Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 24, 2012 12:22 PM

Jan 2012
heh byakuya is caught up in epicness as always... right?
ichigo _._ please_._dont_._
Oct 24, 2012 12:48 PM

May 2009
Spkilla said:
:P Apparently If Ichigo Had Died He Could Have Been "Resurrected"
So Maybe Byakuya Might Come Back :P

NO! Enough with people wanting Byakuya back. We need people to start dying in Bleach, finally. Besides, Byakuya's character was pretty much consumed.
Oct 24, 2012 12:55 PM
Sep 2012
@ Fai I agree with most of what you said last page, except for Ichigo being Smart. Ichigo is good at understanding others intents and emotions, as well as being gifted in battle tactics and mastering abilities relatively quickly. He is emotionally competent, But Ichigo is Not smart. He has shown time and time again that he lacks intelligence compared to others in Bleach.

Coincidentally, the whole premise of being a superb Quincy is being really intelligent. The smarter one is, the more adept they are at being a Quincy. The whole idea of mastering the Quincy's abilities is being able to manipulate Reishi, and the more gifted one is with intelligence the better they understand the correlation between Reishi, and how it is woven into the fabric of the physical world around them. It has nothing to to with physical, or spiritual strength.

This is shown and explained in I think Chapter 123/124. When Ishida is fighting Kurotsuchi, and is paralyzed by his technique, Ishida employs Ransoutengia to use the Reishi around him to work himself like a puppet, which requires having complete mastery over the spirit particles around you. Kurotsuchi says that in examining and dissecting like 2660 Quincy's, not one of them could use Ransoutengia, the most powerful Reishi manipulating Quincy technique. Kurotsuchi then says that he "understands" and calls Ishida a "genius". This leads one to believe that to become a great Quincy, you have to be extremely intelligent.

As for Ichigo, he hasn't shown even the slightest aptitude for being able to control Reishi. On the way to Hueco Mundo he could not even make a decent path to walk on, which is one of the most basic, and fundamental Reishi manipulating skills. Intelligence wise, Ichigo is an idiot. So how can he all of a sudden use a technique as advanced as Blut Vene which controls Reishi within your bloodstream to a degree of precision accuracy? I guess the only thing that remains to be seen is whether or not Blut Vene is an instinct driven technique, or one which requires practice and skill in controlling Reishi for it's mastery. I sincerely hope it's not the latter or it will be just hilarious to me. I'm usually an advocate for Kubo's antics when writing ,but this would be too much for even the most steadfast Bleach fan to endure.

I can except, and understand, consecutive power-ups for the main character, but a "Power-up" on Intelligence cannot be allowed. There must be another explanation, so I will give Kubo the benefit of the doubt on this one.

And BTW, the first half of this chapter should have filled the first 2 pages at the most. This is getting frustrating.
Oct 24, 2012 12:56 PM

Sep 2012
Don't go and tell me that Ichigo has gained Quincy powers on top of have Shinigami powers, Visored powers, AND having that pointless Fullbring! I actually kind of liked that idea of Ichigo being brainwashed, but then Kubo had to ruin in with THAT ending.

On another note: Byakuya FINALLY died.
Oct 24, 2012 12:58 PM
Feb 2012
Trexx25 said:
This is shown and explained in I think Chapter 123/124. When Ishida is fighting Kurotsuchi, and is paralyzed by his technique, Ishida employs Ransoutengia to use the Reishi around him to work himself like a puppet, which requires having complete mastery over the spirit particles around you. Kurotsuchi says that in examining and dissecting like 2660 Quincy's, not one of them could use Ransoutengia, the most powerful Reishi manipulating Quincy technique. Kurotsuchi then says that he "understands" and calls Ishida a "genius". This leads one to believe that to become a great Quincy, you have to be extremely intelligent.

I don't think he meant a literal genius, just saying it as Uryu being a really skilled Quincy.
Oct 24, 2012 12:58 PM

Aug 2012
Great chapter!! ^^

Blut Vene? A quincy technique but how the hell?.. I'm guessing Ishida must have had something to do with it, but even so.. isn't it an 'advanced' technique??

Blut Vene:
''The defensive form of Blut that grants the user inhuman durability, represented by a faint pattern tracing the veins beneath the surface of their skin, which is only visible on the afflicted area when struck. If consciously kept at full power, even attacks delivered by a Shinigami's Bankai can potentially be negated completely.
However, despite the considerable defense afforded by this technique, it seemingly isn't absolute and can be torn using sufficient power.''

It would be hard to believe if Ichigo became able to use that power in an instant.. need the next chapter to explain it! ><
Oct 24, 2012 1:14 PM

Apr 2011
I hate how it took like 4 pages for Byakuya to die :/ I was expecting a little more from this chapter but the ending was pretty awesome
Oct 24, 2012 1:20 PM

Nov 2011
Spkilla said:

He didn't die, he said he was "barely breathing." That's why he wanted to take him back and brainwash him I guess. Although of course he used Blue Vene, which saved him from a fatal blow to the neck.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Oct 24, 2012 1:20 PM

May 2011
Bleach has become so retarded that it's fun to read again.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Oct 24, 2012 1:22 PM
Feb 2012
Ragix said:
Spkilla said:

He didn't die, he said he was "barely breathing." That's why he wanted to take him back and brainwash him I guess. Although of course he used Blue Vene, which saved him from a fatal blow to the neck.

I think they're referring to Ichigo getting a hole in his chest against Ulquiorra.
Oct 24, 2012 1:22 PM
Sep 2012
@Aldo512 said " I don't think he meant a literal genius, just saying it as Uryu being a really skilled Quincy".

No, he actually meant Ishida is literally a Genius like Einstein. Ishida's intelligence could quite possibly rival that of Urahara's. That's why Kurotsuchi said "For one so young to be able to use this technique, you are a Genius". There's a reason why he is also the number one student in a Japanese school, has completely mastered Reishi as a 17 year old kid, and arguably his two biggest fights in Bleach were against two other Genius/Mad Scientists. That's because he Really Is a Genius.
Trexx25Oct 24, 2012 1:30 PM
Oct 24, 2012 1:24 PM

Aug 2012
Dont really care about Ichigo he is hacking:
RIP Byakuya
Oct 24, 2012 1:59 PM

Oct 2008
I'm not sure I'm ready to swallow this "Ichigo's mom was a Quincy" pill that many in this thread seem to be (or at least preparing to) prescribing. That would mean that as a Quincy his mom was killed by a lowly Hollow. Pretty pathetic unless she lost her powers much like Isshin lost his powers. I don't think his mom would necessarily need to be a Quincy for Ichigo to able to manipulate Reishi. I'm not dismissing the theory outright. But I feel it is more unlikely than likely that Ichigo's mom was a Quincy.

Short chapter... too short. I can't believe Kubo has made two really short chapters back to back like this.
Oct 24, 2012 2:01 PM

Feb 2010
Ichigo you are sure full of surprises like using Blut Vene, and the last page looks nice, Ichigo's counter attack begins.
Oct 24, 2012 2:08 PM

Mar 2012
Where I have seen this before? *facepalm*
Oct 24, 2012 2:31 PM
Sep 2011
I was also thinking that maybe his mom was a quincy. because as stated that would be a reason for his dad to be kicked out of soul society.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/MrsRoyMustang&sclick=1]
Oct 24, 2012 2:57 PM
Mar 2012
Trexx25 said:
@Aldo512 said " I don't think he meant a literal genius, just saying it as Uryu being a really skilled Quincy".

No, he actually meant Ishida is literally a Genius like Einstein. Ishida's intelligence could quite possibly rival that of Urahara's. That's why Kurotsuchi said "For one so young to be able to use this technique, you are a Genius". There's a reason why he is also the number one student in a Japanese school, has completely mastered Reishi as a 17 year old kid, and arguably his two biggest fights in Bleach were against two other Genius/Mad Scientists. That's because he Really Is a Genius.

You've got a point there. He took down a captain using his power. I'm really looking forward to a powered up Ishida. I really, really hope he wasn't hiding his abilities for sinister reasons. I can't get the 'final arc' cover out of my head. It's supposed to be bach at the centre, but it might be ishida, judging from how slim the front figure is. We know the one to the left is Haschwald...
Oct 24, 2012 3:13 PM
Mar 2012
here is the best part of the chapter
Oct 24, 2012 3:29 PM
Sep 2011
Arashi89 said:
Kubo is that asshole kid who keeps adding things they can do when you play pretend on the playground.

Exactly. Instead of deepening the characters and the plot, he just piles up new people, random stories and techniques. Ichigo having quincy powers is the most retarded thing Kubo has done.

AND my favorite character is dead.

Time to drop.
Oct 24, 2012 3:42 PM

Apr 2010
Quincy power out of the blue? I'll wait for next week's explanation or some good action.

kaguraxxx said:
Arashi89 said:
Kubo is that asshole kid who keeps adding things they can do when you play pretend on the playground.

Exactly. Instead of deepening the characters and the plot, he just piles up new people, random stories and techniques. Ichigo having quincy powers is the most retarded thing Kubo has done.

Time to drop.

Drop after 513 chapters? Like it could happen, it's almost over.
Oct 24, 2012 3:45 PM

Dec 2010
Well they had to get to Ichigo's origin eventually, i suppose thats not a bad way to do it

RIP Byakuya
Oct 24, 2012 3:56 PM
Feb 2012
And the main protagonist powers up again.
Oct 24, 2012 4:45 PM
Jul 2012
1) The perspective of the sword in ichigo's neck changes. The first panel we see it, his neck is hidden by a rock. But the sword looks like it's penetrating his neck. Look how the blade goes past his chin. I originally thought he somehow missed. The next panel shows the sword barely penetrating his neck. Dafuq?

2) Regarding ichigo using blut vene. We've seen it time and time again where the opponent assumes he knows whats going on. First thought is Aizen v FGT Ichigo. He says ichigo's thrown away his reiatsu to improve his physical attributes. Not sure how many people believed it but i thought it to be true as well. Until we got shown different a few chapters later. Remember it was Juha who said it was blut vene, not Ichigo. He could be wrong.

Anyone seeing an epic similarity between gin and byakuya's last words? hehe
ArchnemesisOct 24, 2012 4:49 PM
Oct 24, 2012 7:51 PM

Apr 2008
I'm only ok with this if it has something to do with Ichigo's mom.
Oct 24, 2012 7:52 PM

Aug 2008
i always said there was something wrong with Ichigo's eyes from the beginning. every time during a last fight or power up his eyes was focused on. maybe im just over analyzing things maybe not but if has Quincy powers then the eye can be explained as dormant power's help.
Oct 24, 2012 8:24 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Ichigo hax like always.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 24, 2012 10:31 PM
Mar 2009
Looks like Byakuya is dead. Dang Kubo, killing off one of your more popular characters.

Say what...? Ichigo gots dem Quincy powers now too? What the fuck.
Oct 24, 2012 10:39 PM
Oct 2012
Does anyone think it would be possible that urahara or whoever showed up to kill kirge to use the medallion to steal blut vene from kirges body, so that ichigo would have blut vene now?
Oct 24, 2012 10:41 PM

Mar 2011
^I think it's given that the medalion is just for Bankai. And Ichigo is bound to gather all the powers in him so I guess it's genuine Blut vene
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
and now we are two and one of us has to be shit."
-Mr.Freeman
Oct 24, 2012 10:47 PM
Oct 2012
Drpayne said:
are you fu**ing kidding me? half the people here have absolutely no idea what the hell they are watching......what is blut vene?!!? i think it has been mentioned like 100 times already and they still don't know what it is....no wonder many of you don't like bleach....'cause you have no idea what the hell you are watching

100% agree lol, this reminds me when people were asking why yama-jii did not use bankai againts Aizen x)
Oct 24, 2012 11:37 PM

May 2009
Quincies aren't a race so it's understandable that Ichigo can gain some of their powers but not in the short time that he did.
"Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis" Which means "It's not for me, It's not for you. It's for everyone"
Oct 24, 2012 11:47 PM

Jul 2007
Chimasternmay said:
i always said there was something wrong with Ichigo's eyes from the beginning. every time during a last fight or power up his eyes was focused on. maybe im just over analyzing things maybe not but if has Quincy powers then the eye can be explained as dormant power's help.

There's something VERY wrong with Ichigo.

Grand Fisher said "Ichigo is a being of true blood", Aizen knew about Ichigo since his birth, Ukitake and Shunsui talked about Ichigo as if having observed him for a long time.

In addiition to that, Ichigo looks like Kaien, which was also implied to be not just art-shortcoming, but actual plot-point for this story arc.

kaguraxxx said:
Arashi89 said:

Time to drop.

Except that most of stuff that happened has been foreshadowed before.

I guess when Aizen and Ichigo start double-teaming Bach, people will whine yet again about "asspull"....despite that being foreshadowed since start of fullbring arc.

Trexx25 said:
@ Fai I agree with most of what you said last page, except for Ichigo being Smart. Ichigo is good at understanding others intents and emotions, as well as being gifted in battle tactics and mastering abilities relatively quickly. He is emotionally competent, But Ichigo is Not smart. He has shown time and time again that he lacks intelligence compared to others in Bleach.

We are talking about Ichigo who figured out how to do shunpo, BEFORE he even knew such thing existed (when fighting about Inoue's brother).

Ichigo who mastered fullbring tech without even trying.

Ichigo who is consistently at the top of his class in terms of grades, despite well, not being in school much.

Ichigo who can very well analyze his opponents and has been shown to be capable of learning things
very fast.

Ichigo who used a lot of strategizing against Kirge, artificially drawing out the fight to find new stuff about Kirge's techniques.

What you are talking is wisdom, not intelligence. Ichigo is not always wise. But he is always intelligent. That intelligence can be clouded by emotions sometimes, but a clear-headed Ichigo is the most dangerous thing in Bleach after Aizen and Urahara.
Oct 25, 2012 12:12 AM
Aug 2012
In a different forum i read a post from a guy with a really good theory. So far since the beginning ichigo has been able to mirror his enemy's powers or learn from ppl around him.
Oct 25, 2012 1:34 AM
Oct 2012
Dark_Crow210 said:
In a different forum i read a post from a guy with a really good theory. So far since the beginning ichigo has been able to mirror his enemy's powers or learn from ppl around him.

Can you give us a link to this theory?
Oct 25, 2012 1:58 AM
Apr 2008
yet another bullshit powerup for Ichigo, surprise, surprise ..
Oct 25, 2012 5:31 AM

Oct 2010
The supposedly Quincy mom died a dog's death at the hands of an asswipe that is Grand Fisher, all because she has forgotten that there's Quincy skill known as Hirenkyaku. Sounds legit. ;P
Oct 25, 2012 5:32 AM

Jul 2007
Bloodios said:
The supposedly Quincy mom died a dog's death at the hands of an asswipe that is Grand Fisher, all because she has forgotten that there's Quincy skill known as Hirenkyaku. Sounds legit. ;P

Or she used the quincy ultimate technique and has lost her powers, just like Isshin did with FGT.
Oct 25, 2012 6:23 AM

Oct 2010
Fai said:
Or she used the quincy ultimate technique and has lost her powers, just like Isshin did with FGT.
Then I guess unlike Ishida, she's naive enough believe that she can just stroll around town without even considering carrying any "tool" in case of "emergency" knowing that her son might have the "potential" to extract "unwanted attentions"...
Oct 25, 2012 7:15 AM
Oct 2012
I have a theory regarding Ichigo's 'new' power. I think he possesses some sort of ability to absorb powers. Think Peter Pitrelli from Heroes. Peter could absorb and use a person's ability just by standing close to them. The only difference is that Ichigo's ability activates when he receives a life threatening blow.

Shinigami:
Remember how he became a Shinigami in the first chapter: He absorbed Rukia's power after she stabbed him in the stomach.

Full Hollow:
Though it wasn't explained (poor job on Kubo's part) during his fight with Ulquiorra, Ichigo got a chunk of him blown out [he died and absorbed Ulquiorra's ability]

Fullbring:
Didn't he have to die? I'm not sure. Didn't consider that an 'arc' so I didn't read it.

Quincy:
Now in Chapter 513 he received another life threatening blow [and absorbed Quincy abilities].

Kubo doesn't give you much to go with anyway so please take this with a pinch of salt and warm up to the idea that it probably won't be explained. Ever.
Oct 25, 2012 7:38 AM

Jul 2008
Bloodios said:
Fai said:
Then I guess unlike Ishida, she's naive enough believe that she can just stroll around town without even considering carrying any "tool" in case of "emergency" knowing that her son might have the "potential" to extract "unwanted attentions"...

She's a human and she raised Ichigo alonside Isshin for years, (probably) without encountering any problem .
Obviously they were probably very cautious at first but with the number of years they were together without any problem, they became less and less cautious about it and that's pretty much normal for a human being.
Oct 25, 2012 8:16 AM
Jul 2012
miwaca said:
I have a theory regarding Ichigo's 'new' power. I think he possesses some sort of ability to absorb powers. Think Peter Pitrelli from Heroes. Peter could absorb and use a person's ability just by standing close to them. The only difference is that Ichigo's ability activates when he receives a life threatening blow.

Shinigami:
Remember how he became a Shinigami in the first chapter: He absorbed Rukia's power after she stabbed him in the stomach.

Full Hollow:
Though it wasn't explained (poor job on Kubo's part) during his fight with Ulquiorra, Ichigo got a chunk of him blown out [he died and absorbed Ulquiorra's ability]

Fullbring:
Didn't he have to die? I'm not sure. Didn't consider that an 'arc' so I didn't read it.

Quincy:
Now in Chapter 513 he received another life threatening blow [and absorbed Quincy abilities].

Kubo doesn't give you much to go with anyway so please take this with a pinch of salt and warm up to the idea that it probably won't be explained. Ever.

Rukia stabbed him through the heart, transferring her powers to him, not his stomach.

When ulquiorra blew that hole in him he wasnt completely dead. He was still thinking "i have to save her." His inner hollow came to the surface unhinged and untamed.

Fullbring: He didnt die, he was blinded by Ginjo so he could 'see'.

Quincy: As i said in a previous post, just because Juha called it Blut Vene, doesnt necessarily mean he's right. We've been trolled before in the same manner. A character will state something (Aizen re Ichigo giving up his reiatsu to improve physical, Yamaji saying they couldn't take his bankai because they didn't understand it)
Oct 25, 2012 8:18 AM
Jul 2012
Fai said:
Chimasternmay said:

There's something VERY wrong with Ichigo.

Grand Fisher said "Ichigo is a being of true blood", Aizen knew about Ichigo since his birth, Ukitake and Shunsui talked about Ichigo as if having observed him for a long time.

In addiition to that, Ichigo looks like Kaien, which was also implied to be not just art-shortcoming, but actual plot-point for this story arc.

kaguraxxx said:
Arashi89 said:

Time to drop.

Except that most of stuff that happened has been foreshadowed before.

I guess when Aizen and Ichigo start double-teaming Bach, people will whine yet again about "asspull"....despite that being foreshadowed since start of fullbring arc.

Trexx25 said:

We are talking about Ichigo who figured out how to do shunpo, BEFORE he even knew such thing existed (when fighting about Inoue's brother).

Ichigo who mastered fullbring tech without even trying.

Ichigo who is consistently at the top of his class in terms of grades, despite well, not being in school much.

Ichigo who can very well analyze his opponents and has been shown to be capable of learning things
very fast.

Ichigo who used a lot of strategizing against Kirge, artificially drawing out the fight to find new stuff about Kirge's techniques.

What you are talking is wisdom, not intelligence. Ichigo is not always wise. But he is always intelligent. That intelligence can be clouded by emotions sometimes, but a clear-headed Ichigo is the most dangerous thing in Bleach after Aizen and Urahara.

I love your post mate. Pretty much what i was thinking but couldn't be bothered to type. Kudos

My theory is that Ichigo is Kaien. When souls in SS die, they get reborn. I don't know how long he ago Kaien died, but it could explain the similar looks? Might be why Ichigo had innate shinigami powers?
ArchnemesisOct 25, 2012 8:37 AM
Oct 25, 2012 10:22 AM
Sep 2012
@ Fai Everything you just said, basically proves my point. You have wisdom and intelligence mixed up. I agreed, and stated above that Ichigo is exceptional as a fighter and tactician, and his ability to master new Fighting techniques is second to none. He has outstanding instincts when it comes to fighting and being able to understand your opponent on a physical and emotional level. All the things you listed ,except for the school grades, are characteristics of being a great fighter. However, that does correlate into intelligence. Ichigo is WISE beyond his years, but Not even in the same class as Urahara, Aizen, or Ishida in terms of sheer intelligence. This is shown time and time again when he has to do something with finesse like manipulating Reishi. He has an extremely difficult time with even the most basic tasks i.e. building a walkway into Hueco Mundo, or controlling his spiritual pressure like he needed to do the first time Ichigo and Co. invaded soul society. Ishida, Chad, and even Inoue had completely mastered it, and it took Ichigo all night to become even mildly proficient at it. Also, in every battle when his opponent starts talking to him with even the slightest subtle in their words, rather than try to have a intelligent discussion, he just tells them to shut the hell up.

And as for being at the top of his class, i'm not even sure if that's correct, but if so, it's because Isshin rides his ass all the time to become a better student.
Oct 25, 2012 11:08 AM
Jul 2012
He wasn't top of his class, but he was near it. Keigo got upset because Ichigo wasnt in the low ranks like him, which surprised him because Ichigo barely paid attention even before becoming a shinigami and being distracted with saving lives and whatnot. Pretty sure Ishida was top of the class, they show it in the episode he's introduced. Isshin never rode his ass, he even states he has a hands-off approach to parenting (but not with the girls lol). I think the school grades bit shows that he can understand things without really trying, so if he did focus and put his mind to it, he could easily.
Without a doubt his intelligence is nowhere NEAR the people you mentioned - Ishida, Urahara, Aizen etc. But hes smarter (intelligent....er) than the average bear.

Also, to me it seemed he was able to control his spiritual energy in that cannon ball, it was just too much for him to be able to lower the amount of power. (sorry for ref another manga) but it's kinda like Soul Eater, where blackstar's wavelength was too much for the other two - it's too big for him to control with such finesse. But i do agree that he lacks reiatsu control in general.
Oct 25, 2012 12:19 PM

Jul 2007
Archnemesis said:
He wasn't top of his class, but he was near it. Keigo got upset because Ichigo wasnt in the low ranks like him, which surprised him because Ichigo barely paid attention even before becoming a shinigami and being distracted with saving lives and whatnot. Pretty sure Ishida was top of the class, they show it in the episode he's introduced. Isshin never rode his ass, he even states he has a hands-off approach to parenting (but not with the girls lol). I think the school grades bit shows that he can understand things without really trying, so if he did focus and put his mind to it, he could easily.
Without a doubt his intelligence is nowhere NEAR the people you mentioned - Ishida, Urahara, Aizen etc. But hes smarter (intelligent....er) than the average bear.

Also, to me it seemed he was able to control his spiritual energy in that cannon ball, it was just too much for him to be able to lower the amount of power. (sorry for ref another manga) but it's kinda like Soul Eater, where blackstar's wavelength was too much for the other two - it's too big for him to control with such finesse. But i do agree that he lacks reiatsu control in general.

Lacked, is the word.

After jinzen his reiatsu control was good enough to sense others from few miles away(which he did again with rukai and renji and byakuya previous chapter).

Not to mention that the whole fullbring thing is all about control.

I'd say that Ichigo does have similar intelligence capabilities to those mentioned character. What he lacks compared to them is knowledge, but when he puts his mind to it he can surpass others quite easily and is quite good and strategizing as well as predicting people.

So if he needed to, he could be able to put together his version of quincy blut techniques - after all he learns best in intense stressful situations.

Deicide as well as fullbring arc clearly parallels Ichigo to Aizen - Ichigo is basically "Aizen's beginning"
Oct 25, 2012 3:23 PM

Dec 2010
Kubo trolling and trolling again. I don't believe in anyone's death. I don't even take this seriously anymore.
Oct 25, 2012 4:37 PM
Sep 2012
I guess I really didn't make myself clear. I'm not saying that Ichigo is retarded or anything, far from it. Ichigo is very smart, a lot smarter than the average person. But he has a different kind of intellect. His smarts are more instinctual like battle instincts, and the ability to deduce, and perceive others feelings, and true intentions. He has acute emotional awareness, and his perception during battle is the best there is. That in itself is a form of intelligence.

But on the opposite analytic side, Ichigo is lacking. Coincidentally, this seems to me the kind thinking one would need to be a powerful Quincy. And again, as smart as Ichigo truly is, I don't see how anyone could believe that he is comparable to Ishida, Urahara, Kurotsuchi, or even Aizen. There is too great of a gap between them in terms of raw intellect.
Oct 25, 2012 7:20 PM

Jul 2010
Ichigo quincy powers because it's quincy arc. sounds right.. Now wait if he inherited these powers from her mother, which are supposed to be teachings or learn it after watching kirge once. Hilarious in both cases.

Byakuya takes four more pages before dying. Still. I'm glad at-least Kubo proved us wrong. Thanks to Unohana as well.
Oct 26, 2012 12:46 AM

Sep 2010
My favorite part was when Charmander attacked Pikachu with a water gun.
Oct 26, 2012 11:58 AM

Nov 2009
After 500 chapters of no deaths for the good guys, we now have a Gantz/Game of Thrones move, oh and look Ichigo can now do Quincy techniques, how original.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 200 Discussion

rebwaters - Jan 11, 2010

4 by Dattebayo2992 »»
Apr 29, 9:48 AM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 60 Discussion

rebwaters - Oct 19, 2009

5 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 17, 6:12 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 570 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 26, 2014

90 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 14, 6:04 PM

» Bleach Next Generations?

Fullmetaldak - Apr 10

13 by Fullmetaldak »»
Apr 13, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 480 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 7, 2012

102 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 6, 6:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.