Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 16, 2012 3:05 AM

Jan 2012
Test of courage and ghost hunting. I enjoyed this episode.

Dec 16, 2012 3:43 AM

Aug 2011
Fun filled episode. I'm pretty pleased with the adaption of the Test of Courage for this episode and ending it with the ghost hunting at the end, which was the mysterious creature from the VN. I actually did beat that part in the VN and I was pretty surprised they put it into the anime at the end of the Test of Courage. I don't think there would be another appropriate moment for that later in the anime.

Glad to see the "Boys don't cry" song towards the end of the episode. Took me back to some great memories about Little Busters.

Mio's arc next, kinda looking forward to see her arc done already, and hopefully in a decent pace rather it being too fast paced though.
Dec 16, 2012 5:03 AM

Apr 2011
This episode was fun and funny. I really enjoyed it.

I'm glad that Mio showed up, I thought she would never appear. What's more, we'll see her more next episode.
Dec 16, 2012 5:13 AM

Jul 2012
egnaro315 said:
antonn said:

Bros before Hos.

I died when I saw this. Someone make a gif of it please. xD

As you wish:
Dec 16, 2012 5:17 AM

May 2010
there's something strange in your neighborhood! Who ya gonna call? Little Buster! dont cross the streams!
Dec 16, 2012 6:08 AM

Sep 2011
I like this episode. Personally thought it was a good idea how they managed to include most of the interesting pairings together. What bothered me was that Mio didn't have her parasol, and well...

Mio's arc spoilers (DO NOT click if you have yet to play the VN)
"Now's the time for you to run towards the day you awaken from this dream."

~Boys be Smile
Dec 16, 2012 6:57 AM

Apr 2010
Tyrel said:
Ugh Mio route next week WHY. I haven't reached her route shes my next route in VN. Time to speed through it.

You can do it, skipping already read dialogues in replays give you a faster reach to the next route. And Mio has a good plot for her arc.

They mixed two different side elements in this episode: the 'monster' and the test of courage. I really want to see more baseball practise involved.
4/5, I loved the Team Rin (Rin, Kud, Komari).
Dec 16, 2012 9:26 AM

Sep 2011
Masato arm wrestling with the ghost, lol...
Next episode looks promising both in plot(Mio's route is pretty good) and animation.
Dec 16, 2012 9:45 AM
May 2012
It was okay i guess!
but i really think this should be labeled for pg-children!
so childish!
masato,kengo,ryouske,riki,yui,pinkhaired girl(forgot her name) and nishizono are alright!
but the other 3 dumb creatures make me so pissed off that i wish to punch them at least once!
7/10.if any viewers watch this shows only for heroines then they are pure lolicons!
Dec 16, 2012 10:52 AM

Mar 2012
Awesome episode! They are a great team.
Dec 16, 2012 11:22 AM

Apr 2010
Was kind of obvious that the ghost they where trying to catch would be a animal it was a nice looking eagle though.
Seeing Kyousouke and the eagle hug looked funny.
And they had forgotten about the other two male members of the team who got themselves looked up in the principles office.
Dec 16, 2012 12:43 PM

Sep 2012
TehVict said:
egnaro315 said:
antonn said:

Bros before Hos.

I died when I saw this. Someone make a gif of it please. xD

As you wish:

LOL thanks :D
Dec 16, 2012 1:14 PM

Mar 2011
Funny episode! It's good to see the whole gang now, and the hijinks they get up to!

Really should play the VN though, might wait until the series finishes first so as not to spoil it for myself!
Dec 16, 2012 1:42 PM

Sep 2011
Very funny episode. Rin with cat ears is just too cute.
Dec 16, 2012 2:10 PM

Nov 2010
Team 1 is such a Win!
Dec 16, 2012 3:47 PM
Jul 2012
This was a fun episode I'm guessing the next episode is the start of mio's route?
Dec 16, 2012 3:48 PM

Nov 2011
Felt like a filler, still had its funny moments.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Dec 16, 2012 4:09 PM

Oct 2011
I thought the Anime version could help me get over my hatred over Komari's character but it didn't, her annoying voice and extreme air-headedness piss me off even more, I remember continuously pressing CTRL button whenever she speaks in the VN, also the fact that I didn't read her plot on her arc at all. heck she's tops my list for the most annoying female character of this year O_O also I don't know why but I'm also annoyed with Kud, much like Komari she's adorable, beyond that she's overly stupid (sigh) and her constant "wafu" catchphrase is too forced to my liking.

On the other side of the coin I'm happy that my favorite heroine, Haruka tagged with Riki in the test of courage, in the VN I picked her and Rin as Riki's partners.

That eagle I'm sure wasn't on the VN, I only remember defeating the mysterious enemy but it wasn't a bird was it? but anyway I believe the eagle was made as reference to Kyousuke's

I thought for a moment we'll see Saya sneaking again in this EP since her first appearance in the VN was also during evening when Riki was looking for his "notebook/book?"

I also thought Mio would be left out of this EP but thankfully we saw her midway ^_^

Overall I enjoyed the episode, looking forward to Mio's arc, though the fact is it's not written by Maeda explains why I'm not that much excited over it.
Dec 16, 2012 4:17 PM

Sep 2012
Ridiculous.

I really think they could have skipped this episode, and nothing of value would have been lost. I hope the next episodes will be better.
Dec 16, 2012 4:19 PM

Oct 2011
SetsukoHara said:
Ridiculous.

I really think they could have skipped this episode, and nothing of value would have been lost. I hope the next episodes will be better.

Kinda agree with that, but even Clannad had its share of pointless devalued episodes before proceeding to the tearjerk scenes, this is Key anyway
Dec 16, 2012 5:45 PM
Jul 2011
If somethings strange, in your neighborhood! Who you gonna call? Ghos- I mean... Little Busters!
Dec 16, 2012 7:09 PM

Sep 2012
ijen said:
It was okay i guess!
so childish!
masato,kengo,ryouske,riki,yui,pinkhaired girl(forgot her name) and nishizono are alright!
but the other 3 dumb creatures make me so pissed off that i wish to punch them at least once!
7/10.if any viewers watch this shows only for heroines then they are pure lolicons!

The only lolicon here is Kyousuke.
Dec 16, 2012 8:30 PM

May 2011
SleepingEntity said:
ijen said:
It was okay i guess!
so childish!

Well said!
Dec 16, 2012 9:39 PM

Jan 2010
I like how they combine the courage test with the mysterious animal Rin will fight. I was worry how they will animate the fight, but this is much better than I had in mind. as much as I remember, the humor in the courage test has improved since the vn, but don't quote me on this since I only finished Kud and Haruka route.
Dec 16, 2012 11:19 PM

Feb 2012
I'm starting to like Nishizono with this episode :D
She's just cute~

So her arc isn't finished yet...
Dec 17, 2012 4:09 AM

Nov 2012
HauntingShock said:
I'm starting to like Nishizono with this episode :D
She's just cute~

So her arc isn't finished yet...

Agreed, she's so cool xD

yes. The only route that's finished in the anime is Komari's. :)

Komari Kamikita    Mio Nishizono      Rin Natsume    Yuiko Kurugaya   Haruka Saigusa  Kudryavka Noumi
Dec 17, 2012 4:18 AM

May 2010
But what about those arms...There might be a real ghost there.
Dec 17, 2012 8:21 AM

Oct 2009
Little ghost busters ! xD

ssf4ae (pc) : misterCybou
sc2 : CybE // 665
Dec 17, 2012 12:58 PM

Jul 2010
SleepingEntity said:
ijen said:
It was okay i guess!
so childish!

LOL! True.

---

I laughed so hard when I read "Tweety" in the subs xDD

Mio arc next, I do not know what to think, but let's see... ^_^
Dec 17, 2012 2:59 PM

Aug 2011

LOL they actually forgot to take out the editing notes

also lol

Funya-UsagiDec 17, 2012 3:10 PM
TL & founder of Refrain Subs.
Dec 17, 2012 3:06 PM

Jun 2011
they have 15 more episodes to convince me that this anime is not bad
Dec 17, 2012 3:26 PM

Feb 2012
blubberflub said:

J.C Staff fail? or wall-written text which when looked at carefully, is unlikely?
Dec 17, 2012 5:00 PM

Nov 2012
HauntingShock said:
blubberflub said:

J.C Staff fail? or wall-written text which when looked at carefully, is unlikely?

Wow! can someone translate that? haha
That's an epic fail for JC staff though I really don't mind since I didn't noticed that when watching (and the episode was funny).

Komari Kamikita    Mio Nishizono      Rin Natsume    Yuiko Kurugaya   Haruka Saigusa  Kudryavka Noumi
Dec 18, 2012 3:06 AM

Jan 2012
good episode showcasing every character and how they compliment each other. but what the fuck key. a bird named Pi-chan hugging a human being.

Is there going to be any romance at all or just friendship stuff?
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Dec 18, 2012 3:47 AM

Aug 2010
I'm glad they decided on this solution, my favorite pairing for the courage test is Anego and Nishizono-san, at least I got a few scenes with them. Not to mention Rin slapping Komarimax, hehe, that felt good. 4/5, entertaining enough.
Dec 18, 2012 4:00 AM

Sep 2012
NoobHunterD said:
good episode showcasing every character and how they compliment each other. but what the fuck key. a bird named Pi-chan hugging a human being.

Is there going to be any romance at all or just friendship stuff?

yeah there will be romance but the friendship is stronger.
Dec 19, 2012 5:10 PM

May 2012
This felt like a side story or a filler. But it was an entertaining episode 4/5.
Dec 20, 2012 1:46 PM

Jul 2010
Well the bird explains the thing the gang were seeing, but what about Masato and Kengo? xD

Dec 21, 2012 8:32 AM

Nov 2011
If it's side story only to show the friendship, it's not so interesting.
I expect to back to main root soon.
Dec 21, 2012 11:05 AM

Dec 2009
Lol course it's a giant bird, who didn't expect th.....

Wait, Giant bird?
Jan 4, 2013 8:19 AM

Oct 2011
had enough ... this show is dropped for me , this is ridiculous ...maybe the worst show I have ever seen ... I think this show is directed to 13 years old or younger.
Jan 4, 2013 10:02 AM

May 2012
loub31 said:
had enough ... this show is dropped for me , this is ridiculous ...maybe the worst show I have ever seen ... I think this show is directed to 13 years old or younger.

No no no no this show is obviously targeted to people who have childhood friends dont tell me you are jealous?
Jan 4, 2013 6:11 PM

Oct 2011
planetarian said:
loub31 said:

No no no no this show is obviously targeted to people who have childhood friends dont tell me you are jealous?

naivety , scream , ghosts after a bird ... that's absolutely childish
and don't tell me you were doing like that when you were in high school .
Jan 4, 2013 6:22 PM

Oct 2012
loub31 said:

Seeing that u rated clannad decently high, u should give this a bit more of a chance. The next arc starts the next episode which will show some more drama. This one will be more symbolism and imagery related so it may be a lot better for you to watch if you are interested in that sort of thing.

To be honest, for this show I would rate it 13+ or even higher instead more because of the fact that, like clannad, it kind of need a higher amount of maturity to appreciate the whole series and theme it revolves around (even though it is exaggerated quite a bit)
You were eaten by the eel pie instead
Jan 5, 2013 4:34 AM

Dec 2012
loub31 said:
planetarian said:
loub31 said:

Childish humour is a lot better than vulgar humour. Also, stating the most basic of the situation doesn't make your point anymore valid. There's a lot more going on that makes it humourous and fun to watch, not screaming and them being in fear. Also, this show is far from childish. The show is actually quite mature once they start getting into the actual stories. Have you even watched any of the episodes before this?
Jan 5, 2013 5:02 AM

Sep 2011
eltonsu999 said:
13+ or even higher

I doubt it.

Though I understand what he feels. I'm not blaming JC Staff about directing but this is because this is merely a friendship theme. Doing any kind of stupidity that they want for the sake of more happiness on their friendship. They don't show any problems regarding from their friendship unlike AnoHana.

So yeah, most of the people probably including me watching people doing a lot ridiculousness and such are more or less likely painful to watch.

Jan 5, 2013 6:56 AM

Oct 2011
Seano299 said:
loub31 said:
planetarian said:
loub31 said:

Childish humour is a lot better than vulgar humour. Also, stating the most basic of the situation doesn't make your point anymore valid. There's a lot more going on that makes it humourous and fun to watch, not screaming and them being in fear. Also, this show is far from childish. The show is actually quite mature once they start getting into the actual stories. Have you even watched any of the episodes before this?

I don't know how you are enjoying such a childish humour ... for me , it doesn't even make me smile , it make me want to vomit .... you know , it's hard to believe that Komari and Noumi are in high school ... I watched until episode 11 because I was expecting something similar to Clannad AF but now I decided to drop it ~.~ .
Jan 5, 2013 1:37 PM

Oct 2012
loub31 said:
I watched until episode 11 because I was expecting something similar to Clannad AF but now I decided to drop it ~.~ .

If that is what you are after, you should probably put on hold this series and watch it all through when the second season finishes because that is when the after story like part happens. The episodes so far are basically the parts where they are mucking around so it may be hard to see tearjerking happening later on. (Komari's arc was too much of a hit or miss to be shown early on)

Sa-chan_ said:
eltonsu999 said:
13+ or even higher

I doubt it.

This is just something from my personal experience. I remember not being able to empathise with characters from books, movies until I was around 15 so I doubt I would have been able to enjoy the arcs or refrain as much as I would now.
You were eaten by the eel pie instead
Jan 5, 2013 2:05 PM

Dec 2012
loub31 said:
Seano299 said:
loub31 said:
planetarian said:
loub31 said:

I don't know how you are enjoying such a childish humour ... for me , it doesn't even make me smile , it make me want to vomit .... you know , it's hard to believe that Komari and Noumi are in high school ... I watched until episode 11 because I was expecting something similar to Clannad AF but now I decided to drop it ~.~ .

If jokes are making you want to vomit, then something is seriously wrong. I can find the humour in this show funny because I can see exactly what makes them funny. A lot of people find vulgar humour funny because not much thought is needed for a lot of the humour. Someone just says something vulgar, then something happens because of that that is either embarrasing for the character or just incredbily sudden. In this, the humour relies more on you looking into the jokes and realising what is funny about the situation rather than down right telling you what makes the scene funny.
Jan 8, 2013 5:56 AM

Aug 2011
Judging from how tired they were at the end, I'm assuming they might have stayed at the school all night, which sounds pretty fun to do if you're with your friends in a ghost hunt.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

307 by BritishBlitz87 »»
Mar 1, 7:40 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

200 by little_raven »»
Feb 24, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2013

167 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2013

288 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 10:31 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Funya-Usagi - Jan 5, 2013

185 by little_raven »»
Feb 20, 10:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.