Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 18, 2012 6:27 AM

Aug 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Watched the english dub on CW, I honestly prefer the Japanese since Ash/Satoshi and the swords of justice trio seemed rather...static... actually everyone was generally static rofl but anyways enough dub vs. sub bashing

Keldeo was the real main character this time around whilst the trio were pretty much support. We go through the typical MC/Hero's cycle with Keldeo finding his resolute forme. But the ending was rather unexpected lol, I guess Kyurem isn't all bad at all trolololol Love that scene with the Musketeers oath and Keldeo's resolute forme

But I feel like they could do more and lengthen the movie because it felt rather rushed though all's well that ends well I guess

7-8/10 for me, If I'm not super biased for pokemon and Keldeo, I would've given this a 5-6 >_>; not the best pokemon movie but still enjoyable
Did I mention how awesome Keldeo is especially with those booster water jet thing from his hoofs (and the fact that the english VA is FMA's Edward Elric) LOL
Dec 21, 2012 6:41 PM

Jul 2008
I agree it was way to short. I feel there was so much they could've done then what we got in the end. I feel like this movie was a better version of movie 11 with Shaymin. I love Pokemon but I was surprised the voice actor of Edward Elric played Keldeo, like really surprised.

I gave the film a 7/10 only because there was so much more you could do, but I agree all around enjoyable especially for a Pokemon fan.
Jan 16, 2013 5:12 AM

Mar 2011
I quite liked this movie. It was nice to see another character have more of a main role and not just have Ash as the hero again.

I watched the dub which was ok I guess for what it was, but god I still cannot stand Iris and Ciren, so so annoying. "I am a lunch box connoisseur!", really??
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Jan 17, 2013 4:49 PM

Sep 2008
well, sorta similar to the shamin movie, but still nice, i liked how kerdio looks in his second form, kinda cool and fresh, i want one of those in my party

and yeah, in japanese sounds way better than in english

wow...15 movies, just how old is this show, i remember watching the 1st one in theathers when i was like 7 or so, good ol´ pokemon =)
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Feb 16, 2013 4:51 PM

Aug 2007
Average pokémon movie. I saw this becouse I want to see Black/white kyurem
Jul 4, 2013 9:14 PM

Mar 2013
It was a good movie. I'd give it an 8/10.
What surprised me (and pretty much everyone else) is that the legendary Vic Mignogna voiced Keldeo. Not saying it sucked (it made him sound all the more cute) But I wonder how he sounds in Japanese.
As for Kyurem... Well, his voice pretty much fit him. Made him sound dangerous and badass.

"Even when our eyes are closed, there's a whole world out there that lives outside ourselves and our dreams."
Oct 24, 2013 5:07 PM

Apr 2010
My favorite part of the movie?

That Scraggy during the opening scenes. He was the most adorable thing in this movie. I think I would watch a show dedicated to him.

Also, Kyurem was pretty great.
Nov 14, 2013 5:55 PM
Jan 2011
Keldeo = Throwin a bone to all the Bronies out there. Movie was decent if a bit cliched, but the main issue I had with it was the fact that all of this could have been put into 1 or 2 episodes with very little lost. Darumaka boxed lunch, gimme a break!
Feb 19, 2014 1:22 AM

Jul 2008
I only gave it a 5/10, main reason being that it felt way too short for a movie. Kyurem was an absolute monster. Keldeo was cute and having Vic voice him was an extra bonus. However the movie lacked something, might be because of the length but oh well.
Jan 15, 2015 5:54 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I only watched the movie for Kyurem. His different forms were quite interesting. Personally, I like his white form better, design wise. Kyurem was showing why it's one of the strongest dragons, constantly changing forms. Keldeo didn't stand a chance in the first attempt but once he challenged him again then he was able to hold his own.

For a movie there wasn't much story. Keldeo runs away to challenge Keldeo, he loses, his friends get frozen and he runs away. Ash help him return and challenges him again. Keldeo becomes Sword of Justice afterward.

That's it?

Things that I didn't like:

- Really? Ash told Scraggy to jump toward him in the train scene. Snivy uses Vine Whip to catch Scraggy. Ok, WHY NOT CALL BACK THE POKEMON WITH THE POKEBALL.

- Ash and friends steal a blimp. o.o
There's no security in the building?

Oct 28, 2015 2:25 PM

Oct 2009
It felt like I watched an hour long fight with some Ash and the gang thrown in.
Nov 8, 2016 2:02 PM

Jul 2013
It was really awesome!

It was quite short though.

Kyurem having three forms was kind of confusing, I didn’t really get it :/

I know Shaymin had 2 forms though in that movie and so does Kaldeo who more in his second form looks like a My Little Pony and became that way because “friendship is magic” seriously though, maybe they stole the idea from it lol. As friendship made him change in to a stronger version, he looked more different than the others who just grew horns.

The fight between Kaldeo and Kyurem was pretty awesome though.

Keldeo voiced by Vic Mignogna too! very nice. I knew I recognised it but didn’t realise it was him lol.

It was nice when Ash and the gang (of which I never saw the series but did see another movie with them in) joined them.

I liked the songs in the dub too.

It would have been nice to see Team Rocket, we saw like one clip of each separately in macs and then one at the end of them in a car (where’d they get that? lol) trying to push it up some hill for some reason.
Aug 8, 2017 4:50 PM

Jul 2012
I haven't watched Pokemon movies in a long time. I found this one rather disappointing. The characters are so uninteresting. I'd rather see more stuff with the legendary rather than the swords of justice. Keldeo is an annoying MC to watch.

Aurorae said:
It felt like I watched an hour long fight with some Ash and the gang thrown in.
LOL this. I didn't watch it in one go because it was really boring. I broke it up into 4+ watches.
Feb 3, 2018 7:11 PM

Mar 2013
I think this is the worst Pokemon movie I've ever watched. Though I'm really glad to see Kyurem in this movie. I still think the previous movie was better than this one.
"Isn't Victini the cutest Pokemon of all time?"
May 25, 2020 6:11 PM

Jan 2013
positives:
• short and simple story
• no pokemon or Ash almost died
• no complicated world ending catastrophe

negatives:
• felt Ash and friends really wasnt needed and coulda done better if Keldeo had guidance from someone else like a pokemon
• the overused pokemon movie trope of having pokemon talk...this time with 5!
• even though they were pretty much useless in the movies, relegating Team Rocket as the “Where’s Waldo” traveling background characters feels off
Feb 14, 2021 5:50 PM

May 2008
I'm not sure how to feel about this movie. The whole Kelado story is average, but what's really the point of the humans? I think it's their inclusion that made the movie feel 'off'. Because, what did any of them do that couldn't have been done with pokemon friends other than use human technology?

I'm 95% sure the only reason for the city and Satoshi-tachi is to show off cinematic scenes they'll later use in the future movies because a LOT of these shots happen in the Hoopa movie. Hmm, maybe that's also it -- this movie feels like a test run for Hoopa's movie.

And it IS weird to have Rocket Gang not influence the events, at all. Why even have them in? Are they contractually obligated to be in every movie?

Another thing I couldn't get over is having Gintama's Hasegawa as Kyurem. His middle-aged man voice in a pokemon is too weird and I didn't like it. xD

So yeah, if not for the humans, it'd be average. It's a little below that with them. It'd be nice to have a movie without any humans if they don't hold much purpose.
Nov 20, 2021 4:28 PM

Sep 2017
So the movie was okay. i did like the fight scenes and the kyurem transformations. it's lacking something though. Maybe if they can (= They won't=) follow up to this movie and give keldeo a bigger role to do heroic stuff, that would be cool.
Ash really didn't do anything except heal up keldeos wounds and maybe give him a boost in confidence . okay . The Trio main were just backgrounds. Their swords were pretty cool in animation. all shiny and pretty awesome.
i like how they barged in kyurems house and wrecked it's home and left.

Kyurem: "heyy my house!!!!! NOO! " (when the buldings collapsed)

So like did Kyurem aborsed Reshiram / Zekrom?
(in games you need to fuse them but not sure in anime. how does it do that)

Nov 20, 2021 4:34 PM

Sep 2017
Sakarii said:

I'm 95% sure the only reason for the city and Satoshi-tachi is to show off cinematic scenes they'll later use in the future movies because a LOT of these shots happen in the Hoopa movie. Hmm, maybe that's also it -- this movie feels like a test run for Hoopa's movie.

And it IS weird to have Rocket Gang not influence the events, at all. Why even have them in? Are they contractually obligated to be in every movie?

Hoopa didn't exist back then. Not yet. Doubt it was planned for a test run for hoopa movie. The writers didnt even know a hoopa existed.

and yeah Mandatory Rocket in movies just like the other movies. (to let you know they exist and are there. (no reason)
Nov 29, 2021 5:37 AM

May 2008
vv1 said:
Hoopa didn't exist back then. Not yet. Doubt it was planned for a test run for hoopa movie. The writers didnt even know a hoopa existed.

and yeah Mandatory Rocket in movies just like the other movies. (to let you know they exist and are there. (no reason)

Ahh, okay. I guess it's just recycled material.
Oct 30, 2022 2:45 PM

Nov 2012
good movie and a step up from the last one with Victini imo.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Apr 15, 2023 11:54 PM

Sep 2021
the animation was great in this
was a good one
May 19, 2023 2:10 AM
Apr 2022
Show Rate Meter Guide  - (5 Great _ 4 Good _ 3 Fine _ 2 Not Good _ 1 Bad).(dismal are sometimes needed)
[Story] - 2.5
[Art/Animation] - 3.5
[Sound/Music] - 3
[M-Character] - 3
[S-Character] - 2
[Enjoyment] - 2.5
[Overall] - 2.5
Wow this film was a let down, I'm having a hard time calling this a movie more of a special about Keldeo. The story was not that interesting at all, I was just watching Kyurem chasseing every one around trying to find Keldeo. The Sword of Justice, they attacked kyurem in his house and wrecked it's home and left, I will be pissed off too. The only thing Ash did in this Film was give courage[font="\"Google Sans\", Roboto-medium, arial, sans-serif-medium, sans-serif"] to Keldeo,[/font] Iris and Dent playing a game of Hot potato with Kyurem really... Iris stole a hot air balloon, well no one really needed it the city looked lifeless anyways. The city they were in seemed dead and lifeless and also the mine nothing really around any of these place's. The only time it seemed interesting was when they were being attacked on the train ride to the city. The train was the only time spent were it felt like a movie quality experience, there was more interaction with people and Pokémon during the trip to the city. Malin the vendor they meet at the Station was the only normal conversation they had and Nurse Joy who help Keldeo in the city. The "Elder" Matriarch from Iris Village with a bit of backstory about Kyurem that about it for supporting characters. The animation was a bit of less quality then the last film and the music was the only fine thing of the film. The Sword of Justice were just wrack, Keldeo was the only one I liked among all four of them.         
CcCharlesMay 19, 2023 2:41 AM
Dec 26, 2023 12:31 PM

Jan 2013
Very uninteresting movie.
The story was as bland as it gets and I just didn't care for Keldeo or it's "Swords of Justice" gang.
The art style also felt like a step down and surprisingly a very short run time.
Sadly this is is a 5/10 from me. - The lowest rated Pokemon movie for me.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.