Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 4, 2012 10:23 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another most amazing show that does not disappoint from its studio. The setting is quite grim and sad with how it is presented. Despite the start being full of light with that girl. This series impresses like many mention music and visual style.

About the beginning, 2 parts catch right away the viewers. At first he visuals in the spoiler
of Yoshino and Mahiro. While it’s quite clear Mahiro has a girl whom love is present upon. Her being Aika and of family with Mahiro does not seem clear to him or he plains does not care. Why would anyone for her beauty captivates any male. I for one am already as of her face, impressed with how she is shown in a most gorgeous mature way. The problem I have is seeing her in the following,

That is totally gross and disturbing but artful in a most gruesome way. One cannot deny both or together the notions of beauty and disgust present in one shot in this depiction. WTF happened to Aika there?

The second part is Hakaze in the spoiler
whom at fist was super gorgeous and mature looking while being MOE. Incredible really that such maturity has come back with MOE. While further looking at her brother in the spoiler
Hakaze’s brother there looks nasty. So it seems the island cannot have any magic be used within it.

About Aika, I really liked it when she tend to the wounds of the boys in the spoiler
apart from being a excellent scolding person. Her looks are beautiful and voice is nice. Her further appearances in the spoiler
just show how her blush is enticing.

That being said nice kick in the following,

Along with the most amazing fight in the spoiler
showed how really cool Mahiro is for saving Yoshino. Even though the girl is hot with her beauty point.

I was further impressed his stopping insanity of a shot gun in the spoiler
damn pellets are like playthings slowed to nothingness before being called off from hitting him.

About thee end, it’s obvious that Hakaze in the spoiler
is SICK! Sick of being stuck on the damn island to the point of frustrating badly despite having a tool to communicate her rescue needs to come fast.

About my quest for the truth, I am in for the truth and NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH of the spoiler
WTF are the butterflies doing to the humans? WTF is this? Making into shit and killing them. Oh the RAGE starts indeed towards this problem as much as it was with Noise Aliens in Symphogear.

So I really like the setting in terms of art. It captures things really well and I need my truth so I need go through this. I hope they tell us before the series ends at least.

BTW Image Stitches and Pic dump done:
http://ecchiking99.blogspot.ca/2012/10/pic-dump-and-image-stitches-of-zetsuen.html
Panoramically Aika was very disturbing with that blood patent and Evangeline looks nice.
Yumekichi11Oct 5, 2012 11:25 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 4, 2012 10:25 AM

Nov 2011

Oo, not bad so far. I liked the premise as well as the mystery surrounding the series of the island atmosphere. Mahiro seems to be the calm one while Yoshino seems to be more of the aggressive.

The butterflies and mysteries of the atmosphere seems to give off a surreal-like aura. I liked the music of the series as well as Bone's animation works and seems to have some Shakespearean-like themes in it.

Not bad so far, definitely worth the watch :>
Stark700Oct 4, 2012 4:30 PM
Oct 4, 2012 12:43 PM

Mar 2010
holy crap, this show officially has my attention
Oct 4, 2012 12:45 PM

Feb 2012
dammmn Mahiro is a badass. I wasn't sure about this series at first but, I'll be waiting for the next ep.

Question: Was the girl in the photo you know the brown haired boys "girlfriend" Mahiro's sister? I couldn't tell .-.
AvereOct 4, 2012 12:53 PM
Oct 4, 2012 12:52 PM

Jun 2008
OMG finally my most awaited anime. Im a manga reader and I must confess they did good a pretty good adaptation!!!*.* hope they keep it like that~

Mahiro*.*

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Oct 4, 2012 1:04 PM

Oct 2011
Interesting. Mahiro was awesome. I hope to see Yoshino get some sort of cool powers too : )
Oct 4, 2012 1:04 PM

Aug 2010
MidnightPride said:
dammmn Mahiro is a badass. I wasn't sure about this series at first but, I'll be waiting for the next ep.

Question: Was the girl in the photo you know the brown haired boys "girlfriend" Mahiro's sister? I couldn't tell .-.

Yep, she was. That actually took me by surprise...Yoshino's GF was actually Aika, he didn't really seem to care about her dying, I wonder if he knows anything about her death. And Mahiro doesn't even seem to know that Yoshino and his sister were going out.

Anyway Really loved the episode...the animation was amazing, the fight scene with Mahiro against
that woman was epic , Mahiro himself as a character is BA and the overall atmosphere and setting is really nice.

I loved Hakaze too. She seems pretty lovable and Miyuki's voice only adds to that <3
Barion-ZaraOct 4, 2012 1:08 PM
Oct 4, 2012 1:05 PM

Oct 2009
It was kinda interesting, I'll give it a few more episodes :P
You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me
Oct 4, 2012 1:05 PM

Jul 2010
Looks interesting and do like the setting.
Oct 4, 2012 1:11 PM

Dec 2011
omg that was just too awesome ><
the ost was amazing
and i really love the gloomy-cynical feeling that the episode gave
can't wait until next week~
Oct 4, 2012 1:15 PM

Jun 2012
As usual of a Bones work, the production values are amazing! The soundtrack was pretty good and there were so many subtle animations you normally don't see in a tv show.

However one character I just don't find them the most likable. The blonde guy really needed someone to slap some sense into him or give him some tough love. Even though he puts up that cool tough guy persona, down beneath you know he's this vulnerable boy who's crying on the inside. Maybe I've become jaded when it comes to avengers, as all of them eventually learn: You'll still feel empty even if you're successful. What separates likable avengers from emo ones, for me at least, are that they don't throw their rationale out the window.

I'm still interested to see the story progress though. I wonder how long the red head mage will be stuck on that island or if the MC will learn magic too?
HybridMBLOct 4, 2012 1:30 PM
Oct 4, 2012 1:15 PM

Sep 2011
Barion-Zara said:
Yep, she was. That actually took me by surprise...Yoshino's GF was actually Aika, he didn't really seem to care about her dying, I wonder if he knows anything about her death. And Mahiro doesn't even seem to know that Yoshino and his sister were going out.

He definitely knows about her death .. after all he was visiting her grave. And yeah it looks like both of them were keeping it a secret from the brother. Major siscon perhaps?

The only thing I didn't like was I thought the background music was a little too dominating.
Oct 4, 2012 1:27 PM

Jul 2012
Looking reeeaaalllyyy promising, cant wait to see where this goes ^_^

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Oct 4, 2012 1:29 PM

Mar 2012
wow Mahiro's voice sounds pretty crazy and the theme song was English O.O
Oct 4, 2012 1:30 PM

Oct 2011
Taking plot aside - nothing too original but let's see how they will use it.

Quoting Hamlet and that soundtrack - very nice :)
Oct 4, 2012 1:32 PM

Jun 2008
Barion-Zara said:
Yoshino's GF was actually Aika, he didn't really seem to care about her dying

He does care. But for now he is acting like "everything is okay". In order to forget pain sometimes people do that.

Just wait and see.*.*

Kusakabe rocks, Aika rocks, everyone rocks. oh and Evangeline, she is AWESOME too.

and to think that Mahiro´s VA is Shun-chan from Kimi to boku, oh GAWD

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Oct 4, 2012 1:38 PM

Nov 2009
Very good episode ! nothing original but great presentation from Bones
looking forward to more episodes ^^
Oct 4, 2012 1:39 PM

Jul 2010
Good start.First thing i want to mention is of course amazing quality of animation and art (second had some weaker moments, but it's imo still amazing), but yeah, we shouldnt be much surprised here.It's BONES after all :D
OST...it was just priceless.Not much to say.This kind of BGM definitely fits the atmosphere of show.
Characters? we still don't know much about them, but for now im really interested in female chars of the show, especially Aika.Too bad she's already dead ;_; i felt something special in her.I hope to see much flashbacks of her.Hakaze doesnt seem like most powerful mage of all time xD but of course you can't judge book by it's cover.
ED was good, but nothing IMO special.Hoping for better OP :3

4/5 and first impression 7/10.If it keeps being this way or get even better it might end up with even 9 :D but we will see.
Oct 4, 2012 1:39 PM

Oct 2010
xxanimeee said:
the theme song was English O.O
YUP! That takes quite the effort as those OPs are very rare. When they do come, it's singing time! Well some like to do that with OPs.
Orulyon said:
Barion-Zara said:
Yoshino's GF was actually Aika, he didn't really seem to care about her dying

He does care. But for now he is acting like "everything is okay". In order to forget pain sometimes people do that.

Just wait and see.*.*
I figured it would be like that else his mind would got BOOM and who knows what else.

Oct 4, 2012 1:43 PM

Aug 2009
This season seems to have the most amazing anime adaptions! Mahiro is such a badass, can't wait to see more of the dynamics between the two.
Oct 4, 2012 1:47 PM

Aug 2008
So cool! :)
I like this anime!
Awesome cast (Yuuta and Shun from Kimi to Boku lol)
Epic OST
Nice animation
Good action
Interesting story
And sexy character design! :)
Oct 4, 2012 1:54 PM

Apr 2010
It's been a while since a new anime show caught my interest with the first episode like this.
YT: Gaming (gw2,...), cons and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/Vercammen312
Monster girls club card: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=27137
See profile for exemples.
Oct 4, 2012 1:55 PM

Aug 2011
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF- I WAS 'HNNNG'ING ALL OVER THE PLACE. DAMMIT, UCHIYAMA KOUKI-SAMA.

In any case, the music is amazing. And so was the animation and the art and everything :'D It does the manga justice. I swear I'm crying tears of happiness. I was completely captivated.

I knew Yoshino and Aika were together. Or something. I knew it. I was thinking it the minute she began to talk to him coldly.

The ED is great too. It's in English, and the song really suits it SLDFKS:DKL ARGHH I LOVE THIS. GOT SUCH HIGH EXPECTATIONS.
Oct 4, 2012 2:02 PM
Sep 2011
Zetsuen no Tmepest? More like Zetsuen no Exposition!
My god this felt so rushed and it had sooooooo much freaking exposition, you know what would be better? Showing us these horrible events rather than spending over half the episode doing nothing but god damn running time talking about them!!! I wouldn't mind if the dialogue was engaging and fun to read Bakemonogatari style but it's not, it is just straight up telling us everything, Bones is one of my favorite animation studios but this was just so rushed and boring.
On the flip side the show has brilliant animation, I am giving this show another few episodes like any bones show but my god did this first episode leave a nasty taste in my mouth.

Edit: Also I forgot to mention the lead character, his reaction to the death of hundreds of people around him was a resounding "meh", I am sorry to say but were should I start in saying that this guy does not act like a real person would? he should be freaking out and going insane at these events, I know I would.
Oct 4, 2012 2:02 PM

Oct 2010
dat animation *_*
Oct 4, 2012 2:03 PM

Apr 2012
This show looks cool and I just watched ep 1, but I seriously have no plan what's going on so far.
Oct 4, 2012 2:13 PM

Oct 2010
Animation and action so great so it got my attention. Another plus is the main characters aren't the pusssy types you been seeing lately in action animes.

Now i might just read the manga because i dont feel like waiting. LOL
Oct 4, 2012 2:14 PM
Oct 2010
LOL. Watching this after Chuunibyou made it weirdly funny (even though it's not supposed to be at all)... I guess this is the sort of stuff that made a strong impression in Rikka.

Ok, about the episode itself... it felt kinda over the top, especially the dramatic dialogue... but it got my interest, let's see how it goes.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Oct 4, 2012 2:18 PM

May 2008
It was great. Toyonaga Toshiyuki didn't disappoint as Mahiro and the adaptation seems faithful to the manga as well :)
Oct 4, 2012 2:20 PM

Jan 2012
Well, this one looks promising. Looking forward to next episode.

Oct 4, 2012 2:30 PM

Nov 2011
Oh wow I actually really liked this episode.
This anime has definitely caught my attention and I feel like it'll be one of those shows that I can't wait for each week.
魔法少女グレイシー
Oct 4, 2012 2:30 PM

Apr 2011
Great first episode :D
That animation!!!
Oct 4, 2012 2:43 PM

Sep 2010
PFFFFFF it seems a horrific teenager show for the moment (horrific for me, i'm not in my teens). They are including some manservice too, so they want fangirls, they'll spill some hollow sentences like" time is out of joint o cursed spite..." or this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGSrjojDWRM&feature=player_detailpage#t=172s. They are doing it well to sell for the moment, no more. Ill watch one episodes more and if it is going on in that way ill drop it. Not trolling, is my opinion about this first episode, generic show pointing to teenager fans, trying to be deep but being totally frivolous.
Oct 4, 2012 2:57 PM
Jan 2011
I THINK I DIED A LITTLE.

I just finished watching the first episode and I'm still trembling... Finally... Finally... I waited for this anime so long. I just LOVE the manga, and anime so far is way better than I expected it to be, with amazing OST, graphics, animation and cast. I'm glad to hear Nothing's Carved In Stone, really. Really really.

Well... I just hope they don't screw it, I'm really excited to watch it. I think I'm gonna drown in despair waiting for the second episode...

Anyway, I'm not getting any sleep today.
Oct 4, 2012 2:59 PM

Jan 2012
Never read the manga, so sue me for not really understanding what's happening.

But still. Very nice animation by Bones.
Oct 4, 2012 3:09 PM

Sep 2012
Animation is amazing! Fight scene was epic! But I was confused what was Mahiro's connection to Aika?
Oct 4, 2012 3:10 PM

Dec 2010
Very strong opener; just like the manga's start it really makes one want to see more; they changed a few things from the manga and added others but all in all it was still a great first episode; seeing Mahiro fight with magic was BA animated; it really is a shame tho that

Well in any case; the animation was indeed great and the voices matched up well. I look forward to the next episode or so; after that well only time well tell.
Oct 4, 2012 3:12 PM

Nov 2009
Series introduction/screenshots/discussion:
http://randomc.net/2012/10/04/zetsuen-no-tempest-01/
Oct 4, 2012 3:15 PM

May 2011
Hmm, nice story so far.

Like the OP, full of english baby!
Oct 4, 2012 3:19 PM

Jan 2008
Dat English song.

Pretty interesting series so far, loving the animation used during the small fight scene.
Oct 4, 2012 3:20 PM
Sep 2011
This episode definitely got me hooked. One aspect that immediately stood out to me was the prevalent use of orchestral classical soundtrack which, combined with the Shakespearian elements (Mahiro quoting Hamlet: "The time is out of joint" and the whole island setting with magical aspects referring to "The Tempest") gave the episode the impression of a play, which appealed to me. They do have to pay attention that they don't overdo it with the quotes, otherwise it will seem more for show rather than using them as a fundament for more substantial matters.

The dialogue contained a lot of subtext, especially in the first half, and succeeded at getting across the relationship between Mahiro and Yoshino without stating it explicitly. While the former one is clearly based on the vengeful and slightly mad Hamlet, seeking revenge for his murdered relatives, it's not quite clear to me who the latter one's character is supposed to be based on. However, it is apparent that his unassuming exterior hides a cunning side of him as it is implied by his secret relationship with Aika and her opinion of him. I wonder if Mahiro will meet the same fate as his spiritual predecessor...

I like the pacing so far, it's straightforward and doesn't waste time on insignificant things. The story is shrouded in mysteries and I have the feeling Aika's puzzling demise will be one of the most important cases needed to get solved to understand the two male protagonists.
EudaimoniaOct 4, 2012 3:59 PM
Oct 4, 2012 3:22 PM

Dec 2010
Oh ya forgot to mention XD; the OP is really awesome :D, if i recall its also the song they used for the PV.
Oct 4, 2012 3:25 PM

Jan 2011
[center]
Oct 4, 2012 3:30 PM

Mar 2012
WOW, this anime is really interesting!!...
can't wait for the next ep!
Oct 4, 2012 3:31 PM

Oct 2010
Alpha_Centauri said:
A excellent show of the action and Mahiro is badass.

I still think of:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/1243/Night_Head_Genesis
and get vibes all the time despite this series being different from it. There is some feeling from it that stems into this series.

Oct 4, 2012 3:33 PM

Jun 2011
Hmm I personally didn't like it that much. Will keep watching though.

First impressions: 6/10
Oct 4, 2012 3:38 PM
Nov 2008
DAT ANIMATION! *drools* Wow episode 1 was a ''blast'' indeed O.O from all points of view.
Oct 4, 2012 3:38 PM

Sep 2012
The story looks pretty generic thus far, but the characters look promising and DAT ANIMATION!
Oct 4, 2012 3:55 PM

Mar 2011
Wow
Very interesting
somehow everything about this anime just feels right
Music and character are great.
And that fighting animation is pretty awesome
Love it
Oct 4, 2012 3:55 PM

Dec 2007
Pretty good first episode I'm liking it so far..:P
And damn the opening song is my new LSS :P
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

398 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

116 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

260 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

278 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

138 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 8:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.