Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 21, 2012 2:50 AM

Jan 2012
Well so far everything seems to be doing quite well with the exception of the art which to me has a lot to improve on. Nevertheless the anime as a whole is a lot better than expected.
Oct 21, 2012 2:58 AM
Apr 2012
zeroyuki92 said:
This week in LB thread, people bitching about the animation or comparing it to other KEY anime (but still watching it anyway, I wonder why) and fans that are overzealously defending it. Nothing new... Why there's (almost) no middle ground between, I wonder?

Haven't really liked Kurugaya (yet) even in the VN (so far), so it's an okay episode I think. My actual complain is why Haruka's voice changed a lot when she's voiced with the same seiyuu.

Pacing worsen again compared to ep. 2, but well it's still acceptable. The real problem is the next episode, since they seems like to start introducing arcs.

I played the VN and I'm just enjoying seeing a VN I liked having been animated so far. I mean, animation is a bit meh but at this point I can't really say much about J.C Staff's adaption since we're on the common route so far (and it's just as fun/boring/whatever in the VN as in the anime). I can't wait for the actual routes to start...

Always liked Anego though, and Kud next episode? Looking forward to that.
Oct 21, 2012 3:13 AM

Apr 2011
Good thing I haven't played the VN. Takes my expectation in normal levels.

Not as funny as last episode, but Kurugaya's intro is interesting. Her fight with Masato is epic, and Rin's curveball to Masato is hilarious.

IMHO. The art and animation is pretty good. As the people who animated HnG, this isn't bad. Some people have high expectations that they can't hardly enjoy anime and start to complain.

Criticizing and complaining is easier to do than just enjoying LB, right?
Oct 21, 2012 3:29 AM

Jan 2011
I'm starting to like this show, but I still have the feeling that it should've been better because of all the hype. Next episode will introduce another character. I hope we'll be done with the introductions soon.
I'm looking forward to more.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Oct 21, 2012 3:49 AM

Dec 2007
Yup, definitely dropped.
Generic art + slow developing characters + no story = dropped.
The humor sucks as well.
The opening is nice, but that's pretty much it for this show.

Oct 21, 2012 3:54 AM
Apr 2012
Tessa said:
Yup, definitely dropped.
The humor sucks as well.

Common route is no story, I agree. But seriously, the real routes seem to be starting the next episode. And Refrain, if they pull it off (coin toss), is awesome.
Oct 21, 2012 3:58 AM

Sep 2012
Tessa said:
Yup, definitely dropped.
The humor sucks as well.

Dude, your loss.

"no story"

HAHAHAHAHA...

...wait are you serious?

Damn, the amount of hate on LB is ridiculous. What a world of instant gratification we live in.
SleepingEntityOct 21, 2012 4:02 AM
Oct 21, 2012 4:30 AM
May 2012
The comedy level of LB is as bad as donald duck
Sick Bro
Oct 21, 2012 4:32 AM

Jun 2011
This episode finally got rid of my doubts towards this anime, now it's clearly one of the top animes of the season ^^
I think I found my new favorite character of the anime as well xD Kurugaya's voice fits her attitude so well, and I love her personality a lot, she reminds me kind of Tomoyo whom I liked very much in Clannad as well :)

Looking forward to meeting more new characters soon as well, I'm having high hopes for this anime now ^^
Oct 21, 2012 4:36 AM
Dec 2007
bruce19 said:
The comedy level of LB is as bad as donald duck
Yet people found DOnald Duck hilarious at some point Funny that.
Crimson_Cloud said:
And to the people who says that the animation sucks. You clearly haven't watch enough anime to know when the animation really sucks.
Pretty much this. People are just spoiled by KyoAni's tier of animation, which is really an unfair bar to ask from most studios. And some have suggested the "art" is also bad which, besides a few designs which were better in the VN (Kurugaya mainly) is also bollocks. Worst art? Try Hayate season 3 for an example of THAT.

And since I'm posting here again I might as well add, while I've said many times I hated Kurugaya's route I love Kurugaya as a character. Kurugaya = Tomoyo's coolness and athletic ability + Kotomi's genius intellect tied up in a hot Older sister type of character. Oh, and she bats for both sides.
Leon-GunOct 21, 2012 4:40 AM

Oct 21, 2012 4:44 AM

Sep 2012
Actually I wonder...

Who would win a fight between Kurugaya and Tomoyo? Tomoyo has godlike attack power, but Kurugaya can essentially teleport...hmmm...this is a tough one.
Oct 21, 2012 4:46 AM

Dec 2011
Ugh this pacing is killing me, with routes starting this early i feel like the level of attachment with the characters won't be good, at least in the VN we had a an entire common route to get to know each character. But this is like cutting a quarter way into the common route and giving us a route where we have barley got to know the characters, meanwhile introducing characters and having scenes with the original little busters. Just hope they don't mess this up >,<
Oct 21, 2012 5:04 AM

Sep 2012
This episode was better than the last one because Kurugaya is a better character than Komari. Still, I hope we're almost done with this introduction phase, because this is a bit boring so far.
I saw some people in this forum talking about a Riki's harem, I hope this isn't the case, because he really is the most bland male character in the anime.
Oct 21, 2012 5:06 AM
Dec 2007
SleepingEntity said:
Actually I wonder...

Who would win a fight between Kurugaya and Tomoyo? Tomoyo has godlike attack power, but Kurugaya can essentially teleport...hmmm...this is a tough one.
Well, you want the odds even or exactly as they are in the game? Cause if it is the latter, Kurugaya will win. Otherwise, I think they're equal...except for the fact Kurugaya is more cunning so she'd probably be able to trick Tomoyo. It's honestly pretty unfair that Kurugaya gets both the smarts and the strenght.

SetsukoHara said:
This episode was better than the last one because Kurugaya is a better character than Komari. Still, I hope we're almost done with this introduction phase, because this is a bit boring so far.
I saw some people in this forum talking about a Riki's harem, I hope this isn't the case, because he really is the most bland male character in the anime.
Lol yeah, it is his harem, kind of. Well, I say kind of because only 1 of them is actually in love with him at the start of the VN (hence at the start of the anime). Everyone else falls in love among their respective routes, as expected really due to how this games work. None of them fall in love at the same time though, so a harem doesn't truly occur, technically. Tomoya had more of a harem honestly since basically most of the main female cast has some love atraction to him at the same time.
Leon-GunOct 21, 2012 5:13 AM

Oct 21, 2012 5:11 AM

Dec 2009
Haruchin and Anego finally appeared.
Oct 21, 2012 5:13 AM

Sep 2012
Leon-Gun said:
Otherwise, I think they're equal...except for the fact Kurugaya is more cunning so she'd probably be able to trick Tomoyo. It's honestly pretty unfair that Kurugaya gets both the smarts and the strenght.

She also gets the sexiness!
Oct 21, 2012 6:05 AM

Apr 2010
How can you even think of giving a book back that's covered be rotten food the smell must have been awful.
And Haruka's reaction at it was nice i like her but i wonder why she respects Kurugaya so much.
Speaking about Kurugaya she certainly knows how to play around with Riki she pretty much had him in the palm of her hand.
Oct 21, 2012 8:10 AM

Sep 2012
Leon-Gun said:

And since I'm posting here again I might as well add, while I've said many times I hated Kurugaya's route I love Kurugaya as a character. Kurugaya = Tomoyo's coolness and athletic ability + Kotomi's genius intellect tied up in a hot Older sister type of character. Oh, and she bats for both sides.

Yeah, I'm with you on that. I loved Kurugaya's character in the VN, but her route went nowhere (which I suppose was kinda the point, but still . . .). On the playing for both teams, I can't wait to see what they do with her reaction to all the other team members and hope they cover the Kud's roommate story just for Yiu-chan's response.
Oct 21, 2012 9:37 AM

May 2010
WOW, is it just me, or Haruka sounds TOTALLY different? I thought that they changed her seiyuu, don't remember her voice being like that in the game o_o
Anyway - Yuiko~! I love her charadesign, much better in the game imo. Her breasts looks smaller though. I wasn't that big fan of her in the game, but now I think she will be my second favourite after Rin-chan ^^
So, Kud makes appearance next episode - which means that only Mio is left (not counting Kanata and Saya ofc). I wonder if she will appear after Komari's route? Kinda weird this way, but we will see.
Let's start Komari's soute. Which was a bit mindfucking. Hope that I'll like in better in the anime :)
Oct 21, 2012 9:52 AM

Dec 2011
Oy, isn't saying Kurugaya's name LIZBETH considered somewhat a spoiler? :|
Oct 21, 2012 10:54 AM

Jul 2011
So I've been meaning to ask this for a while now - who the hell is that girl who appears next to Kanata in the opening? I know for a fact that she's not in the game, unless if I'm really forgetting things now.

OH MY GOD! HARUKA FINALLY APPEARED! :D

Why can't the episode be about her? I don't like Yuiko! T.T

I'm starting to get the hang of Riki's voice now. I found it insanely freaking annoying at first, but it's growing on me.

MORE HARUKA! YAY!!!!

Back to Yuiko... :(

This episode was decent. I'm glad Haruka finally appeared, even if it was for only two short scenes.
Oct 21, 2012 10:59 AM

Nov 2009
Random45 said:
So I've been meaning to ask this for a while now - who the hell is that girl who appears next to Kanata in the opening? I know for a fact that she's not in the game, unless if I'm really forgetting things now.

That's A-chan, the head of the girls' dormitory , but I don't think it actually showed her until Kud Wafter.

What "Adolescence" do you have?
Do you remember "Childhood"?
The irreplaceable one existed there.

Oct 21, 2012 11:09 AM

Oct 2012
Another pretty good episode! :) I'm not enjoying the beginning of Little Busters as much as I enjoyed the beginning of previous Key anime, but I still like it. I think I liked the others better because although they were mostly comedic, they had more hints and foreshadowing of drama than this does. I have no doubt that sad stuff will happen though, since this is Key after all.

I really like Kurugaya. She's kind of playful and teasing, which I love. She almost seemed a bit too perfect, but I can forgive that. The fight with Masato was pretty epic! xD

Haruka is cute too, although we didn't see that much of her. Poor Riki! Now she thinks he's a weirdo who keeps food in his desk! I'm really looking forward to seeing more of her because out of all the Little Busters girls I've seen, I like her character design the best.

I do hope that this picks up on some drama soon, but I'm loving this a lot so far. Can't wait for the next episode because apparently Komari's route starts and we are introduced to Kud!
Oct 21, 2012 11:29 AM

Sep 2011
straycat95 said:
Oy, isn't saying Kurugaya's name LIZBETH considered somewhat a spoiler? :|

Can't blame those people who clicked her character info.

Oct 21, 2012 11:36 AM

Sep 2011
Random45 said:

Like someone said, it's A-chan sempai. Her sprite showed only in PS Vita version of LB and Kud Wafter.

Oct 21, 2012 11:40 AM
Apr 2012
Leon-Gun said:
Vizi_Reality said:
Nice episode
I like Kurugaya, she's better than I thought she would be :)
And I saw Kud in the preview. Wonder what kind of character she is, everyone seems to like her :)

Kamikita_Komari said:
flack said:
Holy Crap, I find it extremely hard to tolerate the graphics and animation quality, IMO its like the worst out of all the animes airing. This episode I can see the slides... Seriously JC WTF??...

Kurugaya's character design is shit...

If you cant tolerate the animation then just dont watch it. No one is forcing you to watch it

I think many people like Little Busters, but they just can't enjoy it fully with the current level of visuals. And it's a waste to drop it just because the animation and art suck...
But you guys act as if this is the worst animation offender you've seen in the history of anime. It's not even the worst this season. Maybe you shall cry for the bullcrap Manglobe is doing on Hayate no Gotoku, to the point those fans want JC to animate Hayate again.

Since when has this show's animation evaluation level fallen to the point where it became alright to people when the show is "not even the worst show this season"...Well if this is the expectation of the viewers then I guess JC is doing a good job. Sorry for complaining that the animation quality is below average compared the rest of the animes airing. I mean LB is definitely NOT something significant enough to deserve atleast "average" level of art quality.
flackOct 21, 2012 11:51 AM
Oct 21, 2012 12:11 PM

Apr 2010
Kurogaya!!! She is one of my favorite characters, she teases everyone.

I can't wait for Kud!

I think the first part of the episode was a bit different from the game, but still enjoyable. Masato vs Kurogaya is epic. And I've noticed Saya in the background.

A-Chan has her portrait in the PsVita conversion of Little Busters, and then in Kud Wafter.

Sa-chan_ said:
Random45 said:

Like someone said, it's A-chan sempai. Her sprite showed only in PS Vita version of LB and Kud Wafter.

Ops, you've said it before me. Well, I think it's good to see her face after playing the game.
Oct 21, 2012 12:34 PM
Dec 2007
flack said:

Since when has this show's animation evaluation level fallen to the point where it became alright to people when the show is "not even the worst show this season"...Well if this is the expectation of the viewers then I guess JC is doing a good job. Sorry for complaining that the animation quality is below average compared the rest of the animes airing. I mean LB is definitely NOT something significant enough to deserve atleast "average" level of art quality.
I don't think it's alright because "it's not the worst this season", but people have spouted crap like "It's the worst this season" already so of course I'll say it.
Sa-chan_ said:
Random45 said:

It's a little sad she didn't had an actual sprite until Kud Wafter yet Sasami's cheerleading squad all had their own designs. Then again, A-chan didn't have much of a role.

Oct 21, 2012 2:18 PM

Aug 2011
Good job JC Staff, I don't hate the anime yet.
Oct 21, 2012 3:06 PM

Aug 2008
5/5 for sure. Sadly I was expecting kyosuke to ask kurugaya the tofu question like he did in VN..
Oct 21, 2012 3:19 PM
Mar 2011
Alright Kurugaya is here, with her near-teleportation movement speed! I sincerely hope they will adapt her antics during practice once everyone has joined the team.

So far the 3 episodes of LB! are pretty decent. I think people are complaining a lot of the animation quality because they might be comparing it to other Key's adaptation (i.e. Kyoani's Key adaptations). True, Kyoani paid a great deal of attention to details and facial expression (heck! I think even Chuunibyou and Hyouka have a lot more subtle details than most anime anyways), and I guess that's what people are expecting. Sadly, LB! does too much closeups of the characters, still-shots, talking cycles, and sometimes stiff characters.

That said, they did well in adapting Masato -- He is funnier than in the VN thus far. The baseball practices and Kurugaya prowess over Masato are animated pretty well. The remixed OP is good as well (especially the subtle guitar and drums).

My only worry is that can they fit everything into 26 episodes? IIRC, LB! VN is slightly longer than Clannad, and Kyoani's adaptation of it is 52 episodes (2 seasons). Guess the EX/ME routes are gonna be absent huh.
Oct 21, 2012 3:24 PM
Sep 2012
Except for kurugaya's boobs

and a couple of silly gags this episode was terrible.
Also Kurugaya has horrible art imho. And she is one on my favourite characters.

Let's see how is 4th episode before choosing what to do.
Maybe JC Staff should do Little Busters! OR Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo OR Bakuman 3. Not all 3 at the same time.
Oct 21, 2012 3:28 PM

Jun 2009
I thought that this episode was a little boring. Not that much development, action or funny scenes. The comedy in this episode wasn't that good, I mean I didn't lolled throughout this ep. The introduction of a new character was nice though.

So far this show is pretty decent, but I expect more. I've heard a lot of good things of the VN. I hope that the next eps will bring more comedy in it.

Btw, I'm really bothered by the voice of the main protaganist Riki. I don't like his girlish man voice. Why can't they just get a man seiyu for Riki instead of a female one? Even though I really like Yui Horie's work, I don't find this voice fitting for Riki.
Oct 21, 2012 4:12 PM
Jul 2012
Yang94 said:
I thought that this episode was a little boring. Not that much development, action or funny scenes. The comedy in this episode wasn't that good, I mean I didn't lolled throughout this ep. The introduction of a new character was nice though.

So far this show is pretty decent, but I expect more. I've heard a lot of good things of the VN. I hope that the next eps will bring more comedy in it.

Btw, I'm really bothered by the voice of the main protaganist Riki. I don't like his girlish man voice. Why can't they just get a man seiyu for Riki instead of a female one? Even though I really like Yui Horie's work, I don't find this voice fitting for Riki.

Riki has a perfect voice for his character, Riki is a very effeminate and cute male protagonist, so much that at one point in the VN all the heroines trapped him.with great results
Oct 21, 2012 4:55 PM

Dec 2009
Intros of the girls are getting better, can't wait for next week
Oct 21, 2012 5:36 PM

Apr 2009
Is this show going to get interesting soon?
lol @ img bbcode not working, mal is such a great site
Oct 21, 2012 5:39 PM

Jan 2012
i guess the next couple of episodes is going to be the recruitment phase.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Oct 21, 2012 5:59 PM
Dec 2007
NoobHunterD said:
i guess the next couple of episodes is going to be the recruitment phase.
Pretty sure next episode is Kud's introduction and the set up for Komari's route.

Oct 21, 2012 7:30 PM
Mar 2011
Oct 21, 2012 7:33 PM

Mar 2012
Komari's voice really annoys me. Is it just me?
Oct 21, 2012 7:36 PM

Jul 2011
Smooched said:

I don't think anyone likes her, or her awful voice. Every time she appears I cringe, wishing that someone more deserving would get some screen time.
Oct 21, 2012 7:50 PM

Oct 2012
I love Kurugaya's voice. It's refreshing to hear after getting introduced to girls with high pitched voices.
Oct 21, 2012 7:56 PM

May 2011
Random45 said:
Smooched said:

I don't think anyone likes her, or her awful voice. Every time she appears I cringe, wishing that someone more deserving would get some screen time.

As much as I love Komari's character, I do agree that her VA is pretty bad. I would have muted her voice in the VN if it didn't feel weird not having it on.
Oct 21, 2012 8:02 PM

Aug 2011
I never thought that I would ever consider DROPPING a Key anime.

- annoying as fuck female characters.
- lots of fanservice garbage (thanks, J.C. Staff).
- annoying as fuck voices.

Whore tits is just another T&A slut with a retarded personality.

The dudes are the only characters I give a shit about--particularly Riki.
Oct 21, 2012 8:15 PM

Jul 2011
DraconisMarch said:

Lots of fanservice? There's what, a shot or two of Yuiko's boobs and Komari's panties? Furthermore, I really dislike Yuiko, but she is definitely not a T&A slut as you call her, relative to many other animes, she is very modest, just showing a bit of cleavage.

Shouldn't you merge your first and third point together? Since they're practically the same thing? I do agree that Komari's voice is intolerable, but other than that, the rest of the cast is doing a fine job.
Oct 21, 2012 9:35 PM

Aug 2011
Random45 said:
DraconisMarch said:

Lots of fanservice? There's what, a shot or two of Yuiko's boobs and Komari's panties? Furthermore, I really dislike Yuiko, but she is definitely not a T&A slut as you call her, relative to many other animes, she is very modest, just showing a bit of cleavage.

Shouldn't you merge your first and third point together? Since they're practically the same thing? I do agree that Komari's voice is intolerable, but other than that, the rest of the cast is doing a fine job.
That's infinitely more fanservice than any other Key anime has ever had. Also, there were like a dozen up-skirt camera pans this episode alone.

No. The first was their personalities as characters, and the second was talking about their voices.
Oct 21, 2012 9:52 PM

Jul 2009
@DraconisMarch:

There is some fanservice in the all-ages version of the VN, like a lot of Kurugaya cleavage and full-on panty shots of Komari and another character. There's another part where a heroine is half-naked and yet another part with shared bathing between a girl and a boy. If anything, the anime is retaining the elements from the VN.

Rewrite has some fanservice too, from what I've seen.

You seem to have this concept that Key's stories are free of these things, which is understandable because KyoAni's anime from the last 5 years have been nearly devoid of things like panty shots and boob grabs. They're a more "conservative" studio than J.C. Staff, probably because they have a lot of female animators.

Don't like the fanservice? Okay, but don't just act like J.C. Staff forced it in.
Oct 21, 2012 10:04 PM

Jun 2010
Finally, my favorite Kurugaya is here. ~

Better episode than the previous one.
Oct 21, 2012 11:51 PM
Dec 2007
DraconisMarch said:
Random45 said:
DraconisMarch said:

That's infinitely more fanservice than any other Key anime has ever had. Also, there were like a dozen up-skirt camera pans this episode alone.

No. The first was their personalities as characters, and the second was talking about their voices.
Just as a heads up, if Clannad and Kanon were free of any and all fanservice, you can chalk it up to KyoAni (and in Kanon to the fact IT IS EFFING WINTER). They even had Tomoya and Nagisa act completely pure and chaste going so far as to not even show any kissing (as far as I remember). And, that teasing side of Kurugaya is part of her personality. The only other blatant "fanservice" I remember is the panty shot in episode 2... and funny enough that one is a lead up to a conversation that's meant to be a clue about Komari.

Heck, Kurugaya's first full body CG in the game, if I remember correctly, is actually of her with Riki in the schoolyard and being pretty revealing while at it.

Oct 22, 2012 12:55 AM

Nov 2008
Ignoring the person who is calling Kurugaya a slut -

I am getting really curious how they plan to do this and 'refrain' 2 seasons or 1 I really dont want to see this mashed up into 26 episodes - Anyone have any strong feelings about which way they will take it? More clannad 'style' the main CR stuff and important things with characters and then use a second season to continue into refrain or more ram it to together ish.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

307 by BritishBlitz87 »»
Mar 1, 7:40 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

200 by little_raven »»
Feb 24, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2013

167 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2013

288 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 10:31 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Funya-Usagi - Jan 5, 2013

185 by little_raven »»
Feb 20, 10:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.