Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »
Aug 13, 2019 1:58 PM
May 2016
i dropped this anime years ago, because of the girl, i gave one more chance now, but she is realy annoying
Nov 21, 2019 1:18 PM

Apr 2013
So is this the show that spawned the trend of the MC looking intimidating? Because I remember a bunch of anime which came after this doing that again.

I really don't know why I'm doing this to myself though... I knew Taiga would be like Louise and judging from this first episode she's even worse of a bitch. And the MC is stupid enough to do anything for her, despite being treated like shit for no apparent reason.
Dec 28, 2019 4:21 PM

Aug 2014
The thing with his scary face was funny it made me laught, but the rest was bad.. I don't like this girl...
I know it is just first episode for me but I wonder how this got more than 8 score in 2019. The op and ed are very bad and the art is.. is just from before 2010... or worse
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
May 29, 2020 10:59 AM
Apr 2018
The MC's mom is a total MILF. Teen pregnancy huh?
Aug 2, 2020 6:17 AM

Feb 2020
this series is kinda boring so far.

i like taiga’s character design but i’m not really into tsunderes ehh
Aug 6, 2020 11:50 PM

Feb 2020
I like it so far! For a bit I was like "Eventually I'll watch Toradora" but then someone told me "Oh don't taiga's super annoying" and so I decided to drop it from my plan-to-watch list. I'm giving it a chance now.

Even though I'm only on the first episode, Taiga isn't as bad as I expected. She's a tsundere, expected. Maybe I'm just better at tolerating tsunderes than some... she IS kind of adorable though. As a fellow female, I am sort of jealous of how nice her hair is.

Ryuuji is relatively likeable as well, which is a relief. Same applies to the other characters.
Also, the opening is actually kinda nice.

Looking forward to the next episode!
Aug 29, 2020 7:09 PM
Jun 2014
metropyramid said:
I like it so far! For a bit I was like "Eventually I'll watch Toradora" but then someone told me "Oh don't taiga's super annoying" and so I decided to drop it from my plan-to-watch list. I'm giving it a chance now.

Even though I'm only on the first episode, Taiga isn't as bad as I expected. She's a tsundere, expected. Maybe I'm just better at tolerating tsunderes than some... she IS kind of adorable though. As a fellow female, I am sort of jealous of how nice her hair is.

Ryuuji is relatively likeable as well, which is a relief. Same applies to the other characters.

Pretty much echoes my thoughts, except that as a male I'm also jealous of how nice her hair is.
Aug 31, 2020 11:18 PM

Feb 2020
myronator said:
metropyramid said:

Pretty much echoes my thoughts, except that as a male I'm also jealous of how nice her hair is.

At this point, we're all jealous of her hair. #we'rejealousoftaiga'shair?
Sep 2, 2020 10:59 AM
Sep 2018
It was a great start. Not too slow, and not in your face.
Sep 9, 2020 11:10 PM
Sep 2020
How do I use this site it’s quite confusing and I want to watch toradora but it won’t let me
Sep 10, 2020 12:22 AM

Aug 2018
Animeroyalxoxo said:
How do I use this site it’s quite confusing and I want to watch toradora but it won’t let me
https://myanimelist.net/anime/4224/Toradora/episode/2 there you go buddy next ep
Nov 30, 2020 10:49 PM
Nov 2020
I read the plot description of the show and instantly knew I needed to delve into it lol. Happy to say it’s started off as good as I’d expected :D I love the MC’s already. PSA: Taiga is the cutest
Feb 12, 2021 2:43 PM

Jan 2020
Not bad for a start~
The OP and ED are pretty good. Although not the type I would constantly re-listen to. But I wouldn't mind listening to it ^^
3099Feb 12, 2021 3:16 PM
Feb 21, 2021 1:10 PM
Feb 2021
what would the sink scene look like uncensored
Feb 25, 2021 6:20 PM

Feb 2014
well, Taiga seems annoying...
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
Mar 6, 2021 7:10 PM
Jan 2020
One awesome episode. A good introduction. Taiga would come off as a very annoying character seeing how good Ryuji is… In real life, she wouldn’t be liked… But hey, we are in Toradora now.
Mar 16, 2021 5:46 PM
Waifu Inspector

Sep 2019
So it looks like both Taiga and Ryu have family problems. And both are misunderstood. Already shipping them both lol.
May 21, 2021 7:40 PM

Jun 2020
lol even the teacher is scared of Ryuuji, i kinda like how ryuuji and taiga has same problems so then a bond has been created. I did enjoy this episode, so 4/5. the op and ed is quite good too

May 22, 2021 9:12 PM

Jan 2016
I like the MC and it’s weird how his friend is voiced by Jonny Yong Bosch. The episode seemed ok, hopefully it gets better as time goes on.

Jun 10, 2021 5:28 AM

Mar 2019
please someone remove the annoying girl from this anime
Jun 15, 2021 7:11 AM

Jun 2020
The OP sounds good a catchy style in its own way, The introductions seems pretty interesting starting with Ryuuji an intimidating person well by his face I mean, and Taiga who pretty much is your daily delinquent surprised she's that strong huh

Their first impressions seem pretty interesting regarding how this will turn out to be it's just funny how everyone is scared while they're around but they have some friends, That crazy looking bird made me chuckle a bit it looks so dumb

Ryuuji is so responsible he just has a scary-looking face on the other hand Taiga should learn how to clean her apartment, hope that things will go for the best as the episodes progress looking forward to it.
Aug 3, 2021 12:04 AM
Aug 2021
It completes her character arc. The entire reason she was such a mess at the beginning of the show and the whole reason she needed to learn through Ryuuji how to have basic interactions with other people without being a rude, condescending, violent bitch is because of her wrecked home life and broken upbringing. By the end of the show, she's matured a lot. When Ryuuji inadvertently damages his own home life in the last 2 episodes, Taiga watches him get up and fix it in a matter of days. It only makes sense for Taiga to decide at this point that she has to come full circle: She has to go face the issues that started all of her problems now that she's mature enough to do so. She has to go home and mend her relationship with her mother and step-siblings, and she does.

Two, because it symbolizes equality in her relationship with Ryuuji. Throughout the show, their relationship is actually rather unhealthy, as Ami points out a number of times in the later episodes. Ryuuji is doting on Taiga and doing a lot of things for her that she should be doing for herself. Their relationship is more of a father/daughter relationship than one of equals (Ami also says this directly once). This is unhealthy for Ryuuji, too, as it feeds into his "I have to take care of everything and everyone" mindset, one he got from his own home life. Taiga leaves to fix her own shit, demonstrating her independence from Ryuuji as a capable person of her own, and Ryuuji accepts and respects her decision despite it hurting him, demonstrating that he acknowledges Taiga is an equal to him and not someone he needs to do everything for.

The scene after the end credits, which you've hopefully watched by now, is almost between two new people. It's one of mature, equal people who truly understand each other.
Sep 11, 2021 5:16 PM
Aug 2021
Taiga seems terrible, but I suppose that’s intentional. Everything else I liked though. Probably some major character development to come forward.
Oct 31, 2021 12:19 PM

Mar 2010
Damn so much fun, and i"m liking where this is going, jealousy is such a fun tool in romcoms.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 27, 2022 11:08 PM

Oct 2020
It's just the first episode and all, but the characters seem mostly likable and the music is actually really nice -- not just the OP and ED but the episode's music score was nice and made things lively.
Jun 24, 2022 7:30 PM
Jun 2022
Taiga is definitely giving the wrong stereotype that tiny girls are simultaneously cute and angry. I'm tiny, but I'm definitely not an angry little thing. And I'm not overly cute either.

Also getting HoriMiya vibes from the main guy character being dark, tall, mysterious and wrongly judged.

Also, definitely a show where the two main characters are going to get together. I already see it coming in episode 1.
Aug 25, 2022 6:29 PM
Aug 2022
the main character is mad rude annoyin as hell but ill tolerate her for now
Aug 26, 2022 2:31 PM
Jun 2019
I have mixed feelings about the caramel hair coloured tsundere girl.
Sep 2, 2022 4:48 AM
Ninja Consultant

Mar 2022
Pretty solid first episode. Not quite as hilarious and OTT as School Rumble or D-Frag yet imo, but I'll definitely be checking out more of it.
Beep boop
Sep 19, 2022 7:43 PM
Aug 2017
This episode had a lot of "anime humour" that I often found impenetrable. The main joke in this episode was "small girl beats up big guy" which just wasn't funny to me. It didn't help that the main conceit of this show was the male protagonist looking scary which he objectively doesn't. This made a lot of the hijinks on that end nonsensical.

But I did enjoy some aspects of this pilot enough to continue. The premise is solid. I'm down for rivals forced to hang out for convoluted reasons so there's clear promise there. And some of the gags were funny. Like the main girl living in an absolutely filthy house. Or them living in directly opposite apartments. So while there were a few stumbling blocks I can see myself enjoying it.
Sep 25, 2022 10:09 AM
Sep 2022
Taiga was annoying as hell. Literally hitting the mc for no damn reason all the time
Oct 5, 2022 8:33 PM
Jan 2022
I too am in the minority of I found Taiga pretty annoying and the fact that Ryuji just goes along with it frustrating. Not going to give up after just one episode but I hope the future adds some depth to the characters.
Oct 9, 2022 12:29 PM
Oct 2022
fantastic introduction
Oct 24, 2022 4:51 AM
Feb 2022
ehhh internse girl is intense
Dec 3, 2022 12:46 PM

May 2022
Watching Toradora for the second time, and having read the original light novels, I am impressed by how the anime tightens up the plot and focuses on the essentials of the story. Yes, there is more material, more dialogue in the light novels. But the LNs also have a lot of filler: descriptive sentences and paragraphs, extra dialogue, and endless paragraphs detailing the inner thoughts of the characters. I suspect the LNs had word count and page targets set by the publisher, whereas the anime was trying to pare down the story to fit it into 25 erpisodes.

Some of the anime art is a little fuzzy, like maybe this is a tenth generation copy on Crunchyroll that is not as crisp and sharp as the original. But overall, it is an outstanding start to a now GOAT romance anime.
Dec 4, 2022 1:48 PM
Dec 2022
I really enjoyed the anime and hope they make a second season of it it's one of the best romance animes I've ever seen and wish more would come out right now
Dec 6, 2022 10:44 AM

Aug 2020
Seems interesting enough to watch a few more episodes.
Jan 2, 2023 11:04 PM

Sep 2018
Finally delving into this classic, one of, if not the most famous tsunderes? Looks like it's gonna be fun.
Jan 10, 2023 12:36 AM
Nov 2022
It was... Good? Maybe. I enjoy while watching.
Feb 26, 2023 8:16 PM
Feb 2023
I liked how good it was
Mar 27, 2023 1:23 PM

Nov 2022
wtf did I just watch
Jun 24, 2023 4:57 PM
Mar 2023
A pretty good establishing episode. Despite the fact that it's the first one, it advances the story pretty well during it. Gives me high hopes for what might come next.
Aug 11, 2023 1:00 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
No way Ryuuji cooked AND cleaned all that in 15 minutes

In these 20 minutes though, quite a lot happened, much more than I remember. Of course they're pretty much still at odds, but Taiga and Ryuuji get pretty well acquainted with each other in just one episode.

Just finished Golden Time the other day. Liked it, then liked it a bit less the more I thought about it. Gave it a 6. Made me feel like re-watching Toradora if it still holds up 3 and half years after watching it, back when I had first started to really get into anime. This must have been among my first 10, if not, 15, anime. And yeah I did really like it for the most part, it's one I can mark with the "gave me post-anime-depression" tag. Probably won't affect me as much this time, but I'm curious to find out if my view will change after having watched so much more anime. Maybe this was always just a really good show to hit you in the feels and I'm putting myself in round 2 of post-anime-depression. What I'm really looking for this time around is to see how much fluff, how much filler is in these 25 episodes. How much stuff could've been cut out? If it's not a lot, which I feel was the case for Golden Time as well, then this should hold up nicely.

One would think that in the genre of rom-com where real relationships never really start that Golden Time, a story about 'maintaining' (quotes because I have some reservations about that word used to describe it, but that's for a different discussion) relationships and the difficulty that that entails, would greatly surpass a show like Toradora, which is more about starting them, and the difficulty that that entails as well. Surely it would be more interesting to get the ball rolling right away and see how it plays out from there, right? Well yes, in theory and on paper it should, but imo Toradora just hit kind of hard where Golden Time attempted to take a swing that would give as much impact but kind of felt short. Idk, too early for a proper comparison, I need to actually re-watch Toradora first, which is why I'm here. If you're revisiting it as well, let's enjoy it again together shall we.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Nov 5, 2023 2:50 AM
May 2023
So terrible, I like tsunderes. But this girl, is too damn much
Nov 7, 2023 4:31 PM
Mar 2023
First heard about this show from Anime out of Context have to say I like it so far. Taiga is my first tsundere character in an anime makes me wonder if she is nicer side with her friend Minori. After seeing the side of Taiga's apartment made me for sorry for her, that due to the state of it that her folks or guardians must not be around that often or hardly at all. I don't know why the sink scene was blurred out if it was the blurred out for the American audience or it was already blurred out for the Japanese audience but if it was as bad as Ryuuji commented on then I am glad that it was.

I don't know what Ryuuji was thinking when he agreed to follow Taiga's instructions like a dog all because his mother was due home if the scene of his mom was accurate she may not have noticed that she was there at the time. Also I feel his reveal to Taiga of his secret plans and mix tapes for her friend is going to came back and bite him in the form of blackmail.
Nov 15, 2023 7:44 AM
Nov 2023
MASTERPIECEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Dec 6, 2023 1:12 PM

Aug 2022
So it's finally the time for the annual Christmas rewatch! This is my third time watching the anime and I'm really excited to see all these characters again.
Dec 11, 2023 5:27 PM

Apr 2021
Great episode! Magnificent quality, I liked it, it was funny to see the two of them crossing paths with everyone.

Now people won't be afraid of him anymore.

I already suspected she had entered through the window, it was funny xD. She's short but she's brave, a tiger.
Dec 17, 2023 1:12 AM
Jul 2018
Interesting anime for me
Dec 26, 2023 7:59 AM

Jun 2021
it's on Netflix for full, and didn't remember it received italian dub even if i'm not that familiar to half of the cast, but still... let's give it watch. i mostly like tsundere characters even if this one doesn't seem promising as my favorite ones.

...what? This woman is his mother?

what the hell? Is she attacking him in his own house, cleaning her nose on his clothes and eating at his own expense just for a supposed love letter?

Ok, the box with his plans for future improbable dating was relatable. Listening to "know your place, loser" also... yeah. Well, to be fair, her house was "invaded" even if he had good intentions. It's just episode 1 but if the supporting cast is large and decently developed, this can become interesting.

Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

angel999 - Nov 5, 2008

241 by soberkatz110 »»
Sep 18, 5:57 PM

» Anyone know which eps to skip? ( 1 2 3 )

CleansedSpace - Aug 23

100 by Buny0058 »»
Sep 16, 3:03 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

sniW - Jan 7, 2009

245 by Matheus050 »»
Sep 9, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Jan 21, 2009

423 by Elero »»
Sep 9, 1:31 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1113 by WarmedBagel »»
Sep 8, 4:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.