Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 15, 2012 7:24 AM
Sep 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE NOVEL BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

I'll just put this heartwarming picture here because the rest of the episode is full of DIO URRRRYYYY, Gundam SEED and Asuna hot sex premium deluxe.

Blu-ray sales will surely skyrocket again after this episode. If you know what i mean. VERY GOOD episode over all.
LunaDec 23, 2012 3:50 AM
Dec 15, 2012 7:53 AM

Sep 2012
hating that sugou bastard. want to kill him so bad
so happy for yui :3 momma!
kevsterr95Dec 16, 2012 4:40 AM
Dec 15, 2012 7:55 AM

Nov 2011

Oh shit. Well, at least Asuna meets Kirito again. Yui also being happy is a plus for me. Yup, now I'm wondering how this series will conclude its finale. That fight was fucking lame though.
Stark700Dec 15, 2012 11:46 AM
Dec 15, 2012 8:00 AM

Sep 2012
Let's sum it up:

Amazing face and voices (credit: DIO/Koyasu) of Sugou

NTR

Cheater skill

Anyway, a lot of Asuna and she got to meet Kirito again! So I am contented.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 15, 2012 8:26 AM

Nov 2007
Happy reunion.

And it was just a trap for him to come here like previous SAO prayers to be his experiments? (Is that correct?) Such a torture. And somehow Kirito became the God through SAO creator and made that guy weak. LOVE THE OST!! But... so bloody.

Some kind of seed is given, which seems like the key to final ep.. And loving the kiss on Yui's cheek.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 15, 2012 8:29 AM
Oct 2012
Well, Sugou finally learned that lesson that most of learned at 14 (around the time of Chuunibyou): games, fantasy, and VR is no substitute for the real world. No, you really aren't a "king" or a "god" just because you called yourself one.

He was such a perfect parody of what all those people who are condescending towards those who read fantasy or play games. He represented everything THEY think we enjoy these things for. Of course much like the popular imagination of witches, what they think has less to do with what is, rather than what they wish they could do if but only given the chance. The only thing different is that Sugou got the chance to put all his private passions on full display.

As for the episode, I guess those who are watching the series this was fine. I just found it a bit off somehow, particularly the battle between Suguo and Kirito. But it covered all the basics, ended at the right place, and leads nicely into the finale. So my compliments are fairly petty.
Dec 15, 2012 8:30 AM

Sep 2008
so the gundam seed appears and asuna (kinda) avoids the rape
kayaba is as great as ever, all said
and my guess is the tonkii part is going to be in a ova, since kirito need to get excaliber eventually...
i wonder how much to wait untill GGO and BoB, cause after that they NEED to animate

wowo..they skipped so much....who cares, as long the blue-ray comes out quick
yui, so damm cute, and dont worry, you are saved up in a usb inside a helmet .__. kirito is a great dad, has a saved copy of his daughter. ..

tsubasalover said:

And it was just a trap for him to come here like previous SAO prayers to be his experiments? (Is that correct?) Such a torture. And somehow Kirito became the God through SAO creator and made that guy weak.

Some kind of seed is given, which seems like the key to final ep.. And loving the kiss on Yui's cheek.

not sure if the answer is a spoiler, so just in case spoiler tab
Zero_r2Dec 15, 2012 8:39 AM
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Dec 15, 2012 8:31 AM

Feb 2009
Oh wow, this episode was something. A mixture of revulsion from the first half and satisfaction on the second half.
Koyasu Takehito did a fabulous job with Sugou. A little too well coz Oberon was 10x more slimy and irritating in here. Pretty difficult to watch. inb4 NTR doujins galore ._. There might be some but probably not a lot this coming Comiket.
And Deus Ex Kayaba! The shitstorm later will be glorious. I would have liked it if he didn't actually appeared in front of him and was just a voice but you can't win them all.

And all is well right?
Oh well...
Dec 15, 2012 8:48 AM

Nov 2007
Zero_r2 said:

not sure if the answer is a spoiler, so just in case spoiler tab

tsubasaloverDec 15, 2012 8:51 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 15, 2012 9:12 AM

Jan 2012
Someone needs to make a GIF of Kirito's pathetic crying face so this amazing show won't ever be forgotten.

¯\(°_o)/¯
Dec 15, 2012 10:02 AM

May 2011
THE BIGGEST SHIT STORM OF ALL SHIT STORMS WILL OCCUR IN AN HOUR OR SO, PREPARE YOURSELVES!
Dec 15, 2012 10:07 AM
Aug 2012
RockerXD said:
THE BIGGEST SHIT STORM OF ALL SHIT STORMS WILL OCCUR IN AN HOUR OR SO, PREPARE YOURSELVES!

Meaning?
Dec 15, 2012 10:09 AM
Oct 2012
nnangle said:
RockerXD said:

Meaning?

Make sure that your pipes are wrapped and you bring you pets indoors. Metaphorically speaking.

This episode provided everything both fans and haters could have wanted. So both will start raving incredibly enthusiastically, which will lead to the inevitable and 24th rendition of the "You Suck" song.
Dec 15, 2012 10:10 AM

Aug 2008
Meaning the author can only have endings which come from some sort of ass-pull.

But yeah I liked this adaption pretty well. Sugou's VA was king in this episode (was half expecting him to MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA)
Dec 15, 2012 10:14 AM
Aug 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
nnangle said:
RockerXD said:

Meaning?

Make sure that your pipes are wrapped and you bring you pets indoors. Metaphorically speaking.

This episode provided everything both fans and haters could have wanted. So both will start raving incredibly enthusiastically, which will lead to the inevitable and 24th rendition of the "You Suck" song.

We're used to all that by this point..
Dec 15, 2012 10:15 AM

May 2011
nnangle said:
Takuan_Soho said:
nnangle said:
RockerXD said:

Meaning?

But this should at least be x10 worse to the reaction from episode 14.
Dec 15, 2012 10:32 AM

Dec 2010
RockerXD said:
nnangle said:
Takuan_Soho said:
nnangle said:
RockerXD said:

Meaning?

But this should at least be x10 worse to the reaction from episode 14.

Thats putting it lightly, this forum is going to become intolerable very very soon, flames, trolls, haters everywhere, they won't even give time for reasoning either (not that they do often anyway...), well this in itself isn't anything new tho.
Dec 15, 2012 10:33 AM
Oct 2012
hyperknees91 said:

But yeah I liked this adaption pretty well. Sugou's VA was king in this episode (was half expecting him to MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA)

And let the flame wars begin!!!!

The endings can be cliched, hackneyed, boring, predictable, anticlimactic, whatever, but they are most certainly not "ass-pulls" or "deus ex machina" endings. That would imply that the author got to the end and didn't know how to end it, whereas with all the foreshadowing with both endings (SAO and ALO) it is pretty clear that the author had planned for it to end this way. After all if Kirito's final SAO stats were transported into ALO because it was a copy of SAO, then other things (including Yui) could have ridden along into the game.
Dec 15, 2012 10:38 AM

Aug 2008
Takuan_Soho said:
hyperknees91 said:

The endings can be cliched, hackneyed, boring, predictable, anticlimactic, whatever, but they are most certainly not "ass-pulls" or "deus ex machina" endings. That would imply that the author got to the end and didn't know how to end it, whereas with all the foreshadowing with both endings (SAO and ALO) it is pretty clear that the author had planned for it to end this way. After all if Kirito's final SAO stats were transported into ALO because it was a copy of SAO, then other things (including Yui) could have ridden along into the game.

I'm actually not implying it's a deus ex machina...I'm saying that's what people will be saying.

The only thing you could say about the ending is that it's overly convenient, kinda like clannad after stories ending.
Dec 15, 2012 10:40 AM
Aug 2012
What are the chances of a second season, then?
Dec 15, 2012 10:41 AM

Aug 2008
nnangle said:
What are the chances of a second season, then?

extremely high. Or they could do it all in a movie if they felt like being lazy.
Dec 15, 2012 10:42 AM
Aug 2012
When do you think we can expect it? 2-3 years?
Dec 15, 2012 10:45 AM

Sep 2012
Takuan_Soho said:

If you don't want any flame wars, ou can still skip haters comment. As far as I'm concerned, I'm totally OK with flame wars, if it wasn't for them, I wouldn't even come to this sub-forum.
Dec 15, 2012 10:52 AM

Aug 2008
nnangle said:
When do you think we can expect it? 2-3 years?

Probably next year, it's really friggin popular. I wouldn't be surprised if it was already in development.
Dec 15, 2012 11:03 AM

Sep 2009
Ah, finally got to see Sugou get his just desserts. That was immensely satisfying even though some parts got skipped. One more episode to go and then this forum can die off or cool down or whatever.

Dec 15, 2012 11:11 AM

Feb 2008
I guess you are one of the haters, but do you know well they selling LN for SAO?
No this show will not end, I doubt so there will be a new season after the crossover.

Lolack said:
this retarded show is finally gonna end

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Dec 15, 2012 11:14 AM

Feb 2008
When I realize about the pain absorbs got reduce and what Kirito did to him, it must feel a hell of pain to get his arm cut and sword cut in the head.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Dec 15, 2012 11:19 AM

Jul 2010
Koyasu, Takehito gives another awesome voice performance of that no good Sugou. Satisfying from beginning to end.
Dec 15, 2012 11:25 AM
Jan 2011
Now, 1 last ep 2 go, and I don't even wanna comment on anything.
Dec 15, 2012 11:27 AM

Dec 2011
Finally. That is how you do it. Ruthless.
Although... it is still kinda convenient...

But finally!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 15, 2012 11:30 AM
Feb 2012
Daaaayum @ what Kirito did to Sugou.

While the ending fight wasn't as interesting as it was in the SAO arc, I still think I liked the ALO arc more.
Can't wait till next week to see the finale.
Dec 15, 2012 11:30 AM

Jun 2009
THat Fairy king need to die. He was a real bastard
Dec 15, 2012 11:32 AM

Nov 2008
That guy deserved that and much more. I'm sure that I would spent my sweet time torturing him for all he did to Asuna.

Anyway other than the part where he was having his way with Asuna, it was a great episode! So where do they go from here? Can't wait for next week! I just hope that they don't get trapped in another world.
Dec 15, 2012 11:33 AM

Jul 2011
damn he set suguo's pain to 0 that dude might be dead in real life but hey he deserved it im glad asun is back and im glad she didnt get raped

but suguo nasty he said he wanted to have sex with her real body O.o and her real body was in a coma

that fucking weird ass cunt bitch. ----- yeah i didnt like him

i still wish yui didn't have to be in the game... and im a little confused as to WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T KAYABA-- however you spell his name---- HELP HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!

still i think the second arc of this anime has been pretty much a let down in it's entirety.

one more episode to go!!!
Dec 15, 2012 11:33 AM

Jun 2012
Just wow......

Was I watching a fucking NTR hentai this episode or SAO? Oh wait it was the same thing. This episode also showed how bad a villain Sugou really is. Ok, don't make 100% sure he can't move, once Kirito got up I would've taken two or three extra steps to chain him down. Also this proves how much of a loser in the actual world this guy is in that he uses his power in ALO to rape a 17 year old girl instead of not being a pedophile. There are so many more things you can do with the things he had at his disposable to make him a more cunning villain honestly. Is Sugou supposed to symbolize Japanese Otaku in their primal state? O.o

Dio is 10x the villain than Sugou ever can hope to be in his life, Sugou is a coward who doesn't plan.

Also even more head scratching is why is Kayaba Akihiko being reflected upon in a POSITIVE MANNER? Yes he didn't kill thousands of people for reasons he doesn't even know and made Asuna NTR possible. But what confused me even more is how'd Kirito even get Kayaba's GM status? I'm assuming when his ID got transferred to ALO his status was given GM from Kayaba.

This show just creates fake obstacles that boosts Kirito's "inner"(fake) confidence based on what Kayaba said. What makes shows exciting for me is seeing the hero triumph and DESERVING it. Kirito honestly didn't deserve to rescue Asuna, all of the challenges that he faced were facerolls, Kirito didn't struggle.

Sword Art Online has just reached Guilty Crown levels of low for me... The only positive thing about this episode I can say is the animation; the running scenes especially in the beginning looked really fluid
HybridMBLDec 15, 2012 12:09 PM
Dec 15, 2012 11:35 AM

Sep 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
I don't want flame war. Intelligent and reasonable discussion, fine, getting into exchanges of flames with some trolls, absolute waste of time. I mean, most of the haters have made up their minds already, and they are watching the show just to give them the right to trash it, not to look for valid points to discuss.

Since most of the posters so far seem not to be those haters, why don't we agree here that we are not going to feed the trolls by responding to their provocation. After seeing so many ugly and nasty exchanges going on in this SAO section for so long, I think we should learn to work together to make this potentially "shitstorm" thread a better one.

In short, I suggest we do not react to troll posts and we carry on only the meaningful discussion among ourselves. Let the trolls starve is my suggestion.
symbvDec 15, 2012 11:43 AM

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 15, 2012 11:38 AM

Oct 2012
Not a fanboy or a hater but i'm really enjoying the show even if it has a generic plot.
Dec 15, 2012 11:44 AM

Jul 2009
Oh well, the "Final Boss" fight was so.. meh.
Still a good episode.. but im not sure if i should keep the 10/10 on this anime..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 15, 2012 11:47 AM
Oct 2012
symbv said:
I don't want flame war. Intelligent and reasonable discussion, fine, getting into exchanges of flames with some trolls, absolutely waste of time. I mean, most of the haters have made up their minds already, and they are watching the show just to give them the right to trash it, not to look for valid points to discuss.

Since most of the posters so far seem not to be those haters, why don't we agree here that we are not going to feed the trolls by responding to their provocation. After seeing so many ugly and nasty exchanges going on in this SAO section for so long, I think we should learn to work together to make this potentially "shitstorm" thread a better one.

In short, I suggest we do not react to troll posts and we carry on only the meaningful discussion among ourselves. Let the trolls starve is my suggestion.

No problem on my part. Skipped the couple of pure haters, but though I know that hyperknees was not saying that it was a DeM ending, that complaint, I thought, was a valid compliment one could make about the episode and deserved a response at the beginning before it ignited a real flame war.
Dec 15, 2012 11:49 AM
Dec 2012
im so sad becouse next week will be the last episode of a awsome anime. this is the best anime i have seen since 2003 ;(
Dec 15, 2012 11:54 AM

Jul 2010
This episode really made me drop my ranking of this show from 8 to 7.
To be perfectly honest, despite really liking SAO originally, it's gradually gone down hill.
I didn't like this episode, I mean it was pretty funny, but other than that it was quite boring and predictable.
Dec 15, 2012 11:55 AM

Dec 2009
Scrumbag Kirito: saves Asuna, forget 299.
Dec 15, 2012 11:57 AM

Sep 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
though I know that hyperknees was not saying that it was a DeM ending, that complaint, I thought, was a valid compliment one could make about the episode and deserved a response at the beginning before it ignited a real flame war.
No complaint about you responding to hyperknees, who did not sound like a hater anyway (Lolack's post is more like it). My post is more a response to your "Let the Flame War begin!" comment.

Dec 15, 2012 11:57 AM

Oct 2012
Prediction for next episode:

Kirito falls off his bike and dies.
"He's not dead, he's Katsura."
Dec 15, 2012 11:58 AM

May 2011
lillietta said:
im so sad becouse next week will be the last episode of a awsome anime. this is the best anime i have seen since 2003 ;(

To be honest, where have you been since 2003? 2006-2008 had ALOT of huge titles :P
Dec 15, 2012 11:58 AM

Jul 2012
"Oh right, gotta save Asuna first"
-_________________________-

What a disappointing reunion, I wanted Asuna to run into Kirito's arms, not hug "their child" which in reality they only knew for like 3 days.

I felt like the final fight scene was done really well though, at least better than the reunion. How he killed Sugou did make me laugh a bit though :P

Next time a reunion epilogue episode+cliffhanger till next season it would seem.
Not sure how I feel about this cliffhanger after what they did to the first season... Maybe they'll learn form their mistakes and improve? Maybe? I mean it could happen..

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Dec 15, 2012 12:01 PM
Nov 2012
It was ok. I dont know why this series is so popular.

May 2011
QuiGonJon said:
"Oh right, gotta save Asuna first"
-_________________________-

What a disappointing reunion, I wanted Asuna to run into Kirito's arms, not hug "their child" which in reality they only knew for like 3 days.

I felt like the final fight scene was done really well though, at least better than the reunion. How he killed Sugou did make me laugh a bit though :P

Next time a reunion epilogue episode+cliffhanger till next season it would seem.
Not sure how I feel about this cliffhanger after what they did to the first season... Maybe they'll learn form their mistakes and improve? Maybe? I mean it could happen..

Get a new director, maybe the one doing Uchuu Kyoudai or something. He knows how to use flashbacks/monologues really well.

Dec 2011
Amazing Episode! Kirito was epic taking the admin control. Asuna finally saved and gets to go back to the real world. I'm just sad Yui is now alone :(

@lillietta - I agree it's going to be hard to top SAO.

Looking forward to next week!

Sep 2012
^ Yui is not going to be alone. As she said she is living in Kirito's Nervgear and I assume she can even go into Kirito's computer if there is a link (she is a program anyway). Even if that does not happen, Kirito and Asuna probably will come back to that virtual world to be with her.

Uncanny said:
it was quite boring and predictable.
I guess you predicted Kayaba was around in ALO world then? And you predicted that Sugou would really rip off Asuna's dress and was going to rape her in front of Kirito?

To me I think they handled the episode pretty well. Animation better than average. Very strong voice acting. Story is standard but added with its own spice. Pacing and direction is also among the better in the episodes shown so far. Not the best episode but given my not too high expectation of SAO it is a decent episode.

Pages (19) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2012

734 by amf85 »»
Yesterday, 7:25 PM

» Dropping while it's still good ( 1 2 )

SIimyBread - Apr 15

64 by SIimyBread »»
Yesterday, 4:03 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2012

705 by amf85 »»
Yesterday, 3:45 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2012

686 by amf85 »»
Yesterday, 3:18 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2012

745 by amf85 »»
Yesterday, 2:43 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.