Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2012 1:04 AM

May 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The music playing while they were trying to get the body out of the Simoun really ruined the supposed dramatic moment. It sounded like something that would play during some wacky shenanigans.
Apr 2, 2013 9:47 AM

Jan 2008
MagEarwhig said:
The music playing while they were trying to get the body out of the Simoun really ruined the supposed dramatic moment. It sounded like something that would play during some wacky shenanigans.

I agree partly, and partly not. While I personally would have chosen a different tune, I also think that the music provided a somewhat abstract look at the situation and the almost gruesome (but necessary) actions taken by Aaeru.
"Truth is always a delusion." - Friedrich Dürrenmatt
Dec 18, 2013 10:29 PM

Jan 2009
it's nice to be able to see what the enemy is thinking during that campfire scene. listening to the enemy made me think that Aaeru would "try" and communicate with him and try to come up with a solution...but i like the way it actually went in the episode. at least it wasn't the cliche version of what i was thinking.

lol @ the music choice that was played during that "hand cutting" scene. i love that song but didn't seem to fit with what Aaeru did. and lol @ Rimone's face when she saw the blood everywhere on the cockpit.
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Jun 23, 2014 12:33 AM

Apr 2012
this series has a nice soundtrack

I like Aaeru's gritty determination; cutting off that hand and all.

Jul 12, 2015 3:11 PM

Feb 2010
billybob300c said:

and lol @ Rimone's face when she saw the blood everywhere on the cockpit.

They have to kiss that bloody thing... nice
May 23, 2016 2:35 PM

Feb 2014
Aaeru is really itching to go into battle. She's a bad iinfluence...look at the mess she got herself and Limone in!

My goodness, having to cut his hands off to get him out of the cockpit...goodness gracious...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2016 7:12 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
There was quite alot going on this one.
That girl trying to tease Aaeru to kiss her, really liking Aeeru character so far.
Feb 14, 2021 8:14 AM

Feb 2012
Now that a rival nation has been introduced as well as some ambitions and inner conflicts of the characters, the tension is rising gradually.

The music in the hand cutting scene is probably supposed to create an unsettling mood. Piazzolla's music had become globally a lot more popular with the release of 12 Monkeys back in 1995, and its use in the movie created the association that a tango, such as the suite used in the movie, very similar to what is heard here, is somewhat eerie. Nowadays people would associate the style with something very different, I imagine. People who've seen the movie probably get what I mean, but the connection isn't automatically made now that Piazzolla has been used in many other contexts in western cinema and tv series.
Feb 4, 6:31 PM

Sep 2020
Nobody else catch Aer's different eye colors when she was telling Rimone to go away while she cut the hands? Or was that simply blood in her eye? I hope not and want to believe it'll be some hidden power thing later on.
"You can't decide the future, but I'm going to re-educate you in the past!" - Erna Kurtz

More topics from this board

Poll: » Simoun Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kotori - Apr 6, 2008

75 by teaknight »»
Mar 1, 11:52 AM

Poll: » Simoun Episode 10 Discussion

gohdan - Sep 22, 2011

10 by SlammyHammy »»
Feb 4, 7:20 PM

Poll: » Simoun Episode 8 Discussion

gohdan - Sep 8, 2011

13 by SlammyHammy »»
Feb 4, 7:16 PM

Poll: » Simoun Episode 2 Discussion

Ksanclaire122 - Aug 8, 2013

5 by SlammyHammy »»
Feb 4, 6:24 PM

Poll: » Simoun Episode 1 Discussion

Kira01 - Dec 11, 2009

14 by SlammyHammy »»
Feb 4, 6:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.