Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 13, 2012 8:12 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
I'm in the mood for currently airing anime, atm. I have several old shows that I am watching, but I need a few more new ones to get started on. So, I don't get far behind on them. So, right now here is what I'm watching...

Hyouka - through episode 5, trying to get caught up. Its decent so far, but I expect it to keep getting better. Each episode seems to be better than the last.

Kuroko no Basket - caught up with it and love'n it.

Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon II - caught up with it (only 1 ep :P), this anime series is crazy, lol

Area no Kishi - through episode 7, but in no hurry to get caught up. Its ok, but I gotta be in mood for it.

So, I know there are loads more airing and I'm pretty much up for anything that is decent. Looking for shows that you guys would personally rate a 6 or above. Thanks in advance!!
Jul 13, 2012 8:26 PM

Dec 2011
Seasonal favorites are Jinrui and Natsuyuki, and both look like 7 or above for now.
Jul 13, 2012 8:34 PM

Jun 2008
Only thing I know about current anime is Sword Art Online. I have decently high expectations for it. It's also getting a pretty damn good episode 1 score from the looks of it on MAL.
Jul 13, 2012 8:41 PM

Feb 2012
Honestly, I like almost everything that's airing right now, so I'll separate them into genres that way you know what you're getting into. If it's in bold, that means that I really like it so far.

Mostly action: Sword Art Online, Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse, Campione! (kinda falls in between action and ecchi)

Mostly ecchi: Hagure Yuusha no Estetica, Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai.

Moe as fuck: Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate, Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru! (harem), Tari Tari, Oda Nobuna no Yabou, Kokoro Connect

Funny stuff: Joshiraku, Binbougami ga!

"In both love and octopus-hunting, you have to take the initiative!" - Gintoki Sakata
Jul 13, 2012 8:46 PM

Dec 2010
Sword Art Online

Binbougami ga!

Tari-Tari

Jul 13, 2012 8:48 PM

Dec 2011
Seconding Natsuyuki Rendezvous, it's already great.
Tari Tari and Kokoro Connect have both started out well also.
Jul 14, 2012 4:31 AM

Jul 2012
summer animes that i liked & am watching are:
tari tari
arcana famiglia
kokoro konnect
natsuyuki
kingdom
oda nobuna no yabou
phi brain 2
and i'm planning to watch sword art online, seems interesting...
Jul 14, 2012 4:35 AM

Mar 2011
Definitely Sword Art online, Currently airing anime with huge hype, as for Hyouka, you should try and catch up asap:) its pretty good.
Jul 14, 2012 4:45 AM
Jul 2018
Uchuu Kyoudai (currently at ep 15 from Spring)
Natsuyuki Rendevous
Sword Art Online
Jul 14, 2012 11:54 AM

Mar 2012
Right now of what I'm watching that's currently airing, I'd recommend Sword Art Online and continuing from last season, I'm enjoying Eureka Seven Ao (but I'm not sure if you'd appreciate it if you haven't seen Eureka Seven).

Edit note: Can't fault you for watching Hyouka. I think it's going to be my favorite anime of 2012 if it plays it's cards right.
ToucanbirdJul 14, 2012 12:19 PM
Jul 14, 2012 12:15 PM
Jul 2012
It's already mentioned a lot of times, but I'm gonna mention again...... just cause I agree ^_^
Sword Art Online
Jul 16, 2012 8:01 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Thanks everyone. I picked up Jinrui, Kokoro Connect, Natsuyuki, Sword Art Online, and Accel World. I'm now caught up with all of those, as well as Hyouka and the other shows I was already watching.

Going to start on a couple more. Its looking like Tari-Tari and not sure what the other one will be yet, possibly Campione. I need to finish Phi Brains first season before starting the 2nd and I haven't watched the original Eureka 7 yet, so I don't want to start sequels/spin-offs/prequels (whichever it is :P) until I get around to the original.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, and Sword Art Online is amazing so far. Definitely my favorite of the bunch. Though I am really into Accel World as well. Love the non-typical male lead there. Reminds me of my chubby elementary school days, haha.
Jul 17, 2012 11:18 AM

Feb 2008
What about UtaKoi? I am truly enjoying it. :) Give it a try. ~
Jul 17, 2012 11:35 AM

Jan 2010
Natsuyuki Rendezvous is definitely my favorite, with Tari Tari as a distant second. Uta Koi is fine, but nothing special.
Jul 17, 2012 12:10 PM

Aug 2011
Tari Tari
Kokoro Connect
Sword Art Online
Uchuu Kyoudai
Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
Jul 17, 2012 1:06 PM

Apr 2008
I really like Ginga e Kickoff!! Other than that I'm not really watching anything currently airing that I enjoy that much...besides Kuroko no Basket which you are already watching. Just started Kingdom too it's okay but I'm not to crazy about the CGI art...
Jul 17, 2012 1:37 PM

Dec 2009
Uta Koi, if you are into love poems and Japanese legends.
Hagure Yuusha no Estetica, if you are into ridiculous strong protagonist and all those perverted stuffs.
Campione!, if you are also into ridiculous strong protagonist and mythologies and legends.
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains must be the truth.

I Like My Woman Strong, Flat-Chested, Tall, Slender and Scarred

Yuri & Yaoi Hater

dA: http://flame13th.deviantart.com
Blog: http://flame13th.blogspot.com
Jul 20, 2012 1:11 PM
Feb 2012
- IMO Sword Art online is going to be this seasons Guilty Crown.

- Tari Tari is a lot like K-On! but takes on a whole different direction (From what I hear it's much better then K-On!)

- Kotoro Connect is definitely the oddest anime this season,but very promising if they can manage to keep giving it new life and uniqueness.

- La Storia Della Arcana Famiglia isn't the most amazing anime, but definitely worth watching, mostly for the bright refreshing art and fun sweeping characters.

- Accel world is one of the longer anime from last season, well established now and if you like it,keep watching it, but I feel it won't get any better then it is now, so don't have amazingly high expectations for it.

- Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita is my personal favorite anime of this season, crazy and freakin' hilarious ,try it, it's a love or hate.

- Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai is this seasons ecchi, and it's pretty damn ecchi as well, so that's all you need to know lol.
ST4LK3RJul 20, 2012 1:19 PM
Jul 20, 2012 8:05 PM

Jul 2012
ST4LK3R said:

I'm pretty sure that's not what you tell people if you're trying to recommend an anime.
Jul 21, 2012 3:43 AM
Mar 2012
Saki Special side A
Kuroko no basket
Champione
Sword Art online
Dog days
kyoukai senjou no horizon 2( watch season 1 first)
kokoro connect
koi to senkyo to chocolate

:))
Jul 21, 2012 4:51 AM

Dec 2009
noyoureinsane said:
ST4LK3R said:

I'm pretty sure that's not what you tell people if you're trying to recommend an anime.

Unless the people you are recommending too happen to like Guilty Crown. And the OP seems to be one of those.
Jul 22, 2012 8:57 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Sir_Lexa said:
noyoureinsane said:
ST4LK3R said:

Unless the people you are recommending too happen to like Guilty Crown. And the OP seems to be one of those.

Haha, indeed. I loved Guilty Crown. *pulls out GC anti-hate shield* :P
Jul 22, 2012 9:19 AM

Jan 2012
ST4LK3R said:
I agree, but not in a positive way.

Natsuyuki Rendezvous and Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita are the only good ones this season.
Jul 22, 2012 9:41 AM

Jun 2011
Jinrui and YuruYuri♪♪ are the only ones that caught my eye this season.
Jul 22, 2012 5:17 PM
Mar 2012
Sword Art Online
Kokoro Connect
Kuroko No Basket
Uchuu Kyoudai
Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Hyou-ka
Accel World (despite the immensely annoying protag)
Muv-Luv : Total Eclipse
Jul 27, 2012 9:41 AM
Apr 2012
Binbougami ga!, Joshiraku, SKET Dance << all comedy
Give Uchuu Kyoudai a try too.

More topics from this board

» Any anime with a despicable/contemptible villain?

Gfralp - 4 hours ago

3 by Spunkert »»
47 minutes ago

» looking for anime recommendations from people who has similar taste

windyshadow - Apr 21

21 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
2 hours ago

» Anime recommendations please

MeZaDefined - Apr 24

2 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
2 hours ago

» RomCom Suggestions for someone who's seen a lot of em

Benassiesto - Yesterday

7 by Tsuyatoash »»
3 hours ago

» Almost cyberpunk sci-fi anime

Eternal-Destiny - Yesterday

4 by Zarutaku »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.