Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 20, 2012 6:17 PM
Mar 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
it ended just like that?
really? stupid cliffhanger endings -.-
well under assumption; Reiji saves his sister, but the 3 years separated from her has changed her personality and sanity
but that is only of they do decide to continue the series, which they won't
so meh not that great of a series imho 6/10
Aug 21, 2012 12:13 AM

Apr 2007
They could have finished this manga in like 2-3 more chapters, why the hell did he end it!
He go there and kill the boss, then saves his sister... his sister forgot about him so he goes crying and tell her how much he loves her!
After that she suddenly gets her memories back, and there we got a happy ending!

But noooooo they had to end it with a damn open ending!!!!!!!!
Aug 21, 2012 1:06 AM

Dec 2008
ramonnl said:
They could have finished this manga in like 2-3 more chapters, why the hell did he end it!

Because the author was tired of writing Gantz like story and decided to start a new one that is more like Kampfer :/
For those who are really desperate here is the sequel ->
http://myanimelist.net/manga/35121/Sai:Taker_-_Futari_no_Artemis
But I recommend not reading it because it is a bad joke and not a contination of Re:Birth.

As for this chapter - Reiji finally turned into a badass ready to kick ass without whining, why couldn't we watch him ripping the bad guys to pieces? :/
New profile design sucks.
Aug 21, 2012 1:12 AM

Apr 2008
Here's hoping for a real sequel >_>
Aug 21, 2012 4:16 AM

Aug 2010
Shit manga was shit.

At least it was better than Freezing.
Aug 21, 2012 2:05 PM

Jul 2009
That was a..pretty troll ending...I honestly think it was worse than Double Arts ending... didn't even know it was the ending until I saw status completed -_-
Aug 21, 2012 6:00 PM

Aug 2011
Wow that was so disappointing. I guess they would talk about what happened that day in Sai: Taker but still that ending was awful.
Aug 21, 2012 7:41 PM
Oct 2010
so that really was the end? just when he stopped being a pussy too -_- lame
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Aug 22, 2012 4:00 PM

Jun 2007
I know Dal Young is infamous for the manner in which he 'ends' his series, but surely there's got to be a proper continuation? You can't suddenly have THE WORST, MOST USELESS MAIN CHARACTER EVER CREATED ripping out a heart, with his poor sister strapped to a chair, and call that an ending. YOU JUST CAN'T!

The sucky thing about this is, there was a lot of good contained within Ayaka's character that made the series great, at times. I was impressed by how her being a psycho was tied into the battle mechanics. It also impressed me how it was explained that our society, which caters to the weak, was built on the sins of the strong. Had Reiji not been so... UGH and Ayaka not been forced to protect him due to his role as her special one, I could easily see the series as being good; with Ayaka topping Yuno Gasai in the love-love yandere rankings. BUT NO, WE GOT THIS SHIT INSTEAD!

It was a cancellation/low popularity ending. Had to be. Otherwise, Dal Young would've milked it for all its worth, like with the ever trashy Freezing. Same sort of deal as UXU: ran into problems and finished it terribly, just to get it over with.

Was gonna give it 6/10, but 5/10 is the best I can offer if it's just gonna be left like THAT.
Aug 22, 2012 4:54 PM

Dec 2008
AironicallyHuman said:
It was a cancellation/low popularity ending. Had to be.

I wonder. If that was the case would he started Sai:Taker which is, in theory at least, a sequel?
Aug 22, 2012 5:16 PM

Jun 2007
I can only assume he had some ideas left over he wanted to try from Re:Birth, re-worked to fit with a new series. Unless Sai Taker links into Re:Birth in a big way, I can only see ending after 7 volumes - when he's CLEARLY in it for the money, with the amount of crap he pumps out all at once - as a way of cutting his losses. He could've kept the series going on forever since there wasn't a time or 'player' limit, like in most survival series, and that confession girl Reiji bumped into (was on one of the covers) seemed to be discarded, so...
Aug 22, 2012 7:53 PM

Feb 2009
So I assume that Ayaka and Reiji switched minds right before being separated and that's why AyakaReiji's so badass now and can use Phantom.

And ReijiAyaka's been strapped down naked with 1 arm to a chair for 3 years like he deserves.

Finally, Natsuhi has fully accepted AyakaReiji has her onee-sama.
Sep 14, 2012 6:17 AM

Sep 2009
c'mon that's it??? i even stop reading until chapter 25 and waited for a few months for the manga to be complete so that i could read the ending but that it??!!!!!!!! this is one of the shittist manga ending i ever ending i ever read, they could have ended it that way and say that there is a sequel and what is the purpose of making Sai:taker?? when they could have make another 2-3 or 4 chapters to end it well and see Reiji fighting like a badass.... geez this is like a game you have high hopes for it but ended in a shittiest way !!!!
Sep 14, 2012 9:14 AM

Dec 2008
devilscorner said:
what is the purpose of making Sai:taker?? when they could have make another 2-3 or 4 chapters to end it well and see Reiji fighting like a badass....

It seems that the author decided that mindless fanservice sells better than plot (or maybe just don't overtax his brain so much) and that is why Re:Birth died and Sai:Taker was orn :/
Sep 17, 2012 7:53 PM
Mar 2011
KeiFaggot said:
Shit manga was shit.

hater alert
if you hate Freezing, why are you at an im dal young manga post?
Sep 21, 2012 2:21 PM
Nov 2010
KeiFaggot said:
Shit manga was shit.

Nah, at least Freezing can have a few decent fanservice moments.

This manga was definitely worse so far.
Sep 21, 2012 2:23 PM
Nov 2010
Zakeru1221 said:
KeiFaggot said:
Shit manga was shit.

hater alert

Favorite People:
Im, Dal Young

That explains it.
Oct 3, 2012 11:59 PM

Jan 2009
This chapter ended up being the most interesting. And now its over. Well that was a crapshoot waste of the other 28 chapters. Really now, couldn't you have just had more of this in the rest of the manga instead of rest following an irritating spineless protagonist? I suppose not.
Nov 10, 2012 12:38 PM

Nov 2011
fcuk that... simply just FCUK THAT
Nov 10, 2012 7:59 PM
Mar 2011
Z-flame said:
Zakeru1221 said:
KeiFaggot said:
Shit manga was shit.

hater alert

Favorite People:
Im, Dal Young

That explains it.

irrelevant lmfao
Jan 17, 2013 11:33 PM

Nov 2011
>Is what you believe good or evil?

BULLSHIT ending. Well, the manga started off good but the later chapters between 25-29 imo seemed like shit to me. Dal Young should write a side story to this to make up for the shitty ending but otherwise, I'll give it a 6/10.
Mar 28, 2013 10:24 AM
Jul 2012
SotC>Rebirth
Mar 28, 2013 10:26 AM
Jul 2012
WHY... WHY, why would he end the series like that? Shadow of the Colossus' ending was way more subtle than this.
Apr 21, 2013 1:30 AM

Aug 2011
WHAT KIND OF BLACK MAGIC IS THIS !?!?!?!?! how can it end like this i new this guy is gona do this all his mangas have things that just piss me off and makes me wana put a vibrator in his ass but dam he still can tell a story that makes you want more ! Its black magic i tell you ! Black magic !!!
Jul 4, 2013 2:52 PM
Nov 2011
i can't speak.... what the hell was the author thinking, it was a good manga.
if it would end like this i would preder that the story ended when they where seperate, not to get so exited to continue the story and find that awfull ending
Jan 7, 2014 3:30 AM

Mar 2013
Oh my dear, not even Albert Einstein can figure out what the hell is wrong with Tachibana Reiji. He is a ginormous wuss . Poor Ayaka had to put up with a pussy for a little brother.
Apr 16, 2014 5:09 AM
Apr 2014
WHAT THE HELL?????!!!!! I need someone to share my pain!!! the ending was so disappointing.....the start and the middle was good but @!@#@@
can someone recommend me some new manga, A GOOD ONE? I was so attached when I was reading It but it left me hanging. IDK but I feel hopeless, like I'm sucked in a black hole.
hahahah
nonamenooneApr 16, 2014 8:48 AM
Apr 16, 2014 6:05 AM
Apr 2014
lol reading light novels just to occupy my mind from that ending hahaha
Apr 28, 2014 12:03 PM
Jun 2013
is it just me or that was a really shitty ending? i mean seriously?!?! after the time skip,he suddenly gets stronger,fight some unknown dude for a while then boom the end?! at least i want to see some action scenes,where in he fights that fucker ishigami and destroys life inc. with his new "badass powers" like seriously?!?! come on man! is this really the end?!?!
Jun 17, 2014 12:29 PM
Mar 2013
Guys, you should think here .. Just because the ending was damn wrong it doesn't mean that you should bury the entire manga ..
Im, Dal Young is well known for his sh*tty cliffhangers so when you were about to start reading you had to keep that in mind.
I'll give it a 9/10. Definitely.
ShazeXXXJun 17, 2014 12:36 PM
Jun 17, 2014 4:00 PM

Jan 2014
WTF IS THIS ENDING!?!? I'm so pissed of. This was an amazing manga 9/10. But that was a BULL SHIT ending.
Jul 16, 2014 7:34 AM

Jul 2014
seiyu said:
So I assume that Ayaka and Reiji switched minds right before being separated and that's why AyakaReiji's so badass now and can use Phantom.

And ReijiAyaka's been strapped down naked with 1 arm to a chair for 3 years like he deserves.

^ This

Now you grew a pair, you're 28 chapters and 3 years too late! Ayaka doesn't deserve that, after the fucking badass stunt she pulled back at the end of chapter 1. 'Tis a crying shame for it to end like that, to be honest. Ending is worse than that of B. Reaction...
My pussy's glued to a building on fire...
Dec 2, 2015 4:54 AM
Sep 2014
The ending was surely unexpected for me, but just finding out that's what the author Lim Dall-young was known for, I should've seen it coming. It was a good read 'til it last. Seeing how the plot gave intense insights on the society we live in got me interested in the explanation through out the story. I liked the idea of Reiji's change from a pacifist into someone who finally accepting that killing is inevitable, he did obtain the Phantom ability concluding that he himself has took the path of a psychopath. I wanna complain Nikaidou Ran not more fleshed out in the ending on how she felt after the incident with Reiji and the others but after reading the sequel for it, Sai: Taker - Futari no Artemis, I just found out that she has become the guardian of the siblings of the guy Ayaka killed. Concluding that she accepted the life of taking care of those kids. Not yet clear, though if she still holds grudge to Ayaka but looking at her life now, my guess is she forgiven her.
Feb 28, 2016 12:05 PM
Feb 2016
WHAT THE FUCK? WHAT KIND OF ENDING WAS THAT?!!!!! IT'S LIKE YOU ARE GIVING US READERS A REASON NOW TO READ ANY OF YOUR SHITTY STORIES OR ANY MANGA FOR THAT MATTER!!! FUCKING ENDING IS THAT!!!!
Mar 1, 2016 5:45 AM

Oct 2014
Good art shitty plot. and shittiest mc ever 3/10
Apr 2, 2016 6:27 PM

Jul 2014
seiyu said:

I had mixed feeling about the ending but your comment certainly made my day thx XD.
Jun 6, 2017 7:19 AM
Feb 2016
wtf with this ending..
this ending very suck *sight*
Mar 6, 2018 12:15 AM
Jul 2018
BackLashWave said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
it ended just like that?
really? stupid cliffhanger endings -.-
well under assumption; Reiji saves his sister, but the 3 years separated from her has changed her personality and sanity
but that is only of they do decide to continue the series, which they won't
so meh not that great of a series imho 6/10

Did you understand wtf the plot became at the end?
How is the Inc going to "dominate" the world by turning more people into Takers?
What is the "princess"?
Oct 29, 2018 2:21 PM

Aug 2014
So, I just finished reading this. I agree with everyone here. What a stupid fucking ending that gives no closure whatsoever. Waste of fucking time. What is the point of reading this guy's mangas if you don't get any kind of closure at the end? Fuck this, I am beyond pissed
Jun 17, 2022 5:29 AM

May 2015
That was rushed as all heck. The princesses translocation should of just worked. But no they set him up as a badguy, kidnap our main girl and make our main character a badass for a cliffhanger that will never be continued.

What the heck??? 7/10. I felt reiji was being redeemed but then he ruined it at the end with the cliffhanger
Feb 11, 2023 12:17 PM

Dec 2018
Posting this comment for newbies who might read.

This Manga has a proper sequel Called 'Re:Birth-2 The Life Taker' it is in Manhwa format and has 14 translated chapters.

And do not worry, Our MC becomes a Hardcore kick-ass in the next volume.
Mar 21, 9:31 PM
May 2023
Im about to give this a 7 but after reading the ending and
Experiencing earthquake at the same time (im in indonesia)
It deserve a 6/10 the ending suck imma read the spin off
Lets nope its going well

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Birth - The Lunatic Taker Chapter 27 Discussion

Striderfang - Jul 12, 2012

4 by Magicmist »»
Jun 17, 2022 5:21 AM

Poll: » Re:Birth - The Lunatic Taker Chapter 26 Discussion

BackLashWave - Jun 3, 2012

6 by Magicmist »»
Jun 17, 2022 5:11 AM

Poll: » Re:Birth - The Lunatic Taker Chapter 25 Discussion

notsureifsrs - Apr 29, 2012

8 by Magicmist »»
Jun 17, 2022 5:06 AM

Poll: » Re:Birth - The Lunatic Taker Chapter 23 Discussion

notsureifsrs - Mar 22, 2012

7 by Magicmist »»
Jun 17, 2022 4:55 AM

Poll: » Re:Birth - The Lunatic Taker Chapter 21 Discussion

Kiijutsu - Sep 14, 2011

10 by Magicmist »»
Jun 17, 2022 3:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.