Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 16, 2012 3:44 PM

Nov 2012
until Tyrone and his crew feel like breaking into and robbing your house, killing your kids, and raping your wife. All the while you can't do a damn thing because the libs in DC thought taking away law-abiding citizens best source of protection was a good idea.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 16, 2012 3:55 PM

Jul 2012
Something bad happens and the people cry out to the government for safety which responds by taking rights away from good people.

blahblahblah I'm Libertarian.
Dec 16, 2012 4:01 PM

Nov 2008
Do what your grandma or grandpa would do and hide a gun where only you will find it and screw D.C.

Dec 16, 2012 4:07 PM

Mar 2011
Hoppy said:
Do what your grandma or grandpa would do and hide a gun where only you will find it and screw D.C.
What Hoppy said..
"In the end the World really doesn't need a Superman. Just a Brave one"
Dec 16, 2012 4:29 PM

Jun 2010
SSJgoku91 said:
until Tyrone and his crew feel like breaking into and robbing your house, killing your kids, and raping your wife. All the while you can't do a damn thing because the libs in DC thought taking away law-abiding citizens best source of protection was a good idea.
I lol'd.

Very true.
Dec 16, 2012 4:36 PM

Jun 2008
SSJgoku91 said:

Not sure if utterly stupid or part of the NRA loving, gun-hugging ignorance that only makes the U.S even more pathetic than it already is.
Dec 16, 2012 4:37 PM

Sep 2012
SSJgoku91 said:
I'm actually part of Tyrone's crew. I'll have you know that we do charity community work, and Tyrone himself is a chairman for the county's beautification committee.

How dare you.
Dec 16, 2012 4:43 PM

Sep 2011
That's racist. Why can't it be Kevin or something?
^_^
Dec 16, 2012 4:45 PM

Jun 2012
Comogury said:
Because Kevin and his crew doesn't sound intimidating in the least.
Dec 16, 2012 4:46 PM

Sep 2012
Comogury said:
You're the racist one for assuming certain names pertain exclusively to certain races.
Dec 16, 2012 4:47 PM

Mar 2011
We haven't had one of these threads in a while.

I haven't missed them.
Dec 16, 2012 4:50 PM

Dec 2010
InfiniteRyvius said:

I haven't missed them.

Hi Infinite.

I'm looking forward to this. I wonder if they'll get as butthurt as last time? That'd be pretty funny.
Dec 16, 2012 4:52 PM

Oct 2012
The thing is places with open carry don't have lower crime rates. Surprise.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Dec 16, 2012 4:55 PM

Mar 2011
Lauriet said:
InfiniteRyvius said:

I haven't missed them.

Hi Infinite.

I'm looking forward to this. I wonder if they'll get as butthurt as last time? That'd be pretty funny.

I think everyone will get offended and be upset, and we shall all enter into depression.

Gun control is good, however in a country where guns are already in the system, you can't just go "Okay, no guns now". It would take a very determined effort by the government to implement guns control effectively, and it would take a decade.

Basically, gun control is best when you weren't stupid enough to not have it in the first place.
Dec 16, 2012 4:59 PM

Sep 2011
Red_Keys said:
Comogury said:
You're the racist one for assuming certain names pertain exclusively to certain races.

Is it racist to assume someone with the last name Li is Chinese?
^_^
Dec 16, 2012 5:02 PM

Oct 2011
SSJgoku91 said:

Wasn't there a weapon that humans used for centuries before guns?What was it called?...........................Oh yes!A FUCKING SWORD!

Maybe this unlucky Steve should have looked for an alternative form of defense, trained his family in the art of karate or some form of martial arts & got himself a guard dog instead of not preparing for the possiblity & end up crying victim to the government.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Dec 16, 2012 5:02 PM
Nov 2012
Comogury said:
Red_Keys said:
Comogury said:

Just like Yamada is a European name, and Muhammed is a Scandinavian name.

«War is a hostile takeover of nations, coated in sugary religiosity and fiery terms of "right" and "wrong" from people who use faith as a mean of coercion and a tool of capitulation.» - Sacrophagus
Dec 16, 2012 5:09 PM

Mar 2011
Comogury said:
Red_Keys said:
Comogury said:

It's not racist, you're simply making a generalization, one that is actually pretty accurate.
Dec 16, 2012 5:12 PM

Apr 2007
Red_Keys said:
Comogury said:

Nailed it
Dec 16, 2012 5:18 PM

Oct 2012
Kuradachi said:
Red_Keys said:
Comogury said:

Nailed it
Fingernails, maybe.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Dec 16, 2012 5:21 PM

Jun 2008
Who cares if there's a racist angle or not.

The OP is wrong for believing that more gun control would bring about extremist shit such as the one he posted.
Dec 16, 2012 5:31 PM

Oct 2012
JeddyVII said:
SSJgoku91 said:

Wasn't there a weapon that humans used for centuries before guns?What was it called?...........................Oh yes!A FUCKING SWORD!

Maybe this unlucky Steve should have looked for an alternative form of defense, trained his family in the art of karate or some form of martial arts & got himself a guard dog instead of not preparing for the possiblity & end up crying victim to the government.

completely agree a gun is often a false sense of security unless its on you all the time 24/7 and loaded. if you are concerned about your kids getting killed by a robber get a fucking security system much better than a gun that are actually more likely to be used against you or your family
Dec 16, 2012 5:32 PM

Feb 2005
Gun control doesn't mean shit anyways, seriously people.
If no one can have guns, the criminals and crazies still get them, if everyone can have them, the criminals and crazies still have them. Almost every gun related crime in the US is committed with illegal firearms anyways last time I checked.
It's just a pointless waste of time that the politicians like to throw about to make it seem like they are engaged and opinionated.
theglack said:
completely agree a gun is often a false sense of security unless its on you all the time 24/7 and loaded. if you are concerned about your kids getting killed by a robber get a fucking security system much better than a gun that are actually more likely to be used against you or your family
Yea, a security system is definitely not a false security, it's not like the criminals can just waltz in, do their business and disappear before anyone shows up.
Dec 16, 2012 5:34 PM

Nov 2012
theglack said:
JeddyVII said:
SSJgoku91 said:

Which is why you should have a gun on you 24/7 and loaded.

Security system? Pointless. Even if you live in town the perps could be done and gone long before any police arrive.
Dec 16, 2012 5:41 PM

Jun 2011
Pretty much proves that if criminals want a firearm or any weapon bad enough, they will eventually get it or make it.

Dec 16, 2012 5:54 PM

Aug 2009
SSJgoku91 said:

One of the things that always puzzle me is that a lot of the same people who distrust their government somehow trust that enough to let them disarm the population.
Dec 16, 2012 5:59 PM

Oct 2012
ezikialrage said:
SSJgoku91 said:

One of the things that always puzzle me is that a lot of the same people who distrust their government somehow trust that enough to let them disarm the population.
You cannot fight the government with just guns in this day and age.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Dec 16, 2012 6:10 PM

Mar 2011
SSJgoku91 said:
theglack said:
JeddyVII said:
SSJgoku91 said:

Security system? Pointless. Even if you live in town the perps could be done and gone long before any police arrive.

If you could have it so that gun control in America was like that in England, would that be alright?

For the record, England has a very limited number of guns in circulation, and the amount of gun crime in the UK is 10,000 times less. Most civilians do not have guns, but neither do most of criminals.
Dec 16, 2012 6:24 PM

Nov 2011
SSJgoku91 said:
theglack said:
JeddyVII said:
SSJgoku91 said:

That sounds like a very depressing way to live
Dec 16, 2012 6:28 PM

Nov 2012
InfiniteRyvius said:
SSJgoku91 said:
theglack said:
JeddyVII said:
SSJgoku91 said:

If you could have it so that gun control in America was like that in England, would that be alright?

For the record, England has a very limited number of guns in circulation, and the amount of gun crime in the UK is 10,000 times less. Most civilians do not have guns, but neither do most of criminals.

Guns or no guns, your country is bound to have a lower crime rate. Our country is much more diverse, and with a large portion of our population following the "thug lifestyle", violent crime is bound to happen.

What besides a gun can put an 80 year old grandmother on equal footing with a 300 pound gangbanger? What can a man do to protect his family when 10 thugs show up at his door with no good intentions in mind? And while gun crime may be low in your country, it's worth pointing out that homicides actually went up following gun control laws

Now tell me guys, if you were a mass shooter looking to rack up as many kills as possible, which would you rather choose as your target

a) A gun show
b) A "safe" "gun-free zone" such as a school
Dec 16, 2012 6:31 PM

Nov 2012
Sukha said:

You're right, no need to bother since the chances of actually being attacked or robbed are pretty low. Might as well stop wearing my seatbelt while I'm at it, since I'll probably never be in a car wreck either.
Dec 16, 2012 6:31 PM

Sep 2011
Red_Keys said:
Comogury said:
oh bull that doesnt have to do with race watch

Hecter threatens to find you, slit your throat, let you bleed slowly, and laugh while doing so

now replace hecter with leopold, it does not have the same signifigance

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 16, 2012 6:33 PM

Sep 2011
JustALEX said:
SSJgoku91 said:

Not sure if utterly stupid or part of the NRA loving, gun-hugging ignorance that only makes the U.S even more pathetic than it already is.
Ok it doesnt matter what side your on whether it be the anti america or pro america and even that movement of dumbasses that live in said country trying to be edgy by downing it despite them being to chickenshit to actually leave said country cause they realize they dont actually want to go anywhere else and just want attention side or whatever the fuck you are on

If you see any of these nations as any more than a bunch of rocks surrounded by water which you just so happened to fling out of a vagina into by coincidence then you a bumbling fool brainwashed by nationalism, and if you think that any of these rocks are more negative or positive than the other then you are brainwashed beyond saving. Thinking negatively of the people upon these rocks is quite literally the dumbest thing you can do in this situation, hating the governments behind them can be somewhat understandable if you don't be a dumbass about it and keep the complaints realistic then that is the 1 excusable thing you can do

I'm sorry to tell you that you have broken basically all of these and should really just take a look at your surroundings before you relapse yourself even further into nationalism BS until you cant escape and become a mindless drone seeing rocks as something more.
JizzyHitlerDec 16, 2012 6:40 PM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 16, 2012 6:39 PM

Jun 2008
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
JustALEX said:
SSJgoku91 said:

Ok it doesnt matter what side your on whether it be the anti america or pro america side or whatever the fuck,

If you see any of these nations as any more than a bunch of rocks surrounded by water which you just so happened to fling out of a vagina into by coincidence then you a bumbling fool brainwashed by nationalism

I can assure you my post is not based on any nationalism whatsoever.

I can give 2 shits about how "great" America is or not.

The point is that the U.S is indeed a pathetic country.

And groups like the NRA only care about money and if it means that the U.S remains as the leader (in terms of first world countries) in gun related violence....so be it.

I will admit that in the past I was a flag waving buffoon, but that quickly changed when I finally opened my mind and decided to question everything around me.
Dec 16, 2012 6:40 PM

Sep 2011
JustALEX said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
JustALEX said:
SSJgoku91 said:

Ok it doesnt matter what side your on whether it be the anti america or pro america side or whatever the fuck,

If you see any of these nations as any more than a bunch of rocks surrounded by water which you just so happened to fling out of a vagina into by coincidence then you a bumbling fool brainwashed by nationalism

I can assure you my post is not based on any nationalism whatsoever.

I can give 2 shits about how "great" America is or not.

The point is that the U.S is indeed a pathetic country.

And groups like the NRA only care about money and if it means that the U.S remains as the leader (in terms of first world countries) in gun related violence....so be it.

I will admit that in the past I was a flag waving buffoon, but that quickly changed when I finally opened my mind and decided to question everything around me.
Thank you for proving my point that you are indeed brainwashed and/or are one of those dipshits that downs their own country trying to be edgy yet being to chickenshit to actually leave said country, either way you need to wake the fuck up and see the world for what it really it, literally what it is, a bunch of rocks and water with little parasites we call humans as well as other creatures eating away at it. There is nothing more to it than that. No 2 rocks on this wreck we call earth are any better and all share problems that can not be fixed due to our flawed logic and ignorance.

Also might i mention the irony of how you described religion in other threads yet you are doing the exact same thing with large rocks
JizzyHitlerDec 16, 2012 6:47 PM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 16, 2012 6:48 PM

Jun 2009
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
trying to be edgy

DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
literally what it is, a bunch of rocks and water with little parasites we call humans

lol
Dec 16, 2012 6:49 PM

Sep 2011
Trapalicious said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
trying to be edgy

literally what it is, a bunch of rocks and water with little parasites we call humans

lol
lol didnt notice that. Though to be fair i never did claim i wasnt trying to be edgy :p......did i just use an emoticon OH GOD WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 16, 2012 6:51 PM

Jun 2008
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Thank you for proving my point that you are indeed brainwashed and/or are one of those dipshits that downs their own country trying to be edgy yet being to chickenshit to actually leave said country, either way you need to wake the fuck up and see the world for what it really it, literally what it is, a bunch of rocks and water with little parasites we call humans as well as other creatures eating away at it. There is nothing more to it than that.

Also might i mention the irony of how you described religion in other threads yet you are doing the exact same thing with large rocks

I fail to see your point anywhere.

I didn't respond to you to be edgy or to comply or anything.

What I said is what I believe and I usually do not lie or troll about such situations.

"to chikenshit to actually leave said country"? how exactly would I do that?

You do realize the utter stupidity in even stating such nonsense?

As if it were so fucking easy to walk out of the country and start a new life in a foreign country.

I don't need to "wake up" to anything, I can think for myself without the help of you using nonsense assumptions on a post you have clearly misunderstood.

You have disappointed me!
Dec 16, 2012 7:01 PM

Oct 2012
SSJgoku91 said:

Guns or no guns, your country is bound to have a lower crime rate. Our country is much more diverse, and with a large portion of our population following the "thug lifestyle", violent crime is bound to happen.
Tupac, who died in 1996, was instrumental in getting people to sign into the Code of Thug Life, which included tenets such as:

4. Crew leader and posse should select a diplomat, and should work ways to settle disputes. In unity, there is strength!

5. Car jacking in our Hood is against the Code.

6. Slinging to children is against the Code.

7. Having children slinging is against the Code.

8. No slinging in schools.

12. No slinging to pregnant Sisters. That’s baby killing; that’s genocide!

13. Know your target, who’s the real enemy.

14. Civilians are not a target and should be spared.

15. Harm to children will not be forgiven.

Tell me though, where's the "large portion of our population" following the thug lifestyle? Show us the statistics, if you have any. Or do you just see any guy in street wear and a bandana and assume he's a thug?
THE CHAT CLUB.
Dec 16, 2012 7:01 PM

Mar 2011
SSJgoku91 said:

What besides a gun can put an 80 year old grandmother on equal footing with a 300 pound gangbanger? What can a man do to protect his family when 10 thugs show up at his door with no good intentions in mind? And while gun crime may be low in your country, it's worth pointing out that homicides actually went up following gun control laws

Now tell me guys, if you were a mass shooter looking to rack up as many kills as possible, which would you rather choose as your target

a) A gun show
b) A "safe" "gun-free zone" such as a school

That thug lifestyle you mention, do you perhaps have an inkling of how it came about? Organized crime became a big thing in America when they banned alcohol I believe, however the complete lack of gun control gave these organizations so much power, power that they just couldn't have in a gun free zone.

A gun may be able to put a grandmother on the same level as a muscular man, and yes, it can be used by people to protect themselves. But the way I see it, you're looking at it wrong.

You are looking at it from the view of the rights of the individual. Each individual has the right to have a gun to defend themselves. However, consider for a moment the rights of society. When someone has a gun, they can kill someone easily and are more likely to try because of that. Bad people get guns because they are in circulation. They use the guns to commit crimes, which go way out or proportion leading to a higher percentage of cases with casualties/death because guns are so deadly. You say the grandmother may have a gun, but the criminal breaking in definitely will. Society has the right to strip criminals of these dangerous weapons. We (the EU) looks at the killings due to the availability of guns and so says "we shouldn't have gun available", America says "Someone should be able to defend themselves from a gun crime with a gun".

One clearly works better. You say gang culture, but a 10,000 times difference in gun crime between the two cannot simply be down to culture.

Also, on the graph you provided, a correlation does not mean causation. Some guy died just before the spike in crime, does that mean his death caused an increased crime rate? I don't think so. Besides, if you look at the graph up to date (i.e. including most recent half decade) then you'll see the crime rate has lowered. Also I'd like to note the severity of the crimes compared to those in the US is small.
Dec 16, 2012 7:05 PM

Sep 2011
JustALEX said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Thank you for proving my point that you are indeed brainwashed and/or are one of those dipshits that downs their own country trying to be edgy yet being to chickenshit to actually leave said country, either way you need to wake the fuck up and see the world for what it really it, literally what it is, a bunch of rocks and water with little parasites we call humans as well as other creatures eating away at it. There is nothing more to it than that.

I fail to see your point anywhere.

I didn't respond to you to be edgy or to comply or anything.

What I said is what I believe and I usually do not lie or troll about such situations.

"to chikenshit to actually leave said country"? how exactly would I do that?

You do realize the utter stupidity in even stating such nonsense?

As if it were so fucking easy to walk out of the country and start a new life in a foreign country.

I don't need to "wake up" to anything, I can think for myself without the help of you using nonsense assumptions on a post you have clearly misunderstood.

You have disappointed me!
You keep bitching about how the country is pathetic and all that crap yet you still live there like a dumbass, you dont actually think that you just want attention, if you actually believed ANYTHING you said the first thing you would do is get the fuck out of there unless you are masochistic beyond belief or under the age of 18 which then you dont even know remotely what your talking about as you are to young to actually realize what is going on in the world. You jsut want people to look at you and go "Oh wow you are so smart and edgy, you go" when in reality you are just making a fool of yourself and only impressing other fools that are ignorant enough to believe the stuff you are spouting off about

As i have already said in my first comment, you are beyond saving as you have fit all the criteria of a man's mind ruined by the plague known as nationalism whether it be blind support or blind hate, youre still blind regardless. its sad to see what brainwashing can truly do to a human being. Continue trashing a rock that you wont actually ever leave cause secretly you dont want to leave cause if you were smart you would know other places arent much better and dont actually want to leave the life you set up for yourself behind

Also nice try trying avert the topic at hand(well topic of this conversation not the actual thread) you are using the same tactic as those chickenshits in the should gays be allowed to adopt thread

Im not going to end this conversation with some insult trying to hurt your feelings or any other shallow attempts of a fleeting argument, so ill end it with this

I sincerely and from the bottom of my heart hope one day, hopefully soon, that you will get help or help yourself out of this. You are sick in the head, not in the insulting way but people have corrupted your mind while its defenses were down and now its been messed up. Sometimes we need to take a step back and just look at ourselves and the envirement we are in for what they really are. Until that day comes where you can do so then this conversation is over,We are all brianwashed and it truly is up to us to step out of it and see what the world really is and i hope you can do so too before its too late. good luck and farewell(for now, its a public forum for crying out loud) sincerely Jacob hill, yes thats my actual name if you really want to tell how serious i am with this, whether you see this as a me pretending to be the higher man or as it actual is as a sincere hope for you to get better is up to you.
JizzyHitlerDec 16, 2012 7:09 PM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 16, 2012 7:09 PM

Oct 2012
SSJgoku91 said:

Why don't you tell the whole story? (Homicide at 30-year lows in England and Wales)

Notice the fine print on the bottom says 2002/03 includes 172 victims included in the Harold Shipman case? Did you really think that gun control really had an effect on a serial killer that mainly targeted unsuspecting women?
THE CHAT CLUB.
Dec 16, 2012 7:11 PM

Jun 2008
@DJ You are arguing on extreme principles.

Never in any post have I stated that the U.S is an insufferable country which I hate.

You also keep basing your posts on assumptions which are not there.

The majority of your post is drivel which I have no idea what I said to actually incur such a response.

I'm not going to go tit for tat with you.

You have misunderstood my comments, and maybe I have done the same too.....regardless, you're basically throwing out shit which I have never implied nor do I subscribe to.

Dude, seriously, what the fuck?
Dec 16, 2012 7:31 PM

Nov 2011
SSJgoku91 said:
Sukha said:

You're right, no need to bother since the chances of actually being attacked or robbed are pretty low. Might as well stop wearing my seatbelt while I'm at it, since I'll probably never be in a car wreck either.

You are too paranoid ^^ I don't think my country it's safer than yours and between 7 am and 10 pm I know I can be outside without any worries. If I'm out at 3 am I drive to where I want to go and that's it. At home I just lock the door before going to sleep, no one has ever tried to get in my house but if someone tries to get in I know the alarm will sound really loud and the security will come while my neighbors call the police ^^
Dec 16, 2012 7:36 PM

Nov 2012
InfiniteRyvius said:

That thug lifestyle you mention, do you perhaps have an inkling of how it came about?
Organized crime became a big thing in America when they banned alcohol I believe, however the complete lack of gun control gave these organizations so much power, power that they just couldn't have in a gun free zone.

A gun may be able to put a grandmother on the same level as a muscular man, and yes, it can be used by people to protect themselves. But the way I see it, you're looking at it wrong.

You are looking at it from the view of the rights of the individual. Each individual has the right to have a gun to defend themselves. However, consider for a moment the rights of society. When someone has a gun, they can kill someone easily and are more likely to try because of that. Bad people get guns because they are in circulation. They use the guns to commit crimes, which go way out or proportion leading to a higher percentage of cases with casualties/death because guns are so deadly. You say the grandmother may have a gun, but the criminal breaking in definitely will. Society has the right to strip criminals of these dangerous weapons. We (the EU) looks at the killings due to the availability of guns and so says "we shouldn't have gun available", America says "Someone should be able to defend themselves from a gun crime with a gun".

One clearly works better. You say gang culture, but a 10,000 times difference in gun crime between the two cannot simply be down to culture.

Also, on the graph you provided, a correlation does not mean causation. Some guy died just before the spike in crime, does that mean his death caused an increased crime rate? I don't think so. Besides, if you look at the graph up to date (i.e. including most recent half decade) then you'll see the crime rate has lowered. Also I'd like to note the severity of the crimes compared to those in the US is small.

First off this "10,000 times" is a huge exaggeration considering we don't have 10,000 gun murders a year to begin with. You say one clearly works better, maybe in the UK, and that's a big maybe. But in the U.S. banning handguns has only caused crime rates to increase. Homicides in D.C. rose dramatically following the handgun ban, and declined once the ban was repealed.

In the U.S. the only realistic solution to gun crime - is more guns. Criminals will think twice about trying to rob or kill someone when well aware that said person is carrying a gun. If every viewer at the Batman shooting had been carrying, it would have ended as fast as it started, bun instead people insist on these "gun-free zones", which serve no purpose besides letting the occasional mass shooter rack up a huge amount of kills.

On the subject of gun control's effectiveness in Europe and Japan - these countries are more homogeneous and have more of a groupthink culture. The U.S. is literally the most diverse nation on the planet, ethnically, religiously, and culturally (save for a few tropical countries which are technically more diverse due to a large indigineous population) and this leads to an every-man-for-himself mentality, which can be good, but also leads to things like gangbangers and "thug life". If a nationwide gun confiscation was initiated the ones least likely to comply would of course be these people, and then they'd pretty much have free reign. It wouldn't be hard for the criminals to get guns either, regardless of any laws. Every gun isn't going to disappear into thin air, and we border a 3rd world country and have a massive coastline, making it easy to smuggle guns in from other countries. Honestly I believe that with a nationwide gun ban not only would overall homicide rates increase, but gun murders as well. And the evidence from U.S. cities gun bans have been tested in seems to support this.

On the other hand, if every man carried a handgun at all times, crime rates would be much lower.
Dec 16, 2012 7:42 PM

Jun 2009
SSJgoku91 said:
[On the subject of gun control's effectiveness in Europe and Japan - these countries are more homogeneous and have more of a groupthink culture. The U.S. is literally the most diverse nation on the planet, ethnically, religiously, and culturally (save for a few tropical countries which are technically more diverse due to a large indigineous population) and this leads to an every-man-for-himself mentality

Many European countries share many similarities culturally with America, especially the UK. That argument is nonsense.

Quoting my post from yesterday, in another thread.
Trapalicious said:
If it's not the availability that is the reason for the high gun-crime rate, then it has to be America's culture (look at Japan for example), but even that doesn't have much ground considering many European countries with way less gun crime are similar in culture.
Dec 16, 2012 7:42 PM

Jun 2011
SSJgoku91 said:
On the other hand, if every man carried a handgun at all times, crime rates would be much lower.

It's sad that you actually believe that.
Dec 16, 2012 7:43 PM

Nov 2012
Sukha said:
no one has ever tried to get in my house but if someone tries to get in I know the alarm will sound really loud and the security will come while my neighbors call the police ^^

Yep, nothing can go wrong there. I'm sure the police will arrive and apprehend the perps in the 45 seconds it takes for them to break in and kill your family.
Dec 16, 2012 7:48 PM

Nov 2012
Trapalicious said:
SSJgoku91 said:
[On the subject of gun control's effectiveness in Europe and Japan - these countries are more homogeneous and have more of a groupthink culture. The U.S. is literally the most diverse nation on the planet, ethnically, religiously, and culturally (save for a few tropical countries which are technically more diverse due to a large indigineous population) and this leads to an every-man-for-himself mentality

Many European countries share many similarities culturally with America, especially the UK. That argument is nonsense.

America isn't one culture. Our country is 2/3 white, yours is over 90%. We have tons of different groups from all over the planet living here in large numbers, the same might be true in the UK, but not even close to the same scale. How many times have you driven through a local neighborhood and seen 5 foreign flags for every one of your own?
Dec 16, 2012 7:53 PM

Nov 2011
SSJgoku91 said:
Sukha said:
no one has ever tried to get in my house but if someone tries to get in I know the alarm will sound really loud and the security will come while my neighbors call the police ^^

Yep, nothing can go wrong there. I'm sure the police will arrive and apprehend the perps in the 45 seconds it takes for them to break in and kill your family.

No, they will run when the alarm sounds because they only want my stuff and they don't worth the price of being caught ^^ I don't know there but here civilians (without a police record) can only have firearms inside their houses, a civilian with a police record carrying one it's in trouble, and a lot more if they get caught in this kind of situation
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What are you insecure about the most?

Ejrodiew - Apr 30

26 by enigmasauce »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » do you engage or ignore what you hate?

deg - 41 minutes ago

4 by Serafos »»
8 minutes ago

» is blocking users a admitance of cowardice?

vasipi4946 - Yesterday

36 by deg »»
17 minutes ago

» How are your cooking skills

ST63LTH - Yesterday

20 by YoshiKiller01 »»
27 minutes ago

» Do you ever miss old/former online friends? ( 1 2 )

pludel2 - Apr 10

52 by Shinobu191 »»
37 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.