Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Oct 13, 2012 9:06 AM
Sep 2010
Man, are they dropping the ball.

You can't just take a bunch of otaku-friendly elements, shove them all together and assume that a good show will come of it.

Plot, why have you forsaken us?

2/5.
I'll give it one more week for lookin' pretty. But what a disappointment this is.
Oct 13, 2012 10:40 AM

Dec 2011
symbv said:

Perhaps they are trying to be experimental. Perhaps they have some trick up their sleeves. Perhaps they just think with their writing power (the main selling point is that this is a project by a group of professional writers) will make it happen. Anyway, it is too early to just jump to conclusion that "soemthings wrong".

Thank you, I totally agree. I think they are trying to do something new and I think people are judging too harshly too soon.

peace

Oct 13, 2012 11:14 AM

Apr 2007
Yeeeeaaaahhhhhh I think I'll just wait till after this finishes airing to watch it. It's not interesting enough to keep me watching weekly. I'll miss you sexy Sugita guy :<

The paint on the dude's eyes really made me laugh tho
Oct 13, 2012 11:27 AM

Sep 2012
thomtinuviel said:

Plot, why have you forsaken us?

Actually there is a story going on. It is just not like there is a single thread there to join all the disparate elements so far. I wonder why everyone should keep ranting about plot plot plot...
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 13, 2012 11:43 AM
Jan 2008
This actually made more sense than the first episode....even if it was a little bit.

I think I like Yatagami or whatever the hell Sebastian VA's character is. I bet he's actually a good guy. And fangirl I am, he's cute.

I'll give it a few more episodes....but goddamn this better not turn into a disappointment like other series..and not actually have a plot (Arcana Famiglia, I'm looking at you)
Oct 13, 2012 12:25 PM

Feb 2012
Holy fuck, Neko is hot and funny, I like her.

I learned from this episode that you shouldn't take K too seriously, I laughed several times and the soundtrack is good, people expect way too much from the beginning, give it time, at least for a bit.

But I will say that it's questionable that apparently no one cares that Yatogami is walking around with a sword and he threw a goddamn sign.
Oct 13, 2012 1:41 PM

Jan 2011
Black king has an iron box with cooking stuff.

Neko!!! :D Funny and cute!
Oct 13, 2012 1:50 PM

Apr 2009
I actually picked this anime up based on the really badass looking action previews. I really didn't expect the story to be any good(This is usually what happens when you keep a plot under wraps this much).

But there really hasn't been a fight within these past two episodes. Some small scale destruction with laser beams and very brief punching scenes.

Where's all the cool hand-to-hand combat I saw in the previews?
Oct 13, 2012 2:38 PM

Sep 2012
MagnumBookworm said:

But there really hasn't been a fight within these past two episodes. Some small scale destruction with laser beams and very brief punching scenes.

I would say Black Dog versus Skatboarder is a fight and superbly animated, although you may perhaps consider only hand-to-hand close combat as a fight?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 13, 2012 2:56 PM
Jan 2011
I really like it when they make the mess in a big city and there's JUST ACCIDENTALY no one around. Yup... But it was a nice scene, and I got to hear Itsuka no Zero Kara!

Ah, but I hope we get to know more about the universe of this anime, because it seems really interesting! Those robots are so funny.ww

And... yay! Naked catgirls running around! ~w~

Also... Ahahah...

That was kind of unexpected. :D

Nice ending btw, very soothing and melanholic. To the next episode~
Oct 13, 2012 3:31 PM
Jul 2010
symbv said:
It is good to see so many drop the anime at this point. Why? Because this episode clearly establishes the tone of the series -- it is not as serious and hard as the initial key visual or setting design seemed at first, and it is good that they show it early and filter out those who find it not to their taste. Personally I find the story quite fine -- a powerful guy who seems cold and powerful failed to catch the main character and ended up being charmed by him is not something new, let's be honest. And the animation, character/background art and BGM are really good (even though the more female-appealing styles and bias towards blue color is not something to my taste).

I would say that given it is a 13-episode anime, taking 6 episodes to flesh out all the characters and their relations makes it at risk of being too rushed for its main plot. Looking at the relation diagram, it may not be as complex as Accel World or Horizon, but it is still more than enough for a 1 cour series.

No, Technolyze, for example, did the "sifting the audience" thing, this is simply retarded.
What I see for 24 minutes is one huge waste of money.
Oct 13, 2012 4:00 PM

Dec 2011
symbv said:
MagnumBookworm said:

I would say Black Dog versus Skatboarder is a fight and superbly animated, although you may perhaps consider only hand-to-hand close combat as a fight?

Nah. It was just too short.

peace

Oct 13, 2012 4:23 PM

Jan 2012
This is a third dramatic, a third trippy and a third silly.
Oct 13, 2012 4:32 PM
Feb 2011
I rated it 2/5. It was a really stupid episode & I hope the next one is better or I might stop watching it. I was worried about it being pretty animation with no substance... I want to be proved wrong, but that's how it looks as of now. I mean where the hell is the plot?!
Oct 13, 2012 4:58 PM

Apr 2009
symbv said:
MagnumBookworm said:

It was way too short. It looked great animation wise, but the fight scene itself was shitty.

A decent fight is like the Orchestra assassin's Vs. Koko's team from Jormungand. That whole fight alone is better than what K has presented thus far, and Jormungand is far cheaper than K.
Oct 13, 2012 5:13 PM
Apr 2009
symbv said:

If you ask me a fight like Kurokami Medaka Vs. Unzen from Medaka Box is better than what K has done so far. K has times 10 better animation & it can't provide good fight scenes. That is pretty bad if you ask me.

The PVs shows mostly action. The plot isn't big enough to stand on it's own(for long/for now) without some good action.

I'm not expecting Saber Vs. Lancer from F/Z, or Grimmjow Vs. Ichigo from Bleach either. I just want some decent fight scenes at the least.

Then again, the fights are maybe too short.
Oct 13, 2012 6:07 PM

Sep 2008
boring and stupid. Now I probably can't take this anime seriously anymore. oh well I'll give it one more episode before dropping
Oct 13, 2012 7:26 PM

Jul 2011
This show is comedy/ecchi or what ?
Oct 13, 2012 8:28 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Hot neko girl ftw? I think so.

Funny episode. A lot different than episode 1, not that I mind. But I'm hoping to get back to that badass action next episode too. Hoping the funny continues also.
Oct 13, 2012 10:22 PM

Jul 2012
Erm, wtf? Was it supposed to be a gag anime?
Oct 14, 2012 12:29 AM

May 2009
Pretty sure there's a lot more to Neko than meets the eye, and they present her as "fanservice girl" so that people won't suspect it.

Neko Final Boss want please

EDIT: Also I know it's a strange turn in genre in Episode 2, but it might not be that the story is teetering merely on Rule of Funny. I mean, with the whole cooking breakfast thing, Kuroh HAS been chasing Shiro for the whole night. That's hours and hours. When the scene cuts to morning, and Kuroh yells his usual "by the orders of Ichigen Miwa" bullcrap, he's clearly already more of reciting his catchphrase instead of truly believing in it. IMO by that point, after chasing Shiro for so long, Kuroh isn't so dumb as to still hate Shiro and want desperately to kill him - he'll probably have doubts by then, however slight, that Shiro might be innocent after all. Heck, he acted like a perfectly normal teenage boy. He helped a girl pick up oranges. He tries to get Neko covered. He acts NOTHING like crazy colorless king on the TV. Thus, by the point of morning, Kuroh probably doesn't really want to kill Shiro anymore. It became more of a reflex than anything else, and by that point an odd friendship has begun to form between the three of them.
KirrohaOct 14, 2012 4:03 AM
Oct 14, 2012 5:01 AM

Apr 2012
Orulyon said:
I love the soundtrack and visuals of this show, but honestly it has too much fanservice. Naked girls and shounen-ai vibes mixed together dont make sense at all....

I agree, there's too much service. It's getting a bit boring to have naked girls run around, and shounen-ai doesn't appeal to me at all, so this is a let down for me.

Hopefully there's more to the series than this.
Oct 14, 2012 5:48 AM
Dec 2008
loved his escape at the beginning and the chase. They eyes drawn on the eyelids made me laugh :P
Neko fanservice was l little too much imo. Oh well. Good episode.

Show some respect ! You're too kind !
Oct 14, 2012 6:19 AM

Jun 2011
Takana_no_Hana said:
OKay, I officially watch this show for Neko and the animation, nothing more.
Still plotless as always, but, animation plus the ost(and dat Ending) are just too hard to give up lolol.
Oct 14, 2012 7:16 AM
Jul 2018
This episode was hilarious in Animax, they cut out so many scenes of Neko. I doubt that the viewers understood it at all lol
Oct 14, 2012 8:08 AM

Apr 2011
I loled so much at this ep. Better than the first ep especially how Neko was fucking around with Kuroh by putting all those illusions and then how he ran into the wall.
Great ep 5/5 and I love the ED
Oct 14, 2012 8:23 AM

Dec 2009
Orulyon said:
I love the soundtrack and visuals of this show, but honestly it has too much fanservice. Naked girls and shounen-ai vibes mixed together dont make sense at all....

I don't really mind the shounen-ai vibes but the whole fanservice thing is annoying and Yatogami is pretty stupid. Who stops to make breakfast for the people you're trying to kill? I feel like the soundtrack and the art are the only things that will keep from dropping this
Oct 14, 2012 11:07 AM

Nov 2009
i thought this was a lot like drrr after the first episode with all of the noir, gangs and cool music but this episode really left a lot to be desired. so far this show doesnt even hold a candle to drrr
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 14, 2012 12:52 PM

Jun 2010
Rykee said:
Erm, wtf? Was it supposed to be a gag anime?

this, well it was fun :)

so many naked neko here and there, even in the ED,,,i've never seen such a dangerous ED before ^^'
Oct 14, 2012 1:44 PM
Jan 2009
I liked the episode until after the fight scene (even though it was really short) and especially after the cat turned into a human. I'll stick around for the 3rd episode because I really like this animation, but if ends up more being a comedy like this episode instead of the first, I think I'll drop this one.

The end where he closed his eyes and you could that someone had drawn eyes on his eyelids was funny to me because I wasn't expecting it. Even so, I didn't appreciate how wasted I felt this episode was.
Oct 14, 2012 5:12 PM

Nov 2009
Guess i'll wait till it finishes airing before watchin like everyone else <:
Oct 14, 2012 5:14 PM

Oct 2011
Goryo said:
I expected better. Really hard to take this show seriously right now.

Whatever. I'll keep watching for the art.

Nyctian said:
I was expecting some plot development since it's only 13 episodes but this episode was ridiculous, not to say I didn't enjoy it but it's such a waste.

This sums up what I think >.>
Oct 14, 2012 6:23 PM

Apr 2011
The music easily carries this show. Other than that, nothing has really happened.

I did LOL whenever he closed his eyes near the end though.
Oct 14, 2012 6:27 PM

Oct 2011
Hey, it's entertaining. What's there to hate? lol
Nope.
Oct 14, 2012 8:08 PM

Oct 2011
Well. . . I actually found that to be amusing. Which feels wrong, considering the tone they tried to set in the first episode.
But I definitely liked it more than the first episode, that's true.

I don't know where it'll go from here, but . . . I think I'll stick around as long as it entertains me. At the very least, the theories I've seen floating around do.

Oh yeah, Kuro x Kukuri OTP.
Profile art by もひ @ pixiv.
Oct 14, 2012 9:19 PM
Dec 2008
1 more episode of this kind and this anime is dropped ....3 eps treatment ...! nothing good about it ...the OST is over hyped and isn't that glorious nor good ....the visuals aren't that good to be honest ...the story , characters and the whole gangs issue is too damn cliche ! ....and even with that it isn't done good !
Oct 15, 2012 1:17 AM

Apr 2011
first rule about [K] anime:

Kids under 14 years old are banned from watching it.

Because, you know kids at those age favorite quotes: "This is just too childish for me, give me older stuff" << kids
LunaOct 16, 2012 5:49 AM
Oct 15, 2012 4:46 AM

Sep 2008
Wow, another terrible episode. I hate how the long haired guy is trying to kill the white haired guy but the whole situation is being treated like neither of them actually cares at all.

Naked pink haired heterochromic cat girl with magical powers. Why is she not also a robot from the future that's actually the white haired guy's childhood friend?

I don't see why putting on the shirt was considered enough. The naked girl was still completely revealing and the shirt did absolutely nothing.

The ED was great though. I don't even care if people call it fan service, it was still a great ED.

Not sure if I'm ready to drop this show yet. The white haired guys personality has been pissing me off since the very beginning.
Oct 16, 2012 2:50 AM
Mar 2010
I quite enjoyed this even if the ending was a bit odd. Still optimistic for the series.
Oct 16, 2012 3:20 AM

Jan 2008
This show seems to cater to all fans - from lolita, goody chara, to badass chara. I am a sucker for good animation and some cool moves flashed before my very eyes since episode 1. Colors and contrast nicely presented. Story seems a little intriguing. Although some cliche character interactions were shown in this episode...still, I'm following this one for this season.
Oct 16, 2012 10:06 AM

Feb 2011
I laughed at the drawn eyes lol . Also , hot chick is chick , liked xD
Oct 16, 2012 12:24 PM

Apr 2008
Sounds like a drop to me =/
Oct 16, 2012 1:06 PM

Mar 2010
I actually enjoyed this episode.

I thought it was nice that the characters had a comedic moment (though it doesn't give us much more to run on for the plot, I won't deny that) since it does remind me that these people are living and are human (at least for the most part). As much as Kuroh Yatogami is on a mission, it's just funny seeing how he interacts with people - very awkward-like (kind of like the main character from Full Metal Panic in a way) but cute since he is eighteen. He's not that much older than the main himself who is 17. Maybe it does make it seem like the mission doesn't matter but maybe he doesn't really know if Shiro is the killer either.

I'm just wondering if they'll expand on things like why Neko even exists as she does? Does it have anything to do with everyone else who has supernatural/special powers? And who is Kuroh working for anyway?

Despite the lack of plot, I'll stick by for my biased love of art and music. As well, I really hope this doesn't turn into a Guilty Crown, because that again was just disappointing with all the art and music it had. I'd take shitter art and music for a better story, man. I don't know. I'll just wait and see.
Oct 16, 2012 3:11 PM

Jul 2011
I liked... I guess.

I mean, I don't think this is taking itself seriously - but then, is how I was expecting. A lot of merchandising, fanservice for all publics, great focus on animation... These factor combined don't look like something meant to be groundbreaking. Seems like K is just trying to be "cool and funny", and so long it don't try to look all ~serious and amazing anime of the decade~ like Guilty Crown did, I guess I don't have problems watching it.

Maybe it was proposital that Shiro showed his smarter side and Kuroh looked stupid, or maybe I'm just reading in too much.

Anyway, more or less like I expected. And the OST is amazing. Didn't like the Insert Song in the fight with the skater guy, it felt like "trying too hard to look cool". K don't need to try it hard, since coolness in right in its core.

"Like this too we met in a dirty and ugly world; Thank you for this miracle."
Oct 16, 2012 3:49 PM

Oct 2010
I meant to been say this but was 2 lazy to come on mal.

They spend so much time on animation but they cant fucking draw nipples. LMFAO

So far this show is garbage its only eye candy.
Oct 16, 2012 5:40 PM

Oct 2011
It's good but I still don't get this series, still too confusing and little info!!!!
Expecting next episode!!!
Signature
Oct 16, 2012 10:19 PM

Jan 2012
wow this episode was completely different than the first one, the first one was like a gritty cool action genre and now its a comedy, not that i dont like funnies but where are they going with this?

Oct 16, 2012 11:13 PM

Jul 2011
Now I really want that Kitten xD
Oct 17, 2012 5:11 AM

Aug 2011
Episode 2 didn't really make any sense to me.. but the thing is.. I STILL FREAKING LOVE IT. Ufufufu~
Oct 17, 2012 6:38 PM

Jun 2008
While visually beautiful, there's just no substance. I'm done with this one after 1.5 eps. :(
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » K Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2012

396 by Karva1 »»
Feb 11, 4:13 PM

Poll: » K Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 20, 2012

118 by Karva1 »»
Feb 11, 4:05 PM

Poll: » K Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Dec 13, 2012

192 by Karva1 »»
Feb 11, 3:59 PM

Poll: » K Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Nov 29, 2012

138 by Karva1 »»
Feb 11, 3:44 PM

Poll: » K Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Nov 15, 2012

170 by Karva1 »»
Feb 11, 1:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.