Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 7, 2012 10:26 PM

Mar 2011
Rider@ Best Male Character. I'm speechless, can't believe Newtype actually got something right. Yess.
Oct 7, 2012 11:32 PM

Sep 2011
@fable
What i meant was that while it does start a bit shoujo-ish, it quickly loses that shoujo feel, there are many "moments" that seem to be more common in male oriented shows, but then there's just as much that seem to be more common in female oriented shows, you could say it's a cross-demographic.
Oct 8, 2012 12:04 AM

Sep 2010
idolmaster was fun, but not THIS good imo, poll doesnt seem too legit but idunno.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 8, 2012 12:05 AM
Mar 2009
Wow, Sword Art is pretty high on the list for an ongoing.

Yeah! Yuki Kajiura.
Oct 8, 2012 12:08 AM

Feb 2012
This result was due to popularity in Japan so I won't complain~
Oct 8, 2012 12:52 AM

Feb 2009
idolm@ster, really? That much? Really??

Lelouch FTW
Oct 8, 2012 1:09 AM

Jun 2010
Good to see Nisemonogatari made on of the top slots :3

But... Dat list...
Not sure...
I don't see how some of those made it...
Oct 8, 2012 1:20 AM
Mar 2012
Downgrade355 said:
KingofConquerors said:
Fate/Zero deservingly raped the polls....though i think little underrated gems such as Sakamichi no Apollon, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita, and Uchuu Kyoudai should have been put there as opposed to Haiyore Nyaruko and Sword Art Online which totally didn't deliver

BUT MAH BRO WON THE BEST CHARACTER AWARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!RIDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and guys, if u think Mawaru Penguindrum is too shoujo, think again, since its probably one of the most mindfucking anime i've ever seen (yes, even more mindfucking than Madoka)....i just had a problem with its ending, which was rife with plotholes....but all in all, it was still an engaging watch....

Sword art online deserves to be even higher, i don't know what you're talking about.

SAO has been a massive disappointment so far....really, especially if u've read the light novels that are vastly superior in every way...the only thing it got going for it is just decent animation, the pacing was meh, the characters weren't as well developed as they were in the l/n, and the battles could get disappointing at times (i didn't mind the cuts actually, as long as it got its message across loud and clear, like Sakamichi no Apollon, which delivered despite it being kinda butchered in some parts...)
Oct 8, 2012 1:46 AM

Feb 2012
KingofConquerors said:
Downgrade355 said:
KingofConquerors said:
Fate/Zero deservingly raped the polls....though i think little underrated gems such as Sakamichi no Apollon, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita, and Uchuu Kyoudai should have been put there as opposed to Haiyore Nyaruko and Sword Art Online which totally didn't deliver

BUT MAH BRO WON THE BEST CHARACTER AWARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!RIDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and guys, if u think Mawaru Penguindrum is too shoujo, think again, since its probably one of the most mindfucking anime i've ever seen (yes, even more mindfucking than Madoka)....i just had a problem with its ending, which was rife with plotholes....but all in all, it was still an engaging watch....

Sword art online deserves to be even higher, i don't know what you're talking about.

SAO has been a massive disappointment so far....really, especially if u've read the light novels that are vastly superior in every way...the only thing it got going for it is just decent animation, the pacing was meh, the characters weren't as well developed as they were in the l/n, and the battles could get disappointing at times (i didn't mind the cuts actually, as long as it got its message across loud and clear, like Sakamichi no Apollon, which delivered despite it being kinda butchered in some parts...)

I think he meant it by popularity.
Oct 8, 2012 2:41 AM

Oct 2011
Newtype is magazine or what ?
Oct 8, 2012 2:44 AM

Mar 2011
Ragna92 said:
Goomoonryong said:
Where is Gilgamesh in top male characters... What the fuck D:

This. Gilgamesh should've been in the top 3 male characters.

Dunno. He seems like the type that gets more haters than fans. But Broskandar is number 1, at least that's something to celebrate.
Oct 8, 2012 3:08 AM

Sep 2011
Penguindrum should be higher

Sao is better than Nyaruko? HAHAHAHA
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Oct 8, 2012 4:25 AM

Mar 2009
I agree with F/Z being #1.
Oct 8, 2012 4:46 AM

May 2010
YAY for Hyouka and Kamiya Hiroshi~
Oct 8, 2012 5:45 AM
Aug 2012
you will agree with iDOLM@STER ,if you seen episode 19 until end...
Oct 8, 2012 6:19 AM

Mar 2012
Wow! Tari tari and Haiyore! Nyaruko-san is on the list ^^ and K-on the movie! sugoiiii! <3
Oct 8, 2012 6:52 AM

Apr 2010
loub31 said:
Newtype is magazine or what ?

Its the biggest anime magazine in Japan

Oct 8, 2012 7:40 AM

Aug 2010
So many iDOLM@STER!

Happy for Hyouka!
Oct 8, 2012 10:11 AM

Apr 2010
Im shocked that Mawaru Penguendrum is on that list

Oct 8, 2012 10:14 AM

Oct 2007
Let the world knows that iDOLM@STER! is more than what the world think it is.

If you watch the final arc of iDOLM@STER! then you should agree on Amami Haruka to hold that title for the Best Female Character.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Oct 8, 2012 10:35 AM

Apr 2010
Haruka was one of my least favorite Idolmasters, due to her being the blandest as the main character. Yeah yeah, character development, but Miki and Chihaya had that too and were better characters to boot.

Oct 8, 2012 10:41 AM

Oct 2007
jmal said:
Siva said:
If you watch the final arc of iDOLM@STER! then you should agree on Amami Haruka to hold that title for the Best Female Character.

Well, not my favorite overall in 2012 (that's unquestionably Katou Marika from Mouretsu), but she did eventually become my favorite Imas girl by the end. She was my favorite before I'd seen the anime, but the anime had me drifting towards Miki until Haruka took it back.
Katou Marika is like a pillar and the only pillar that hold the show entire time all by herself and is undoubtedly should be on the list while I have no idea why Saber is on list. As much as, I love Saber she did almost nothing in FateZero.

RyanSaotome said:
Haruka was one of my least favorite Idolmasters, due to her being the blandest as the main character. Yeah yeah, character development, but Miki and Chihaya had that too and were better characters to boot.
The reason was that she turned iDOLM@STER! into a drama show while most of the best drama show itself couldn't achieve the result she did.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Oct 8, 2012 10:51 AM

Oct 2007
Siva said:
Let the world knows that iDOLM@STER! is more than what the world think it is.

She's #13 (out of 14) in my Idol ranking, so not necessarily :>

If I had to choose the best female character of this period it would be one of following:
Hoshii Miki, Kikuchi Makoto, Futami AmiMami (if allowed as one entry), Shijou Takane, Miura Azusa, Kyouno Madoka, Watashi, Onjouji Toki, Irisviel von Einzbern, Toushinou Kyouko.

Yeah, Chihaya's drama was much better and she had more sensible reasons. I love happy part of Idols' life the most though, it should be pretty obvious judging by my favs.
Oct 8, 2012 12:05 PM

Jan 2008
Idolm@ster was one of the very few examples, where I didn't dislike any of the main characters, and the cast is huge!

Azusa was a bit blant and to much of a stereotype but apart from that I was really surprised on how everybody had grown on me at the end of the show, including the producer. :)
Oct 8, 2012 12:25 PM

Jun 2012
Tari Tari? Wtf?
Oct 8, 2012 1:54 PM

Nov 2009
Lol I smell fanbase in the poll ...
Oct 8, 2012 2:01 PM
Feb 2012
Well being FZ, Hyouka and SAO fan I'm happy there up there.
But still a little surprised at the same time lol~

Oh and glad to see Kajiura Yuki to~
Oct 8, 2012 2:34 PM

Mar 2012
All these winners are so one-sided that it isn't even funny
Oct 8, 2012 4:06 PM

Aug 2011
Cermin said:
you will agree with iDOLM@STER ,if you seen episode 19 until end...

Surely you mean episode 20.
Oct 8, 2012 5:08 PM
Jul 2012
Got to see iDOLM@STER
Oct 8, 2012 5:55 PM

Jan 2011
>Mawaru penguindrum
>Not 1st

At least Tari Tari ranked high.
[center]
Oct 8, 2012 9:06 PM

Apr 2012
once in a while, a decent list
Oct 8, 2012 10:23 PM

Feb 2011
Yuki Kajiura, first as should be.
Oct 8, 2012 10:44 PM

Aug 2011
Guess I might try iDOLM@STER myself.

Also approve of Rider's placing. He basically made the show for me.
Oct 8, 2012 11:17 PM

Jul 2011
Best Female Character
3, Chitanda Eru

WAT.

The list was for BEST female characters, right? This girl nearly ruined the damn show for me. I don't understand how she managed to get into the top female character list, let alone in the top 3.

I guess people really dig Mary-sue characters who are perfect in every way.

Other than that, I've only seen two animes in the top 10 list, so I can't really speak for the rest of the list, since it seems like Idolm@ster and Fate/Zero both dominated the list in every category.
Oct 8, 2012 11:19 PM

Apr 2010
Random45 said:
Best Female Character
3, Chitanda Eru

WAT.

The list was for BEST female characters, right? This girl nearly ruined the damn show for me. I don't understand how she managed to get into the top female character list, let alone in the top 3.

She's a popular waifu from a popular show. Not really surprising.

Oct 8, 2012 11:20 PM

Feb 2012
Random45 said:
Best Female Character
3, Chitanda Eru

WAT.

I guess people really dig Mary-sue characters who are perfect in every way.

Best Female Character. Best is subjective. Many but not all thought she was best, so she got in. It's really more on popularity than "best".
Oct 9, 2012 12:43 AM

Dec 2011
As much as I find Idolm@ster endearing, I'm surprised to see it so highly ranked. I guess the rankings are based on how large the fanbase is?
Oct 9, 2012 9:11 AM

Feb 2008
Isn't this a bit too early? I mean come on, the fall season just started and the winter season is far off.
Oct 9, 2012 9:44 AM

Apr 2010
Damonashu said:
Isn't this a bit too early? I mean come on, the fall season just started and the winter season is far off.

Its between Fall 2011 to Summer 2012

Oct 11, 2012 5:50 AM

May 2010
Gilgamesh was better than Rider in almost every aspect and yet rider made it to the list and that too at the no. 1 spot..

I am utterly disappointed...

Sometimes you must hurt in order to know, fall in order to grow, lose in order to gain because life's greatest lessons are learned through pain.
- Pain
Oct 11, 2012 5:05 PM

Oct 2007
So...
F/Z got 5 awards (including the most important one) and iM@S got 7 awards.
F/Z got 8 "nominations", iM@S got 4 "nominations".

There were also other anime.
Oct 11, 2012 6:18 PM

Jan 2012
Solid sweep with Fate/Zero!
"Hello, Mr. Wind up Bird."
Nov 12, 2012 1:20 PM

Sep 2010
Downgrade355 said:
I wouldn't say it's aimed at women (One of the last animes i'd expect to be aimed at women, actually), but it has a good amount of female fans.

fable said:
Sure the audience for Fate/Zero is fairly mixed. Yes, there are a few things thrown in for the female audience. I can't imagine that in any reality they were the main targets though.

Ufotable was looking to appeal women since the beginning (they had polls for women and men, they promoted in male and female magazines). It's in one of their interviews, just to clarify, that was always the demographic they wanted to drag in (women and Saber fanboys). Judging by their events (and Zero cafe) which had a majority of female presence...it worked. Even the main promo for FZ second Boxset on store stands was giant naked Gilgamesh telling the buyers that why don't they buy the blurays so they can gaze at him and have products like Diarmuid's love mole choco, things like that. Furthermore, Ufo called the highlight of the series as the relationship between Gilgamesh and Kirei (what a coincidence that's the fan preferred pairing in Fate fanbase since the anime). If ufotable cared about male audience with Zero more, they would have said "it's Saber". She was very sidelined to favor Kiritsugu within the show (who is also very popular among female fans). Though, she's still used to drag in the otaku, it's plenty clear that (as far Zero goes), ufotable sold it to the female audience. Even their staff is fully aware of it. Nasu is too, he plays with it in those specials he wrote (the Consultation Room).

With a cast of bishounens plus Saber who is designed to look like a "young boy" in F/Z, it's hard to sell it to the otaku who bought FSN anime of Deen (not the VN, mind you), aside of die hard fans of TM. They did the smart thing to avoid a commercial suicide.

While it's a prequel to an eroge, now the said clean version of eroge is adding Zero stuff to sell in the Vita Port to the new fanbase (even with Gen writing a scenario for Tokiomi, Kirei and Gilgamesh). Current TM products of Zero are also Girl-Oriented (like exclusive anthology manga). It's a shift to other demographics. With more Prototype stuff getting produced (Fate was originally a female-oriented franchise which was changed, let's remember how easy is to change back when the premise can be reworked easily) and Extra getting unisex treatment (now introducing new female hikki Master with hot ambiguous looking bishounen Servant), this is good business for Type Moon and Nasu.

Gilgamesh also appeared in the top ten (eight I think?) from this list.
ThessNov 12, 2012 1:53 PM
Nov 12, 2012 2:18 PM

Nov 2011
Rider was well deserved, although 2011-2012 did have a bunch of other great male characters. But he was pretty much the reason I rated F/Z a 8 instead of a 7.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Nov 18, 2012 9:22 AM
Sep 2011
I guess it was just me then who didn't really like the idolm@ster anime. Honestly I do thnk fans have clearly blindly voted it in some catagories though like for the sound track which really had nothing stand out about it in the slightest other than the few vocal tracks, and even then they weren't no K-ON.
But then again I am admitably a bit of a fanboy of Yuki Kajura so I would be flipping tables if Fate/Zero wasn't the best soundtrack of the year.

Let me just ask, how does Idol Master win for best character designs when the show didn't even design the characters but use pre-existing ones from the games?
edl01Nov 18, 2012 9:39 AM
Nov 18, 2012 11:17 AM

Apr 2010
edl01 said:
I guess it was just me then who didn't really like the idolm@ster anime. Honestly I do thnk fans have clearly blindly voted it in some catagories though like for the sound track which really had nothing stand out about it in the slightest other than the few vocal tracks, and even then they weren't no K-ON.

Are you joking? Idolmaster would be very little of what it was without the music... its what the entire franchise is about. Its easily the best music of any show this year in my opinion, and its most important scenes were the concert scenes.

Nov 18, 2012 12:56 PM

Oct 2007
Yes, Yuki Kajiura is incredible however the best track of Fate/Zero (Battle is to the Strong) is just a remix of Magia and on top of that, gets used too often. Her music in general might feel repetitive at times. She also missed the golden chance to use Emiya Time Alter in anime which would easily crush any other track in the OST. F/Z is far from her best.
Really, I liked iM@S OST much more. I'm perfectly okay with Sound Effect award going to F/Z though, fights sounded really well.
Nov 18, 2012 1:00 PM

Nov 2010
RyanSaotome said:
edl01 said:

Are you joking? Idolmaster would be very little of what it was without the music... its what the entire franchise is about. Its easily the best music of any show this year in my opinion, and its most important scenes were the concert scenes.

In contrary, I have to agree that except of few tracks, Idolmaster's music isn't really special for me (Well, in the very beginning I never have a knack for idol-ish songs, so it was expected). What made the idolmaster anime really stand out in my eyes is how the anime went all out in presenting the story, avoiding the easy way of adapting it. It's one of the most pleasant surprise for the last year, for sure.
Nov 18, 2012 4:29 PM

Nov 2011
Damonashu said:

The next season is even part of 2012, and this poll was from the shows between Autumn 2011 and summer 2012(which was mentioned in the OP).

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 3 hours ago

6 by DrHizzle »»
2 minutes ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 6 hours ago

9 by Maumuu »»
50 minutes ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by Kushna »»
6 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
7 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.