Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 19, 2008 3:59 PM

Oct 2008
If there's one thing Valkyria Chronicles has, it's a lot of characters. Said characters also have a lot of character, be them exclusive potentials, speech mannerisms, or other info in the Personnel tab of Book Mode.

Who is your favorite recruit?

Mine is a dead tie between Edy and Jann. Edy because of her speech mannerisms ("desu wa" always gets me) and her rivalry potential with Rosie, and Jann because he's so fabulous. Someday Largo will accept your love!
Japanese cartoons and comics.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Nov 23, 2008 10:07 PM

Jul 2008
Vyse and Aika, because they're from Skies of Arcadia. But if I had to choose someone besides them then it would probably be Edy. She's a babe. XD
Nov 23, 2008 11:04 PM

Nov 2007
In terms of usefulness, Marina is hard to top - Alicia, Rosie, and Largo are obviously used more than the other members of their classes, engineers are all the same, but Marina's potentials are pretty clearly superior to all the other snipers.

In terms of character story/background, most of them are pretty boring - Lynn is probably the only one that I actually feel for.

In terms of just being attractive... Freesia.

"You live and learn. At any rate, you live." ~Douglas Adams (RIP)
Dec 6, 2008 11:59 AM

Mar 2008
This is going to be a boring response, but definitely Alicia (does she count as a recruit?). She's an excellent character (movement, and after you get grenade launcher she can pretty much take out camps herself), although Rosie is just plain unstoppable. All of my good characters died in one turn though ;_; Once Selvaria just killed someone her first turn and ran over him the same turn = death...sigh. Damn you Selvaria, but somehow I can't bring myself to hate you.
Dec 10, 2008 8:52 AM

Oct 2006
Alicia is pretty much the closest thing to god in the game, unless you count Selvaria (who's practically a force of nature in the game). I've beaten the game three times so far, and once you unlock all her potentials and several very useful orders (like defense boost, demolition boost and awaken potential) you can waltz through a good portion of the missions with her alone, many of them in one turn.

Anyway, my favorite recruits outside the main cast are:

Lynn (shocktrooper) - the hardworking (double action) potential is infinitely cooler than the double attack that most shocktroopers get, and she's got plenty other ones besides. And since she's a Darcsen it's great to pair her up with Rosie (after you've unlocked her potentials) who I take along on every mission for obvious reasons.

Audrey (lancer) - If you need to take down a tank, Audrey is absurdly useful. Ultimate anti-armor pretty much doubles the damage she does, and she has a personal potential to refill her ammo. I gave her the highest tier royal lance, and she took down the chapter 17 boss, armor and all, in 6 shots without ever aiming for his radiator. She can one-shot a medium tank from the front, and kill most anything else in two. I bring Largo along on missions for the CP, but compared to her he's pretty useless.

Marina (sniper) - definitely one of my favorite characters with respect to personality, and she's awesome if you put her off by herself (which I generally do with snipers). Her ultimate accuracy potential is probably a bit much though, as the yellow circle showing bullet spread turns into a yellow dot. I'm pretty sure she could drive nails at a thousand yards.

I'm also quite fond of Vyse, Hannes, Jane, Wavy, Ted and Nadine, perhaps as much for their personalities as their talents.
Dec 10, 2008 1:08 PM

Sep 2008
I have alot of favorites ^^

Marina - The awesome Sniper chick!
Edy - She's cute ^^ and she has never failed me! I love when she says "thats what you get!" lol i dunno why XD
Mica - Quinton Flynn as VA!
Alicia - she is awesome as well!!^^
Vyse - I love his personality. He's a cool guy
Dallas - She's so cute T.T
Dec 10, 2008 1:15 PM

Jun 2007
Wendy and Marina are my two very favorites. Hard to explain why though ;_;
Dec 10, 2008 2:09 PM

Oct 2006
Wendy? Is she the pacifist scout or am I thinking of the wrong character?
Dec 10, 2008 2:48 PM

Feb 2008
DallasX said:
Marina - The awesome Sniper chick!

Hell yeah. Quiet but awesome
Dec 11, 2008 12:01 AM

Nov 2007
Krelian said:
Audrey (lancer) - If you need to take down a tank, Audrey is absurdly useful. Ultimate anti-armor pretty much doubles the damage she does, and she has a personal potential to refill her ammo. I gave her the highest tier royal lance, and she took down the chapter 17 boss, armor and all, in 6 shots without ever aiming for his radiator. She can one-shot a medium tank from the front, and kill most anything else in two. I bring Largo along on missions for the CP, but compared to her he's pretty useless.

Actually, I'd say that Elysse is a better Lancer in terms of ability, since 3 out of the 4 class potentials she has increases damage against tanks. Audrey's Mooch is a better potential than Elysse's Extra Shot, but neither are anything that you can really count on.

And no, Alicia, Rosie, and Largo aren't recruits. They're quite explicitly referred to as leaders in the game.

"You live and learn. At any rate, you live." ~Douglas Adams (RIP)
Dec 11, 2008 12:53 AM

Oct 2006
Perhaps. I really haven't used Elysse much. But either way, all you need is the awaken potential order and you don't really have to worry too much. Same with Alicia and her Double Movement - it's kinda useless normally, but with awaken potential you have a decent chance of it activating and in conjunction with defense boost and maybe one or two others you can often run her all the way to the enemy base and clean house in a single turn.
Dec 12, 2008 1:54 PM

Jun 2007
Krelian said:

Very off lol, she actually likes the killing and stuff. She's the one in the beanie and warpaint whose a bit crazy.
Dec 12, 2008 2:50 PM

Oct 2006
TallonKarrde23 said:
Krelian said:

Very off lol, she actually likes the killing and stuff. She's the one in the beanie and warpaint whose a bit crazy.

Oh, okay, I remember her now. I always loved her personality and wanted to include her in my squad, but her potentials didn't really measure up to the other shocktroopers I chose.
Dec 14, 2008 4:15 PM

May 2008
Wendy Cheslock, Marina Wulfstan & Jane Turner(IMPS).

Dec 18, 2008 11:42 PM

Apr 2007
Dallas - that cute little dyke. A girl after my own heart. <3
Jan 8, 2009 6:40 PM

Jan 2009
Lynn, Jane and ofcourse Marina... Gotta love Lynn for her charestics, "Sadist", I dunno why but she always has tendency to win almost impossible matches for me. She just keeps ramming trough any defence of enemies. :E
Mar 14, 2009 4:32 PM

Nov 2008
Obviously Alicia. Using her hidden potentials she's one woman army! XD
Best lancer: Elysse (but i didn't use so much Audrey so I don't know her real power)
Best shocktrooper: Lynn
Best sniper: Marina
Best engineer: don't know, they seem all the same. XD
Oh, by the way, Selvaria is a Goddess!
Apr 18, 2009 4:04 AM

Sep 2007
Edy, Jann and Marina.

Edy because she is Edy.

Jann because he looks at tanks and they blow up.

Marina for Ult Accuracy.
Jun 9, 2009 9:59 AM

Jun 2009
Best Scout: Alicia, Ted or Noce
Best Shocktrooper: Rosie or Hannes
Best Lancer: Largo or Walter
Best Engineer: Ramsey
Best Sniper: Marina!
Jun 15, 2009 4:23 PM

Apr 2008
Vyse and Alicia act as my Hammer and Anvil team. The two of them have taken on entire maps worth of footsoldiers and come out on top. Largo makes me laugh everytime his veggie lover potential activates though.
Jun 25, 2009 3:30 AM

May 2009
Herbert!!!

hes funny but useless XD
Jul 7, 2009 12:52 PM
Jul 2008
Edy Nelson!!!! (hope there is more time for her later in the series)

Alicia (but still prefer Edy!)
Jul 18, 2009 5:01 PM

Oct 2008
crimson: if you don't have a PS3 you're missing out cuz the game has a DLC add-on focused around Eddy.

I liked Alex for most of the missions, but after getting Lynn I hardly get to use alex because I usually have only 2-3 and sometimes 4 shocktroopers max for the last couple missions.
Jul 28, 2009 7:29 AM

Aug 2008
BusterMachine0 said:

Edy because she is Edy.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.
Jul 31, 2009 8:26 AM

Oct 2007
I like Edy and Cherry alot, they both sound nice in their own way, especially cherry's rosie lover ability :P
Aug 12, 2009 7:53 AM

Jun 2009
I love Wendy, she's a real psycho and she always kills them quickly!!!
Aug 13, 2009 6:34 AM
Apr 2008
Vyse and Aika.
Skies of Arcadia, need I say more?
Aug 15, 2009 5:28 AM
May 2008
Krelian said:
TallonKarrde23 said:
Krelian said:

Oh, okay, I remember her now. I always loved her personality and wanted to include her in my squad, but her potentials didn't really measure up to the other shocktroopers I chose.

Potentials or not, I always include Wendy in my recruits and use her as my main shocktrooper in almost every chapter, purely for the fact that she's attractive in a somewhat submissive yet homicidal way.

BusterMachine0 said:

Marina for Ult Accuracy.

Marina with Ultimate Acc. is sexy, while Jann himself is just sex.
Aug 29, 2009 7:40 PM

Feb 2009
Marina for trolling imperial soldiers.
Aug 31, 2009 3:50 PM
Aug 2009
Choosing from the secondary characters (because of course Alicia, Rosie and Largo are awesome), I'd have to go with Edy.
Sep 26, 2009 1:20 PM

Jun 2009
Clearly the best recruit is Ted Ustinov. He laughs in the face of danger, because to him the enemy is nothing! He sees your punchline coming from a mile away. And it takes a man with real guts to say "Hi I'm Ted!" while he blows a hole in your face.
Sep 27, 2009 10:25 AM

Jan 2008
Marina because she's cute and an awesome sniper, Wavy because he simply looks cool and Freesia because she's also cute =P.
Oct 6, 2009 12:35 PM
Jul 2018
Vyse, Marina, and Homer are pretty cool, but I'd have to say Wendy takes the cake.

"Heh heh...kaboom."
Oct 9, 2009 6:44 AM

Jul 2009
Vyse, Jane and Edy
Dec 28, 2009 3:09 PM

Aug 2009
Wendy, followed by Dallas, Herbert, & Jane
ChapsTheDuderDec 29, 2009 4:34 PM
Jan 2, 2010 3:55 PM

Apr 2009
Jane and Cherry are my 2 I like relying on
Mar 20, 2010 1:56 PM

Jul 2009
Scout:
-Freesia (whenever needed incredible aim and evade)
Shocktrooper:
-Vyse (love his challenge ouiiiiii xD and his laugh while attacking)
-Jane (giving me the chills)
Lancer:
-Hector (He's a real man and dmg win)
Engineer:
-none xD
Sniper:
-Cezary (I don't really know why, but i would miss him in my squad)
-Marina (no explanaiton necessary)
-Catherine (just pure sympathy)
Even if our opinions differ, you are awesome!
Apr 14, 2010 1:25 PM

Sep 2009
Edy, Jann or Homer.

I love Edy because she's hot, she has grey/silver hair (I'm a sucker for grey/silver hair) and she talks as though she's all that.

Jann, because he's Jann, do I even need to elaborate?

Homer, because he's such a pretty pretty masochist. I just love his joy at every little slap Edy gives him and how can you not like someone who will stop in a hail of bullets to yell out "woe is me" while sliding their hands down their body in a fit of passionate glee.
May 10, 2010 7:28 PM

Nov 2009
Edy, Marina, or Hector.
Aug 30, 2010 4:44 PM

May 2010
For snipers, I always use Marina, as the ultimate accuracy and penetration ability ensures that it will always be a one hit kill

lancers-Audrey, constant mooch abilities allow me to deal more damage to tanks

engineers- I don't even know

shocktroopers- vyse,lynn or edy

scouts- mussad(is that how you spell it?)
Aug 29, 2011 6:31 PM
Aug 2011
Edy - Cause she's Cute! >,<
Marina - Cool and Super Accuracy
Mar 16, 2012 2:58 PM

Oct 2008
Marina Wulfstan without hesitation!
Marluxia is classy..Classy as FUCK!
Sep 5, 2015 1:36 PM

Feb 2012
1: Marina, Vyse, Jann (say what you say, he's good)

2: Alexis (Fencer Elite), Melissa (Sniper Elite), Reiner (Lancer Elite), Anisette (the "cuter Edy", Commando), Mischlitt (the sole Mauler, whoo)

3: Annika (Trooper), Serge (Sniper, with AT is the bane of steel boxes), Felix (Trooper), Amy (Scout)
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Poll: » English or Japanese Voices? ( 1 2 )

gokieks - Nov 16, 2008

62 by Dead-Endd »»
Sep 25, 2015 3:34 PM

Poll: » Alicia vs. Selvaria ( 1 2 )

Arbel - Nov 13, 2008

73 by mecharobot »»
Sep 5, 2015 1:11 PM

» Valkyria Chronicles is coming to PC!

srwgfan - Nov 10, 2014

9 by TheRealDeal51 »»
Jan 17, 2015 9:30 AM

» Welkin or Faldio which one would you marry ?

Airitoizzy - Jul 22, 2009

23 by Tsuyoi »»
Aug 2, 2011 2:33 AM

» Valkyria Chronicles Anime

De-JaY - Nov 12, 2008

47 by Qiruama »»
Apr 10, 2010 4:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.