Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Nov 28, 2014 4:57 PM

Sep 2009
I waited around 8 years to rewatch this serie since 2006 when was aired on CN latinoamerica, and the ending was a bit sad, I was expecting they would stay together but at the same time, it makes sense, I'm pretty sure that met later.
One of the best anime I've ever seen in my life, and now I recall why I'm so fascinated with Samurais and why I'm so eager to go to Japan, this anime made feel like going now even more.
If I made it to Japan, I'll definitely do the same journey through Japan.
I found this map with Mugen, Jin and Fuu journey.
Nov 29, 2014 11:46 AM

Sep 2014
Amazing anime that kept action, comedy, and adventure in a great balance.
Dec 19, 2014 2:11 AM

Jul 2014
Amazing show. 10/10
How do I signature?
Dec 22, 2014 10:38 PM

Apr 2014
I personally think Mugen and Jin should have died together, just collapsed next to each other but I understand why they didn't leave it like that.
Dec 28, 2014 8:32 AM

Feb 2014
I didn't like ending that much as it was more of an open ending and I generally hate them. I would like to know how they ended up, whether they met again, how they made living, if Jin returned to Shino and if ninja woman eventually married Mugen. Speaking of that, throughout whole series there were some subtle hints that Fuu might liked Mugen but they ditched it just with See you again...

Not satisfied with the last minutes but overally this ep. was really great and the whole series was brilliant although, there were some eps. that were not so good, still Samurai Champloo confirmed that it's a jewel and belongs to top. 10/10
Between the adult world and the world of kids,

there, Holyland exists.
Dec 30, 2014 2:33 PM

Jun 2014
That was a nice combo kill using the opponent's weapon to kill him.

Jan 4, 2015 3:27 AM

Apr 2013
A beautiful ending to such an amazing series. 10/10. The action was compelling and superb. The feels are strong. Thought Jin and Mugen were definitely going to die, would have hurt so much. So relieved they are alive and acknowledging each other as friends now. Since they split paths, hope they will run back into each other like every other time they tried to lose their way and fate ultimately times them back together in one piece. 10/10
Jan 5, 2015 2:07 AM

Oct 2013
It's a bitter sweet ending, i mean they should've stayed together since they can manage to survive and get by when they're together, i was waiting the whole credit scene hoping that they'll turn around and decided to travel together again :(

Well at least both Mugen and Jin still alive

Overall score 9/10, would give it perfect 10 if they keep traveling together
Jan 11, 2015 12:59 AM

Aug 2013
Finished this a few days ago and I gotta say that this was one helluva ride, how they all survived at the end even with the bombs and stuff was little bit pushing it but I am glad they are all alive, I'm sure they'll meet one another in the future.

But WOW, I have to praise for it's art and animation, for a 2004 anime, it's unbelievably amazing. 8/10
Jan 16, 2015 5:23 PM

Dec 2013
One of the best fights I have seen for sure. Holy balls..killing an opponent with his own weapon.
Dat fucking lowlife shooting Mugen.
WAT, Jin?
What a thriller. It seems I was wrong. Lady Luck has never left these 2 fuckers xD
Epic finale. I wish they stayed travelling together but it was good nontetheless.

Awesome characters and even the hip=hoppy music didn't bother me. There was also some great traditional Jap music.
Very solid action series. Episodes 19-21 and 24-26 made me raise the score: strong 7/10
Jan 20, 2015 5:31 AM

Oct 2014
Don´t know how to feel about ´em still being alive. Several cuts and beatings,a gunshot wound and a dozen sticks of dynomite exploded right to Mugen´s face and he doesn´t even have any permanent damage.But it the end I finished it in only 2 days and enjoyed it a ton,so I guess it doesn´t matter.
Jan 27, 2015 9:38 PM

Nov 2013
i loved how they ended it personally (the whole arc)

really this show was so much fun.
Feb 8, 2015 11:31 AM

Apr 2014
That final three episodes were outstanding. In this episode I thought too often that Mugen, Jin and Fuu die or they are already dead. For me it was surprising that they survived. A great series ends!
Feb 8, 2015 9:01 PM
Oct 2013
What a great way to end the series. Beautiful.
Feb 19, 2015 12:38 AM

Jun 2013
That ending was absolute BS. theres no way they could have survived but I absolutely love the fact that they did. Overall I really liked the show it was so stylish and stuff
Mar 15, 2015 3:17 PM

Jun 2014
9.5/10
Apr 25, 2015 2:34 PM
Nov 2014
i thought the last episode was slightly anti climatic. having travelled all that way, i expected fuu to want to hear why her father left from his own lips. having come all that way, only to tell him she did not want to hear any excuses seemed a waste of time. why bother to look for him at all then?

also, it did not seem credible that mugen and jin could have sustained all those injuries and lived. i was glad they survived but it was a bit far fetched....

...just like the idea that fuu could love a vulgar, ill tempered brute like mugen...

i was initially disappointed that they went their separate ways but i think that makes sense now. they see themselves as friends so i think they would have arranged somehow to meet up again, or they would have been pushed back together by fate.

the series flagged a bit in the late teen episodes but it was very funny in parts; i'm glad i watched it.
Jun 13, 2015 3:44 AM

Jun 2014
so fucking happy they survived

amazing anime
:3
Jul 10, 2015 5:00 PM

Jul 2009
I was expecting them to end up traveling together! They all went separate ways, kinda sad... 7/10
Jul 19, 2015 3:13 PM

Jun 2015
I just finished this show today, and I have to say that I really enjoyed it a lot overall. I'm just a bit dissapointed by how the last episode turned out. I would have rated the show with a solid 9 but can't do it after Jin survived while being cut on the side by the 'Hand of God' samurai and thrown to the water for the first time, and then being stabbed again on his back but was still able to kill his opponent. It was quite unbelievable.
In the other hand, Mugen surviving to a bullet in the stomach and to a bunch of grenades was also pretty lame. It would have been better if he just killed the guy in the wheelchair right before the explosion and that situation was avoided.

So Jin dying in ep. 25 would have made a big impact and this show would be pretty much perfect for me. It's a pity. I still give it an 8/10.
And well, after forgetting the deaths of Jin and Mugen, I really don't have a problem with them and Fuu parting ways after they accomplished their journey. I think this end was the right thing to conclude the story, although it was a bit sad to see them split once again.

The OP, ED and the OST are amazing. A very entertaining and recommendable show all in all.
MMiyamotoJul 19, 2015 3:16 PM
Jul 30, 2015 10:38 AM

Jun 2013
I was hoping the kunoichi chick would show up.
Aug 25, 2015 7:16 PM

Jul 2015
Despite the fact that Mugen and Jin survived their respective fights, the whole ending was fantastic. The tension, the OST, the animation, all of this makes these three last episodes very enjoyable.

9/10. Action, comedy, drama...what else could I ask for?
♪♪ All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be ♪♪

Sep 29, 2015 12:38 PM

Jul 2015
I know that this discussion thread is pretty old now, but the anime is so good, that I don't want or think that the spirit of Samurai Champloo to end. This anime has the chillest beats by the way, thank you Nujabes and the music cast, but I want to know some things.
Did Fuu lie and say that the coin flipped was actually heads? Because if I recall back to the first episode, I thought it did really land on a tails.
What happens now? Now that they are going their separate ways, it feels so sad for them to do so, but I feel that's what they wanted and it was pretty cool, so I'm alright with that ending, and plus, they've accompolished their journey that Mugen and Jin started with Fuu, so I guess that makes sense of them to split again, but it's just so sad.
Very enjoyable anime, knows how to incorporate different kinds of themes together, which brings the best experience in an anime.
Oct 20, 2015 10:19 PM
Oct 2015
Chill beats, cool fights, for me it was a nice casual watch. The ending totally felt right for the vibe of the anime. However it did leave me with a bunch of questions. But an overall great experience. For some reason or other tho, Mugen's new sword is getting me super curious, idk why lol.

7-8/10
I don't find myself re-watching it but who knows. I'll definetly consider checking out the manga.

Gurren Laggan master race 🎉🎉🎉🎉
Oct 23, 2015 12:14 PM
May 2012
Great ending for a great Anime. I really thought that the 3 of them (or at least Jin and Mugen) will die, but of course, I wanted them to live.
I don't want them to part ways, but oh well. I really enjoyed this Anime.
Man, I really want to travel.
Oct 26, 2015 12:04 AM
Sep 2014
Finished it within two days, it kept me hooked. I'm not even sure why, but it definitely had a nice charm to it.

I agree with most others, I felt a bit sad they split ways at the end. However, honestly I think it fits. We all meet people, whether only for 10 minutes, a month, or a few years, and then they or we just leave. Will we see them again in the future? Maybe we will, if fate demands it. Sometimes those friends we made on our own journey simply move on when it's done. I thought the bird watching Mugen at the end was cool, not sure why but it felt like it signified something.

Anyway, great series and props to the music guys behind it. I really loved some the tracks, several of them brought something different throughout which was nice.
Oct 29, 2015 1:14 PM

Sep 2012
ur kidding me, this is the end & no season2?! it can't end until they have dealt with Shougan guy, cause until they haven't she has to look over her shoulders, she has Shitty life until then, that's the reason season 2 is needed, & i don't give a SH that it was made so long ago
Nov 27, 2015 11:51 PM

Dec 2011
I feel like I wanted something more from this ending. I like how they acknowledged their friendship and went their separate ways knowing this, but everything before that was pretty cookie cutter. Let's throw logic out the window and ignore these life threatening wounds but ok. Will definitely miss the OST the most.
Dec 7, 2015 3:28 PM

Dec 2014
There's no way they should've survived but I'm grateful for it. Shoutout to the late Nujabes and Fat Jon for the work they put in for this show. Soundtrack really gave the show a unique feel to the show and it worked so well. Def one of the best soundtracks for any show I've watched
Dec 15, 2015 5:25 PM
Sep 2014
10/10
Dec 29, 2015 7:52 AM
Oct 2014
I thought that Jin at least should have died (not that I wanted him too!). It seemed like the story was begging for it to happen. It certainly would have been more dramatic. Both Mugen and Jin surviving seemed like a forced happy ending. Great set of final episodes though! Those fights were crazy!
"The only thing I still write is a list of people I'll never forgive" - Hikigaya 8man
Jan 5, 2016 4:12 PM

Jul 2014
I bet they'll end up together again eventually.
Jan 15, 2016 2:08 PM

Aug 2015
Not quite my tempo.
Jan 23, 2016 5:16 PM

Jun 2008
What? Why would they not be together after all they've been through? Nonetheless, it was a satisfying ending. Jin looked extremely handsome when he reappeared. Dayum.
HEY!
Feb 1, 2016 9:33 PM

Sep 2013
I think they have happy ending.
I know Jin will be back to Shino because Jin is love her so much
I know Yatsuha will find mugan to get married. She will find her way to find Mugen
I hope Fuu get a nice husband
Feb 21, 2016 1:45 AM
Aug 2013
>still be able to survive after getting shot and taking a fatal strike of an legendary swordmaster
The only legit explaination for this is that they all turned into zombies after episode 22 without being aware of it and literally cant die unless you put both on the cross and burn them to ashes.Still a good show overall
Feb 28, 2016 5:06 AM

Oct 2010
This was such a beautiful journey, amazing anime in every sense of the word. :)
Mar 5, 2016 6:15 PM
Mar 2016
Almost cried at the end this was a beautiful Anime one of my favorite thats for sure!!!!
XMugenBeenTrappinX
Mar 30, 2016 3:36 PM

Jul 2015
I was going to give this anime a 10 even tough i didn't liked a few episodes where nothing serious happened, but unfortunately this end does not satisfied me, jin was already practically dead and decide to use a technique that involve you getting stabbed and dying but being able to take your opponent with you, but for non explained reason he didn't die (don't get me wrong i'm happy kind off that he didn't die but still).
Mugen not dying didn't bothered me, he was in a situation where it was believable he could survive.
The last thing that i didn't like is that they part way at the end, just why ? if there would have been a sequel it wouldn't have bothered me but here it leave a really bad taste in my mouth.
And last a little thing that is personal i would have liked to have Fuu and Mugen "officially" together...
Apr 5, 2016 4:59 AM
Feb 2016
YOU KNOW WHAT'S THE MOST SADDEST PART ABOUT THIS WHOLE THING?... The fact that both Jin and mugen have a person to go to but fuu. Jin has that woman who was being abused by her husband for money but all he needs to do is wait three years. Mugen has that undercover police officer that already said when she was leaving that she would marry him in the future and I think mugen would do so since she great body, big boobs, and shes rough, which mugen starts to really like. Now this part may or may not give you a "omg, why" thought in your mind. Fuu has no lover in mind, because the one that she had is thought to have died by police officers for pickpocketing, and having fuu as a hostage. Except, the thing that brings up a question in my mind is that they never showed his death. All they did show was fuu in shock but who. Knows. He may be alive or not. I don't know. But I would really like to know. Thank you for reading my essay here.
Apr 8, 2016 7:36 PM

Feb 2015
Well I guess the old guy was only hit by the other end of the sword as I thought he got stabbed but he was fine.

I don't like that Jin survived considering he was already heavily wounded and his sensei said you have basically 0 chance of surviving.

I hope Mugen goes and gets that sex he was promised.

8/10 it had 2 or 3 mediocre episodes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 27, 2016 2:28 PM
Feb 2016
Only qualm I have about this episode, and series, is that they split ways at the end. I get that the characters were all raised somewhat alone. Jin and Mugen are loners, and Fuu has been on her own since her mother died. However, I thought one of the main themes of the show was that their growing friendship broke the boundaries of their former characteristics of loneliness and alienation. I believe that they will end up together again, possibly even in a short amount of time, like usual. They did try to split up fairly often, to no avail. I just wanted the show to transparently portray it, instead of insinuating it. I wanted to see them all settle in one town together, possibly with Jin and Mugen opening a dojo to teach kenjutsu. Also, Fuu could open a little tea shop like her uncle and aunts. Just my thoughts.
Apr 27, 2016 5:14 PM

Jan 2016
I thought that samurai in ep 2 will show up in the last arc, seriously who's that old guy?
マジ Saitama 殴り
May 9, 2016 9:01 PM

Mar 2016
Whoo, I watched that as a reward for finishing finals but that arc was more stressful than my tests.

Not sure how I feel about them splitting up. Makes sense conceptually - everyone meets people in their life but we all ultimately have our own journey. But considering they were all so lonely before, and the journey sort of opened them up as friends, it kind of goes against that to me. Have to think about it.
May 14, 2016 2:31 PM

Feb 2016
Im so glad that all of them Fuu, Mugen and Jin didn't die. They wouldn't have deserved an end like this. The final battle between Mugen and Jin against those guys was very exciting and breathtaking. The final scene made sense as some of here have already mentioned that everyone has to go their own way and live their life but this time they split up as friends for life and im really sure they will meet again like they always did when they split up. Im just asking myself why i haven't watched this series much earlier but im happy that I have finally made it. Samurai Champloo has everything you ask for a masterpiece of an anime like great action scenes, awesome main characters with each of their individual strengths and weaknesses, a beautiful soundtrack and a great sense of humour. 5/5 for the final episode and as a overall rating for the whole series Samurai Champloo deserves a 10/10 without doubt in my opinion.
SilentSword114May 14, 2016 2:36 PM
Jun 15, 2016 12:43 PM

Feb 2016
The fight of mugen was an interesting watch. Fuu's father dying and those reveals concerning him were suprising. And long last jin and mugen consider each other as friends.
Jun 15, 2016 6:05 PM
Feb 2016
wish there was a sequel series
Jul 3, 2016 3:27 PM

Jul 2014
Kind of anticlimactic ending but still pretty good.

Overall, this show wasn't as memorable as Cowboy Bebop, the self-contained episodes worked better for that show and it just didn't immerse me as much as that show did. The music wasn't as good, and the characters weren't as fleshed-out. But it was still a good show.

5/5
D-ohnutsJul 3, 2016 3:34 PM
Jul 28, 2016 9:53 PM

Nov 2012
Kind of convenient how their swords broke right as they were about to kill each other and how they managed to survive all their injuries,but in the end glad neither of the two died.

8/10.
Aug 16, 2016 3:24 PM
Mar 2015
This was a pretty good series man! The fight scenes where great and thank God that they all survived in the end. (Knew Mugen would live, he's Mugen)

I feel bad for Fuu, she could have tried to stop that guy from killing her father. I don't know, use the blade that she (Now I can totally confirm) NEVER used. If there was a time to use that blade, THAT was the time. Probably the only complaint I have with this series.

All in all, I give this series an 8/10.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Samurai Champloo Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

SunSir - Mar 20, 2008

167 by Natsu_20_ »»
Yesterday, 2:16 PM

Poll: » Samurai Champloo Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Scribbly - Jul 17, 2008

107 by Jamk_ »»
Yesterday, 12:00 PM

Poll: » Samurai Champloo Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

smokes - Nov 1, 2009

82 by Jamk_ »»
Yesterday, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Samurai Champloo Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Akral - Sep 17, 2007

67 by Buzz-1 »»
Apr 18, 7:23 PM

Poll: » Samurai Champloo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

SunSir - Mar 20, 2008

186 by plus_SlamDunk »»
Mar 28, 7:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.