one bites, then that will be that.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.

More topics from this board

» The Proust phenomenon

RobertBobert - 9 hours ago

7 by Nette »»
5 minutes ago

» スキンケア事は男性にとって必要でしょうか? is skin care necessary for men ?

ISeeLifePeople - 3 hours ago

8 by Noboru »»
7 minutes ago

» "Connoisseurs" of MAL, what are your thoughts on ART NOUVEAU? ( 1 2 3 )

Fario-P - Mar 11, 2021

129 by Fario-P »»
57 minutes ago

» Is it easy to detect fictional drawings from real photographs?

DesuMaiden - Yesterday

18 by DesuMaiden »»
60 minutes ago

» About MBTI ミビチアイの事

ISeeLifePeople - Yesterday

7 by Auron_ »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.