Forum Settings
Forums

New fad in Japan? silicon injections to creat "donut" effect

New
Sep 27, 2012 9:38 AM

Jul 2012
so sorry i'm not posting video. still not getting all the codes. i'm used to buttons.
its pretty freaky so if you have a weak stomach, don't look!

http://screen.yahoo.com/bagel-heads-shocking-new-trend-in-japan-30711669.html
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Sep 27, 2012 9:43 AM
Dec 2011
: I dont want to live in ths planet anymore :
Sep 27, 2012 9:43 AM

Jun 2012
daintybiscuit said:
so sorry i'm not posting video. still not getting all the codes. i'm used to buttons.
its pretty freaky so if you have a weak stomach, don't look!

http://screen.yahoo.com/bagel-heads-shocking-new-trend-in-japan-30711669.html
seen a fair amount of more extreme ones which are permanent like this lady

at least the bagel heads aint permanent, i dont get the logic of it. Its looks freeking terrible
Sep 27, 2012 9:44 AM

Dec 2011
It's kinda similar to those body implants people get, I've seen a few people with small horns and stuff implanted in their heads and various other shapes around the body.
That's the weirdest fashion trend I've ever seen though :L Where does all the silicone go after the day it wears off?
-----------------------------
Sep 27, 2012 9:44 AM

Sep 2008
It's been a "new fad" for a long while already. There were a few threads about it here on MAL as well in the last couple of years.
Sep 27, 2012 9:45 AM

Nov 2010
I have seen pictures of that around for years, I don't get it. I don't get why that would be cool to have on your head, what are you going to do carry water?, what are they? kappa? you're trying to be a kappa.
Sep 27, 2012 9:45 AM

Jul 2012
seishi-sama said:
It's been a "new fad" for a long while already. There were a few threads about it here on MAL as well in the last couple of years.

ahh i apologize. its brand new to me!
Sep 27, 2012 9:47 AM

Sep 2010
So this "new" fad is just "new" because you came across it recently or because those whacky Japanese are doing the same whacky thing other people have been doing for years?

Sep 27, 2012 9:47 AM

Dec 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
what are you going to do carry water?, what are they? kappa? you're trying to be a kappa.

Haha, I lolled :L
Sep 27, 2012 9:48 AM

Nov 2008
Welshy said:
It's kinda similar to those body implants people get, I've seen a few people with small horns and stuff implanted in their heads and various other shapes around the body.
That's the weirdest fashion trend I've ever seen though :L Where does all the silicone go after the day it wears off?

I don't think you want to know that. If you do just look up horror stories about ruptured butt and breast implants.

Sep 27, 2012 9:48 AM
Mar 2012
And that is how the zombie outbreak started...
Sep 27, 2012 9:50 AM

Sep 2008
daintybiscuit said:
seishi-sama said:

ahh i apologize. its brand new to me!

No need for you to apologize, blame those journos who try to bring up some old trend as a "brand new". :)
Sep 27, 2012 9:52 AM

Dec 2011
Hoppy said:

I don't think you want to know that. If you do just look up horror stories about ruptured butt and breast implants.

Aaah no that's dirty :L. Maybe the silicone slowly leaks out of the needle hole and they can squirt it back out if they squeeze it hard enough.

Sep 2012
Instead of the sensationalist approach in that video, why not check its proper source in National Geographic?
http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/taboo/episodes/extreme-bodies/
http://youtu.be/XP5udgFS8SM

Here it is explained properly that it is not really a fad in Japan (non-Japanese participated too), but one of the niches developed around the world for "extreme body modification".
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.

Jun 2012
Anime_Name said:
So this "new" fad is just "new" because you came across it recently or because those whacky Japanese are doing the same whacky thing other people have been doing for years?

i think it is new ( to japan at least), these aint implants persay, they only last for 12-24 hours. Hell i can imagine this leading to people altering their faces for a night out. Wake up next to a fugly chick when she was hot the night before (temporary face changes), OH THE HORROR

Jun 2009
Video isn't loading, but injections like this have been happening in the West for quite a while.

The problem here is, people are retarded. Especially, yahoo'ers. I know for a fact if I read the comments, I'm going to see people exclaiming how asinine Japan is, whilst ignoring that thousands of people do it in their own country.

this is from japan? oh now i'm not shocked anymore

I am never surprised what comes out of Japan as a new fad.

Lets give them the benefit of the doubt, and say that they are unaware this has been happening in the west for yonks. They certainly know about cosmetic surgery, for sure. Why is chopping our faces up to achieve 'perfection' acceptable?
TrapaliciousSep 27, 2012 10:01 AM
Sep 27, 2012 9:59 AM

Sep 2010
XR said:
Anime_Name said:

i think it is new ( to japan at least), these aint implants persay, they only last for 12-24 hours. Hell i can imagine this leading to people altering their faces for a night out. Wake up next to a fugly chick when she was hot the night before (temporary face changes), OH THE HORROR

So it's new just because the Japanese are injecting silicone for temporary body mods as opposed to more permanent silicone implants. I think you're getting lost in the details and missing the big picture.

Sep 27, 2012 10:03 AM

Jul 2012
Trapalicious said:
Video isn't loading, but injections like this have been happening in the West for quite a while.

The problem here is, people are retarded. Especially, yahoo'ers. I know for a fact if I read the comments, I'm going to see people exclaiming how asinine Japan is, whilst ignoring that thousands of people do it in their own country.

But lets say they are unaware that this has been going on in the USA and so on for a while, they definitely know about cosmetic surgery. What makes this any different? Chopping your face up for the idea of 'perfection' is acceptable?

lol this killed me. a close friend of mine is going in for a face lift. TODAY! I wish her the best. If she wants to change her face for "beauty", and has the cash to do it, then good for her. Its too bad the donut doesn't last longer... hehe

oh yah, i ck out the yahoo news stuff. but i NEVER read the comments. the sheer idiocy is painful.
Sep 27, 2012 10:04 AM

Dec 2010
Anime_Name said:
XR said:
Anime_Name said:

So it's new just because the Japanese are injecting silicone for temporary body mods as opposed to more permanent silicone implants. I think you're getting lost in the details and missing the big picture.

I think I speak for everyone other than you when I say... stop being a dick.
Sep 27, 2012 10:06 AM

Nov 2010
Trapalicious said:
You mean like those girls that got injected with cement, tire fix goo, super glue, and other nasty stuff for implants?

http://helablog.com/2011/11/ghetto-booty-%E2%80%93-using-cement-super-glue-and-fix-a-flat/

Sep 27, 2012 10:13 AM

Sep 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
Trapalicious said:
You mean like those girls that got injected with cement, tire fix goo, super glue, and other nasty stuff for implants?

http://helablog.com/2011/11/ghetto-booty-%E2%80%93-using-cement-super-glue-and-fix-a-flat/

"Cops think Morris was part of an underground network of “butt doctors” who have been offering home buttock augmentations at “pumping parties” for years across the state."

lol, this is ridiculous.
Sep 27, 2012 10:16 AM

Jun 2009
daintybiscuit said:
oh yah, i ck out the yahoo news stuff. but i NEVER read the comments. the sheer idiocy is painful.

Oh of course, I don't mind Yahoo as a news source itself. Yeah, the comments though ... they make The Daily Mail in the UK look like a bunch of hippies.
IntroverTurtle said:

I seen someone like that while I was out in town a week or so ago. At least she'd have a comfortable chair for any given time.

...well, maybe not so much the cement.
TrapaliciousSep 27, 2012 10:22 AM
Sep 27, 2012 10:25 AM

Sep 2010
Jack_Rav said:
Anime_Name said:
XR said:
Anime_Name said:

Do you also speak for the people in this thread that are also saying "Dat shit happens all the time" or do you only speak for the kind of people that when the facts aren't on their side they must resort to personal attacks?

Sep 27, 2012 10:27 AM

Feb 2010
XR said:
seen a fair amount of more extreme ones which are permanent like this lady

How much XP do I get for killing her?
LUL
Sep 27, 2012 10:32 AM
Sep 2012
Have personally never seen it before, but I have seen plenty of other, more permanent, mods. Hell, I have one in my forearm.
Sep 27, 2012 10:34 AM

Sep 2011
wtf japan
Sep 27, 2012 10:59 AM

Jul 2007
I don't understand.
Sep 27, 2012 11:07 AM

Dec 2009
I read that recently a young married man died from silicon injection into the penis by a unlicensed guy.
Sep 27, 2012 11:20 AM

Feb 2012
This has been going on since 2007 in Japan. Leave it to American media to say it's new.

As for the whole bagel thing, I think it's interesting. I personally would never do it, but considering it's not permanent and disappears after a day, I don't see anything wrong with it. It's great for those that are into the body modification thing, but for me I prefer to look normal.
Sep 27, 2012 11:44 AM

Jun 2012
This kind of stuff always grosses me out, I will never understand why people feel the need to mutilate their bodies.
Sep 27, 2012 12:03 PM

Aug 2012
They are simply asking for shooting them in the hole.
Sep 27, 2012 2:43 PM

Dec 2010
Anime_Name said:
Jack_Rav said:
Anime_Name said:
XR said:
Anime_Name said:

Do you also speak for the people in this thread that are also saying "Dat shit happens all the time" or do you only speak for the kind of people that when the facts aren't on their side they must resort to personal attacks?

Jack_Rav said:

It's pretty clear what I mean. Just, in general, stop acting like you've got a broom handle up your ass.
Sep 27, 2012 3:09 PM
Jul 2018
Jack_Rav said:

It's pretty clear what I mean. Just, in general, stop acting like you've got a broom handle up your ass.

Calm your horses there dude.

Anyway there were always crazy things like these for quite a while, but donuts? Seriously?
Sep 27, 2012 3:24 PM

Dec 2009
I always knew Japan had a bad taste in fashion, but dam. This tops all their fashion disasters.
Sep 27, 2012 4:04 PM

Sep 2010

Sorry, I was acting like the conversation you were having with me was actually about this topic. If you meant something else then take it else where. And I am not going to stop my act because it's how I post and you aren't sexy enough to cause me to change myself.

Sep 28, 2012 2:15 AM

Jun 2012
Anime_Name said:
Jack_Rav said:
Anime_Name said:
XR said:
Anime_Name said:

jesus talk about nit picking, my point was simply is that they are not implants, they are something i have not seen before, and seem to be relatively new, implants have been around for a very long time. These have not ( or at least to my knowlage they havent been). You talk about not getting bogged down in detail then complain when someone else goes off topic when you have been a dick.

But Yvese says its been going on since 07' i dont know if he means implants or these silicone injections. Hmmm. Either way its the first ive heard about it.
Sep 28, 2012 3:01 AM
Jun 2012
Retr0Master said:
I always knew Japan had a bad taste in fashion, but dam. This tops all their fashion disasters.

This shit isn't new, very few people do it and other countries are in on this "fad" too (including America). That, and America has a worst taste in fashion than Japan.
Sep 28, 2012 3:05 AM

Jun 2012
Deziah said:
Retr0Master said:

This shit isn't new, very few people do it and other countries are in on this "fad" too (including America). That, and America has a worst taste in fashion than Japan.

when was that picture taken the 90's XD haha. Ive seen plenty of perma implants but not seen these types before, at least not in the head. Maybe its too "underground" and "trendy" for me. I kid i kid.

On a lighter note you know where the fashion of low batties comes from? In american prisons it was a way for inmates to show off their junk to prospective male ermmmmmm lovers? :P
XRSep 28, 2012 3:31 AM
Sep 28, 2012 3:08 AM

Dec 2009
Oh geez, that picture makes me laugh every time.

Well, we invented the emo subculture and popularized baggy pants... you might be on to something there Deziah.
Sep 28, 2012 3:29 AM
Dec 2011
Hmm how attractive!! Not...

This is my first time hearing/seeing it. But I just hope no one starts to draw bagel heads in anime.
Sep 28, 2012 3:51 AM

May 2012
This isn't exactly new. But yeah, it looked freaking weird. I wonder why they want to "handicap" their own face
Sep 28, 2012 3:55 AM

Mar 2009
That looks retarded.
Sep 28, 2012 5:02 AM
Jun 2012
thats disgusting lol
Sep 28, 2012 6:10 AM

Jun 2011
What a waste of good silicon that could have gone into a woman's boobs or computer parts. =/

Though overall, Japan have a pretty good fashion sense, most Japanese have much better fashion sense than Westerners, and certainly better than the Chinese.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.