Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 23, 2012 9:25 AM

Feb 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode was awesome. Luca Lives!

Next Episode should be even better.
Jun 23, 2012 9:30 AM

Aug 2010
Well, Luca was just on a vacation.

Quartz (captain of the Grand Cross) shows up again and while the pirates confront her Ironbeard shows up again to take her away. Apparently this is turning into a feud between the frontier pirates and pirates from the Empire. Misa, who has figured out that Kane is doing something, confronts Ironbeard on the way out and also meets Ririka and Kane's twin (not an android). Ironbeard all but admits he is Marika's dad and states that he just wanted to see Marika's resolve.

Next episode looks to be the battle with Quartz.
Jun 23, 2012 9:44 AM
Oct 2007
Chiaki is <3
KvakondJun 23, 2012 6:04 PM
Jun 23, 2012 9:55 AM
Oct 2010
lol they made it sound liek luca was dead (least to me) then "door opens" "yoo" lmao.

great ep. looks like those dudes dig coorie in her otaku getup :D

chiaki was def fkn cute singing <3

fuck i cant waitfor next week. loving this series too much.
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Jun 23, 2012 10:19 AM

Aug 2010
zeroryoko1974 said:
Chiaki is <3

Haha yeah, she's 100% edible. I loved it when she hid under the blanket, embarrassed as hell.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jun 23, 2012 10:38 AM
Sep 2011
I wonder what will happen after the battle in the next episode. Will the Bentenmaru crew remain as entertainers who acceppt additional tasks from time to time or will they move on to be "true" pirates under the guide of the Empire or rather oppose it in contrary?
Jun 23, 2012 10:48 AM
Jan 2011
Nice to know that Luca is alive.
Jun 23, 2012 10:57 AM

Mar 2009
chiaki NNNGGGGHHH
Jun 23, 2012 11:03 AM

Oct 2011
Nice touch with Marika asking what happened with Luca (but she had nice time so good for her)
later part were a bit chaotic to be honest but it fit this place, somehow weird that other crews are following Marika's plan
also twin brother... not the best solution but better than another android

Pirates of the Empire :D I must say they have better toys than ordinary ones
and I really look forward to that final battle (and hopefully second season)

Chiaki traumatized once again :D but she was so cute
I only wonder if this transmision was audio only or there was also video... than she may actually want to kill her father (who would be capable of doing some clip)
Jun 23, 2012 11:37 AM

Nov 2008
Chiaki just went from a 9 to a 10 when she was singing idol style and that wink. Seeing her traumatized under the covers was cute and funny

Jun 23, 2012 12:21 PM
Oct 2009
Hoppy said:
Chiaki just went from a 9 to a 10 when she was singing idol style and that wink. Seeing her traumatized under the covers was cute and funny

So right!
Jun 23, 2012 1:08 PM

Aug 2009
This episode had me laughing all the way when I heard the song sang by both Marika and Chiaki...

Chiaki definitely wins a lot of points this episode...
Jun 23, 2012 1:20 PM
Mar 2011
Called Kane's twin, surprised to be right for once!

Didn't see the holiday swap mind you, perhaps a better question is exactly when the swap was made since it sounded like they didn't go after her until she was heading back since Marika's mum didn't head out on her new job for a few episodes will need to double check to see when she told her about it in relation to that time they spent recuperating from that alien monkey virus!

So Quartz is the daughter of the Queen given how Ironbeard was behaving, I wonder if Mr Triggerhappy has any relationship with the crew who went after Marika during that yacht event?

They shared the same lack of manners given the rule about not killing in the pirate's nest, so the gold skull shoulder ornament signifies they're a pirate from the Galactic Empire?

I am assuming they're privateers too but will they explain whats really going on since it sounds like the princess is on a literal joy ride and that doesn't feel right!

Loved the new pirate theme song and i was wondering if they televised any of it given Chiaki's reaction!
Jun 23, 2012 1:28 PM

Dec 2011
Imma miss this show after next week. D: Marika has become a really great pirate.

Cant wait to see them fight the Grand Cross.
Jun 23, 2012 1:48 PM

Jan 2012
...And I'll say it again...Why all interesting episodes have to be at the end of the series??? Seriously, they should have included more pirates and more pirate fights. But instead of that they focused a lot more on Marika's friends from the yacht club and a great deal of the previous episodes included them instead of the original crew. And now for the remaining one episode they're going to rush it.

That aside...two Kanes?????? 0.0 Brothers....????
And Chiaki and Marika singing together XD
Chiaki's line in the end of the episode "Dad I will kill you!" XDD

Jun 23, 2012 3:37 PM

Feb 2008
if there was ever a show that deserves a second season.
Jun 23, 2012 5:02 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Dalek-baka said:
somehow weird that other crews are following Marika's plan

(shrug) they know they are being hunted and Marika/Bentenmaru is the only one to have fought with the Grand Cross and survived - seems like a good plan and little other choice in any case.

For my part, I really want to know how Chiaki agreed to sing that song with Marika.
Jun 23, 2012 5:06 PM

Jun 2009
Great episode again, i'm relieved by info drop this week. After all that just wonder how did Marika's father become an Empire Pirate? He acted pretty high and might when he talked about the look in Marika's eyes. Iirc "to see such a look in eyes of a frontier pirate" or something like that, he was a frontier pirate himself until not long ago, what the hell.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jun 23, 2012 6:44 PM
Oct 2010
prismheart said:
Was she? I kinda got the idea that it was just a cover up story so as not to worry Marika. The flashback with Ririka saving her didn't quite spell a vacation.
Ero-Seno said:
chiaki NNNGGGGHHH
Both of them. Damn that epic joyful mocking song and Chiaki being so embarrassed.

... I really want a gif with them singing and dancing... If no one does it I'll search the app to do one myself.
Cratex said:
For my part, I really want to know how Chiaki agreed to sing that song with Marika.
She's completely tsundere for Marika. She may say otherwise but she would do anything for her, as the song proves.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jun 23, 2012 7:31 PM

May 2011
Moretsu for the most part has done a decent job mixing the silly and cute in with the serious and cerebral. But for some reason, in this episode, I didn't think it worked out well. Some parts switching back and forth just didn't flow well at all. Especially the part when with the yacht girls chatting. what was the point. 'Yay, we're rooting for you, Marika!' It was so unneeded at that point and completely out of place with the rest of the scenes.

Also, while I did find Chiaki's singing embarrassment amusing, Marika has no business doing a singing spot in a dress. She's a pirate, not a idol. It sort of cheapens her as a character in my eyes.

It also took a huge step back by making the antagonist out to be some prissy princess with a mean streak and ironbeard out to be some overbearing royal bodyguard/babysitter.

That's just great, pirates are fighting and being knocked off by a bitchy and bored princess with an overpowered space battlecruiser. Way to make the arc filled with pirate ships being destroyed a serious story, NOT.

CirrisJun 23, 2012 7:42 PM
Jun 23, 2012 7:58 PM

May 2012
Ajunky said:
prismheart said:
Was she? I kinda got the idea that it was just a cover up story so as not to worry Marika. The flashback with Ririka saving her didn't quite spell a vacation.
Ero-Seno said:
chiaki NNNGGGGHHH
Both of them. Damn that epic joyful mocking song and Chiaki being so embarrassed.

... I really want a gif with them singing and dancing... If no one does it I'll search the app to do one myself.
Cratex said:
She's completely tsundere for Marika. She may say otherwise but she would do anything for her, as the song proves.

It's definitely her tsundereness ; D

SUCH a great episode!

I don't think I've given a single episode from this show less than a 5 and I dont' think I've not liked a single episode! This has been great from beginning to end!

I wouldn't mind a 3rd season, but I also feel like it's fine to end it next week. We've learned so much and seen so much, and it's probably time to give a rest to the amazing story of Kato Marika and how she became the most awesome pirate ever~

I think they just listen to her because she has a certain air about her that makes people want to follow her. That natural sort of leadership aura.

Either way, Next week is going to be the best~
Jun 23, 2012 9:25 PM

Jul 2009
Marika: "Chiaki's so cute" - I agree 100%.

Ahh, next week is the final episode huh? Second season (or would it be third season?) would be very nice. This has been the most enjoyable anime of it's genre for me after all. It's a shame I can't afford to buy the BD volumes.
Jun 23, 2012 11:31 PM

Jul 2011
kisami said:
if there was ever a show that deserves a second season.

And I thought this show was going to be crap. Oh how wrong I was!

Kane has a twin! I should've caught onto that. XD

Only one more episode. ;A;
Jun 24, 2012 1:13 AM

May 2010
Nice Episode,

First what the hell at the beging everyone was worried about Luca, then she just pop up "hey everyone" ive been on vacation on a warm plant, way to kill the mood >.<

Then Ironbeard show up to take back Christie saying she a tomboy? tomboy i dont know about that but i can say she might be part "Pixie" with all that damn glitter, i swear everytime she move im expecting they're to be a trail of pixie dust for people to use to start flying.

Nooo Coorie went back to indoor mode man what a waste, i want to see more of her like that.

Kane a twin A didnt see that coming, Twin Helm's Men.

Was awesome see Blaster Rirka keep true to her name, soo Beast.

Chiaki/Marika singing the Pirate Anthem to signal everyone for war not a bad touc, hehe Chiaki.

Cant wait till next week for this interstella Battle.
Jun 24, 2012 4:17 AM

Mar 2011
Chiaki was so cute :)
Jun 24, 2012 4:36 AM
Mar 2011
darkwintre said:
Called Kane's twin, surprised to be right for once!

Didn't see the holiday swap mind you, perhaps a better question is exactly when the swap was made since it sounded like they didn't go after her until she was heading back since Marika's mum didn't head out on her new job for a few episodes will need to double check to see when she told her about it in relation to that time they spent recuperating from that alien monkey virus!

Turns out she changed her holiday after the yacht encounter since she got to watch an interesting astronomical light show there and chose to go to beach planet instead and then had a quick clip of Marika's mum going on a safari hunt right in front of Luca and then showing another group of those agent-like blokes from the episode where Jenni had to go on the run from them aboard that liner whilst dressed up in her wedding gown!

I can't help wondering if Jenni's uncle had a hand in this and the only reason they knew something was up was because when Jenni's uncle had his deal revealed someone in the Empire started paying closer attention to what he was doing and contacted Kane maybe even that yacht event with Kane nodding towards someone we couldn't see properly was when they learned something was going on with not only Luca but also on that yacht event.
Jun 24, 2012 4:45 AM
Mar 2011
Cirris said:
Also, while I did find Chiaki's singing embarrassment amusing, Marika has no business doing a singing spot in a dress. She's a pirate, not a idol. It sort of cheapens her as a character in my eyes.

It also took a huge step back by making the antagonist out to be some prissy princess with a mean streak and ironbeard out to be some overbearing royal bodyguard/babysitter.

That's just great, pirates are fighting and being knocked off by a bitchy and bored princess with an overpowered space battlecruiser. Way to make the arc filled with pirate ships being destroyed a serious story, NOT.

Made me wonder what they did the previous occasion they had to convene the council to go to war albeit having the pirate captain sing that song with a friend might be a mite more embarassing than what Marika went through (not I didn't mention Chiaki because I can't see her being more embarassed!!!)

As for the overpowered space cruiser in the hands of a princess, yes but I suspect this is to teach her an important lesson in character she comes across as if she didn't have someone they could rely on to help her get over her oversight she might either get herself killed against someone whose a true threat to the Empire or when she assumes the throne she'll cause the downfall of the Empire since I'm comparing how different she is with Grunier whose to say Marika's dad didn't help her the same way and how things would have been different if Grunier hadn't gone to Marika for help?

The real important detail is if they can't trust anyone in the Empire to help her what does that say about the rest of the Empire?

Note what was being said as they were heading back to the Parabellum?

It sounds like things aren't great at all in the Empire and it might mean if this gets a second season we get to find out what else is going on in addition to Jenni's uncle being involved in sedition...

Given Chiaki's dad mentioned they aren't really on the beaten track as far as the Empire's concerned makes me think that even with their outdated ships they're still a potent force and the fact marika goes to a school where they're actually being trained using a former pirate ship makes me think they're being prepared in case of another war...
Jun 24, 2012 5:02 AM

Apr 2010
Chiaki's anger was nice to see and would make a nice avatar to be honest.
She looked happy when singing it tho and Marika calling her cute was even better.

The young male pirate we saw still has allot to learn it's clear he underestimated his enemy's and just charged ahead without thinking.
He also let his anger lead him.

It's clear Quartz is a importuned person to the queen of the Galactic Empire but that doesn't mean that she has to be a princess.
Also her behaviour doesn't match that of someone from a Royal family.
Tho i do wonder what her function is since a pirate would not get a prototype vessel for trials more would they be chased by someone to assure there safety.
Jun 24, 2012 6:42 AM

Aug 2008
I remember how I was sure that this series will be the least interesting with a lot of annoying fanservices when I first saw the spring anime lineups. It turns out the one I'm enjoying the most of the 2 cours series of spring :)
Jun 24, 2012 6:42 AM

Aug 2008
I remember how I was sure that this series will be the least interesting with a lot of annoying fanservices when I first saw the spring anime lineups. It turns out the one I'm enjoying the most of the 2 cours series of spring :)
Jun 24, 2012 8:31 AM

Apr 2011
lol. Ironbeard is looking up while Misa and Kirika are talking about Marika.

He look so stiff.
Jun 24, 2012 9:23 AM

Jul 2010
Can't wait till this is over. :/
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Jun 24, 2012 9:34 AM

Jul 2009
vampko said:

I'd very much like one too. Not enough to try to make one myself though.
Jun 24, 2012 11:08 AM

May 2011
This show sure has been much better than expectation, sad that there's just 1 episode left. Can't wait to see how they end it with a boom. I like this last conflict, to see whether or not these pirates want the status quo to stay the same and continue on using the Letters of Marque or take a step forward and become real pirates.

Been waiting to find out the truth about the Parabellum, damnn I didn't expect Kane to have a twin. Looks like Ironbeard is pretty much Marika's dad and it was cool to see Ririka in action. Wonder if Marika will ever learn about the truth about this, I wud love to see her reaction.

Seeing all those different pirates were cool, that ninja guy looks awesome lol. Holy shit the chef's helpers are humongous. And Chiaki-chan so cute.
Jun 24, 2012 2:38 PM
Apr 2010
Everything is better with a dose of Chiaki. That pirate song was win on so many levels! Interesting to see Ironbeard and Ririka make an appearance at the gathering, also never would have guessed that Kane had a twin brother. Loved how Inside-Coorie was adored by all the electronic warfare gurus. Can't wait to see the finale against the Grand Cross!
Jun 24, 2012 2:40 PM

Mar 2011
awesome
Jun 24, 2012 3:54 PM

Oct 2007
Marika really proved that she herself has no limit. She deserve a medal for being a character that always make everyone around amazed by her even as a viewers myself.

Oh I also love the Opera style for the conference, LOL so good.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jun 24, 2012 4:19 PM

Aug 2011
Tanned Luca, two Kanes and at last Ironbeard and Marika meet face to face.

It's getting really interesting now, can't wait to see how it all concludes next week!
Jun 24, 2012 7:42 PM
Nov 2010
Chiaki's so cute.

Cratex said:
Dalek-baka said:
somehow weird that other crews are following Marika's plan

(shrug) they know they are being hunted and Marika/Bentenmaru is the only one to have fought with the Grand Cross and survived - seems like a good plan and little other choice in any case.

They probably promised to give her free dessert.
Jun 24, 2012 7:44 PM
Nov 2010
Kurini said:
I would have probably enjoyed it a little more if it had fanservice (ecchi) tbh.
Jun 25, 2012 8:21 AM

Jan 2011
Great episode, next episode will be some epic action so I'm really looking forward to that.
This episode was great, a better introduction to some new characters.
It was nice to see Ririka again with her new job.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jun 25, 2012 3:28 PM

Jun 2008
Episode 25 summed up

Also, anyone here thinks that Ironbeard is actually Marika's Father, Gonzaemon in disguise?
-Judging by Ririka's reaction when they were talking about Marika.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jun 26, 2012 10:47 AM

Apr 2009
kaimax said:
Also, anyone here thinks that Ironbeard is actually Marika's Father, Gonzaemon in disguise?

I thought that the first time I saw him, and seeing Ririka with him confirmed it for me.
Jun 26, 2012 9:46 PM

Aug 2011
Krimson said:
kaimax said:

I thought that the first time I saw him, and seeing Ririka with him confirmed it for me.

Yeah, I'm positive he is her father.
Jun 29, 2012 8:42 AM

Jan 2011
still not sure why they attack the pirates, the council is as expected had a very relax atmosphere instead of being serious

final battle next, maybe we will get a "i'm your father" scene^^
Jun 30, 2012 9:02 AM

Apr 2011
Oh Yeah! Marika!
Jul 6, 2012 8:11 AM

Aug 2010
Luca lives, yeah! Chiaki is just too adorable, loved every minute of her. It seems Coorie got herself a well deserved fanbase, nice. More and more buildup for the ending 4/5. Those blue eyes are telling, Marika no papa...
Jul 12, 2012 2:47 PM

Sep 2010
Just one episode remaining, it can't be!

Hoping for a good conclusion for the arc of the pirate killers instead of cute girls.
ObinderuJul 12, 2012 2:50 PM
Nov 6, 2012 3:05 PM

Mar 2009
damn~ Chiaki's soo cute!
Mar 9, 2013 3:40 PM

Oct 2011
Luca's alive! Seems like she was doing something with Ririka, which is something she's always wanted to see. I'm still sort of "eh" about Kane's twin brother. Why would Kane agree to swapping places? I guess it's because Kane knows Ironbeard is Marika's father (if he is). The last episode should be good!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mouretsu Pirates Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

SymbolicLayer - Jan 7, 2012

162 by Beatnik »»
Feb 10, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Mouretsu Pirates Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

prismheart - Jun 30, 2012

91 by XXXXXXXXXIII »»
Dec 28, 2023 8:59 PM

Poll: » Mouretsu Pirates Episode 8 Discussion

prismheart - Feb 25, 2012

46 by Foreall908 »»
Sep 15, 2023 1:44 AM

Poll: » Mouretsu Pirates Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

prismheart - Mar 24, 2012

56 by JJR1971 »»
Jul 3, 2023 10:06 PM

Poll: » Mouretsu Pirates Episode 24 Discussion

Beave - Jun 16, 2012

49 by FT_anime_fan »»
Oct 16, 2022 10:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.