Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 28, 2012 8:23 AM
Aug 2011
Well, Well. The main player really got his own episode and it was so damn awesome [All Fiction] This episode is no doubt 5/5.

Spoilers and more spoilers, but what can you do, this is the price to pay for trying to quickly boost the sales of either the anime or manga.

So, There will be sequels.
Kumagawa and to a extent Aijimu, are the guys who will carry this show forward. How reFRESHing.

Medaka Box Abnormal = 9/10
Medaka Box Minus = My Body Is Ready
Dec 28, 2012 8:36 AM

Jan 2011
There will be a S3. They set this up with a huge "prepare thyself" for the next arc. There was no conclusion to S2 but rather an opening of another door. But, it could go either way I suppose.

If this is how medeka box the anime ended it would be a really bad finale. If it continues, it was a great finale.
Dec 28, 2012 8:41 AM

Oct 2012
IZEROII said:
There will be a S3. They set this up with a huge "prepare thyself" for the next arc. There was no conclusion to S2 but rather an opening of another door. But, it could go either way I suppose.

If this is how medeka box the anime ended it would be a really bad finale. If it continues, it was a great finale.

It's pretty much over and in iconic gainax style. They have a habit of ending series like this in impossible cliffhangers that make no sense. Just look back at Panty and Stocking. That and the whole 'Erase all colors from the world' is a clever throwback at turning the anime into a manga-like world (Since mangas are only black and white)
Dec 28, 2012 9:11 AM

May 2010
I love this episode so much, this show is the best when Kumagawa is always around and I can't believe Ajimu appeared too now I see why in the opening she made her appearance !!!

This episode actually pretty good, thank god they didn't use the same story from the manga but instead make a after story from the manga which is very nice !

However I'm having a difficulty to accept his voice, I mean it's not like what I had in mind. It felt like the voice is kinda makes the character looks stiff
Dec 28, 2012 9:27 AM

May 2011
Kumagawa's voice is 10/10 god tier Shinji

Who else loved that OP? I can't stop listening to it. Need to find an MP3 somewhere.

And honestly, with this episode, the Medaka Box anime has come into full cycle. There is no need for more seasons. There is nothing that needs explaining. Everything is tied up. Kumagawa got his own OP, that's all that really matters anyway.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Dec 28, 2012 9:37 AM

Jan 2010
I so very much wish from the bottom of my heart that there was any sort of logic that could get this episode its own separate entry on MAL so that I could give it the score it deserves.
"My tables-meet it is I set it down
That one may smile, and smile, and be a villain."
Dec 28, 2012 10:17 AM
Dec 2010
Hollogen said:
This episode made me want to read the manga now. Can anyone tell me what chapter I should start reading from after episode 11?

Its chapter 53 or 54 contains the final seen from episode 11. So you can start reading it from there or you can do what I did and started reading from the begining.
Dec 28, 2012 12:13 PM

Nov 2012
I'm just someone who didn't read the manga, and my reaction to this season finale is: "WHAT FOR THE FUCK'S SAKE IS THIS FUCKING SHIT?!".
This screw dude from this screwed episode should use his stupid power to deny the existence of this episode, so I wouldn't had a reason to mince my own eyes with a chainsaw...
Art should be left alone by those unenlightened, raw and uncensored as it is, because enough refinement was already done by it's creator, in it's creation.
Dec 28, 2012 12:40 PM

Mar 2009
twownsu said:
j0x said:

and also Kumagawa turned all the anime world of MedakaBox into Black and White so that maybe implying that the story will continue in the Manga World where everything is Black and White only *shrugs*

This makes sense and it saddens me.

Dec 28, 2012 1:00 PM

Dec 2009
Eh... this is it?
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Dec 28, 2012 1:36 PM

Dec 2010
It really is a shame that it seems their won't be a season 3 but well this season was adapted pretty well, nothing compared to the Minus arc of course but then again the source didn't compare either, so for its limitations it was adapted well.
Dec 28, 2012 1:37 PM
Aug 2011
I don't understand how some people can actually think this anime won't get a S3.

Kumagawa is the reason the manga is still running. Medaka Box was about the be cancelled, Flask Plan was rushed and BAM! Kumagawa appeared! It changed for the better.

The same can be said about the anime.

Kumagawa Proof:
Dec 28, 2012 3:06 PM

Jan 2008
Kumagawa gets his own episode. Best fucking thing ever.
Dec 28, 2012 3:10 PM

Jun 2010
after checking out a lot of comments on ep 12 from different forums, i came to this conclusion: at least 90% of the ppl who hasn't read the manga hated kumagawa...

my sincere advice for all of u who dislike him: go read the Minus arc now, seriously :D
Dec 28, 2012 3:17 PM

Apr 2010
I haven't read the manga yet, but I really like Kumagawa. I understand why he could be so loved by fans.
I hope for a Season 3.
Dec 28, 2012 3:22 PM

May 2010
didnt care much for this episode. just glad there a 3rd season. right?
Dec 28, 2012 3:25 PM

Jun 2009
That was a trolling end and better have a third season or else this is gonna get alot of hate.
Dec 28, 2012 3:37 PM

Jun 2012
Was this supposed to be a real episode because it was a fail. Struggled to get through it. And now I want to know more about what part this kid plays(I haven't read the manga)because it really didn't explain much or maybe I missed it because I was waiting for something cool to happen.

Overall this season was not as good as the first season though a few of the fight were good. Everything revolved around the next battle. I remember the first season being funnier. it wasn't bad but I was a little disappointed. Worth watching and I hope there is a S3, hopefully it wont be the same as this season.

7/10
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Dec 28, 2012 4:15 PM

Apr 2008
Fallenkingzero said:
Was this supposed to be a real episode because it was a fail. Struggled to get through it. And now I want to know more about what part this kid plays(I haven't read the manga)because it really didn't explain much or maybe I missed it because I was waiting for something cool to happen.

Overall this season was not as good as the first season though a few of the fight were good. Everything revolved around the next battle. I remember the first season being funnier. it wasn't bad but I was a little disappointed. Worth watching and I hope there is a S3, hopefully it wont be the same as this season.

7/10

Things only get crazier and more ridiculous from here on. So if you're expecting happy schooldays shenanigans to return, you will be sorely disappointed.
Dec 28, 2012 4:20 PM

Jan 2011
Pretty meh episode. But overall a good series/

8 out of 10.
Dec 28, 2012 5:18 PM

Dec 2010
halibonga said:
after checking out a lot of comments on ep 12 from different forums, i came to this conclusion: at least 90% of the ppl who hasn't read the manga hated kumagawa...

People actually disliked Kumagawa O_O, i mean i can see why people who read the manga like him way more but i didn't think that people would hate him from this episode...
Dec 28, 2012 5:37 PM

Jan 2010
Fallenkingzero said:
I was waiting for something cool to happen.

Kumagawa defeated the dude by removing color from the world. I don't understand how that isn't cool.
"My tables-meet it is I set it down
That one may smile, and smile, and be a villain."
Dec 28, 2012 5:38 PM

Apr 2008
NavyCherub said:
Fallenkingzero said:
I was waiting for something cool to happen.

Kumagawa defeated the dude by removing color from the world. I don't understand how that isn't cool.

Maybe it was too meta for him to comprehend.
Dec 28, 2012 5:41 PM

Apr 2007
Haha oh wow Gainax and Nisio delivers. 11/10 episode. HHHNNNGGG Kumagawa! ♥ He even got his own OP. ♥

Though this episode basically makes me think season 3 isn't happen. The whole thing was pandering to manga fans. Basically a, "whelp, since minus arc and everything afterwards isn't happening, might as well give them this." Especially since some of those poses that Anshin'in made were from specific manga scenes.

And the whole black and white thing with the ending felt like a subtle "you want more? lol well too bad, go buy/read the manga" to anime-only fans with all the spoilers. You know what's black and white? Manga of course! Considering Nisio wrote this episode, I wouldn't put it past him to do something like this.

Hopefully I'm wrong and a season 3 is made. I would love to see the later stuff animated. Wish Gainax didn't waste so much time on the pre-Genre Shift (aka season 1) material.
z-pakDec 28, 2012 5:57 PM
Dec 28, 2012 5:42 PM

Aug 2011
Holy hell I was not prepared for this episode! A Minus and Not Equal (is there such a thing as a Plus?) Abnormal, Normal, Specials and so on. The categories really do fascinate me to no end. Finally, those two mysterious characters from the OP appeared, I was wondering about those people since the start. Loved Anshinin and her fourth wall breaking introduction.

I think I might have developed a phobia of screws after watching this. I'm still confused over most of what happened and I sense that there is loads of foreshadowing here. First time seeing Kumagawa's past and he's a great character. Seemingly harmless but brutal (eventhough he mostly loses). His power was very interesting and dangerous, I can't imagine what will happen if he squares of with Medaka. There's still lots of things I don't understand but that's a good sign because I'm excited to find out.

It's been one of my most enjoyed shows this season and I feel that Medaka Box has really opened up compared to its first outing. The focus on the Abnormal and the flask plan was fantastic and welcomed some really wild characters. Loved Medaka's new form, the OP and ED were great too. I think this show is such an improvement over the original. 8/10.

I seriously hope Season 3 gets greenlit due to that cliffhanger. It's convinced me to read the manga.
Dec 28, 2012 5:51 PM

Apr 2011
I really enjoyed this series. I thought Medaka Box was just another crap anime with crap characters and nothing really going on. Oh how I was wrong. And I am glad I was. 9/10 :D
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Dec 28, 2012 6:43 PM

Jan 2012
Was pissed off cuz Kumagawa ripped a girls face in the beginning of the anime. Searched up why he did that and found a reason. Kumagawa just stole the show with this episode. And the part about panties was the best xD
Dec 28, 2012 6:49 PM

Sep 2010
Oh god each delicious second, each delicious frame... I'm a total Anshin'infag, I wouldn't have minded if she had talked the whole episode ♥.
Still can't feel the same as I felt reading the manga...
Dec 28, 2012 7:26 PM
Aug 2011
Darklight0303 said:
Fallenkingzero said:

7/10

Things only get crazier and more ridiculous from here on. So if you're expecting happy schooldays shenanigans to return, you will be sorely disappointed.

The closest thing to "schooldays shenanigans" would be part of the "succession arc" though, that's not even anything major.

BakaOnna said:
Haha oh wow Gainax and Nisio delivers. 11/10 episode. HHHNNNGGG Kumagawa! ♥ He even got his own OP. ♥

Though this episode basically makes me think season 3 isn't happen. The whole thing was pandering to manga fans. Basically a, "whelp, since minus arc and everything afterwards isn't happening, might as well give them this." Especially since some of those poses that Anshin'in made were from specific manga scenes.

And the whole black and white thing with the ending felt like a subtle "you want more? lol well too bad, go buy/read the manga" to anime-only fans with all the spoilers. You know what's black and white? Manga of course! Considering Nisio wrote this episode, I wouldn't put it past him to do something like this.

Hopefully I'm wrong and a season 3 is made. I would love to see the later stuff animated. Wish Gainax didn't waste so much time on the pre-Genre Shift (aka season 1) material.

C'mon. Who are the biggest trolls in this series? Kumagawa and Anshin'in. Just have patience, S3 will be aired in 2013.
Dec 28, 2012 7:29 PM

Oct 2012
NavyCherub said:
I so very much wish from the bottom of my heart that there was any sort of logic that could get this episode its own separate entry on MAL so that I could give it the score it deserves.

So it wasn't just me who wished for this.
Dec 28, 2012 8:05 PM
Mar 2011
huh

this really live up to the "abnormal" title
"....i am the villain in this story"
Dec 28, 2012 8:12 PM
Nov 2012
I really hope there's a season 3 that ending to the side story of this series was just so interesting. Never knew you could be random, happy, and insane as hell..
Dec 28, 2012 8:20 PM

Nov 2009
Ducat_with_Anime said:
NavyCherub said:

I second this
Dec 28, 2012 9:18 PM

Jul 2009
the fuck did I just watch
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Dec 28, 2012 9:35 PM
Aug 2011
AnimeLover2016 said:
I really hope there's a season 3 that ending to the side story of this series was just so interesting. Never knew you could be random, happy, and insane as hell..

Kumagawa in a nutshell.

MagicFlier said:
Ducat_with_Anime said:
NavyCherub said:

I second this

Third'd

wheresthehandle said:
the fuck did I just watch

The real MC in all his glory.

Kumagawa Box
Dec 28, 2012 9:42 PM

Jan 2011
Not so much a "minus" as negation itself...

The ending of last episode and the entirety of this episode make me begin to question whether I actually want a third season...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Dec 28, 2012 10:27 PM

Sep 2012
I didn't read the manga so I don't really know what's going on but... that was just too creepy!!! ><
Dec 28, 2012 10:33 PM

Oct 2010
Awesome! 5/5
I haven't read the manga but this guy Kumawaga is the best character so far, the episode was interesting. This kind of episodes make me want more. *.* Lets pray the anime sells so we get another season...

Now LETS GO READ SOME MANGA!
「Self Aware Cringy Weeb」
Dec 28, 2012 11:07 PM

Apr 2009
What is this?

Didn't the chapter in the manga have Kumagawa whip this school's student council's ass?!
Dec 28, 2012 11:13 PM

Oct 2012
MagnumBookworm said:
What is this?

Didn't the chapter in the manga have Kumagawa whip this school's student council's ass?!

It's a follow up to that.
Dec 28, 2012 11:15 PM

Apr 2009
Oh.

Is it true that Nisio himself wrote this episode? It seem as weird as his Monogatari series(Especially Kumagawa's facial expressions, they seemed very SHAFT-like). Medaka Box seems to only get that weird when Kumagawa or Najimi is around lol.
Dec 29, 2012 12:53 AM

Jan 2011
Jesus and i thought they had enough trolling already but then we got this fucking crazy episode i don't know about you guys but this episode blew me away despite how much a spoiler,trollish tease it was

if i could rate this higher i would because this was easily the best episode i admit it was slightly confusing at first because i was like who the hell are all these people than i remembered what part of this was in Kumagawa past lol kinda wish they showed the rest of it
5/5 for this 8 for the series in hopes of seeing more Kumagawa and Ajimu :3 feel sorry for the anime viewers must of felt like this was a really random and dumb ending
Dec 29, 2012 2:14 AM

Oct 2011
I got to see Ajimu animated.I got Kumagawa last week & Naze a few weeks ago.
I couldn't care less if they continue to animate the series now.I'll just go back to reading the manga.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Dec 29, 2012 10:32 AM

Mar 2012
Meh, this was a decent series. The last episode was so strange, I was like wtf?

6/10 for the whole series, I don't mind a season 3 though if it does happen.

<3
Dec 29, 2012 11:45 AM

Sep 2011
A cool way to finish the season. Loved Ajimu, Kumagawa and Saki as well as their seiyuu choices. Sad thing we probably won't get season 3, despite the second being so superior to the first.
Dec 29, 2012 12:26 PM

Mar 2010
Awesome episode. Kumagawa is really cool and I really like his voice, I imagined exactly that. XD 5/5

This season wasn't as good, though. While I LOVE the abilities Medaka's world delivers (abnormalities, minus, etc.), I feel like their execution is worse than bad. I'm not complaining about them not making sense (I get a feeling they weren't supposed to make sense so I don't mind) but I feel like they are trying too much to make everything look epic and huge. Characters (except for Kumagawa) aren't that great either and the story is sort of... boring. But I really loved the art (once I got used to it), character interaction felt real and I could really feel their emotion (unfortunately, this is VERY rare) so I can say that it was good overall. 7/10
Dec 29, 2012 1:49 PM
Oct 2011
As much as I hope there'll be a 3rd season I doubt it'll happen. The reason is simple: No good sales nor good rankings, and Medaka Box will probably get axed next year. What j0x said also makes sense with Kumagawa turning the world to Black & White.

A good last episode, a mediocre 2nd season at best. I liked the first season more. 6/10
Dec 29, 2012 3:14 PM

May 2011
Real talk here, Yeah, Kumagawa may be the reason the manga stays afloat, but the manga doesn't do to well even with him. Medaka Box is barely staying afloat in Jump.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Dec 29, 2012 3:28 PM

Apr 2009
amazing 10/10, i just gotta keep listening to the OP and Ajimu destroyed the crap outta the forth wall

and as for season 3, if they do one i bet they'll announce it in the next 3 months and it will be a spring 2013 anime
Dec 29, 2012 5:01 PM

Feb 2011
Ajimu...
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Animes That Are Similar ??

DragonIncursio - Sep 16, 2021

5 by Rexitor_Delta »»
Dec 24, 2022 8:47 AM

Poll: » Medaka Box Abnormal Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2012

55 by Punkero »»
Aug 21, 2022 6:55 PM

Poll: » Medaka Box Abnormal Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2012

136 by Attackonfiller »»
Mar 6, 2022 5:08 PM

Poll: » Medaka Box Abnormal Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2012

79 by Attackonfiller »»
Mar 5, 2022 4:52 PM

Poll: » Medaka Box Abnormal Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2012

65 by Attackonfiller »»
Mar 1, 2022 4:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.