Forum Settings
Forums

Why would we want to put Obama back in the White house?

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Aug 20, 2012 2:07 PM

Jun 2012
generally the internet isn't very conservative if you go on forums
~"The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands." (Pirsig)

Aug 21, 2012 9:16 AM

Aug 2012
Won't enter the flame war that must be occuring especially as politics and religions are (IMHO) all about manipulating people's minds.

Anyway, I dunno why would you like Obama again, but hey Bush Jr was re-elected and Schwartzenegger elected in California IIRC so anything is possible.

Especially when you think about WHO finances the political campaigns, usually they are the same people/corporations for each side of the spectrum. Those that made you choose between Plague and Cholera.

Do as you want, but IMO again, it's just all an illusion of democracy, you only elect the one who will be your master for years to go before another puppet is elected again.

Rest assured it's the same in most of occidental so-called democracies... ='(

Narmy said:
XeroCleaths said:
To hell with Obama. At least lets see if Romney can do better, 'cause Obama has proven that he can't.

And that's exactly how it was planned out, to make Obama fail so he doesn't get reelected.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/25/robert-draper-anti-obama-campaign_n_1452899.html

Had to quote this, if everything is planned for Obama to loose, it's because he lost a good chunk of his "supporters", those who assure financial support to fuel the campaign to lobotomize the ignorant masses.

That's why he's planned to loose. Well in the end it won't change much, you saw that he wasn't really any better than Bush Jr for example... The time of real democracies is long lost and past us.

Now I quietly retire from this dangerous thread, don't mind me lol

Cheers ! lol
HyunckelAug 21, 2012 9:21 AM

Aug 21, 2012 11:38 AM

Aug 2012
Hitchens said:
Because the only other choice is Mitt Romney.

and that is one hell of a reason to put obama back in the W.H.
Aug 21, 2012 11:43 AM

Aug 2012
FPSxSubZ3RO said:
Hitchens said:

When picking the lesser of evils, you must remember, you don't have to vote.
Aug 21, 2012 12:17 PM

Jun 2011
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Why do you think they are putting all those voter suppression laws into place?
Aug 21, 2012 4:11 PM

Jul 2012
XeroCleaths said:
FPSxSubZ3RO said:
Hitchens said:

But what's wrong with picking the lesser of the two evil. I think that not voting is a bit ridiculous if your greater evil wins. If you say don't vote then they're is a more likely chance of it winning.
"The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed by small children and large nations." -David Friedman

"Ninety percent of everything is crap." -Theodore Sturgeon
Aug 21, 2012 6:34 PM
Jul 2011
darcwizrd said:
XeroCleaths said:
FPSxSubZ3RO said:
Hitchens said:

But what's wrong with picking the lesser of the two evil. I think that not voting is a bit ridiculous if your greater evil wins. If you say don't vote then they're is a more likely chance of it winning.

It depends on the state that you live in. If you live in red state and vote democrat your vote won't make a difference. The same could be said if you live in a blue state and vote republican. The electoral vote matters while the popular vote doesn't so it doesn't matter if you choose the lesser evil or not (unless you live in a swing state).
Aug 22, 2012 6:46 AM

Jul 2012

Thought this might make sense here
"The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed by small children and large nations." -David Friedman

"Ninety percent of everything is crap." -Theodore Sturgeon
Aug 22, 2012 2:06 PM
Jun 2012
then sizzla can make another song: black man back in the white house xD
Aug 26, 2012 7:07 AM
Aug 2012
i like him. i don't know if he is the best choice but as mentioned above he is the best when seeing the alternatives.
Aug 26, 2012 7:43 AM

Jun 2010
^You seem to have created an account for the sole purpose of resurrecting old threads.
Aug 26, 2012 9:10 AM

Jun 2011
We get to choose between an abortionist and a Mormon. Fuck that.
Aug 26, 2012 10:06 AM
Apr 2012
^You seem to have created an account for the sole purpose of resurrecting old threads.

I don't see how a thread that has been inactive for a mere nine days is "old".

BTT:
I'm not from America so how I see it isn't necessarily what it really is like, but Romney just seems to be an idiot who would, once elected, start invading unstable nations for the sake of own interests while ignoring the UN, much like Bush did.

I hate that America only has two huge parties that try to unite anything from ordinary conservatives to fascists on one side and the entire liberal/leftish spectrum on the other. What's the reason for that anyway?
Aug 26, 2012 10:27 AM

Jul 2011
VikingGe said:

BTT:
I'm not from America so how I see it isn't necessarily what it really is like, but Romney just seems to be an idiot who would, once elected, start invading unstable nations for the sake of own interests while ignoring the UN, much like Bush did.

I hate that America only has two huge parties that try to unite anything from ordinary conservatives to fascists on one side and the entire liberal/leftish spectrum on the other. What's the reason for that anyway?

Because in general America is a right-leaning country, thus you don't really need that many parties to cover the entire spectrum of voters. The Democrats for example are much more right leaning than European leftist parties (The Democrats would be more similar to conservative parties in Europe, but have some differences). Another reason, is the way America's election process works. This makes it extremely difficult for 3rd or 4th parties to emerge or gain recognition.

Please note, the Republican party does not try to get "fascists" to vote for them.
Shameless self-promotion: http://www.pernerple.com/
Slyr3do0n said:
MAL is the dark underbelly of the anime community. While other naive fanboys and fangirls run around in real life forming clubs and squealing in deafening high pitch noises about their favourite animus, we remain here, meticulously dismantling the credibility of each and every show, until all that remains is a steaming pile of tropes and ass pulls which we then devour to gratiyfy our glutinous and masochistic desires.
Aug 26, 2012 10:31 AM

Jun 2010
VikingGe said:

I wasn't just referring to this thread, but about a dozen more on GD. All of his/her posts comprise of leaving one line comments on old threads.
Aug 26, 2012 10:35 AM

Jun 2009
America's political system is pretty abysmal and creates too much of a 'Them vs Us' mentality. Too many people vote on the basis of what they consider themselves, rather than something that freakin' matters like you know, what the person they're voting for has to offer.

You see this kind of idiocy all over the internet (or even on TV) with a bunch of kids (or man children) throwing "conservative" or "liberal" around as insults. Completely ignorant of shit that actually matters.
TrapaliciousAug 26, 2012 10:40 AM
Aug 26, 2012 10:41 AM

Jul 2011
Trapalicious said:
America's political system is pretty abysmal and creates too much of a 'Them vs Us' mentality. Too many people vote on the basis of what they consider themselves, rather than something that freakin' matters like you know, what the person they're voting for has to offer.

You see this kind of idiocy all over the internet (or even on TV) with a bunch of kids (or man children) throwing "conservative" or "liberal" around as insults. Completely ignorant of shit that actually matters.

This is extremely normal in two party systems.
Shameless self-promotion: http://www.pernerple.com/
Slyr3do0n said:
MAL is the dark underbelly of the anime community. While other naive fanboys and fangirls run around in real life forming clubs and squealing in deafening high pitch noises about their favourite animus, we remain here, meticulously dismantling the credibility of each and every show, until all that remains is a steaming pile of tropes and ass pulls which we then devour to gratiyfy our glutinous and masochistic desires.
Aug 26, 2012 10:42 AM

Jun 2012
jrgcool35 said:
Trapalicious said:

and also why everyone hates two party systems
~"The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands." (Pirsig)

Aug 26, 2012 10:46 AM

Jun 2009
jrgcool35 said:

And that's why it's shit. Nothing will ever get done with the mindset that having two major parties creates.
Aug 26, 2012 11:01 AM
Apr 2012
America's political system is pretty abysmal and creates too much of a 'Them vs Us' mentality.

You don't even need America's system for that. That seems to be a general problem of modern democracies. For instance, over here in Germany, when the governing parties have a dispute, you immediately get to read of a "crisis"; the oppisition usually is little co-operative; and even when two people are running for the same function within a political party, it's not an election but a "Kampfkandidatur". People just seem to dislike many attributes of a properly working pluralistic democratic system.
Aug 26, 2012 11:59 AM

Jun 2012
Multiple party system also have flaw, that can lead to really awful and dangerous situations.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_presidential_election,_2002
(far-right party reach the 2nd place)

Not saying one is better than the other however. And won't comment on other country politics/government.
HapaxAug 28, 2012 1:09 AM

I sometime have funky grammar, sorry about that. If you can correct some of my post, you would be an angel.
Aug 26, 2012 12:17 PM

Jun 2012
Personally I don't want either.
Aug 26, 2012 12:57 PM

Apr 2007
Hitchens said:

Is it not allowed to revive old threads?
Aug 26, 2012 2:42 PM

Jun 2012
Kuradachi said:
Hitchens said:

Good question so is it? anyone?
Aug 27, 2012 5:30 PM

Jun 2012
Hyunckel said:
LuckyStrike-Rx said:
Multiple party system also have flaw, that can lead to really awful and dangerous situations.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_presidential_election,_2002
("almost" Neo-Nazi party reach the 2nd place)

Not saying one is better than the other however. And won't comment on other country politics/government.

WTF did I just read. Congrats on being lobotomized by the media !
That party isn't a "neo nazi" LMAO. It's a party that points the finger on the political choices made by successive parties/presidents of France since early 70's. Mainly the problem issued since they decided it was a good choice to force on the country hundreds of thousands arabic immigrants.

This is a major issue right now, and can't be described with a two-liner. Even two third of the country is maintained ignorant on the subject (and others).

Please do some researches before citing Wikipedia next time.

Edit: Oh the irony, fellow countryman. I pity you. Search for Crif and Licra and you'll learn how and why the FN came to be. ><' Jeez.

This party was still anti-Semitic and historical revisionist in 2002.

I know this party from it beginning with Ordre Nouveau and Poujadisme and all those populist BS quite enough. I'm also aware of this Jew and Freemasonry conspiracy theory.

Now if you want to talk French politic send PM, or create a dedicated thread. I'm rather understanding for other people opinion... Let's not hijack this US thread more than needed. Could be actually interesting to point this growing ideology in Europe.
(I concede, I started the mess)

Edited the post if what seems oblivious to me was offending.
HapaxAug 28, 2012 1:20 AM

I sometime have funky grammar, sorry about that. If you can correct some of my post, you would be an angel.
Oct 12, 2012 10:22 PM

Aug 2012
Chamry said:
Kuradachi said:
Hitchens said:

Resurrecting old threads is forbidden.

I'm voting for Gary Johnson, but I won't be disappointed if Obama wins. If Romney wins... well... It just now occurred to me that I haven't stocked up on canned foods and bottled water. I'll make sure to do that before the election rolls around.
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Oct 12, 2012 10:29 PM

Nov 2010
Goryo said:

That was fun.
Oct 13, 2012 12:40 AM

Apr 2007
Goryo said:
Chamry said:
Kuradachi said:
Hitchens said:

Resurrecting old threads is forbidden.

I'm voting for Gary Johnson, but I won't be disappointed if Obama wins. If Romney wins... well... It just now occurred to me that I haven't stocked up on canned foods and bottled water. I'll make sure to do that before the election rolls around.

Not in the rules so WRONG
Oct 13, 2012 12:56 AM

Jun 2007
Why Obama? Because I don't want a pair of fundamentalist objectivist reactionaries to take control and institute their vision of America where only hedge fund managers, CEOs and lobbyists deserve to make a decent living, and everyone else scrapes by on starvation/slavery wages (and then proceed to have those wages stolen from them because worker protection laws hurt [China's] "job creators'" feelings). The Republicans dispute the concept of America being divided between the haves and have-nots, but their ideal is not the "haves and have-mores" as George HW Bush put it, nor the "haves and soon-to-haves" as Romney claimed; it's a Gilded Age society of the "have-everythings" and the "please-sir-can-I-have-some-mores."
Oct 13, 2012 1:10 AM

Sep 2012
Nice job, spoiler guy.
Sigh... I wonder how America is going to be 5-10 years from now..
Oct 13, 2012 1:18 AM

Nov 2010
Obama's programs have been backed by spending enormous amounts of money (that we dont have).

Consequently when he goes off on that rampant spending, the USD currency will go to hell as will everything else- the US dollar isnt worth anything, and by funding his pet projects with it like he has, the economy will go into hyper inflation eventually. That means we may look like pro-WWI germany.

Essentially all his miracle working is built on the clouds of non existent money, which the government is likely to never compensate for. That doesn't place into consideration China and Japan calling back asking for their money back.

A financial bombshell like him should never be reelected.
Oct 13, 2012 1:44 AM

Sep 2012
Just look at our other option. Obama is not the best choice but he a lot better than romney. All he is is a flip flopping corporate millionaire. You can tell who he is gonna focus on helping out, all the companies and corporations and billionaires that funded his campaign.
"All I wanna do is walk my own path, I wanna find my own way!" - Kisara Nanjo
Oct 13, 2012 2:33 AM

Sep 2011
ForcereconFR13 said:
Obama's programs have been backed by spending enormous amounts of money (that we dont have).

Consequently when he goes off on that rampant spending, the USD currency will go to hell as will everything else- the US dollar isnt worth anything, and by funding his pet projects with it like he has, the economy will go into hyper inflation eventually. That means we may look like pro-WWI germany.

Essentially all his miracle working is built on the clouds of non existent money, which the government is likely to never compensate for. That doesn't place into consideration China and Japan calling back asking for their money back.

Idk, I feel like it sucks either way we go.

But for creating jobs, a major platform for this election, isn't a weak dollar better than a strong one? Not that it justifies unnecessary spending, I'm just curious?
Oct 13, 2012 2:34 AM

Jun 2008
Because even your dog will be better in the white house than the other guy?
Oct 13, 2012 8:16 AM

Jun 2011
ForcereconFR13 said:

Those two wars and tax cuts we couldn't pay for are the reason for the recession. You're buying into a myth.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/obama-spending-binge-never-happened-2012-05-22?pagenumber=1
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2012/may/23/facebook-posts/viral-facebook-post-says-barack-obama-has-lowest-s/
http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/adding-to-the-deficit-bush-vs-obama/2012/01/31/gIQAQ0kFgQ_graphic.html
Oct 13, 2012 8:41 AM

Mar 2011
Because the opposition lies and changes the subject and has no interest in an honest contest. Policies aside, I would hate to have someone who had such a poor attitude to the electorate, thinking that any tactic is A-OK if it leads them to victory.

To give an example where instead of lying he simply phrased what he said in a misleading way, in the presidential debate when Obama said how Romney wanted to have 7 billion of tax cuts, Romney refuted this saying something along the lines of "We don't intend to make cuts that will lessen the money inflow to the government", which he used to deny what Obama was saying as if what Obama was saying was false. However it was essentially true, and he was simply saying how he figured that the cuts would mean people would spend more and thus they would not make a loss.

There are plenty more instances of things like this, like taking credit for things you were in no way responsible for. Obama is not completely innocent of this, but he is far better than Romney in that respect.
Oct 13, 2012 10:29 AM

Sep 2011
Because he is the lesser of two evils. Also he is not Mitt Romney
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Oct 13, 2012 1:44 PM

Apr 2011
PuppyFucker said:

I've read all your posts in the voice of Carlton Banks.

That is all.
Oct 13, 2012 1:48 PM

Feb 2012
PuppyFucker said:
This.

TBH though, I was hoping Ron Paul would get the nomination but alas..
Oct 13, 2012 2:00 PM

Sep 2012
Lets somehow make Bill Clinton president again even though it's extremely highly unlikely?
Oct 13, 2012 2:03 PM

Nov 2011
XeroCleaths said:
Edefrem said:
Narmy said:
Hitchens said:

Pretty much.

All I had to say.

Yes, because he's going to make the rich richer?

Ignorance.

51% of americans don't pay taxes. Do you know what class doesn't pay taxes? The lower class, the one that bitches about being taxed. You have to make over 20k a year to get taxed, and you'll never make that at a minimum wage job.

My sister pays 35k a year in taxes, and thanks to Obama, it's going into immigrants and people who don't feel like working because Obama made a law that instead of receiving unemployment benefits for 6 months, it's now 2 years.

Did you know you can get a job for a few months, then get cut off because they just didn't need anymore employs. You can even ask your supervisor to fire you because they're doing cut backs and you're a lazy shit. And you'll get payed for the next 2 years to sit on your ass?

I agree with this post.

I believe that everyone should pay taxes regardless of how much income they make. Of course the taxes should be a % of your pay so the rich will obviously have to pay more blah blah blah. The U.S would be a lot better off if everyone paid taxes, that way the government would have a lot more money and the chances of them spending it on stuff that would actually benefit the country would higher(even though the government makes very iffy decisions a lot of the time).

I don't like either of them and therefore, I won't be voting this year because it is basically turd sandwich vs. Giant Douche. But I can't believe how many people insist on voting for Obama after the horrible job he has done. I know Mitt Romney probably won't do a good job, but at least its a chance that he won't do as bad(obviously, we will have to see Mitt Romney win to actually see).

The liberal media will always bash on Romney so if you watch liberal media, you will probably come to the conclusion that Romney sucks and even though Obama sucks, Romney sucks more. If you watch the republican media, you will think the opposite.

I don't see how you guys can be so sure Romney will ruin the country. It's very rare for presidents to keep their promises on what they will actually do to the country =X. I kind of want Romney to win just so we can see what will change in the country because Obama isn't bringing us anywhere. It's worth the risk.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Oct 13, 2012 2:23 PM

Dec 2009
Immigrants are divided into legal and illegal. Legal ones have to pay taxes, and many need to start with low pay jobs no matter how high are they educated. So please be specific. And even for those who receive jobless insurance, they have to pay tax out of that insurance. What make you think someone don't have to pay tax?

One reason that I heard people are spending more time to seek job is the difference in salary. Starting off, their jobs is not secure as the market is weak. If they accept a job of 50% salary, their new insurance will also be cut like that. The insurance amount is based on a percentage of how much their previous job was paid.
bottleOct 13, 2012 2:27 PM
Oct 13, 2012 2:37 PM

Jun 2011
DarkShards said:
I believe that everyone should pay taxes regardless of how much income they make.

They do.

DarkShards said:
The liberal media will always bash on Romney so if you watch liberal media, you will probably come to the conclusion that Romney sucks and even though Obama sucks, Romney sucks more. If you watch the republican media, you will think the opposite.

Yeah, that librul media was so hard on Romney after the first debate, right? By saying he won and all.

If you watch "republican media" (I'm guessing you mean Fox News?) then you're living in an alternate reality devoid of facts.
Oct 13, 2012 3:37 PM

Nov 2011
Narmy said:
DarkShards said:
I believe that everyone should pay taxes regardless of how much income they make.

They do.

DarkShards said:

Yeah, that librul media was so hard on Romney after the first debate, right? By saying he won and all.

If you watch "republican media" (I'm guessing you mean Fox News?) then you're living in an alternate reality devoid of facts.

By taxes, I mean the same percentage. I don't watch fox is that is what you mean, I get most of my views from various articles =P. What I am saying is that the fact that so many people are still voting for Obama after the presidency he put on is already proof that the media has done its job. I am not supporting Romney, but this is just a fact.

I dislike Romney because what his views are contradictory. He will say whatever the populous wants to hear just get votes. This is the main reason he won the debate other than the fact that Obama didn't perform. This means that it is hard to pinpoint what his views actually are and what his plan actually is. This makes him a very untrustworthy candidate in my opinion.

Another point I tried to make is that we don't know how terrible Romney will do compared to Obama. It is foolish to assume that Obama would do a better job after what he has already done.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Oct 13, 2012 3:51 PM

Jun 2011
DarkShards said:
By taxes, I mean the same percentage.

Once again, they do. If you think the middle and lower class pay a pittance in taxes then you should do more research.

DarkShards said:
I don't watch fox is that is what you mean, I get most of my views from various articles =P. What I am saying is that the fact that so many people are still voting for Obama after the presidency he put on is already proof that the media has done its job. I am not supporting Romney, but this is just a fact.

What's a fact? That people are voting for Obama, or that the media has somehow tricked people into voting for him? I'm not sure what facts you are talking about here.

DarkShards said:
Another point I tried to make is that we don't know how terrible Romney will do compared to Obama. It is foolish to assume that Obama would do a better job after what he has already done.

We don't know how Romney will do because he's kept it all a secret. Of what we do know, it's just the same terrible policies that caused the financial meltdown in the Bush years: tax cuts, deregulation, and wars.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.