Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 8, 2008 12:10 PM

May 2008
That was freakin' awesome, far better than I expected. And Natsuki is my new love.^^
Oct 8, 2008 12:19 PM

Sep 2007
what the fuck.

Oct 8, 2008 12:46 PM

Mar 2008
Oh my holy crap wtf was that. Wow, I just don't know what to say right now.

Well this was, to say the least, interesting, this series surely has my attention now, I can't believe what they just did in that first single episode.
I haven no idea what's happening, haven't read the manga and don't know anything about the story of Ga-Rei but darnit I really want to see the next episode.

4/5 because i didn't understand all the events besides that they were wack, crazy but incredible.

MAL list updates
Oct 8, 2008 1:00 PM

Jul 2007
so_addictive said:
P.s. WTF! they all died!!!??? I'm still tripping out! wasn't even planning on watching Ga-Rei *sigh* alas my list continues to grow

same here man. damn there are a LOT of good shows this fall. i dunno how i can watch all of em

Oct 8, 2008 1:05 PM

Jun 2008
I was ready to give up on this before the ending, which has me intrigued for the second episode. However, I was not into anything before that at all, save for Natsuki's ass kicking motorcycle moves, which everyone else also seems to love, haha. The monsters struck me more as goofy-looking than scary or threatening, so I could not take the story seriously at all. Hopefully the next ep improves on this.
Oct 8, 2008 1:18 PM

Mar 2008
angel999 said:

OH MAN NOW I AM LIKE O_O O_O O_O O_O O_O O_O O_O O_O

WTF and WTH? Natsuki and everyone IS DEAD AT THE END???

yep totally agree! got a little bored with all the action of the first 75/90% of the ep. (im not rly an action person). then it gets kind of interesting, as theres some kind of attack by a mysterious girl. then, what do you know, THEY ALL DIE?!??!?!?!?!?! WHT THE HECK IS UP WIV THIS SCREWED UP ANIME??
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 8, 2008 1:35 PM

Apr 2007
I just thought that I'd let everyone know that has been asking why it doesn't follow the manga, the series was announced to be a SPINOFF of the manga. This means, original story.

Hopefully y'all watch more of our future releases =D Make sure you grab Kurozuka from us when we get that out as well.

Oct 8, 2008 1:36 PM
Jun 2008
I'm confused. Like WTF happened? Everyone died. It's like an episodic episode that finishes within itself.
Oct 8, 2008 1:37 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Unexpectedly great! That was a very nice episode, great music and sweet action scenes. Can't wait to see the next episode. Even the bike was authentic!
cyruzOct 8, 2008 1:41 PM

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 8, 2008 1:38 PM

Aug 2008
I was totally onboard, bad art direction for cg creatures and all, until the last 5 minutes. What was that? Someone please tell me. Is it a good thing to leave a viewer confused after the first episode, with no preview to get your bearings? Whatevs.
Oct 8, 2008 1:39 PM

Nov 2007
Awesome, enjoyed this more than anything else this season so far. Natsuki's bike mashing was freakin' awesome.

Also lol wut.
Oct 8, 2008 2:42 PM
Dec 2007
I found that quite bad, a lot of action, a lot less reflection and emotion (except for two or three overly cliched melodramatic moments). Failed introduction for me, even if they tried something spectacular and original, it failed in the execution and direction, so...

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Oct 8, 2008 2:45 PM

Aug 2008
Great soundtrack — sounds like a movie's. Although I'm really not sure where this is going; they introduce a bunch of characters in this ep. Feels kinda like it's going to be similar to GitS, then they kill them all. WTFH, but whatever. Also, anyone else notice a girl named Natsuki with long black hair riding a motorcycle? Yeah, MaiHiME.

kisami said:
must suck even more to be killed by the gf you thought you killed haha.
It wasn't her. It was the other girl at the scene.

MEGATRON said:
Also lol wut.
^^ Yeah, what he said.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Oct 8, 2008 3:16 PM

Feb 2008
Very interesting but... wtf is this?
Everyone's already dead at the end of episode 1? xD
Oct 8, 2008 3:30 PM

Aug 2008
Don't really like the style of it... That being said, with that ending how cant you watch the next episode?
Oct 8, 2008 3:47 PM
Dec 2007
Am I stupid? D: I didn't get a single thing that was going on the entire time. Dammit. I might try watching it again, but from what I see it seems like a hard series to follow. The actions scenes were awesome, though.
Oct 8, 2008 4:55 PM

Sep 2008
Hmm so totally different from the manga and at the end everyone does. No preview or anything. I'll give it next ep but this is really weird for the first ep.

So does the series end than? xD
Oct 8, 2008 5:12 PM

Jul 2008
This is amazing! The end just blew my mind. This kind of reminds me of Higurashi in a way, since everyone is killed. The antagonist seems like an interesting character, so I'll keep watching this for sure!
Oct 8, 2008 5:27 PM

May 2007
wow that was a mind boggler 0.0 now im curious bout wats going to happen in the second episode lol
Oct 8, 2008 5:58 PM

Mar 2008
I don't really know what to make of this anime quite yet... I think it has potential if they take it in an interesting direction. I wouldn't have thought that if it wasn't for the final scene where everyone friggin' dies. I'll watch a few more episodes before I figure out whether or not I'm going to drop it.

JadeMatrix said:
Also, anyone else notice a girl named Natsuki with long black hair riding a motorcycle? Yeah, MaiHiME.

The very first thing that I thought of, lol.
Oct 8, 2008 6:36 PM

Jul 2008
corroded said:
so_addictive said:
P.s. WTF! they all died!!!??? I'm still tripping out! wasn't even planning on watching Ga-Rei *sigh* alas my list continues to grow

same here man. damn there are a LOT of good shows this fall. i dunno how i can watch all of em

Don't worry I watch all of them! About 22 to 23 of them. My life I can since I also work at home. :P
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 8, 2008 6:44 PM

Dec 2007
So like first thing that popped in my mind when natsuki is introduced.

NATSUKI FROM MAI HIME?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I think I fell in love with another hot motorcycle chick named natsuki....
Oct 8, 2008 7:02 PM

Feb 2008
The story is different in 1st episode but I think it will be based of the manga on the 2nd episode, like I said before. It's just a show from the 1st episode. Aren't those two people here a student in the manga? I think they will begin to start when there was students the same as manga in 2nd episode. Those people on the 1st episode is already dead it's might begin a manga based then xD
BlackbirdOct 8, 2008 7:22 PM

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Oct 8, 2008 7:33 PM

Nov 2007
Wow, lol what an epic first episode this was. Loving it so far, hope it keeps it up
but the only thing I didnt like was the animation of the monster, meh its good none the less
Oct 8, 2008 7:44 PM

Jul 2008
RaitoTheReaper said:
Am I stupid? D: I didn't get a single thing that was going on the entire time. Dammit. I might try watching it again, but from what I see it seems like a hard series to follow. The actions scenes were awesome, though.

The explanation is simple, there was a outbreak of some sort in the paranormal field. This resulted in three classes of monsters that are known as A/B/C type. We know so far there two type A. One of them killed a very important person to Kaze.

The outbreak of the paranormal also made the entities affect more the reality so as a result they are active poltergeists instead of being your average monster or ghost.

This being said in the beginning up to three classified as B were spotted and had to be taken care off before we see all our special team taking a break in the cafe.

That until the a Class A got them and apparently that very same class A is associated with knowing Kaze but the details are not known.
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 8, 2008 8:09 PM

May 2008
does anyone know what the name is of the song that was playing when they first road in on the motercycle to fight?

Oct 8, 2008 8:39 PM

Jul 2007
godzilla-monster looked like shit but....everything else was awesome!
Dramatic soundtrack and great action scenes.
Ending was surprising.

Natsuki D:
I was already thinking she was going to be my favorite character in the series lol
Oct 8, 2008 8:53 PM

Jun 2008
i dont know what's happening but it looks nice
Oct 8, 2008 9:09 PM

Dec 2007
Perfect ending to the episode, but there were some definite flaws here and there. From the looks of it, it looks like it will consistently stay good.
Oct 8, 2008 9:50 PM

Jul 2007
angel999 said:
corroded said:
so_addictive said:

Don't worry I watch all of them! About 22 to 23 of them. My life I can since I also work at home. :P

i do that too. in fact i don't have work in the following weeks as i just finished a project, but still. all those shows -_- ah well, tis a good season for anime. only problem left is almost all of them are being subbed with high quality and ive like 7gb left in my drive. lulz
Oct 9, 2008 1:00 AM

Aug 2008
First few minutes were ok, i especialy like the chick on bike (Natsuki is hot) ;), then more action, cool music, some questions about the past, kinda funny monster design (lizard thing)... but last few minutes... it was total and absolute epic mindfuck. If it was one shot i'd be satisfied. Solid 9 for this episode (Even 10 for ending).
Oct 9, 2008 4:06 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
othic said:
So like first thing that popped in my mind when natsuki is introduced.

NATSUKI FROM MAI HIME?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Haha, that's what I thought too. I knew the episode would be good after she appeared on screen.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 9, 2008 5:40 AM

Sep 2008
Wow Everyone Died O_O... That part were Naski was fighting with the Motorcycle was to awesome for me to handle...
Go Watch Sumomo momo Its epic. It has not gotten much attention... Episode 1
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v83597095dreGdW#comments
Oct 9, 2008 6:06 AM
Sep 2007
Seems alrightish, nothing sparkles in my eyes yet, looking forward to ep2.
Oct 9, 2008 7:41 AM

Oct 2007
Great episode but everyone dead 0__0
good animation and soundtrack looking forward to the next episode!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 9, 2008 7:52 AM

Apr 2008
lol was it just me, or did everyone really die by the end of the episode? D: struck me as rather random and over the top. I wish they had stuck to the original, but oh well... maybe the next episodes will be better (especially if they're rid of orange jumpsuits xD)
Oct 9, 2008 8:35 AM

Jun 2008
Cool first episode, Natsuki fighting with the bike was a highlight. Killing everyone at the start does seem over the top, but I'll be back to see where this one goes.
Oct 9, 2008 8:53 AM

Nov 2007
this episode was awesome !!
especially the fights with the motorbike and the ending!
Oct 9, 2008 9:47 AM

May 2008
Wow, this was pure win. I don't know what more to say more than a freaking lot of people died xD
Oct 9, 2008 10:40 AM

Oct 2007
Is it just for me that bike fighting part was a bit weird because it was almost impossible physically?

Great ep nevertheless.

*Wants moar gore and less censorship*

Help the poor Ninja! Click Billy vs Snakeman link today!
Oct 9, 2008 12:27 PM

Dec 2007
Nobleman said:
Is it just for me that bike fighting part was a bit weird because it was almost impossible physically?

Woah, careful there. There's no need to bring something like "physics" into anime.

To me, wasting all the characters by the end made it seem like I was cheated out of an episode.

Such is life...
Oct 9, 2008 12:59 PM

May 2008
I'm a little bit surprised, because I didn't exept this quality. Of course it is a GAINAX production and it sounds and looks like a great and exiting program, but where is the manga plot? Recently I read the manga, but this is an absolutely different story. But it is good. I hope they will connect somehow.
Oct 9, 2008 1:30 PM

Oct 2007
Kirjath said:
Nobleman said:

Woah, careful there. There's no need to bring something like "physics" into anime.

To me, wasting all the characters by the end made it seem like I was cheated out of an episode.

I wouldn't have said anything if characters themselves had some superpowers.
But now, when they are just humans who can see ghost (i don't consider that super power, that is just an ability) and fight them with normal gadgets (with some sanctified/blessed stuff in/around them).

I would have understood if she squashed them while power sliding but she roundhouse kicked them after stopping her bike (that is while standing still).

It bugs me a lot.

Help the poor Ninja! Click Billy vs Snakeman link today!
Oct 9, 2008 1:50 PM

Apr 2007
Nice first episode, though the CG-ized Category B monster looked like shit. Hopefully it'll be a little less obtrusive the next time.
Oct 9, 2008 2:01 PM

Jun 2008
I'm uberly confused since I haven't read the manga yet but this anime seems.. fine so far; wow those guys got owned and I can't believe the guy with the glasses died first(I was liking him the most lol) and then all the others like wtf?! I was so not expecting that! >.<
HEY!
Oct 9, 2008 2:02 PM

Aug 2007
Ben said:
Nice first episode, though the CG-ized Category B monster looked like shit. Hopefully it'll be a little less obtrusive the next time.

Agreed.

I was kinda shocked when they killed off everyone. Guess that means that we're going to have the actual main characters introduced next episode or something.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Oct 9, 2008 3:34 PM

Nov 2007
What.
Oct 9, 2008 7:48 PM

Sep 2008
WtF?

the butterfly boy is a class S? :P
Oct 9, 2008 8:41 PM

Jun 2007
What the funk!? O__o what just happened. This is not what I expected at all... its nothing like what the description says! XD I had to check twice if I got the right anime hahaha.

And... the monster thingies... was anyone else reminded of King Dodongo from Zelda Ocarina of time? They even rolled too ^_^

Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

slayer545-sama - Dec 21, 2008

326 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 19, 2023 6:53 PM

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 14, 2008

76 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 19, 2023 6:04 PM

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Dec 8, 2008

107 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 19, 2023 5:29 PM

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Nov 30, 2008

93 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 19, 2023 5:04 PM

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ternalnodorei - Nov 23, 2008

150 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 19, 2023 4:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.