Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 16, 2012 11:24 AM

Feb 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A surprisingly dark and somewhat surreal episode. The last few episodes have been better, I'm glad we seem to be over the slump. Some patterns of this series are quite funny in their repetitiveness. Tetsuro shows kindness to a woman... uh oh, she has sad eyes.. that means that she'll either 1) try to kill him 2) steal his pass or 3) kidnap him or some combination of the three.
Mar 6, 2014 1:25 AM

Sep 2008
Spiral had pretty nice fake human body above her mechanical body. I wonder why she put it back on when she went back home.

Yes, all womans that Tetsuro meets seem to want to either kidnap him or kill him. Perhaps even Maetel tries it!
Feb 14, 2015 5:03 PM

Oct 2009
Why did Screw Mountain have to collapse right when they visited?

If one can defend himself from screw rains with a simple door, one would think the inhabitants on that planet should have had invented some devices that would protect them better from such frequent and dangerous thing, like a wooden umbrella maybe?

Tetsuro knew that Spiral went to search for his pass, so even if we know he really went to search for her because of his kindness, he could do that because of his self-interest just as well

Isn't Spiral's debt a set sum, even if with interest? And if she got mechanical body to get eternal life, how can she make screws for the rest of her life? Are the interests higher than her salary?

Spiral says she intended to keep the pass for the rest of her life; but didn't she come to that place to search for the pass that she threw away in the first place?

Also I think "Spiral" is just a translation of her name, as the way Tetsuro pronounces it sounds completely different ("Rasen", maybe?). But shouldn't they translate all names then? Otherwise, it's inconsistent. They could just give a note once how it's translated to the ones interested

Spiral will continue to make the screws forever. Happy end. Wait what? Is that supposed to be a happy end? Like, really. How is being forever indebted because interests are higher than income a happy end? Do you know what I do with such debts? I tell "screw you" and go somewhere else where they can't find me. Spiral may have a hard time with that though, as "another place" in her case is "another planet" and I am not sure they will let her go. If there is a police and all, of course
SerhiykoFeb 14, 2015 5:11 PM
Nov 4, 2015 6:54 PM

May 2012
Well this sure was another interesting planet, he gets kidnapped while at the same time his capturer falling for his kindness "again". Pretty interesting overall story, yet it always has a sad touch to it.

Either way let's see what's next!
May 31, 2017 7:34 AM
Aug 2014
You can't kill yourself Spiral Maetel need you to make a screw for her so she can continue her journey with Tetsuro. After that you can go back to your soul destroying life of making screws though. Sorry, I meant take your place as an important piece of the machinery.
Dec 4, 2017 3:19 PM

Nov 2017
How many kidnappings does this make now?
Aug 2, 2019 2:45 AM

Aug 2015
"The world needs ditchdiggers" is the message of this one, and it's one I agree with.

Society is better of recognizing that we needs some people to do boring, tiring jobs, and ensure they treated with respect and paid enough, not sneered at and underpaid as is the case in the USA.

Tetsuro got picked up a yandere this time lol
Aug 27, 2021 4:46 PM

Nov 2016
Screw those who don't respect all hard working people in our society. We would be truly screwed without them.

Spiral proved that. Man, a shame that she can't enjoy a proper screwing anymore. The biggest downside of the mecha body.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 5, 2021 1:53 PM
Aug 2012
Thats 2 good episodes in a row now boys, we are in a for a Treat!

I agree with both comments above. I also think what this episode wanted to convey is that whatever circumstances you are in solving the problem is not always possible, however, one can change his perspective of his problem and find meaning and happiness in his life.
Jan 26, 2022 1:23 PM

Jan 2019
Sometimes we forget our own relevance, for example work. We forget that we are good for something, we get disturbed by our cyclical routine, and we get away from it. Spiral has learned that even in this mechanized and hostile world, his existence is still necessary, like a screw in a machine.
Mar 15, 2023 6:56 PM

Jul 2021
Tetsuro sure gets kidnapped a lot. Also the people of this planet really need to learn how supply and demand works.
Apr 14, 2023 5:00 PM

Jun 2014
Spiral is a good person, who appreciated Tetsurou after he helped her after she almost got hit by a vehicle. She's so lonely, and I can relate to her in some ways.

She'll never forget Tetsurou's kindness.

Oct 11, 2023 10:06 PM

Jan 2022
Didn't the neighbour show particular concern for Spiral's safety? Would that not count as an act of kindness? I mean, yeah, what Tetsuro did was bigger, but to the point where you kidnap him, when your neighbour is already friendly towards you? Especially with how he acted after he got kidnapped.
Anyways, I guess this show is a bit too intent on the message, as opposed to the logistics of the plot or the planets or anything else, really. Oh, except for Maetel, I guess.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Galaxy Express 999 Episode 11 Discussion

sayami - Jun 3, 2011

16 by MoblinGoblin »»
Apr 15, 12:58 PM

Poll: » Galaxy Express 999 Episode 32 Discussion

Feorg - Jun 16, 2012

7 by Brolaub »»
Apr 15, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Galaxy Express 999 Episode 9 Discussion

sayami - Jun 2, 2011

10 by MoblinGoblin »»
Apr 14, 7:23 PM

Poll: » Galaxy Express 999 Episode 8 Discussion

sayami - Jun 2, 2011

14 by MoblinGoblin »»
Apr 14, 7:09 PM

Poll: » Galaxy Express 999 Episode 5 Discussion

removed-user - Dec 28, 2008

16 by MoblinGoblin »»
Apr 11, 7:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.