Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 10, 2012 4:12 PM

Apr 2011
Finally, this is a solid episode and best one in the current arc since episode 16 after two slow episodes of exposition and buildup in which nothing happened in the story. It has cool action and it brings the current arc in the right direction. Can't wait to see what happens next.
"It's called being awesome"
Nov 10, 2012 4:13 PM

Jan 2008
-MgZ_ said:
Well, that's the problem with this whole adaptation. They ain't explaining shit.

Think that's been known since like Ep 3... or possibly 2.
Nov 10, 2012 4:16 PM

Jun 2010
Paul said:
-MgZ_ said:
Well, that's the problem with this whole adaptation. They ain't explaining shit.

True, true.

So does anybody know if they are going to do the
part? I don't really know how they can fit the remaining material into six episodes.
Nov 10, 2012 4:17 PM

Aug 2009
MagicFlier said:
skudoops said:
1. I was referring to the super speed and the OP monster form, unless I'm forgetting the speed in an episode he had neither of those in SAO.

All Spriggans have that speed skill since the beginning, it's just Kirito is abnormally faster because of his stats and his strong reflexes and movement from his real life experiences and traits. As well as that illusion magic that turned him to a monster from his imagination, the illusion shapes by how strong the imagination of the caster is.

No.His real life movement,exp and traits suck for ALO.It's his 2 years exp from SAO that makes him "stronger" than any ALO player.
Nov 10, 2012 4:19 PM

Aug 2009
-MgZ_ said:
Paul said:
-MgZ_ said:

True, true.

part? I don't really know how they can fit the remaining material into six episodes.

These are the titles for the next eps:
Nov 10, 2012 4:24 PM

Jul 2012
ssjokg said:
MagicFlier said:
skudoops said:
1. I was referring to the super speed and the OP monster form, unless I'm forgetting the speed in an episode he had neither of those in SAO.

All Spriggans have that speed skill since the beginning, it's just Kirito is abnormally faster because of his stats and his strong reflexes and movement from his real life experiences and traits. As well as that illusion magic that turned him to a monster from his imagination, the illusion shapes by how strong the imagination of the caster is.

No.His real life movement,exp and traits suck for ALO.It's his 2 years exp from SAO that makes him "stronger" than any ALO player.

Nov 10, 2012 4:27 PM

Oct 2012
Episode was a bit meh, the progression is still slow but atleast I got to finally see a little bit of action.
Nov 10, 2012 4:31 PM
Oct 2012
ssjokg said:
-MgZ_ said:
Paul said:
-MgZ_ said:

True, true.

These are the titles for the next eps:

I think it will be in episode 21.
Nov 10, 2012 4:31 PM

Sep 2009
Lol, surprised that the week's episode thread isn't over 20 pages yet. Guess the new guidelines have done their job ^^

I was expecting more from this episode. It feels rushed and they definitely skimped out on more than a few details. Kirito's transformation into the pseudo-Gleam Eyes was not as epic as I imagined it to be >.<

Nov 10, 2012 4:38 PM

Feb 2012
This episode's adaptation is kinda meh for me...

Didn't like the fight animation~
Nov 10, 2012 4:38 PM
Jun 2010
ssjokg said:
LazyLuong said:
If you enjoy this episode, you are going to enjoy the next episode though I can see troller hating on the upcoming fan service scene XD

But yea, this arc was done far better than SAO arc. I am actually enjoying the series now, unlike before. Well I'm off to rewatch Ixion Saga DT, sadly not as funny as Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou, but it starts off with MC playing online game as well.

Fanservice?You mean

LazyLuongNov 10, 2012 4:42 PM
Nov 10, 2012 4:41 PM
Oct 2010
Aside from my initial complaints does anyone else feel this scenario would have been better in SAO?
Nov 10, 2012 4:42 PM

Feb 2012
LazyLuong said:
ssjokg said:
LazyLuong said:
If you enjoy this episode, you are going to enjoy the next episode though I can see troller hating on the upcoming fan service scene XD

But yea, this arc was done far better than SAO arc. I am actually enjoying the series now, unlike before. Well I'm off to rewatch Ixion Saga DT, sadly not as funny as Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou, but it starts off with MC playing online game as well.

Fanservice?You mean

Oh right~ Now that you mention those :D

Can't wait to see haters hatin'~
Nov 10, 2012 4:42 PM

Aug 2009
lanfire said:
ssjokg said:
MagicFlier said:
skudoops said:

Nov 10, 2012 4:45 PM

Aug 2009
LazyLuong said:
ssjokg said:
LazyLuong said:

Fanservice?You mean

For Asuna I start to doubt if they will even animate anything from that scene...
As for the other.I dont remember if it happened like that but even if it did that is like the most "soft" fanservice you could ever see in anime.
Nov 10, 2012 4:51 PM

Jan 2008
ssjokg said:
LazyLuong said:
ssjokg said:
LazyLuong said:

Fanservice?You mean

For Asuna I start to doubt if they will even animate anything from that scene...
As for the other.I dont remember if it happened like that but even if it did that is like the most "soft" fanservice you could ever see in anime.

Loli had tentacles so I don't know why Asuna can't. Lol. Yea I don't remember her name cause I don't care about her.
Nov 10, 2012 4:52 PM
Jun 2010
lol, yea, it's pretty soft. But like you said I won't be surprise if they do cut it out or change the scene concerning asuna's case.
Nov 10, 2012 5:01 PM

Jul 2012
ssjokg said:
lanfire said:
ssjokg said:
MagicFlier said:
skudoops said:

Nov 10, 2012 5:10 PM

Mar 2012

What's wrong with this? this isn't about episode 19 anymore.

xuezhi said:
Lol, surprised that the week's episode thread isn't over 20 pages yet. Guess the new guidelines have done their job ^^

I was expecting more from this episode. It feels rushed and they definitely skimped out on more than a few details. Kirito's transformation into the pseudo-Gleam Eyes was not as epic as I imagined it to be >.<

This and UTW haven't released yet.
Nov 10, 2012 5:17 PM
Jun 2010
true, I usually wait for UTW release, but this arc has been doing well enough for me to get impatient and start watching it from first group release. The version I will archive would be form UTW though.

If only SAO arc were to be done this well, I would have rated this series an 8(7.X), but since it wasn't, I will continue to leave it at 7(6.X).
Nov 10, 2012 5:20 PM

Aug 2009
lanfire said:
ssjokg said:
lanfire said:
ssjokg said:
MagicFlier said:
skudoops said:

That aside I cant wait for more Alicia Rue.
Nov 10, 2012 5:23 PM

Oct 2010
itsvero said:
But what the fuck, Kirito; why in God's name did you bite her fingers...
Because it can be considered as a sexual innuendo and they wanted Kirito to do something sexy to her. Biting can be acceptable. I was hoping more of Kirito to bite her ears.
Sushii27 said:
LOL Kirito's transformation looking somewhat similar to Goku during full moon xD
Yeah that tail there.
Yumekichi11Nov 10, 2012 5:33 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 10, 2012 5:23 PM

Jul 2012
LOL Kirito's transformation looking somewhat similar to Goku during full moon xD
Nov 10, 2012 5:33 PM

Oct 2010
LazyLuong said:
What's this a fan service part? Of what in the next episode? PM someone some details of this. I need to get ready.
ssjokg said:
LazyLuong said:

Fanservice?You mean
That's all? Surely there will be possible change to it?
LazyLuong said:
ssjokg said:
LazyLuong said:

Fanservice?You mean

OK so it's about that. Oh dear tentacle crap and breast squeezing gimmicks mainly?

Whatever makes $$$ in thee end right? Well if I can say some hot booty from the Cat girl then it's all cool.
Paul said:
ssjokg said:
LazyLuong said:
ssjokg said:
LazyLuong said:

Fanservice?You mean

Loli had tentacles so I don't know why Asuna can't. Lol. Yea I don't remember her name cause I don't care about her.
You mean the Keiko part? That was plant rape but the vines were tentacle like.

And yeah the series has at most soft service.

Nov 10, 2012 5:38 PM

May 2012
Awesome episode in my opinion! The battle system in ALO seems a lot more like actual MMORPGSs that I've seen, such as LoL. Fights in SAO were mostly just like real world fights, but ALO fights seem to require more strategy, which I can appreciate. Kirito is as beastly as ever with his new genjutsu skills! I'm also starting to really like Lyfa. Which is kinda funny since I don't really care for real life Suguha! Suguha as Lyfa just seems way hotter to me! If Asuna didn't exist, and if they weren't related, I would totally be a Kirito x Lyfa shipper!

I wonder how Kirito and Lyfa will be able to stop the Salamanders from deceiving the other two guilds. Hopefully there will be some massive all out battle next week! Anyway great episode, and I look forward to the next.
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Nov 10, 2012 5:38 PM

Jul 2012
@ssjokg

Cool I'll have to find that and check it out.

KaiKatsuya said:

So? It's harmless and started on topic.
Nov 10, 2012 5:40 PM

Jan 2012
I don't like how kirito can go from "I must save Asuna, even if it costs me my life blah blah blah" to...well.... this episode.
Nov 10, 2012 5:41 PM

Aug 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
LazyLuong said:

OK so it's about that. Oh dear tentacle crap and breast squeezing gimmicks mainly?

Whatever makes $$$ in thee end right? Well if I can say some hot booty from the Cat girl then it's all cool.
Paul said:
ssjokg said:
LazyLuong said:
ssjokg said:
LazyLuong said:

Fanservice?You mean

In Asuna's case

In other words fans will like it as much they liked Sugou touching her.

Haters and trolls on the other hand...
ssjokgNov 10, 2012 5:45 PM
Nov 10, 2012 5:47 PM

Jul 2012
ssjokg said:
Yumekichi11 said:
LazyLuong said:

Paul said:
ssjokg said:
LazyLuong said:
ssjokg said:
LazyLuong said:

Fanservice?You mean

In Asuna's case

lol
Nov 10, 2012 5:48 PM

Oct 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
lionheart04 said:
symbv said:
this one
love how the show prioritize suguha's boobs than her full expression of her face

Its what sells, you can't really blame them for that, what fans or haters/critics think of the story aside they are in it to make money, adding scenes like that here and there shouldn't be surprising.
I can see a lot of shows that sells that doesn't use that
Nov 10, 2012 5:50 PM

Jan 2008
lanfire said:
ssjokg said:
Yumekichi11 said:
LazyLuong said:

Paul said:
ssjokg said:
LazyLuong said:
ssjokg said:
LazyLuong said:

Fanservice?You mean

In Asuna's case

lol

That was the best part of Tower of Druaga.
Nov 10, 2012 5:55 PM

Jul 2012
Whoa... Kirito's illusion magic looked like that minotaur boss, I think it was Gleam Eyes? Well that was damn awesome. Though I did not like the noise it makes, like its growls, it was awesome! OMG... It was already bad enough that Sugu fell in love with Kazuto, now Kirito is leading her on to falling in love with him. Damn, is Kirito a gigolo or what? That scene when Kirito bit Sugu's finger was kind of humorous. The anime may not be that good compared to the LN, but it does have some good points. :)
Nov 10, 2012 5:58 PM
Jun 2010
tbh, when I saw kirito form in this episode, I was thinking of Ragnarok Online Baphomet ^^;
Nov 10, 2012 6:04 PM

Jul 2012
LazyLuong said:
tbh, when I saw kirito form in this episode, I was thinking of Ragnarok Online Baphomet ^^;

:< needs a nice large scythe!
Nov 10, 2012 6:21 PM

Oct 2010
ssjokg said:
Yumekichi11 said:
LazyLuong said:

Paul said:
ssjokg said:
LazyLuong said:
ssjokg said:
LazyLuong said:

Fanservice?You mean

In Asuna's case

I will be best polishing and keep safe my GIF time as to do much of them from that scene. Please make them stop by all means after the best happens.

I am kind of a Asuna in pain lover since her molestation she looks rather enticing from her expressions. Am I the only one?

Nov 10, 2012 6:34 PM
Jul 2012
Yumekichi11 said:
I am kind of a Asuna in pain lover since her molestation she looks rather enticing from her expressions. Am I the only one?

No, well, i find it enciting in a diffrent way, not sexually but sadistically.... I hate her
Nov 10, 2012 6:47 PM

Mar 2012
lanfire said:
KaiKatsuya said:

I don't think you should be discussing this here, it's an episode 19 discussion thread, You guys are discussing the novel using [spoilers] as an excuse.
Nov 10, 2012 7:01 PM

Jul 2012
Not gonna lie, I enjoyed it. I like the setting of the world. It's nice. The suspense was interesting and the action wasn't too bad.

Kazuto transforming into Monster-kun reminded me of Ichigo (Bleach) and Goku (DB). :P Suguha reminded me of Orihime for that moment..
MayukaNov 10, 2012 7:05 PM
Nov 10, 2012 7:13 PM

Jul 2012
KaiKatsuya said:
lanfire said:
KaiKatsuya said:

I don't think you should be discussing this here, it's an episode 19 discussion thread, You guys are discussing the novel using [spoilers] as an excuse.

I would agree if it didn't start and have anything todo with the questions of Kirito moving so fast.
Nov 10, 2012 7:24 PM

Apr 2012
Kirito is getting even more ridiculous by the minute!
He turned into the SAO boss? didn't expect that! The LN didn't say anything bout that so its really awesome to see him go beserk and become a mob boss for once.
Next ep is about him saving the two leaders and fighting a strong opponent. Kirito is the definition of badass imo.
The Art of Shipping is no mere game. It can be small skirmishes to huge nation size wars.
Of course some will claim their ship is the BATTLESHIP but they all do. This is why battles occur because of factions fighting each other to justify their favourite ship.
And thus SHIP to SHIP combat occurs almost anytime even now.
Beware, Threading into the Shipping battlefield will be bloody.... What are you waiting for?
Nov 10, 2012 7:36 PM

Sep 2008
Just realized no ones mentioned this(or I might have missed it). Has anyone else noticed that there is a big plot-hole throughout the ALO arc, which is that no ones reported Kirito for being so OP. If we're to believe that they are in an MMORPG and he can do shit like what happened in this episode(or even next), why hasn't anyone gone to an administrator about it? We have ppl banned in MAL for tamer stuff than what Kirito's done in the last 3 eps, yet no ones thought "hang on a minute, we just got owned by 1 guy who transformed into something no ones ever seen before(specially when illusion magics spose to be shit)"

anyways...food for thought
Nov 10, 2012 7:41 PM
Sep 2012
Scrypt said:
Just realized no ones mentioned this(or I might have missed it). Has anyone else noticed that there is a big plot-hole throughout the ALO arc, which is that no ones reported Kirito for being so OP. If we're to believe that they are in an MMORPG and he can do shit like what happened in this episode(or even next), why hasn't anyone gone to an administrator about it? We have ppl banned in MAL for tamer stuff than what Kirito's done in the last 3 eps, yet no ones thought "hang on a minute, we just got owned by 1 guy who transformed into something no ones ever seen before(specially when illusion magics spose to be shit)"

Guess most people don't know that he's new to ALO. They assume that he's just an unknown player that focused on leveling up instead of going around and making a name for himself.
Nov 10, 2012 7:44 PM

Jan 2011
I kind of felt like the show just completely paused for one whole episode the main story seemed distant and irrelavent
Nov 10, 2012 7:51 PM
Sep 2012
LancelotTypeZero said:
I kind of felt like the show just completely paused for one whole episode the main story seemed distant and irrelavent
It sort of did towards the end when Recon told Suguha about the attack and Suguha and Kirito went off to save the leaders.

As long as there's lots of action in the next episode, I'm all for it since the action so far is kind of lacking.
Nov 10, 2012 7:59 PM

Sep 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
the haters are that freaken predictable, its kinda sad that they put no thought into their criticism either, makes me feel bad for those who actual have valid reasons to dislike the show and they are just flooded out by endless trolling. Valid criticism with evidence to back it up not biased opinions is unfortunately a minority in this thread.
I have to agree with you, the extreme and radical views (not to say excessive negativity and sarcasm), some may be trolling but some seem genuinely held but still far-fetched, clearly made valid discussions including any balanced criticism here a lot harder than it should be.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 10, 2012 8:02 PM

May 2011
Scrypt said:

Games been out for a year, theres bound to be a few hardcore hardcore players, and the transformation is probably just a cosmetic thing, and a range buff as they said. And this is an asian MMO, so if i go by that logic, a player can literally be like that. And the magic is suppose to be shit for combat uses, which can be interpreted as in, it doesn't heal, buff, or damage.
RockerXDNov 11, 2012 6:59 AM
Nov 10, 2012 8:04 PM

Aug 2012
Getting a little bored of SAO lol, I really don't see Kirito as a badass, more so just a weird guy who has random urges to kill
Nov 10, 2012 8:05 PM

Oct 2012
I don't know if I'm the only one, but I'm a pretty big SAO fan, love the series, don't care for the hate, but I didn't quite like this episode, I don't know, just seemed off-track on a lot of stuff, hopefully everything has happened has something to do with what he will be doing later on to get Asuna out, if not than its just a filler episode which I'm disappointed in, because there are so few left, and I don't want the last few to be rushed.
Nov 10, 2012 8:09 PM

Aug 2011
DStev said:
Getting a little bored of SAO lol, I really don't see Kirito as a badass, more so just a weird guy who has random urges to kill

You are one of the more sensible viewers.
Nov 10, 2012 8:11 PM

Apr 2012
DStev said:

2 years of saved up semen can make you very frustrated.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Pages (14) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kirito is the most best realistic character ever created. ( 1 2 )

Zark_42 - Apr 20

85 by LostSpectre »»
Apr 23, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Why does everyone call SAO an isekai ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

xMyst93 - May 1, 2020

164 by OneAutmmLeaf »»
Apr 21, 7:12 PM

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

70 by Zimmu »»
Apr 21, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 22, 2012

1445 by abahterunh »»
Apr 20, 9:10 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

949 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 20, 7:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.