Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 31, 2012 12:44 AM

Oct 2011
Neji said:
I thought the episode was ok too slow though and that's why I will catch up with the manga. Can someone tell me what chapter is around this episode?

This episode covered chapter 636.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Jul 31, 2012 1:05 AM
Nov 2007
Jeddy017 said:
Neji said:
I thought the episode was ok too slow though and that's why I will catch up with the manga. Can someone tell me what chapter is around this episode?

This episode covered chapter 636.

Thank you for a quick reply.
Jul 31, 2012 2:54 AM

Feb 2009
I didnt like the transformer moment, but for me the best part was when Zoro and Sanji stopped those giang goons, just before Luffy's epic kick. That was a great scene in a rather poor episode.
Jul 31, 2012 3:52 AM

Jul 2012
Good episode...but the anime is still moving slow
Jul 31, 2012 6:07 PM

Jan 2012
Franky' iron pirate was just retarded, when did this show become power rangers.

The rest of the episode was alright nothing special.
Jul 31, 2012 7:51 PM

Jun 2010
3 Times Pandaman?! 3 Times?! It's the end of the WORLD!!!

edit: 4 4 4 4 4 4 4

KisnaffyJul 31, 2012 8:12 PM
Aug 2, 2012 1:09 AM

May 2011
Ghost-Edge said:
surabhi147 said:
I agree. I haven't appreciated any of the One Piece fillers so far, except maybe the extra bits they added to the Davy Back Fight (before Water 7), so I'd rather they go at this pace.

It's time they started incorporating fillers instead of boring long drawn out episodes where nothing happens. Atleast you can skip filler episodes if you want to.

When you have bad inconsistent animation, long drawn out (snore-fest) unnecessary content and I don't know if this was actually canon but when a character nearly dies from a nosebleed because he was too aroused then something is seriously wrong. Take away these factors and One Piece would be amazing but as it stands it is pretty poor.

One Piece anime needs to be rebooted to be considered a great anime.

What you said about skipping filler episodes is true but I'm pretty selfish - I'd rather get my One Piece fix twice a week. (i.e. manga + anime) ^^

I actually agree with most of what you said - OP does not have the best animation and it does draw out a lot of content (and, yes, Sanji's nosebleed incident is actually canon) - but I personally enjoy a bit of pointless character interaction which only needlessly prolongs the episode. I am a manga fan through and through and only last year or so I got into the anime so I tend not to take the anime too seriously. :D

As great as it would be to watch Arlong arc and Alabasta arc in HD, I doubt they'd reboot it anytime soon. But, of course, never stop hoping! ^-^
Aug 2, 2012 2:04 AM

Jun 2008
MGSmarioPRO said:
3 Times Pandaman?! 3 Times?! It's the end of the WORLD!!!

edit: 4 4 4 4 4 4 4

Good eyes! I only noticed 2 of them.
Baka-Tsuki discord server
Aug 2, 2012 8:15 AM

Aug 2011
ze_dos_cavalos said:
Nami is useless, she´s there only for the fanservice

Without her all the main characters would most likely be dead. She's one of the best navigators in the world and one of the smartest characters in One Piece. Just because she's not physically strong doesn't mean she's useless.
Aug 2, 2012 11:14 AM

Apr 2008
Oh man you all who are bitching about shogun franky don't see the true essence of One Piece. IT"S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE ALL AWESOME FIGHTS ONLY, of course those are the most EPIC moments of One Piece but it needs it comedy too. Ofc he looks like a power ranger robot, but I still laughed my ass of when he did the ''shoulder cannon'' thing. And the straw hats still react the same to stuff even after the timeskip, new powers, but THANK GOD same personalities.

I Think most of you are just annoyed with the fact that it took so much time out of a new episode, not the robot itself being absolutely stupid, I DO agree with the pacing though, Thriller Bark was even worse imo but this pretty bad too, I'd rather have fast awesome main story and filler arcs every now and then than SUPER stretched out slow main story.
Aug 4, 2012 2:31 AM

May 2012
mecha franky gets more mecha!
awesome ep, we can see that usopp, chopper and luffy havent changed. always getting amazed at little things but i think what franky did was awesome :O
zoro and sanji stopping hody's officiers was totally epic ^.^
and last but not least.... vander decken -_-
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 4, 2012 8:51 AM
Mar 2012
Neowu said:
ze_dos_cavalos said:
Nami is useless, she´s there only for the fanservice

Without her all the main characters would most likely be dead. She's one of the best navigators in the world and one of the smartest characters in One Piece. Just because she's not physically strong doesn't mean she's useless.

she's still the record holder for the most horrible personality of all the one piece protagonists
Aug 6, 2012 3:24 PM

Jul 2009
Franky's mecha is so epic
Aug 10, 2012 5:33 PM

Nov 2011
chopper is so cool. there's one thing that really made me think, though. he said he'd perfected all of his transformations to the point that he no longer requires ingestion of a rumble ball, but he said he does need it for one point. he (intentionally?) didn't say which point it was, though. could this mean that in the past two years he perfected monster point?? i hope so, that'd be SO cool.
Aug 11, 2012 12:05 AM
Jul 2012
elk_ said:
chopper is so cool. there's one thing that really made me think, though. he said he'd perfected all of his transformations to the point that he no longer requires ingestion of a rumble ball, but he said he does need it for one point. he (intentionally?) didn't say which point it was, though. could this mean that in the past two years he perfected monster point?? i hope so, that'd be SO cool.
im thinking its the monster point that he couldnt control before the time skip every time he transformed he couldnt tell friend from foe cant wait to see luffy kick hordy's ass been waiting luffy seems to me overpowered before he couldnt take a one hit from jinbe but now he can go toe to toe with him so hordy doesnt stand a chance in h*** against luffy i mean he mastered all the haki pretty much at this point i wouldnt be surprised if he could beat the magma dude from the marines
Nov 11, 2012 5:20 AM

Jun 2011
Gaichi said:
akihikosama said:
Sorry to say, but during the whole Franky transformation thing my expression was the same as Nami's.

Yup, I got same feeling too <3 I just got bored by watching annoing robot transformation...

Again Luffy's hard kick :)

5/5

Its Otoko no Roman da! Unless you are...
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Dec 16, 2012 8:44 AM

Mar 2010
How will they take down that giant fucking ship

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 10, 2013 9:17 PM
Feb 2013
The robot was cool, 10/5 for that.
Nov 5, 2013 8:54 AM

Mar 2011
When I think this show had everything they come with mecha, pokemon, tentacle hentai and Noah's Ark.
Dec 1, 2013 11:11 AM

Jul 2011
Man, some of you guys are absolutely pathetic. I can't even type everything on my mind as this discussion is a year old so not too many people will read it, but this is truly sad. The "trolls" and the "haters" need to get out, I've looked at almost every discussion from One Piece and no matter how great the episode, there are some of you who will try to find the tiniest flaw and talk about that one flaw and rate is a 1/5 instead of just appreciating the episode. Realize that One Piece is one of the biggest Shounen out there, fillers? animation? pacing? Are you seriously that fucking retarded? There's been over 500 episodes for a reason and those complaining shouldn't even be called One Piece fans. The anime has surpassed my expectations a countless number of times, whether it be from emotional moments or awesome fight scenes, not to forget, the comedy. Either just stay away from One Piece and go watch your own anime and stop complaining or just watch One Piece and look at the pros of the episodes, not the cons. I know I did not say what I wanted to say in the way I wanted to, so if anybody wants to argue with me or doesn't really get my points, please message me.

Anyways, I thought it was an awesome episode, sure, pacing, animation, not the best but I can't complain, it's nothing new.
Feb 11, 2014 3:24 PM

Dec 2012
Loved everyone's reaction to Franky's robot XD
The serious fights are about to begin I guess. Monster trio at the end did its' job as the epic trio it is.
May 24, 2014 8:15 AM

Jun 2013
I like the old Horn Point (4-legged) of Chopper more. Seeing him in that old form while he's a grown reindeer will surely looked badass.
Sep 2, 2014 3:04 PM

Feb 2014
Iron Pirate "Franky Shogun" Kakkoii!
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
Jan 18, 2015 3:16 PM

Oct 2013
Next.

Jul 5, 2015 8:44 PM

Jun 2015
Overall boring ep. the ending was epic
Jul 31, 2016 3:39 AM

Mar 2015
More of Hordy getting his face bashed in please
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 13, 2017 6:08 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
omg this ship is bigger then expected. what will they do now?
and i wonder when the princess will use her power to call for backup :o

Oct 22, 2017 4:46 AM

Feb 2013
Shogun is amazing!
Hody was threatening Surume by killing his brothers, he got what he deserved.
May 15, 2018 1:41 PM

Mar 2017
aww I got sad when Luffy said to Surume

"I know how you feel" when he asked Surume about his brother ;w;
Luffy maybe remembered Ace T_T

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Aug 10, 2019 9:16 PM

Jun 2016
Long post, so I'll break it up with spoilers.

Mar 29, 2020 10:24 AM

Nov 2018
Is this One Piece or is this Mobile Suit Gundam?

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Aug 31, 2020 8:40 AM

Mar 2020
What a great episode dude. Franky is back with his cool hairstyle and is now making such SUUUPPEERRR things turning One Piece into a mecha show :D. Luffy being able to relate to Surume hurts right in the heart, and damn that moment when Zoro and Sanji protect Luffy!

Other than that, I think what Chopper meant to say was that now he needs only one Rumble Ball to transform into the Monster Point Chopper. That's gonna be convenient!

I wonder though, why were people so annoyed with that Franky transformation? I hella enjoyed it and was smiling the whole time for some reason.
Dec 14, 2020 10:22 AM
Nov 2019
Luffy walking towards Hordy with Sanji and Zoro jumping in to protect him was so cool! Also, Giant Robot Franky is awesome!!!!
Dec 31, 2020 5:35 AM

May 2016
General Franky's design looks like it'll fit in Gurren Lagann SUPERbly! I also find it hilarious that the guys were lovestruck with that thing while the girls had deadpan reactions towards it.

Just when things looked like they're going too smoothly, Decken finally arrives with the Ship of Promise.

Luffy reassuring Surume to not worry about his brother was very touching considering that he recalled Ace for a bit there.

Jun 4, 2021 12:56 PM

Jun 2019
Sometimes, I wonder if I'm watching Power Rangers or what. LOL
Jun 30, 2022 6:45 AM

Jan 2021
Everyone’s just showing off their new abilities and it’s really awesome
Oct 24, 2022 3:26 AM
Feb 2022
very good episode
Jun 6, 2023 7:44 PM
Feb 2022
Iron Pirate sugoii.
Jul 1, 2023 9:40 PM
Oct 2019
Ain't no way, Megazord??
That's so Cool!!

Come on Nami and Robin, how could you not impressed?
Mar 23, 8:17 PM
Jan 2020
faded as fuck and this is unironically one of the best episodes. like the lore with fighting for a brother???? the entire crew fighting and showing how they've gotten stronger??? the don't get close to our captain kick???? like bro
and fishman island lowkey sucks. but this episode is so good.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 357 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Jun 12, 2008

45 by bakakisima »»
28 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 356 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pokedude97 - Jun 4, 2008

56 by bakakisima »»
45 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 353 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Netforce - May 12, 2008

75 by bakakisima »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 982 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

FMmatron - Jul 10, 2021

147 by Byakuya692 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 969 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Usopp8000 - Apr 10, 2021

73 by Yubisoft »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.