Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 15, 2012 2:24 PM

Feb 2012
Dead-Master said:
Watching a bunch of harem Anime, I never really liked how the main character usually never picks one of the girls that are interested in him, I asked myself "is that realistic, in such situations can the main character really not choose a girl?". And thinking back in my Middle and High school days, I was in such a similar situation, the Harem in real life.

Thinking back on "why am I such an idiot?" and constantly kicking myself on my own ass as I regret things on what I should have and shouldn't have done, I came to understand the Main Character of the Harem in the Anime and that is; the Main character usually lacks awareness, especially at a young age where the one thing on your mind is else where (Possibly attention towards sports, games, etc...). That being said, yourself or the Main Character is unknowledgeable of the girls feelings until they actually confess, and at that point your still questioning on "What the heck are you saying?" (at least for me) and later on in the Harem Anime, life plays it casually.

Here are the characters of my Harem Story:

The Two Blonde Girls - Best friends of each other, often resort to sexual harassment and teasing. (Example, Ass slapping, randomly licking your hand[dafuq?], and teasing such as sucking on a lolipop and telling you if they can practice on you).

The Nerdy Shy Girl - Glasses, Shy, and Book smart, the whole package. After gathering as much courage as she can (Being shy and all) manages to confess to you directly and yet the only thing that went in my mind is "What? Really? Hmm.. not really sure what's going on". Not giving an answer towards the confession, I later on just played it passive as she stalks and chases.

The Transfer Student - After recently transferring to the school and is new in the Country. It was as if she stuck on the first person she saw in order to better understand and get familiar with the surroundings (At least for me that was the more logical idea because I'm too much of an idiot to understand emotions).

The Tomboy - The Girl that acts and dresses in boyish ways. I always loved Phys Ed the idea of competing against your fellow classmates was always fun. With such competitions, the Tomboy character had always either wanted to do the activities with you or against, in either case always nearby.

That's kind of a quick summery of the characters of my Middle/High School. In the end and in like majority Harem Anime, I never actually picked one of them or thought of a serious relationships with them.

So then... "What's your Harem Story?"

I don't count a bunch of girls liking me or interested in me as a harem. That's way too commonly found, even for the dumbest guys out there.

I'd only count it if I had 2 or more women who were actually involved with me on a consistent basis, be it sexually or romantically. In that case, I think I've bragged about that enough already.

"I will close my eyes and let the darkness be the light that guides me through the path of chaos"

Call me the Jelly Factory. I'm the world's largest producer of jelly.
Dec 16, 2012 10:45 AM
Nov 2012
Negative-Travis said:
Necromantium said:
My reverse Harem includes my boyfriend , Sacrophagus , PaulyD , my cute boss and Christian Muenzer.

Still fantasizing.
Where the hell am I?

You're observing haha

«War is a hostile takeover of nations, coated in sugary religiosity and fiery terms of "right" and "wrong" from people who use faith as a mean of coercion and a tool of capitulation.» - Sacrophagus
Dec 16, 2012 2:17 PM

Mar 2012
Necromantium said:
Negative-Travis said:
Necromantium said:
My reverse Harem includes my boyfriend , Sacrophagus , PaulyD , my cute boss and Christian Muenzer.

Still fantasizing.
Where the hell am I?

You're observing haha

I'm not into that.
I'm dead. Don't come looking for me.
Dec 16, 2012 5:40 PM
Nov 2012
Negative-Travis said:
Necromantium said:
Negative-Travis said:
Necromantium said:

Still fantasizing.
Where the hell am I?

You're observing haha

I'm not into that.

All your demands shall be granted. Just say the word :P

«War is a hostile takeover of nations, coated in sugary religiosity and fiery terms of "right" and "wrong" from people who use faith as a mean of coercion and a tool of capitulation.» - Sacrophagus
Dec 16, 2012 8:39 PM

Sep 2011
I only had a harem in College though I'm just being a dick.

Dec 16, 2012 8:41 PM

Mar 2012
Necromantium said:
Negative-Travis said:
Necromantium said:
Negative-Travis said:
Necromantium said:

Still fantasizing.
Where the hell am I?

You're observing haha

I'm not into that.

All your demands shall be granted. Just say the word :P

This isn't my decision to make.
What's the point of a harem if you're not the one in charge?
I'm dead. Don't come looking for me.
Dec 16, 2012 11:18 PM

Feb 2012
Oh, i had a reverse one (as far as Anime terminology is concerned, not the actual definition) and i didn't even know it, lol.
Apparently majority of my friends (the guys anyway, which is like 95% of them) had crushes on me, and the next thing i know they are all asking me out one after the other. It started with the guy who was supposedly in love with me (which i rejected rather unintentionally harsh), then the shy (but a little crazy) quiet one, and then this year the rest just basically formed a line. I suppose my natural low self-esteem made me thick headed, because it took one of the neutral ones to joke about my supposed reverse-harem for me to realize any odd vibes.

Now i can fully sympathize with Harem leads. It's really awkward to be in such a position because then you feel terrible that they're asking you out on dates, offering you things (one of them actually got me something), and basically letting all of their feelings out-- but you don't feel a thing towards them other than friendship.
I thought about giving some of them a chance, but then i figured it would be really awkward with the feelings being one-sided. Also, natural guilt at having the others know i chose one over the other. Granted i think guys tend to be in phases and i was one of them, so they'd get over it easily, but it's not in my nature to screw people over unless i hate them.

I'm not very feminine and gentle, so i give them credit for having the courage to ask someone such as myself out rather than just stand by and tease like in Anime, but i'd rather not compromise my current lifestyle.
VyudaliDec 16, 2012 11:32 PM
Dec 16, 2012 11:23 PM

Dec 2012
Candor said:
JavierR said:
Candor said:
I had a harem in kindergarten, all of them were lolis.

were you the teacher?

i fell off my chair and face planted onto the floor from laughing at this.
Dec 17, 2012 6:02 AM

Nov 2012
Necromantium said:

Still fantasizing.

And who's PaulyD ?
Dec 17, 2012 6:24 AM
Nov 2012
Sacrophagus said:
Necromantium said:

Still fantasizing.

And who's PaulyD ?

I nicknamed you PaulyD while you were away. I figured it's a cute name , but it's okay if you don't like it.

Dec 17, 2012 6:26 AM
Jul 2012
Necromantium said:
Sacrophagus said:
Necromantium said:

Still fantasizing.

And who's PaulyD ?

I nicknamed you PaulyD while you were away. I figured it's a cute name , but it's okay if you don't like it.

lol. PaulyD
Dec 17, 2012 6:28 AM

Aug 2012
JavierR said:
Necromantium said:
Sacrophagus said:
Necromantium said:

Still fantasizing.

And who's PaulyD ?

lol. PaulyD

Oh shi-
Someone is gonna be in trouble.
Dec 17, 2012 6:33 AM

Dec 2012
OP... you making alot of guys on MAL community feel like losers...

I had a harem in kindergarten though.

*My Profile || Signature by Jeav || I am a part οf The Invisibles. || My Anime List*
Dec 17, 2012 6:34 AM

Nov 2012
Necromantium said:
Sacrophagus said:
Necromantium said:

Still fantasizing.

And who's PaulyD ?

Dec 17, 2012 6:43 AM
Nov 2012
Sacrophagus said:
Necromantium said:
Sacrophagus said:
Necromantium said:

Still fantasizing.

And who's PaulyD ?

Oh my god... I didn't want to tell you because I was afraid of your reaction, but PaulyD is gay... He's a good gay guy , a ggg. Ask anyone around here. He's so gay. Right guys ?

Dec 17, 2012 7:30 AM
Jul 2012
inccredibly gay
Dec 17, 2012 10:39 AM

Feb 2012
This type of humor.

Yawn.
"I will close my eyes and let the darkness be the light that guides me through the path of chaos"

Call me the Jelly Factory. I'm the world's largest producer of jelly.
Dec 17, 2012 1:13 PM
Nov 2012
Bloodcalibur said:
This type of humor.

Yawn.

No shit nigga.

Dec 17, 2012 2:00 PM

Apr 2012
Implying that MAL members even come in contact with real human beings.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Dec 17, 2012 2:06 PM

Dec 2009
JustALEX said:
Really OP?

You're asking people who dwell in fantasy if they've had a real life harem?

+ my answer is nothing yet if it happens somehow?

More topics from this board

» Do you record your thoughts down in a journal?

DesuMaiden - May 13

28 by Vampire_Lord »»
17 minutes ago

» what makes you send someone a friend request?

707supremacist - Apr 29

40 by Vampire_Lord »»
28 minutes ago

» people of mal, do you judge people by their looks, height, and other physical traits? ( 1 2 )

real-truck-Kun - Nov 4, 2023

54 by k4rlo »»
30 minutes ago

» What do you think about education in your country?

Sad - May 10

21 by k4rlo »»
32 minutes ago

» Do you celebrate your Birthday ( 1 2 )

ST63LTH - May 7

54 by k4rlo »»
34 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.