Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 10, 2012 7:22 PM

Mar 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So, Johnny married Norisuke's daughter. The rest was pretty much the same as in the original universe, except for Holly, that married Kira's father instead of the Kujo guy and Joseph has no illegitimate son until now. Also, I guess there's no GioGio.

All Higashikata males are JoJos.

I'm very curious now.
m4rc0Jun 10, 2012 7:26 PM
Jun 11, 2012 3:16 PM

Dec 2010
what da fuck
Jun 11, 2012 6:26 PM

Sep 2009
WAY TO MAKE A LIKEABLE PAIRING INCESTUOUS ARAKI.

NOT THAT YOU'VE EVER DONE THAT BEFORE OR ANYTHING.

Anyway, good chapter. Loving the interaction between Jousuke and Daiya, and how mellowed-out most of this chapter was. The shaving scene was brilliant. Jousuke was probably better this chapter than any other.

m4rc0 said:
Also, I guess there's no GioGio.

Not quite. The family tree obviously doesn't work the exact same way here. I think it's quite likely Joseph had an illegitimate son in this universe as well, and that Giorno is descended from him.

...Besides, if there's no Giorno, who will be part 9's protagonist? I can't imagine Araki ending it with 8.
Jun 11, 2012 10:22 PM

Feb 2009
Lindle said:
Not quite. The family tree obviously doesn't work the exact same way here. I think it's quite likely Joseph had an illegitimate son in this universe as well, and that Giorno is descended from him.

...Besides, if there's no Giorno, who will be part 9's protagonist? I can't imagine Araki ending it with 8.

This time Araki has inserted some unnamed Joestars into the tree(Johnny's daughter and Joseph's siblings) so he can later come up with whatever he wants.

And Norisuke's birth name is Jousuke. The second kanji is ๅŠฉ(the same as in Part 4 Jousuke's name), so I guess it makes him JoJo. If it's correct, he would be both the first JoJo who isn't related to the Joestar family and the first JoJo who is a villain.
mado_2kiJun 12, 2012 12:36 AM
Jun 12, 2012 9:34 AM

Sep 2009
Rinso said:
Lindle said:

This time Araki has inserted some unnamed Joestars into the tree(Johnny's daughter and Joseph's siblings) so he can later come up with whatever he wants.

And Norisuke's birth name is Jousuke. The second kanji is ๅŠฉ(the same as in Part 4 Jousuke's name), so I guess it makes him JoJo. If it's correct, he would be both the first JoJo who isn't related to the Joestar family and the first JoJo who is a villain.
Well, assuming he is a villain. He could easily be well-intentioned, we still don't know much about him.
Jun 12, 2012 10:48 AM

Aug 2010
So: Jotaro is now Yoshigake Kira
Jun 12, 2012 3:07 PM

Feb 2009
Lindle said:
Well, assuming he is a villain. He could easily be well-intentioned, we still don't know much about him.

He doesn't look like he has good intentions.

Unless Jousuke's true memories are the memories of a murderer or something of that kind.
Jun 13, 2012 10:19 PM

Mar 2008
GioGio without Dio would be just a random Joestar and wouldnt be able to muda muda muda muda...

Lindle said:
Besides, if there's no Giorno, who will be part 9's protagonist? I can't imagine Araki ending it with 8.

He can always use Irene, another universe or come up with a brand new JoJo.

About Norisuke, it's still too soon to know anything for sure.

What I really want to know is the importance of the Joestar mark. In the other universe, it had "power", but I don't know how it works now.
Jun 15, 2012 2:49 AM

Sep 2009
Rinso said:
Unless Jousuke's true memories are the memories of a murderer or something of that kind.
See, that's what I'm expecting. I imagine it'll be something along the lines of Ghost Trick's twist (I don't know if anyone here has played it, but yeah).
Jun 15, 2012 7:49 AM

Jun 2009
Noooo, already caught up with the most recent chapter. Now it's back to waiting for releases again >_>

Anyway, this part has really piqued my curiosity so far. And with this family tree and the possibilities it presents, this chapter was quite the mind fuck.

Edit: and ten minutes later I only now realized that Johnny's wife is called Rina. You know, like Erina just without the "E". Kinda clever xD
grandy_UiDJun 15, 2012 8:03 AM
Jun 18, 2012 3:32 PM

Mar 2008
I would still have liked a Johnny x Lucy ending. It would've been possible, since Lisa Lisa was an orphan Jonathan saved and Erina raised. She could very well be made into Norisuke's grandchild called Risa. Johnny and Lucy as a couple would befriend Norisuke and their son George would marry little Risa.

Thinking about a possible GioGio, you know what you be VERY cool? Giorno Giovanna Zepelli.

I wonder if the protagonist will find out Kira has an illegitimate uncle called Jotaro (since he's Josuke). Or maybe, that he's that uncle...

But with Kira dead, I wonder where Irene will come from... Unless this is not the same AU. Valentine showed that there are many.
m4rc0Jun 18, 2012 3:41 PM
Jun 21, 2012 4:02 PM

Sep 2009
grandy_UiD said:
Noooo, already caught up with the most recent chapter. Now it's back to waiting for releases again >_>

Actually there's still one more chapter out.
Sep 8, 2012 6:28 PM
Apr 2008
Interesting chapter. I really enjoyed the shaving scene, especially that pose that Josuke makes at the bottom of page 13. :D
Jun 22, 2013 3:03 PM

Jul 2010
m4rc0 said:
Thinking about a possible GioGio, you know what you be VERY cool? Giorno Giovanna Zepelli.

Aug 4, 2014 2:14 PM

Jul 2013
Things are getting really interesting now. So Kira Yoshikage is a Jojo in this universe.
m4rc0 said:
All Higashikata males are JoJos.

Not exactly. Even though they're technically together in the family tree, the Higashikata family carries no Joestar blood whatsoever. Josuke8 is only temporarily using this family name. It's like how Jotaro's father is part of the Joestar family but has no blood connection to the previous generations.
Nov 28, 2017 6:35 AM

Feb 2013
Kira is a descendant of the Joestar family, nice.
Oct 12, 2018 1:02 AM

Oct 2016
Wtf...
Well, it's curious that according to the principal Joestar Family, Kujo Jotaro is Yoshikage Kira here.
So, Johnny married with the daughter of Norisuke I and it connects with the Kira family.
I'm anticipating how this will be. It has its suspense.
Mar 18, 2019 2:18 PM
Jul 2018
Holy shit. I am absolutely loving Part 8. It's amazing how Araki went from writing an epic race in Part 7, to a mystery in Part 9. That's the amazing thing about Jojo: it's never afraid to take risks.
Mar 27, 2019 6:05 AM

Jun 2009
Come to think of it...why the hell is Jobin called Jobin and not Norisuke V? Norisuke IV never seemed like a guy who would just break with tradition that easily.

(Or maybe it was explained in a later chapter, I can't remember. That's why I'm re-reading this after all)
Aug 7, 2020 7:41 PM

Oct 2013
Johnny's descendants are related to Higashikata house, since he married Norisuke Higashikata (I)'s daughter. :D Great. What's more, it means that most likely Josuke is related to Higashikata. A distant relative, but still. That would explain why Norisuke Higashikata (IV) is so interested in him.
โœจSaint Seiya Club๐ŸŒ 
Oct 22, 2020 8:34 AM

Apr 2020
Holly married Kira's dad! Woah!

So now we have a Kira as a Joestar. I really want to see to Holly is in this universe. Imagine there being a milf-hunter Kakyoin kind of person too lol.
--AbiSa--
Jan 19, 2021 8:54 AM
Dec 2020
I honestly can't wait to see this universe's Holly
Aug 4, 2021 4:36 AM

Oct 2012
So, the Higashikata family and the Joestars are related after all, not a huge surprise I guess. What's more surprising is that the Kira family is related to them too... Holly marrying Yoshikage's father is pretty weird, but here we are.

There's no Jotaro in this version either, because Holly's son seems to be Yoshikage. Though there is no way of telling that this family tree is complete. Wonder where Josuke falls into place. A lot of signs lead to him and Yoshikage being the same person or something similar.

I also found it interesting that Soft & Wet is able to take physical objects (hair) and transfer them to a different place. The ability is quite versatile. I wonder if he can also carry around big objects.
Oct 13, 2021 11:47 AM
Oct 2015
Holy fuck!! Jesus Almighty!!

I was shocked the fuck out to see all those names. Even Elizabeth and Suzie. And Yoshikage is Holly's son. What the actual fuck??!
This is 'bizarre' as hell.

I'm quite intrigued btw. Praise Joshua in Heavens, the first JoJo ever walked on planet Earth.
Jan 29, 2022 5:42 AM

Nov 2020
Damn this is so fucking interesting i love this.
Sorry for my english xD!

RIP Kentaro Miura :(
RIP Akira Toriyama :(

Jun 24, 2022 6:41 AM

Sep 2020
woah i knew johnny had some relation with jousuke and it turns out that kira who also happens to be jousuke(for now) is a descent of johnny and there's also the counterparts of the jojos from the original timeline, very interesting

araki doesnt fail to make 'hard to understand at first family' tree
Dec 16, 2022 2:01 PM
Jul 2021
Kira's related to Johnny??!!? And Joseph is part of the tree as well as Holly. This part is so confusing.
Feb 20, 2023 6:06 PM

Feb 2017
Bruh, what is wrong with this family? Dad's totally cool with this relationship so long as Josuke's her pet?
๐˜ผ ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ก ๐™™๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ก๐™ก๐™จ ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™—๐™ค๐™™๐™ฎ
Oct 8, 2023 5:50 AM
Apr 2020
Cool! So that's what happened to Johnny...

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 5 Discussion

notsureifsrs - Oct 31, 2011

14 by Jfile904 »»
Apr 12, 1:26 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 4 Discussion

Rade-chan - Sep 30, 2011

12 by Jfile904 »»
Apr 12, 1:20 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 3 Discussion

notsureifsrs - Jul 19, 2011

28 by Jfile904 »»
Apr 12, 1:08 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 33 Discussion

KiraYoshikage - Jun 20, 2014

31 by Tamamlanmamis »»
Apr 9, 6:46 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 27 Discussion

KiraYoshikage - Dec 19, 2013

22 by Tamamlanmamis »»
Apr 9, 4:34 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.