Forum Settings
Forums

Have you ever been attacked for liking/disliking a certain anime?

New
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 20, 2012 4:02 PM

Mar 2012
Shuhan said:
Mikasa said:
No, but I attack people myself.

Inb4 y u do dis

y u do dis

Becos shohan pls
End Zionazism
Aug 20, 2012 4:04 PM
Jul 2012
Nobody knows that I watch anime so I have zero problems.
Aug 20, 2012 4:15 PM

Jun 2012
Mikasa said:
Shuhan said:
Mikasa said:
No, but I attack people myself.

Inb4 y u do dis

y u do dis

Becos shohan pls

Mikasa pls.
Aug 20, 2012 4:16 PM

May 2010
I'm just gonna say, don't tell anyone who likes TTGL or EVA that you don't like it. It's a 100% chance you will be insulted. That's a fact.
Aug 20, 2012 4:23 PM

Nov 2007
I get attacked for liking anime in the first place.. lol...
I think people get attacked most for loving naruto or pokemon.
Aug 20, 2012 4:28 PM

Jan 2012
I'm a heartless person to hate any yandere shows even with very good reasons. I also a douchebag for loving K-On! and Lucky Star.
---
Aug 20, 2012 4:39 PM
Apr 2012
When I told my friend who gave Elfen Lied a 10 that I had dropped it after 3 episodes.
Aug 21, 2012 6:03 PM
Aug 2007
lime93 said:
I'm just gonna say, don't tell anyone who likes TTGL or EVA that you don't like it. It's a 100% chance you will be insulted. That's a fact.

Huh. I must be doing it wrong - cos I love Evangelion, but I can completely understand why someone would not like it.
Aug 21, 2012 6:10 PM

Sep 2010
Gundam AGE and Guilty Crown I like and I did get attacked a few times.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Aug 21, 2012 7:31 PM
Aug 2012
Yes! My friends always get into fights with me because i dont watch what they want me to. Its not like I can help the fact that Im not usually a fan a mainstream anime and cant bring myself to keep watching naruto, bleach etc cuz theyre so frickin long! However, they refuse to see it my way and keep insulting my choices. So not cool...
Aug 21, 2012 7:38 PM

Oct 2010
Hell yeah, from Naruto fans!They are like the black plague!
This world...is rotten
Aug 21, 2012 7:41 PM

Feb 2011
Hyouka, I dislike, U MAD?

Angel Beats > Clannad + AS

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu is crap. I rated the movie an 8 though, why? Because I remember there being barely any Haruhi in it, that's why.

AnoHana's overrated and was a waste of my time.
Aug 21, 2012 7:44 PM

Apr 2012
At it's worst I've only ever been given crap for liking an anime, as far as disliking it works the same way as movies go. I could dislike a movie and a person could be all like what?! How could you not like it? etc etc. The typical stuff overall I've had nice anime friends around me that they could at least respect the shows I like or dislike.
Aug 21, 2012 8:01 PM

Apr 2009
I got bashed in high school for liking Code Geass. The thing is, the people at my school can't just say "they're both good"; evidently you have to choose a side....and that side should be Death Note!
Aug 21, 2012 8:14 PM
Aug 2012
I do attacking.. mainly because people only like Naruto/One Piece/Bleach/Fairy Tale.. I mean, I don't say "You're retarded for liking it" I give them a reason- Why do you like anime that divert from the main story.. the main point.. and things happen that shouldn't just for the sake of adding more episodes.. and why do you like fillers?
My example: Naruto. He wants to be the hokage.. this is about ninjas. Wonderful, great they have a point...Why do we use magic spells now? Summoning giant frogs/snakes? Er.. Wizards=/= ninjas.. Necromancers=/= ninjas.. okay so whatever. Naruto then goes off to do a bunch of things and still hasn't become the hokage? While someone else did less than him and became the hokage? er.. okay, let's just leave that then.. What do you mean he's not dead? Let's add 10-20 episodes explaining why.. and where.. and what to do.. and everything. Kay cool. While that happens.. let's throw in some silly fillers because we can.

Now I respect your choice for watching these on-going anime's.. I have nothing against YOU. I have everything against the anime.

I have not been shut down for liking anime.. because actually, I like all anime, and when someone disagree's with me, I ask them why? then I explain why the anime was good.. and why it was bad.
VERY FEW ANIME HAVE ONLY GOOD SIDES TO IT. there's always a flaw.. and I can point them out even if they are my favorite anime's.

I "shut" people down, by giving them legitimate reasons >_< Not saying stupid things, and if I don't know EVERYTHING about it, please correct me when you think I am wrong, but provide examples!
Aug 21, 2012 9:02 PM

Jul 2012
God forbid you say something against SAO in the sub-forums. kamikaze_1996 WILL attack you.
Aug 21, 2012 11:56 PM

Aug 2012
AlexSadist-sama said:
Yeah, criticized for disliking Clannad. Like I give a damn.

yeah i also dont like clannad, but afterstory is fine
Aug 22, 2012 5:48 AM

Aug 2012
I was "attacked" last year for voicing my intense dislike for Highschool of the Dead on another forum. I had about 8 PMs in my inbox the next day, all from the same person. The contents of the PMs are better left unspoken.

I just don't see why some people have to make a fuss over such a small thing. I know, to them it's like the world is ending if you tell them you don't like something they like but that's what so baffling. We can't all like the same things. If someone absolutely despises something that I like I'm fine with that because it's not like I'll like it any less. If only people could agree to disagree.
Aug 22, 2012 6:03 AM
Jun 2012
jimbob1141 said:
k-on is for brain dead retards

Well, it is. I don't see the problem.
Aug 22, 2012 6:15 AM

Nov 2010
Rayanyan said:
This topic is surprisingly entertaining :P

I was thinking the same thing :D

Especially everything the Pjupp wrote so far. xD
I really believe he or she is just trolling with us to get the Thread going... but even if not, it's a good laugh reading his or her posts :D

ようやく世界は変わるナナリーが望んだ優しい世界が
Aug 22, 2012 7:01 AM

Jun 2012
Deziah said:
jimbob1141 said:

Just because something doesnt even have a plot doesnt make it for retards >.>
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Aug 22, 2012 7:25 AM

Jul 2012
Yeah sadly thats part of being an anime/manga fan especially if like Shonen series.
Aug 22, 2012 7:34 AM

Jul 2011
Yes, just because I said that Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is not epic, I mean is a good show but nothing more, disliked the end and some exaggerations of protagonism.
Aug 22, 2012 7:36 AM

Mar 2011
Yeah I have, mostly though only for liking some mainstream anime and romance genres since I'm a guy I should watch stuff like that, but fuck that I love that romance anime so much, probably my favorite genre :P
Aug 22, 2012 9:19 AM
Aug 2011
Yes. For praising Fairy Tail and Hiro Mashima-Sama
Aug 22, 2012 9:32 AM

Aug 2011
My friend hates my guts for not being interested in Black Butler or any other crappy yaoi show she likes. We watched a few episodes and I didn't like it, so she blew up on me and said I had shit taste because I liked Guilty Crown better. We still talk, we just don't watch anime together anymore.

Other than that I haven't been told anything about what I like/don't like.

Aug 22, 2012 1:45 PM
Apr 2008
Yes, I've been verbally threatened before after critiquing Clannad and Clannad after story.
Aug 22, 2012 1:50 PM

Nov 2011
jimbob1141 said:
Deziah said:
jimbob1141 said:

Just because something doesnt even have a plot doesnt make it for retards >.>

Some people can't understand that.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Aug 22, 2012 1:51 PM

Jun 2009
ihateeveryone said:
God forbid you say something against SAO in the sub-forums. kamikaze_1996 WILL attack you.
He will attack everyone whether they like it or not.

Monster, I just cannot get into it. Everyone claims it is so great. It is so slow...

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Aug 22, 2012 2:15 PM

Mar 2011
Suzune-chan said:
ihateeveryone said:
He will attack everyone whether they like it or not.

Monster, I just cannot get into it. Everyone claims it is so great. It is so slow...

Don't blame you. It's a slow-burning series. That attempts to build up the exposition perfectly for an explosive finale. I like it because of the pacing actually- it's very meticulous in its storytelling. I'm suprised you've been attacked for not getting into this series. From my experience, Monster fans aren't very vocal.
What do you think you're piloting? Great Mazinger? Dangaioh? For Pete's sake, this isn't some robot cartoon whose main character is an autistic kid or some punk. - Kiichi Goto, Mobile Police Patlabor
Aug 22, 2012 3:00 PM

Aug 2012
I personally don't get criticised, but I see others criticizing fans of NGE, Code Geass and anything josei. But these people are just ignorant. Whether somebody personally likes NGE or Code Geass, some things you have to admit they're worth respect even if you don't enjoy them.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Aug 22, 2012 4:14 PM

Jan 2012
If you openly talked how bad School Days was, even with honest ways, Anime_Name will attack you for that.

I also a douchebag for hating Daily Lives of High School Boys.
---
Aug 22, 2012 4:57 PM
Sep 2011
NK_500 said:
If you openly talked how anything, even with honest ways, Anime_Name will attack you for that.

Fixed that for ya.
Aug 22, 2012 4:58 PM

Aug 2012
I get criiticized for liking One Piece because where I live, most people think One Piece is the worst anime ever.
Aug 22, 2012 5:39 PM

Mar 2011
Hmm...for thinking Higurashi was amazing.
Aug 22, 2012 6:07 PM
Jul 2018
I'm surprised I haven't been ever :S
Aug 22, 2012 6:19 PM

Oct 2011
Have I ever been attacked for liking/disliking a certain anime?

Nope & doubt I will anytime soon.
Why?Because you can't call it an attack if you don't get hurt.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Aug 22, 2012 6:20 PM

Jun 2012
Jeddy017 said:

If someone were to punch you in the face but it didnt hurt or they missed it is still an attack.
Aug 22, 2012 6:21 PM

Jun 2009
jimbob1141 said:
Jeddy017 said:

If someone were to punch you in the face but it didnt hurt or they missed it is still an attack.
It is still considered assault. So sure~

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Aug 22, 2012 6:28 PM

Oct 2011
jimbob1141 said:
Jeddy017 said:

Point is:It's their opinion.It shouldn't hurt,they are allowed to speak it & I'm allowed to ignore it.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Aug 22, 2012 6:36 PM
Aug 2011
NK_500 said:
If you openly talked how bad School Days was, even with honest ways, Anime_Name will attack you for that.

I'm not Anime_Name, but I will say that School Days is not bad. How can a anime that makes you feel such hateful/negative feelings, be bad?

*Insert Comedy Anime* made me laugh my ass off.
It must be bad then.
Piece of shit comedy, making me feel such a emotion.
Aug 22, 2012 6:57 PM
May 2012
sometimes i get some "rude" comments for liking hetalia. especially since im a girl..and a teenage one at that. people dont give me a chance to explain that i DONT watch it for characters and yaoi and all that. i think the show is hilarious.
Aug 22, 2012 7:05 PM

Jun 2012
Jeddy017 said:
jimbob1141 said:
Jeddy017 said:

Point is:It's their opinion.It shouldn't hurt,they are allowed to speak it & I'm allowed to ignore it.

I wasnt asking if it hurt or not im asking if its happened xD
Aug 22, 2012 7:26 PM

Jan 2012
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
NK_500 said:

I'm not Anime_Name, but I will say that School Days is not bad. How can a anime that makes you feel such hateful/negative feelings, be bad?

Oh, from someone who rated SD as 10. That's no surprise. I bet the only reason people loves School Days is how Makoto died. Honestly while I too felt he deserved to die like that but at same time I also felt betrayed that I wasted at least 6 hours of my life watching that crap.
---
Aug 22, 2012 7:31 PM

Jun 2010
I got yelled at for saying K-ON was cute and Yui was funny. .__.
Aug 22, 2012 7:33 PM

Jan 2012
If you say K-On was good or at least worth watching in Baka-Raptor, you're an instant douchebag to him and his fans.
---
Aug 22, 2012 7:38 PM

Jul 2012
I've gotten some shit for liking FLCL.
I guess people can't appreciate art.
Aug 22, 2012 7:40 PM
Aug 2012
The popular target seems to be guilty crown and sword art online.
Aug 22, 2012 8:09 PM
Aug 2011
NK_500 said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
NK_500 said:

Oh, from someone who rated SD as 10. That's no surprise. I bet the only reason people loves School Days is how Makoto died. Honestly while I too felt he deserved to die like that but at same time I also felt betrayed that I wasted at least 6 hours of my life watching that crap.

No, on the contrary, it was everything, including the ending.

The show itself, aims to let the audience experience strong negative emotions, which gradually increases over the course of its run, until the it explodes in the final.

I always use the comedy example. "If a comedy makes you laugh, it filled its purpose"

Another example, "if a horror makes you scared, that too filled its purpose"

School Days filled its purpose in a surprisingly good way.
Its nothing short of a masterpiece.
Aug 22, 2012 8:29 PM

Jul 2011
You won't believe the amount of hate I got on posting "I hate naruto" [or bleach or one piece] in their respective websites. =w=
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why do some people watch anime in 1.5x or 2x speed?

Rinrinka - 6 hours ago

25 by TheDarkLordOtaku »»
13 minutes ago

» Do we need more 30 year old waifus?

Catalano - Today

33 by TheDarkLordOtaku »»
19 minutes ago

» According to MAL, what are your anime hidden gems? ( 1 2 3 )

NoelleIsSleepy - May 2

110 by Ade117 »»
20 minutes ago

» How did you get into anime? ( 1 2 3 )

Cudlyyy - Sep 28, 2023

116 by TheDarkLordOtaku »»
20 minutes ago

» What are some anime memes from the late 2000's to early 2010's that you still remeber fondly ?

tchitchouan - Today

9 by TheDarkLordOtaku »»
24 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.