Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 19, 2012 3:29 PM

Apr 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode really reminded me of the trip to the mountain in Heartcatch when they visited Tsubomi's old house. It also reminded me just how much I hate summer. I feel your pain Wolfrun my man, I feel your pain.

A little tired of them having to use princess form every time to win the day, but what can you do?
Aug 19, 2012 4:25 PM
Sep 2011
Acinonyx said:

A little tired of them having to use princess form every time to win the day, but what can you do?

Eh. I always just skip that part.

Anyway, this is one of those episodes that makes me love the genre. That feel good to be alive endearing quality with a dash of comedic gold. The fight was pretty weak, almost non-existant, but the episode itself more than makes up for it.

Especially the bad energy draining part. It's always funny the way the villains interact with the Cures and other characters on non-fight related situations. Somewhat hostile but hilarious. And Wolfrun is not a fox!
Aug 19, 2012 4:51 PM

Oct 2011
Why, in the name of Sanity, there is elephant decor?!
From what I get those are parts of Queen or something like this. Why elephant is part of her?!

Still fight was not the best, as always. But it was at least funny for most of the time. But comedic part is usually well done in Smile.

Fortunatelly Grandma didn't turned out to be former Precure or know anything about it, that is good.
And doesn't have bad energy (something like Hibiki's parents from Suite)
and while searching for VA connections there is also...

that explains a lot about her actions ;)
Dalek-bakaAug 20, 2012 2:07 PM
Aug 19, 2012 6:04 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
RLinksoul said:
Anyway, this is one of those episodes that makes me love the genre. That feel good to be alive endearing quality with a dash of comedic gold. The fight was pretty weak, almost non-existant, but the episode itself more than makes up for it.
Well, the episode was really about something other than the apparently required fight scene.

Dalek-baka said:
Fortunatelly Grandma didn't turned out to be former Precure or know anything about it, that is good.
I don't know - I kind of got the impression she knew the girls were hiding something, her attitude about the "mountain folk" and the kappa was interesting, and her reaction to Wolfurun's Bad End space was as if it was irrelevant. None of that is to imply she might "know" about PreCure, but rather that she might be more in tune with the supernatural.
Aug 19, 2012 6:51 PM

Aug 2010
For some reason I felt more of a cute overload this episode than previous episodes. Something about the facial expressions this episode...

I wonder what the next attack will be because the princess form takes so much time already and looks like the epic final attack.
Aug 19, 2012 8:02 PM

Apr 2008
Cratex said:
I don't know - I kind of got the impression she knew the girls were hiding something, her attitude about the "mountain folk" and the kappa was interesting, and her reaction to Wolfurun's Bad End space was as if it was irrelevant. None of that is to imply she might "know" about Precure, but rather that she might be more in tune with the supernatural.

I had to pause the episode I was laughing so hard at Wolfrun continuing to fail at influencing the grandmother. I always wondered why no one could resist the AOE drain the bad guys do in Precure shows, but Miyuki's grandma just wasn't buying what Wolfy was selling. Terrific.

I was a little dissapointed we didn't get to see more of Candy playing in the garden. That was a missed opportunity to crank up the cuteness dial.
Aug 20, 2012 12:28 AM

Oct 2011
Cratex said:
Well, the episode was really about something other than the apparently required fight scene.

I don't know - I kind of got the impression she knew the girls were hiding something, her attitude about the "mountain folk" and the kappa was interesting, and her reaction to Wolfurun's Bad End space was as if it was irrelevant. None of that is to imply she might "know" about PreCure, but rather that she might be more in tune with the supernatural.
It's not required but, for me, idea of Precure is cute girl in firly colorfull dress, with many adorable hearts on it, going Dragonball on bad guys (I like most first seasons and "direct" approach of Cure Black and White) :3
So this one feels weird - like watching Cardcaptor and thinking, why Sakura can't simply punch/kick this card and than seal it XD

I think that while living there she was just treating things like kappa or talking wolf as something normal - they always were there and that's fine. Candy also fits here, she wasn't calling her doll or anything just assumed that she might want to eat.
So while she doesn't know that her granddaughter is Magical Girl she wouldn't be too surprised by this fact :3
Aug 20, 2012 1:51 PM

Jul 2012
Makes me wonder if living in a different homeland where no city rules apply made the the reason why she can not be on despair, even though Miyuki's grandma had faced hardships like a storm before. But either way I laughed like NUTS when Wolfrun fails to drain the negative energy and add to Pierrot's clock! (Yes even that damn thing is stiff! xD) Also mistaking Wolfrun for a fox... Ppfffttt!!! Ah to cute! (Sorry Wolfie!)

The battle was average, but I was like "OMG NOOOO" when the fire was about to blast the house... Then before you know it.... And trying not to pull any Touhou jokes because I think it's possible now.. *Cough*

So overall. A great episode to spend my oddball afternoon~ Now to hunt those pictures. ;o;

P.S. When someone mentions about Reika being Captain Aria (that Mars-Cat), I died a bit inside. I loved that thing... And now I can just imagine Reika being in that universe... She looks so fitting already. ;o; Or all of the Smile PreCures in fact. I remember watching an episode and now reminded me of the heartwarming feelings from Aria (the anime).

"Everyone go love Cyan!"
Aug 22, 2012 11:15 PM

Jan 2011
Lol, Miyuki's grandma completely humiliated Wolfrun.
Sep 4, 2012 9:10 AM

Apr 2011
Miyuki's grandma is cool.

Such a lighearted and relaxing episode. It would nice to live or have a vacation there.
Oct 7, 2018 9:45 AM

Jul 2015
What a wonderful episode! I laughed so hard when Wolfrun totally failed to get bad energy from Miyuki's grandma, that woman is too pure.

Solid in comedy, and as good emotionally, the youkai offering help to the Precures and saving grandma's house was greatly executed, they are really there offering protection for the appreciation and respect they get from the people living there.

4-9-10 vs Cure Peace, it was time for a tie.
Oct 23, 2018 5:27 PM
Aug 2018
That was the best gag in the series so far.
Nov 22, 2018 1:19 AM

Apr 2014
I can't believe Miyuki's grandmother didn't get affected by the bad end energy spell. I just realized it today that just like Miyuki, Miyuki's grandmother Tae hasn't been affected by the bad end energy spell since they're both too pure and ultra happy!!

Maybe the reason why Miyuki didn't get affected in Episode 01 is she inherited the happiness, purity and joy her grandmother feels.

And I was also laughing so hard after seeing Wolfrun's face when he wasn't able to get her bad end energy at all. :D

Oct 13, 2021 6:56 AM
Dec 2020
Best funny episode yet.
Feb 27, 2022 10:56 AM

Aug 2018
They decided to visit Miyuki's grandma house place, something like that?..
Interesting how Miyuki's grandma told her lots of stories before.. Maybe that's also partially why Miyuki likes fairy tales now herself.. ;P
And Reika just goes and voices these my exact thoughts.. ;P
Grandma doesn't really mind thought of Candy being alive, it seems.. ;P Maybe she's actually used to spirits and stuff.. ;P
Actual elephant decor, lol.. ;P
Apr 20, 2022 12:35 PM

Feb 2020
Very nice and chill episode. I love Japanese folklore.

Poor Wolfrun was humiliated by Miyuki's grandma. xD
Mar 23, 2023 1:29 AM

Apr 2013
I LOVED this episode. I really think it's one of my favorite Precure episodes. I loved the calm setting, the countryside vibe, and the state of mind of Miyuki's grandmother. I was really surprised the timer didn't move ! But what I loved above all was that the legends were true. It really brought warmth to my heart, I can't really explain why. Smile Precure really does hold its name right.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Smile Precure! Episode 23 Discussion

minimiau - Jul 15, 2012

40 by ThorVermillion »»
Apr 19, 6:33 PM

Poll: » Smile Precure! Episode 40 Discussion

Kaengel - Nov 25, 2012

10 by kitaaaa »»
Apr 13, 4:54 AM

Poll: » Smile Precure! Episode 3 Discussion

stevewiess01 - Feb 18, 2012

31 by DylansTrashTaste »»
Mar 4, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Smile Precure! Episode 2 Discussion

stevewiess01 - Feb 11, 2012

29 by DylansTrashTaste »»
Mar 4, 4:54 PM

Poll: » Smile Precure! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

samuraitastic - Feb 4, 2012

57 by DylansTrashTaste »»
Mar 4, 4:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.