Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]
Jan 3, 2019 6:07 PM
Jul 2012
It's so incredibly frustrating to see Yuuta reinforce Rikka's repressionchange just to please other people, instead of considering her actual needs. He's completely overlooking the fact that it's his support and validation that allowed Rikka to go through so much emotional development. She even fell in love and faced that fact, which likely wouldn't have happened without Yuuta actually being there for her.

Unlike Rikka's mom and sister, who understandably wanna force her to face ~~real life~~. They looked at Rikka as a child when deciding to hide her father's failing condition from her, but then expect Rikka to be all adult when it comes to facing the sucker punch of DADDY DEAR being gone. It came out of nowhere from Rikka's perspective, and it broke her. Of course she'd need to face that cruel reality one day. But as with all trauma, this should be done on her own grounds - not based on her coping strategy making her mom and sister worried.

It was Yuuta who acknowledged Rikka for however it is that she was, and it was Yuuta who made her feel loved and worth something, with or without Chu-2. And THAT'S when he starts listening to what her family think?? After he and she broke so much new ground together? The idiot boy even knows this way of doing it isn't good. -_-;;

I just hope that Sanae breaking down and outright yelling at Yuuta about how much his validation actually means to Rikka, how much it helps her, makes him change his approach a bit.
TaerichiJan 3, 2019 6:26 PM
Jan 25, 2019 6:05 PM

Jun 2015
rikka finally seen without her eyepatch and contact, now can we have a dekomori without those bag things at the end of her hair?
Feb 24, 2019 10:37 AM
Jan 2019
I know how Rikka feels. You can see that she isn't happy, but she knows that adapting is necessary.
Dekkomori knows that magic isn't real, but she does know that it's comforting. Not just for her, but for Rikka too.
Rikka at the end mentions Yuuta's name, I wonder what is it that Rikka truly wants. Whatever it is, she needs Yuuta to support her.
Also, If Yuuta loves Rikka back, he must love her for who she is, right? Isn't Rikka a Chuunibyou? Is normal Rikka still Rikka? She was in Chuunibyou form for the majority of her life, doesn't that mean that Chuunibyou Rikka is who she really is? Does normal Rikka still possess the qualities that attracted Yuuta to her? Is she still the same person that Yuuta fell in love with? I don't think even Yuuta knows.
This turned from Clannad to After Story real quick.
Mexican_PelicanFeb 24, 2019 12:08 PM
May 23, 2019 12:55 AM
Aug 2017
Taerichi said:
It's so incredibly frustrating to see Yuuta reinforce Rikka's repressionchange just to please other people, instead of considering her actual needs. He's completely overlooking the fact that it's his support and validation that allowed Rikka to go through so much emotional development. She even fell in love and faced that fact, which likely wouldn't have happened without Yuuta actually being there for her.

Unlike Rikka's mom and sister, who understandably wanna force her to face ~~real life~~. They looked at Rikka as a child when deciding to hide her father's failing condition from her, but then expect Rikka to be all adult when it comes to facing the sucker punch of DADDY DEAR being gone. It came out of nowhere from Rikka's perspective, and it broke her. Of course she'd need to face that cruel reality one day. But as with all trauma, this should be done on her own grounds - not based on her coping strategy making her mom and sister worried.

It was Yuuta who acknowledged Rikka for however it is that she was, and it was Yuuta who made her feel loved and worth something, with or without Chu-2. And THAT'S when he starts listening to what her family think?? After he and she broke so much new ground together? The idiot boy even knows this way of doing it isn't good. -_-;;

I just hope that Sanae breaking down and outright yelling at Yuuta about how much his validation actually means to Rikka, how much it helps her, makes him change his approach a bit.

I agree with ALL of this but I do not blame Yuuta at all. He is still a CHILD that is learning how to be a teenager and an eventual adult. The only people screwing up are the actual adults in Rikka's life. They keep tossing all their responsibilities onto Yuuta and telling HIM to fix what THEY broke. He keeps being guilted and forced to do things he has no business doing. It is the MOTHER'S and sister's responsibility to take care of Rikka. To comfort her, to TALK to her, to ask her how she is feeling and what they can do to help. THEY ALSO NEED TO APOLOGIZE TO RIKKA for being insensitive and selfish by not telling her that her Dad was dieing. They never gave her a chance/choice to deal with her Dad's illness. They never allowed her to grieve and be with her Dad before he passed. He's suddenly dead and she's supposed NOT be traumatized? She's supposed to get over that betrayal and loss? Why, to make it easier on them? Then the mother abandons her kid because she couldn't deal with it? Now she comes back after Rikka was slowly healing and coming to terms with her loss to only traumatize her all over again by taking everything that made her happy away from her and using Yuuta to do it.
The only assholes here are them. /end rant

Sigh, I needed to let that out. Anyways, I don't expect them to take resposibilty for the mess they made so on to the last episode. I think their is a manga, so I'll check that out and see if the show told the whole story.
Jul 19, 2019 4:32 AM
Oct 2018
Such a frustrating episode...Yuuta being shitty yet more than usual by pushing Rikka in a direction that she clearly don’t enjoy just for why exactly? I’m not even sure to understand. It’s seems to make everyone unhappy.
Jul 19, 2019 9:20 PM

Aug 2018
Well Yuuta you sour little shit, dashing someone’s hopes and killing their spirit isn’t all it’s cracked up to be, is it. Cut out the boo hoo hooing, you made this bed, now sleep in it.
Sep 5, 2019 12:56 PM
Sep 2019
3 weeks passed huh... They skipped too much. It feels like a complete new season.

I don't like the new Rikka. Her throwing away everything from her room just because her mom wants it, is so stupid. She was just saying "if it makes my mom happy" the whole episode. It so doesn't feel right.

Sanae fighting over Rikka so much really hurts me. The scene in the clubroom when Shinka needed to drag her out of the room, really got me. With the background music it felt like she was crying as if someone announced that a familiy member or someone close to her died.
Or as if they experienced an explosion, but she was the only one to survive. She wanted to go back inside the building but Shinka stopped her because she would only kill herself... there was fire everywhere and it couldn't be possible someone surviving that.

At the end, when Yuuta shouted at Sanae, telling her that she should start to face reality and that none of her fantasy is right, really got me crying. I just wanted to jump inside the anime and tell him that it is right having a fantasy. Telling her straight to the face that none of her fantasy is real, that something like this doesn't exist... It's so wrong. In fact, Sanae is younger than them, basically a kid. Every kid should have the freedom of fantasy and it shouldn't be stopped, unless they stop it by themselves. Or it will only hurt, like we see in Rikka.

https://i.gifer.com/Jfkz.gif
Nov 23, 2019 5:25 PM
Jul 2016
Man this show went downhill for me starting from the beach episode. I could totally dig this when it was a slice of life type of show with a bunch of cute characters, but the weird and forced drama/romance has made it so cringe that I’m done with it for now.
Dec 26, 2019 10:57 PM

May 2017
Go on yuuta ! Keep sh*ting her untill she kill herself ! I swear this guy will kill everything !

Sasuga Dark Flame Master ! 5/5 cause i almost had a tear lol
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

May 13, 2020 11:45 PM
Apr 2019
I completely thought Yuta was getting on the Train with Rika, but then the doors closed both metaphorically and physically
Aug 17, 2020 3:15 AM

Oct 2016
Great emotional episode, Rikka is still adorable but, I don't like this Rikka at all :((. I wanted Yuuta to say something he knows it too but, I get what he was trying to do and I don't like it. Fantastic episode and really great characters.
Aug 26, 2020 8:57 AM

Aug 2015
One of the best episodes
Dec 9, 2020 9:30 PM

Jan 2019
That was a mess.

I'm a mess.

We're all a teary mess.

Yuuta isn't wrong, he's doing the right thing... but nothing feels right. How incredibly heartbreaking.
Feb 9, 2021 5:20 PM
Sep 2019
Vivir said:
Taerichi said:

I agree with ALL of this but I do not blame Yuuta at all. He is still a CHILD that is learning how to be a teenager and an eventual adult. The only people screwing up are the actual adults in Rikka's life. They keep tossing all their responsibilities onto Yuuta and telling HIM to fix what THEY broke. He keeps being guilted and forced to do things he has no business doing. It is the MOTHER'S and sister's responsibility to take care of Rikka. To comfort her, to TALK to her, to ask her how she is feeling and what they can do to help. THEY ALSO NEED TO APOLOGIZE TO RIKKA for being insensitive and selfish by not telling her that her Dad was dieing. They never gave her a chance/choice to deal with her Dad's illness. They never allowed her to grieve and be with her Dad before he passed. He's suddenly dead and she's supposed NOT be traumatized? She's supposed to get over that betrayal and loss? Why, to make it easier on them? Then the mother abandons her kid because she couldn't deal with it? Now she comes back after Rikka was slowly healing and coming to terms with her loss to only traumatize her all over again by taking everything that made her happy away from her and using Yuuta to do it.

Sigh, I needed to let that out. Anyways, I don't expect them to take resposibilty for the mess they made so on to the last episode. I think their is a manga, so I'll check that out and see if the show told the whole story.
Have to agree with everything you said. Really couldn’t have put it better myself. Needed this comment to relieve me of my frustration from the idiots who continue to blame the wrong people while not looking at things properly. Everyone always seems to forget how old the leads are.
Apr 12, 2021 7:41 AM

Feb 2019
It was quite painful to watch Dekomori this episode... I could feel the loneliness and sense of abandonment...

And even watching Rikka is painful too. I mean, I think her Chuunibyou was over the top, but to suddenly see her like this, it's just... it's not herself. Unlike Yuuta or Nibutani, she didn't want this for herself. You can see the difference in outlook. I think she went normie too much too. There's nothing wrong with liking those rocks, or having that weird club, I think.

This show has gotten much better the last few episodes. It was kinda heartbreaking to watch this episode. I wonder how things will end.
Apr 27, 2021 3:48 PM

Mar 2013
I don't think Yuuta is the bad guy in this episode. There were plenty of times where he showed he was concerned about whether he was doing the right thing and saw that Rikka wasn't happy, and became too reliant on doing what other people wanted her to do, but felt so much pressure from Rikka's mom and sister that he convinced himself that he had to ignore it. Seemed like he was frustrated that he couldn't do anything to help Rikka and it boiled over with Sanae.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Apr 30, 2021 9:44 AM

Jun 2016
The soundtrack for this episode was really well done. It captured the atmosphere perfectly. Sanae character acting was also top-notch. Well done to the seiyuu for that performance too.

I was worried that the drama would ruin the quality that the show was already offering. It's slightly annoying but manageable.
A-Simple-SquireSep 8, 2021 6:02 PM

May 17, 2021 7:45 PM

Jun 2020
A new character for Rikka while Touka left her and her mom to replace her this is some new atmosphere brewing

I honestly loved the old Rikka the new Rikka just doesn't feel right she looks really sad and I don't like it one bit I miss the old Rikka already

This episode really affected Yuuta and Dekomori but mostly it affected Rikka the most since this is a new lifestyle she'll be living with I hope this season ends with a happy conclusion, not a miserable one.
Jul 23, 2021 8:07 PM

Aug 2019
damn the voice acting was phenomenal
Feb 6, 2022 6:46 AM

Dec 2020
Yes, they are stupid kids, but they honestly need to learn the in between and balance of everything. Rikka is the only one in the clear due to having to deal with all the issues; she doesn't know better as much.
MuowFeb 6, 2022 7:06 AM
Apr 10, 2022 3:41 AM

Dec 2014
[quote=Stanlj message=61963291]
Vivir said:
Taerichi said:

Reading these comments helped me collect my thoughts. I couldn't have written this any better. Thanks!

Jun 12, 2022 1:50 AM

Jun 2020
wow rikka is fucking husk without her playful delusions. i miss her. i hope in the end she can find a balance between her imagination and reality.
Jul 23, 2022 8:57 AM
Oct 2019
shit. this is all kinds of sad for a whole different reason now. it seems like she's willing to more readily acknowledge her father's passing now, which is good. but she feels she has to stop doing/being what she has enjoyed for the last few years, and that hurts. and seeing moljnir girl being unable to emotionally handle the change (i.e., cold turkey stoppage of this pretend world altogether) is also hard to watch for me

i would really like to see them continue the far east magical napping club. no eyepatch during school or most other daily activities, but during club and whatever free/play time, whip that eyepatch out and go wild. have fun. be yourself. express yourself. be happy

is she really not going to return, and will stay in her hometown?
Jul 31, 2022 2:16 PM

Jan 2013
Yuuta completely destroyed any spirit and playfulness Rikka had developed.
There's a difference in using your fantasy to completely ignore real issues ... and to be able to cope with them to a certain degree.
I don't know the exact words Yuuta used during that evening but it seems it completely got rid of her inner child and creativity.

Seems Yuuta is slowly realizing this too thankfully so let's hope we can get some sort of resolution of Rikka still being as playful as she was before but also being able to accept reality to a certain extent.
Oct 17, 2022 6:49 AM
Oct 2019
Man by becoming normal Rikka loses all her charm, maybe my fetish for mentally ill chicks is very abnormal, but I liked her with the eithgrader syndrome way more
Dec 13, 2022 11:23 PM
Apr 2020
asfhgbuasdjhxgiharsdbci arsjdxgnvoiajsr dtjn basrouzxtg hje gf
Feb 28, 2023 3:52 AM
Oct 2020
What a heartwrenching heartbreaking episode this was... *sob*
Mar 5, 2023 12:14 AM

Aug 2022
This episode was depressing.
Mar 15, 2023 11:49 AM
Jan 2019
This is the fourth time I've watched this anime in full, and this is the episode that keeps me coming back every time, especially retrospectively. So well written, directed, acted. Probably within my top five favorite individual episodes across all anime I've watched. Such powerful emotions and themes on display here.
Jun 21, 2023 2:45 AM

Nov 2022
I like it how Rikka is willing to abandon everything for Yuuta, even if it makes her so sad. We need more girls like her.

Of course Kumin makes for a good competitor for the best waifu competition. Her pillows, naps and white outfits are just so cute, they give me confidence in her. That she will never hurt or harm me.

However Rikka definitely makes a good case for herself.

It really puzzle me why people even vote for someone like Fake Forest in that best girl poll. Surely you must be insane to like Fake Forest or Pristess fo the Overseers.
Buy my awesome BDSM male domination book here  https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1174760

Visit my Discord https://discord.com/channels/1047490147794550844/1047490149161898039 I am not there most of the time but you can leave a message.

Or my blog here https://BDSMAnime.blogspot.com/
Or here https://BDSMAnime18.blogspot.com/

Submit to me and become my subject here https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=88107
Sep 16, 2023 10:46 AM

Aug 2019
the situation is giving me very mixed feelings too. what really is the right choice?
the scenes with the twintail idiot are supposed to be emotional but i honestly couldnt give a fuck about her. her whole character and the god awful DESU is disgusting i dont want to hear a word she says so i read the sub and hit skip but this damages the scenes
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 15, 2023 12:55 PM
May 2021
I started this anime for the comedy... Where is the comedy bruhh? Till ep 6 it was really funny but from ep 7 it just became so dramatic and boring. Disappointed fr
Oct 15, 2023 12:56 PM
May 2021
Reply to immuslim
Man this show went downhill for me starting from the beach episode. I could totally dig this when it was a slice of life type of show with a bunch of cute characters, but the weird and forced drama/romance has made it so cringe that I’m done with it for now.
@immuslim True man, this show doesn't need such pathetic daram out of no where lol. Boring af
Oct 15, 2023 12:56 PM
May 2021
Reply to immuslim
@immuslim True man, this show doesn't need such pathetic daram out of no where lol. Boring af
Oct 23, 2023 5:29 PM

Sep 2023
Reply to KoiShoudou
I really can't see why some people hated this episode. What's to hate? In fact I think it is one of the best episodes by far. The voice acting was quite something and I even became teary. It was so heart breaking to see Rikka let it all go and become a normal girl even though she didn't want to because her Chuunibyou syndrome comforted her from her family drama. Some people are not getting this and think that Yuuta is trying to take away her "hobby" cause he's an ass, lol no, for one it's not really a hobby it's kind of distraction from reality. A comfort. I think Yuuta was being too much of a 'helping the situation realistically' guy instead of actually comforting the one he loves by giving her an explanation and understanding. Dekomori made my heart melt, the poor girl. Also, I'm hoping what she said to Yuuta at the train station hit him hard, pretty much saying that Rikka had felt let down. I love this show. So sad it's coming to an end. Kyoto animation always makes it double amazing because of their smooth and beautiful animation, like Hyouka. Can't wait for their new series in January!
@KoiShoudou
Agreed. Sometimes the best thing to do feels the worst. And questioning "should I do this" can make things worse when you end up thinking too hard about something simple. Everyone has phases but it wouldn't be healthy to keep someone in a state of mind where they KNOW they are faking it to try to feel better. Rikka and Sanae (and Yuuta) knew the whole time it was imagination but it's like a little kid with an imaginary friend. Can't let yourself begin to believe your own self lie because then mental disorders arise. MPD, bipolar, schizo, etc... It's easy to become deluded by your own false reality when you stop thinking "I'm just having fun" and start thinking "this is real." She needs her mother in her life. Without her more pain and issues could arise.

Edit: Welp... Ep 12 destroyed my whole comment here but I won't spoil it. See my comment in ep 12 discussion
GearheadOtakuOct 23, 2023 5:53 PM
Oct 28, 2023 2:37 PM
Jul 2023
this one made me cry www
Dec 1, 2023 3:39 PM

Dec 2022
Some of the most retarded drama I've ever seen. This anime fails completely at making it appear as anything other than contrived and overdramatic hysteria.

Shaded Horizon

Dec 9, 2023 8:40 AM

Nov 2023
There was a sad scene here that i cant go leaving without left unnoticned
Jan 28, 1:27 AM
Aug 2016
i really want her spark to come back,,, for dub btw (idk abt jp dub) the voice work for dekomori and yuta in the final scene was PHENOMENAL
Feb 22, 1:05 PM

Jul 2016
Don't know what got to me more - watching a lovable weirdo who's lovable for being weird forcing herself to act so lifeless, or what it represents. Kinda embarrassed to admit I started tearing up during Dekomori's breakdown.

Ngl Yuuta's kid sister's "let me see the kids sometimes" line made me laugh so hard that the pain at the end was probs cuz of the dramatic nosedive in mood compared to the start.
Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2012

672 by Ne-mo »»
Apr 20, 1:40 PM

» What would've happened to Rika if Yuuta hadn't reached out to her at the end of the season 1 finale

Soibi - Mar 10

7 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Mar 17, 2:16 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2012

323 by Zimmu »»
Mar 13, 9:09 AM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2012

431 by Devonnius »»
Feb 25, 11:52 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Marow - Dec 5, 2012

323 by FarCritical »»
Feb 19, 11:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.