3It was OK
13.8%
2Disliked it
2.9%
1Hated it
2.9%
Average 4.3
174 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 29, 2012 9:16 AM

Jul 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Weird object at the beginning. An electric festival? Hmm.

So it looks like the fairies will be killed if they come in contact with a large amount of electro-magnetic waves, which'll mean devastation for humanity.

This is pretty much my expression after Watashi finished reading that book the fairies gave her.

Yay, a character with a real name! Or so she thinks.. Likin' the cat ears. Too bad I couldn't get them in that shot.

Poor Watashi, always feels like she's getting stranded somewhere.

So the Fairy turned himself into a goodluck charm and Watashi's tea turned into a Fairy? I approve.

Okay, these things freak me out.

Another really interesting episode ending on a pretty nice cliffhanger. Looking forward to next week's episode, mostly to find out what those blobs are. They give me the creeps.

Edit: Looks like some new pictures of Watashi were added to the database as well, just thought I'd point that out.
ihateeveryoneJul 29, 2012 9:23 AM
Jul 29, 2012 9:21 AM

Nov 2007
Something fall, so UNESCO guys got introduced. And with festival. A girl with cat ears, with memory loss, is also introduced.

Fairies escaping because something's coming...

Excavation to a dome with elevator and Watashi got shocked. She and assistant got lost with various difficulties including communication. Wow, a fairy was pretended to be a protective charm.

The girl with cat ears are so cool, she came to the rescue and fought the robot dog. She's voiced by Nana Mizuki, it seems.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 29, 2012 9:23 AM

Aug 2010
So the fairies are essentially a good luck charm for humans.
Jul 29, 2012 10:09 AM

Nov 2008
Those fairies are something, they bring good luck, can pop out of tea if not anything and assume any form and pop in and out of suspended animation. It's surprising that they have a weakness to electricity though. The slime was creepy, agressive, and are acid based as they can dissolve metal and are in all sorts of colors. Fione saved Watashi from that guard dog for a nice end to the episode, she has to be the coolest character in the series.

Jul 29, 2012 10:14 AM

Apr 2012
So, I was wondering, this episode is set prior to the previous manga "arc" right? Because here that director guy said that the Human Monument Project was just getting off the ground and Watashi seemed to have no knowledge of it; whereas in the previous episodes Watashi was the one who explained the Human Monument Project in her narration and Y made a comment that it had been going for a while. Also, since Watashi's hair no longer appears to be sentient, are we moving further back in time with each new story?
Jul 29, 2012 10:25 AM

Sep 2010
JohnGalt89 said:
So, I was wondering, this episode is set prior to the previous manga "arc" right? Because here that director guy said that the Human Monument Project was just getting off the ground and Watashi seemed to have no knowledge of it; whereas in the previous episodes Watashi was the one who explained the Human Monument Project in her narration and Y made a comment that it had been going for a while. Also, since Watashi's hair no longer appears to be sentient, are we moving further back in time with each new story?

Yes. This arc is before Factory and Manga arcs.
2e16nig.png
Jul 29, 2012 10:39 AM

Jul 2010
''The robot doggie wants to play with humans? (」・ワ・)」''
Jul 29, 2012 11:12 AM

Jul 2010
Ahh, great episode again! I just love this show <3 And that ED is perrrfect, I tell you. Gives me shivers of joy every time I hear it :D
Jul 29, 2012 11:15 AM

Sep 2011
Another great episode. Best moemnt: "helpu me desu".
Jul 29, 2012 12:36 PM

Jul 2010
This show is very very amusing. That book from the fairies was full of Lul's.
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Jul 29, 2012 12:38 PM
Aug 2011
Ksa said:
JohnGalt89 said:

I felt something was off, I also didn't pay much attention to that old guy when he was talking.

Now, this was that great of an episode, BUT, Pion, nekomimi robot FTW.

4/5
Jul 29, 2012 12:45 PM

Aug 2010
Another excellent episode.
I loved when they explained what happens when there's only 5 fairies and all that.
I'm loving this.
Jul 29, 2012 1:27 PM

Aug 2009
I like this show, and still... I don't know why. the kind of personality she has is quite rare to see in an Anime.
Jul 29, 2012 1:34 PM

May 2011
Damn, the fairies do now how to cast prediction there.
Jul 29, 2012 2:24 PM

Sep 2011
Pion is a robot? Fairies, NO! ditching her. The electricity probably has something to do with those alien blobs, probably when they see electronic devices they start feeding on them. Which is why the Fairies were scared.
Jul 29, 2012 3:40 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
I can tell the Assistant never met a button he didn't want to push.

I'm going to see if I can write the support documentation for the projects I work on in the same style the Fairies use.
Jul 29, 2012 3:41 PM

May 2010
0f
You fall from the 20th floor of a skyscraper-Pancake
You take a bullet at Point-black rage-you die
You face your rival in a final showdown-you lose

Seeing that face-Priceless
Jul 29, 2012 4:28 PM
Oct 2010
Ksa said:
JohnGalt89 said:

Seems so since Watashi didn't know about the Human Monument Project nor did she recognize the director that was the manager of the factory.

I have to admit that I didn't really pick up any social satire or theme in this episode but there were probably some that I didn't get.
Jul 29, 2012 4:29 PM

Dec 2011
Watashi's english. Help me! Nice.
I have a feeling Pion is the monolith.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 29, 2012 4:37 PM

Jul 2010
Another great episode!
Jul 29, 2012 4:59 PM

Oct 2010
Is it just me or the new cat girl has no panties on her?

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 29, 2012 5:01 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Fiji said:
I'm thinking the same thing.
Jul 29, 2012 6:36 PM

Aug 2009
Cratex said:
Fiji said:
I'm thinking the same thing.

Yes, that is very likely.

I love how fairies are totally oblivious of danger, at least danger to humans. Their childlike reactions and comments always crack me up. 'Doggie wants to play with humans?' xD Couple that with the creepy perma-smile and I'm sold.
Jul 29, 2012 7:37 PM
Jul 2012
So the Neko are Robots.

what confuse me is

i haven't seen yet the relation between Watashi action in Black maze lab Building. and the fairies warning book message.

can someone enlighten me? did i misss something here.....

or maybe the messages actually start to happened i nthe enxt episode?
Jul 29, 2012 8:02 PM

Sep 2010
Mmm, is dat sum Nana Mizuki?
Jul 29, 2012 9:16 PM
Feb 2012
AngelicFeces said:
Mmm, is dat sum Nana Mizuki?

Mizuki Nana was Pion.
[FelineYogi]
Jul 29, 2012 9:57 PM

Feb 2012
Another great ep. Attack of the slimes! This anime never ceases to amuse me ;D

One of the most underrated of the season.
Jul 29, 2012 10:32 PM
Jun 2008
this week ep

another day fairies being object using here food then black slate drop.
main's grandpa see it just nothing so mention explore & festival time.
main see fairy trying to mention but ignore then cue fairy leave.
cause fairy afraid of EM waves so here book & ring for luck.
main read book the fairies give from safe to yikes if see a fairy.
cause reach 0 fairy get pancake, shot down, & lose.
festival time with all the lights with main meet cat girl named pion.
who had bit memory lost & search for someone.
next day explore main & assistant get lost in elevator ride.
enter area with little supply oh ring drop on tea cue it a fairy.
so with fairy they search then see slime creatures & run.
enter medical room see stuff mention with no EM waves.
another slime then slate it but robo-dog yikes.
oh here pino to the rescue.

to be continued...
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Jul 30, 2012 2:46 AM

Jan 2011
Nice episode, I think Pion has something to do with the monolith stuff found at the beginning and in that building. I guess she's a robot of some sort.
Yumekichi11 said:
Is it just me or the new cat girl has no panties on her?

I laughed because it's you who notices things like that in every forum post. x)
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jul 30, 2012 3:10 AM

Feb 2012
Robot girls are great and what the hell is happening in that structure, did the humans turn into those things?
Jul 30, 2012 3:27 AM

Oct 2011
I love this show for its bizarre randomness. Gotta love watashi and the fairies!! YOUSEISAN WHY YOU SO CUTE
Jul 30, 2012 5:43 AM
Jun 2008
1f really make a different between life and death here.

I remember there is a scene where the MC vomit and angrily scold her assistance for drinking too much water around this episode .I think they cut that part lol. TBh, the city adventure in the LN seems to felt more dangerous compare to Anime. Well, I am too lazy to check every changes from it anyway...

The fairies sometimes creep me out >.<
Jul 30, 2012 5:57 AM

May 2008
Wut this show definitely has the weirdest characters of the whole season.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jul 30, 2012 7:16 AM

Aug 2010
I think this was the weakest episode so far, Watashi is best in tandem with someone who can be the subject of her witty remarks, but she spent a lot of time alone. Not to mention she seemed a little less aloof than usual (though since these events take place before the previous episodes, I guess it could make sense). I like Pion so far. Oyage - Voyager? 3/5.

Edit: Oh wait a second...Voyager and Pioneer? Ah...
Mogami-kunJul 30, 2012 7:23 AM
Jul 30, 2012 11:25 AM

Feb 2010
SO deliciously random.....but with purpose.... xD
Jul 30, 2012 6:00 PM

Jul 2009
Awesome as always!
Jul 31, 2012 12:45 AM
Nov 2008
that monolith totally reminds me of 2011: a space odyssey.

im liking this more and more XD
Jul 31, 2012 3:34 AM

May 2010
That was slimy water!!
Jul 31, 2012 4:20 AM

Nov 2011
Nice to see this show getting better and better

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jul 31, 2012 6:22 AM

May 2011
I thought the grossly alive slimy stuff was what soda has become. Considering the chickens and possibility of sentient sardines later anything seems possible. Melts your hands but not your mouth?!

I'm very curious about Pion. Like, is she mechanical in someway and is that why she seemed more vivid by the end? Or is it just because it helped her remember a certain something seeing that happen. I do like the thought that others have about her being thmonolithth though, perfect.

iLostReason said:
''The robot doggie wants to play with humans? (」・ワ・)」''

I was hoping they would have a robodog running around. But that's the dog lover in me. xD
Hydnlife said:
0f
You fall from the 20th floor of a skyscraper-Pancake
You take a bullet at Point-black rage-you die
You face your rival in a final showdown-you lose

Seeing that face-Priceless

I laughed especially hard when they said the pancake result.
gregthemaniac said:
I have to admit that I didn't really pick up any social satire or theme in this episode but there were probably some that I didn't get.

Maybe a small part of it so far is talking about wastefulness. When everyone is so happy to squander their electricity on a festival while normally they just barely squeak by with the power they have.
fiore777Jul 31, 2012 6:37 AM
Jul 31, 2012 3:39 PM

Mar 2012
I don't get it, there are EM when there is a computer and the fairy didn't die
Jul 31, 2012 3:52 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
xxanimeee said:
I don't get it, there are EM when there is a computer and the fairy didn't die

Actually, there are EM permeating EVERYTHING. Light, of all the spectrum, is electromagnetic. Your body puts out an EM field.

The difference is wavelength and intensity, along with any shielding being done. As a normal course we all get x-rays from natural sources (like the sun), for instance, but the dosage is so low (due to shielding from the atmosphere) that it doesn't cause measurable damage. Obviously you'd not want to be inside a Microwave oven, but the shielding mostly protects anything outside of it (though it is still a bad idea to stare through the front window). I'm assuming the Fairies were reacting to the frequency and intensity of the energy being broadcasted to that location from the satellite the UN functionary was referring to, since obviously it was strong enough to energize a whole pile of electronic doodads. It may not be all that good for the humans, either.
Jul 31, 2012 5:12 PM

Jul 2012
The fairies are weak to high levels of EM and bring humans good luck? The social commentary continues!
Aug 1, 2012 4:42 AM

Apr 2009
So they have wireless power transmission from space before mankind has declined? And they're redirecting that power now only for the cultural festival of electricity! o_O Hmm thinking about it, maybe a cultural festival about electricity without electricity would be such a bummer. LOL

Her radio has mobile phone service provider's system prompts! Or maybe it was just recorded and programmed response for no signal reception. Maybe it's really a mobile phone made to look like radio, or a radio with our current generation cellphone features and capabilities!

Was that black slimy thing, Pion or perhaps the tablet monolith? Maybe Pion is a robot or a cyborg.

Maybe I'm thinking too much!!! LOL
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 1, 2012 2:19 PM

Jul 2011
Another top episode the anime really does an excellent job at exploring the unknown. The fairies are getting creepier by each passing episode. When that one fairy called out to Watashi and she decided not to stop and chat i thought that fairy was going to do something very sinister with the way he kept on watching her smiling.

Once again an interesting new character in the humanoid cat girl and i wonder how many scenarios featured in that fairy rule book will come to past.
ImagineThatAug 1, 2012 2:36 PM
Aug 1, 2012 8:45 PM

Mar 2009
I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT'S GOING ON IN THIS SHOW, but it sure is entertaining.
Aug 1, 2012 9:41 PM

May 2010
I miss Y :(
Real Hell is inside a person-Ai Enma (Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae)
Do you know where hell is? Inside your head-Chrona (Soul Eater)

Aug 3, 2012 1:00 AM

Aug 2011
"HELPU ME DESU"
Shes on my favorite list now. Period.
Seriously, Watashi is the best thing that ever happened to anime.
Aug 4, 2012 2:06 PM

Apr 2007
Those fairies are post-human uploads or my name ain't Alexeon. I want to know more about what happened in the past in that setting.
Blergh.
Aug 6, 2012 10:44 PM
May 2011
gregthemaniac said:
I didn't either, which was a bit disappointing since it's been done so well so far, in my opinion.

I personally thought this may have been the worst episode yet, though with how much I'm liking this show, that's not a complete insult - it was still generally entertaining.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Aug 26, 2012

119 by ManuelFragment »»
Apr 23, 8:23 PM

Poll: » Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

prismheart - Jul 22, 2012

124 by Safrichh »»
Mar 2, 7:54 PM

Poll: » Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Aug 19, 2012

144 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 1, 4:54 PM

Poll: » Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

prismheart - Aug 12, 2012

132 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 1, 4:04 PM

Poll: » Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

prismheart - Aug 5, 2012

126 by kirA_-_ »»
Feb 29, 3:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.