Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 10, 2013 8:43 PM

May 2009
What piece a shit. Unbearably bad. Worse even than shitty tv series.
- Dumb plot
- Retarded enemies ("she can't kill humans, so I turn myself into monster and eat some my minions")
- Totally uninteresting her support team, their whole hacking was luckster, well it's due to traitor, but he was also idiot. Also fucking using keyboard with toes...
- Second girl, boring, shitty newbie seiyuu, only existing to pander yuri and she never learned what happened with her father
- Eyecancer CGI cars and Clamp's noodle people
2/10 TV series at least had funny gruesome deaths.
Mar 11, 2013 8:40 PM
Oct 2010
this was pretty boring. wasted most my night wathcing this instead of read or die >_< wasnt as good as i thought it would. ending was rather wtfish as it didnt explain dick.

least saya looked pretty throughout most this thing
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Mar 11, 2013 11:28 PM

Mar 2011
Rexky said:
8/10

Another great Clamp story, shame so many viewers can't follow a plot without it being spoon fed to them.
This.
Mar 12, 2013 1:32 AM

Jun 2008
Well better that the series at least, mainly because Saya wasn't retarded in the movie and of course the artwork and animation took a big improvement(Although Claps ridiculous design seemed to have made at least the males have ridiculously small heads approximately to their body).

Seriously though this movie fail to even get to a 7 because the whole ending was bullshit. What was that? They just pull that huge thing out of there asses and then killed it in a second. I can't even. And what the hell was that guy doing anyway? Trying to create more "old ones" from humans for Saya because he supposedly loved her? WtF?

Also they threw all those new group of characters at us which was quite stupid since we had no time to care much for them and them to get any development. Only the red hair girl managed to get some development.

The big plus of this movie is Saya herself stop being as retarded as she was in the series and actually being cool but the main villain was lame as fuck and the story felt so pointless.

FireHeart said:
Rexky said:
8/10

Another great Clamp story, shame so many viewers can't follow a plot without it being spoon fed to them.
This.

You guys are funny. Why don't en-light us then on what was the great story we missed? Or maybe you can't?
Mar 12, 2013 5:42 AM

Mar 2011
Monad said:
FireHeart said:
Rexky said:
8/10

This.

You guys are funny. Why don't en-light us then on what was the great story we missed? Or maybe you can't?
Okay, something like this.
Hope I helped.
Mar 12, 2013 5:55 AM
Jan 2013
It's like parts of "Blood: The Last Vampire" and "Blood+" mixed together with addition of some bullshit.
Mar 12, 2013 11:42 AM

Mar 2011
I liked the movie.Art and OST was very good but story sucked in the end.
Mar 13, 2013 7:03 AM

Oct 2012
FireHeart said:
Rexky said:
8/10

This.

at last some people who actually praised this movie. i think i love it guys. i mean look at all the sacrifices that fumito made to saya (eventho its yeah, twisted as fuck).
Mar 13, 2013 8:48 AM
Dec 2010
I liked Mana's seiyū Ai Hashimoto. It's fresh to hear someone new than hearing the same voices over and over.
Mar 13, 2013 10:04 AM
Apr 2011
i'am dissapointed about the story, it could be much better, but not.... T_T
Watanuki only showed in short scene, i want more... , i don't know why they have to make the connection in tv series, if Watanuki just showed a short time, and what the promise they talking before...
the ending is sucks.... why they wasted good animation with lame story, they could make more longer with better story...
Mar 13, 2013 10:08 AM
Apr 2011
LadyOrihime said:

Oh, and after Watanuki said "But the longer people live, the more they start to care for one another" had me jump on the Wata x Saya ship. Himawari is dead, so yeah...Now Watanuki has someone who he can always be with, never aging ^ . ^

nooo... ypu're wrong, Watanuki have Zashiki-warashi
Mar 13, 2013 10:36 AM

Apr 2012
FireHeart said:
Monad said:
FireHeart said:
Rexky said:
8/10

This.

Okay, something like this.
Hope I helped.

You know when you explain the story like that you make the movie look even sillier...right? They took a bare bones plot like that and then put it through about a dozen convolutions so none of the characters actions or motivations make sense. And I don't need those explained to me because I understand what their motivations are, it's just their actions don't make sense given the context of their motivations I can see where people get confused because the studio tried to pull a fast one and make the plot seem more interesting than it was. If they had of been straightforward this plot is a 1/2 hour OVA at best. Instead they add it all kinds of unneeded bullshit and turn Saya into a bock of wood with a meanface carved into it for most of the movie so she could have a friendship with a disposable character no one gives a fuck about.

This is a dry generic story pretending to be something original, but it's bullshit, there isn't anything complicated here but movie sure tried to make it look that way.
Mar 14, 2013 11:03 AM

May 2010
I think the movie is better the tv series but at the end it was sort of disappointing because there is no impact, there is nothing that amazes me

So I give it a 8/10 (just because I got to see Saya N_ked...YESSSS >_<)
Mar 15, 2013 5:07 AM

Apr 2009
Now that was some nonsensical pretentious bullshit. Even worse than the TV-series.
Mar 15, 2013 11:01 AM

Dec 2008
I liked the show quite a bit, but after I was looking forward to the movie I was dissapointed, the story was too compressed and the end was underwhelming.
The big main monster was so unnecessary, it died in one blow *ridiculous*
The wasted time could have been used for more character development.

It had a promising start, but it didn't last for long.

Badass Saya is cool, but I missed the happy, cute Saya and her sexy libarian glasses!
Well, at least the redhead was close to old Saya.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 16, 2013 2:05 AM

Apr 2011
I love this movie! :3

Naked Saya was sOo ulala....xDD
CrescentYozora25Mar 16, 2013 2:08 AM
Mar 19, 2013 6:58 PM

Dec 2011
I really enjoyed the hacking scenes hahahaha

Worse than the series, at least it had a nice jarring effect in the contrast between the sugary first half and the splatterfest that was the second half (I was also amused by the "everyone's an asshole" twist). Here, though? They try to justify all that by "oh Saya, I've always loved you". Riiiiiiight. Meh. If you're reading this before watching, I vote don't watch.
Mar 20, 2013 12:43 AM
Dec 2011
I kind of forgot the anime since the movie took so damn long to come out in subs but I remembered enough to understand most of what was going on in the movie.

Somehow I really enjoyed it, and surprisingly it wasn't to gorey which is odd compared to the anime. In the end I got what I wanted the kiss between the evil guy and Saya <3 I know odd but I waited for it forever!!! No clue why

I was sad though he died and I should've been happy because of what he did in the anime but damn, I wonder with that ending if there is going to be more later on?

I say if you didn't like the first half you may like this one it's just a quick movie not ten thousand episodes finish it off and FINALLY see how it all ends, which is a little disappointing.

Want to talk more message me!
Mar 20, 2013 2:32 AM

May 2012
well, from the plot its kinda lame... a bit dull...
i dont get the vibe as i watching the series.

though the animation is a top notch!
I've Killed my Brother
Just like what sasuke did
Mar 22, 2013 5:24 PM
Jan 2013
i thought this movie was awsome! but the ending was kainda meh.. would make more sense if they would do another sequel tho
Mar 24, 2013 5:37 PM

Dec 2008
Got off to a great start and then just kind of fizzled out. It was great to see Watanuki. Still, it was better than the series...though that may not be saying too much. 6/10
Mar 26, 2013 6:22 PM

Apr 2011
It was a decent movie, nice animation, but... that plot. I expected more. Well, i think it's worth a 7.
Mar 29, 2013 2:26 AM

Aug 2009
Gave it a 8 in the end, loved the animation, music, sounds ect.
The pacing the first half of the movie was good and then towards the end it kind of died of a bit and the "boss fight" felt a litle anticlimactic? It completely killed the moment for me, I mean I thought the buildup was really good and then it just deflated in some ways.
If the felt more "epic" I would have given this movie a higher score for sure.

~Rewston
Mar 29, 2013 11:42 AM

Jun 2011
would give it a 7/10 but the animation was awesome, so it takes a 8/10
Mar 29, 2013 3:57 PM

Jul 2008
I liked it much more than the TV series. But I also do not really understand Fumito's motives.

And like a few other people said, I would like a prequel OVA or movie. The random flashbacks of what Fumito did to Saya before the TV series leave a lot to be desired.

Also would not mind if Saya killed that bitch Yuuka.
Mar 31, 2013 10:51 AM

Jul 2012
I AM FIT TO WATCH THE ANIME AGAIN NOW. The movie and the anime could be watched in reverse or normal order and I would reccomend watching the show afterwards( they show you something or a lot of things they would have to censor in the theaters) as i was picturing how i would feel if watched the movie first. I felt it could fit and be more sturdy than an anime that aired a precursor or prologue of itself after its conclusion. So yeah not the best movie out there and it would have been better to instead be another season to flesh out the characters more as I felt I barely got depth into them. Yeah GDMT they rushed the movie's ending, and cmon do Saya some justice and don't leave her alone again.;(
Feels like losing all five senses &
Maybe not able to have thoughts,

Enjoi...
Apr 6, 2013 5:39 PM

Jul 2011
In technical terms, I think this was the best movie of the Production I.G.

8/10
Apr 12, 2013 6:14 AM

Apr 2013
GarLogan78 said:
I liked it much more than the TV series. But I also do not really understand Fumito's motives.

And like a few other people said, I would like a prequel OVA or movie. The random flashbacks of what Fumito did to Saya before the TV series leave a lot to be desired.

Also would not mind if Saya killed that bitch Yuuka.

It's simple.Fumito fell in love with her,the experiment(in the anime serie) was made to see if he can change the nature of her being,besides.....they made a bet.While this experiment on her might seem totally wrong he did it because he loves her while she doesnt know what love is and she doesnt seem to be aware of guys hitting on her.After his experiment failed because of those hired actors he went to Tokyo and started experimenting so she can have something to feed on.He turned Tokyo a hell to live in just for her,it's a selfish act but he did this for her.
She isnt aware of this and she seeks vengeance for playing mindtricks on her so.....thats about it.Meanwhile she learns not to trust in appearences and how she should live,in an introvert way 'cuz she is an introvert,in that world.
I dont remember her role but if you refer to the only "student" left alive,she actually knew what she's doing.After Fumito died she restored the freedom of the teenagers......she havent done nothing wrong but follow her target.....she was aware if she does something dumb while Fumito is still alive that would be the end of her.If she counted on Saya then she bet right.
Also it made me wonder some things that might not be answered if they dont do a sequel,be it another movie or a serie......this isnt a love story it's easy to create a plot with these kind of animes.
FluffyFleshApr 12, 2013 9:10 AM
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Apr 13, 2013 5:25 AM

Feb 2010
better than the series.... but not by much...
Apr 17, 2013 4:21 PM

Nov 2008
my biggest disappointment is that Yuuka Amino did not die a terrible death but on the contrary she achieved what she wanted. I really don't care if she was good or evil or if the overall movie was great or bad, but i was really hoping that she would be murdered in a marvelous manner in this movie but it did not happen at the end :(
Apr 17, 2013 6:21 PM

Jan 2011
I like this Saya way more then the one in the series, especially her overall behaviour and how she warmed up the group. At first she didn't say anything, then one word sentences, in the end she even started a conversation on her own, more or less.

But the overall movie.. i don't know. Didn't like the CGI all that much, especially the monster in the end was just bad. It was also completely useless, she defeated it faster then any other monster in the movie or the series.

The hacking was also weird. Some parts were made to look more realistic, i even saw something about Ubuntu there, but what did Mana exactly do when she made the break through? Solve a crossword puzzle? And Hiro typing with both her hands and feet. If she at least would have used two computers.

I also kinda loved (and laughed) at Fumito taking "she means the world to me" quite literally..

But this CGI ..people complain about Appleseed XIII, but not this? And the way the story was told. Especially with most characters and side stories being basically useless.

Saya did not tell Mana about her dad. We don't know the price of the sword. They could combine the stories of several characters to have at least one who actually did something.

And the HQ..okay, so they don't know that it's the HQ, but that they don't know that such a huge building does exit at the landfill? Especially as it's a landfill, did they never wonder why it was filled in the first placel? Never walk by by chance etc.? It's not like it was hidden from view, it just didn't advertise the owner and was removed from the maps.

Overall, the movies suffers from just as much issues as the series did.
Apr 25, 2013 10:41 AM
Aug 2010
The movie not real good compare to the tv. I prefer the TV version mush better than movie

6/10
May 11, 2013 9:40 AM
Aug 2012
i wish this was a second series rather than a film unlike the series it didnt explain much and ended with open questions like how mana cld see the wish shop and how she is linked by destiny to saya tbh i was expecting saya to die and tht mana wld be the same as her and go on to take down seventh heaven and the tower which leads to my other question the companies still exist so nothing rlly stoped. i think the film seemed as tho it was going towards yuri with mana and saya.the cgi was odd but not hard to look past. this film was so far from the series in its style it didnt really feel connected and it didnt seem as if it started before it was over the best way to look at it would be to say it is a 13th episode of the series but even then it jst felt far to different. in the series i feared someone wld loose there head jst standing near saya in this there was no real danger
May 22, 2013 9:39 PM

Aug 2010
Well, at least saya didn't sing her stupid song.
May 27, 2013 11:12 PM
Nov 2012
Donelop said:
Well, at least saya didn't sing her stupid song.

I couldn't agree more xDD

THis movie ... meh, 3/10.
Jul 7, 2013 11:25 AM

Dec 2009
The ending was just weird but somehow entertaining, i'll give it an 8 since i'd gladly watch a sequel...
Jul 12, 2013 2:43 AM

Mar 2009
The best part of this was the ending.

And I mean the song. What a glorious piece of music.
Aug 10, 2013 3:48 PM

Nov 2008
What the hell was that piece of trash.
Sep 1, 2013 10:54 AM

Nov 2007
I love it! I understand the main points and that's all what it matters to me.
Damn! In the end, it all came out that Fumito really loved Saya. On his own way though. 10/10
The art and animations was GOOOOOOOOOD!
Sep 16, 2013 2:51 AM

Jan 2011
what? Saya no singing...

the actions are ok but sometimes too dark, the CG and and the ending can be better, the new characters do not stand out at all

so till the end Saya still do not have memory of her own past, I thought we will see more about that in the movie
Dec 6, 2013 2:04 AM

Apr 2012
Dang it, after finishing the anime series, I felt the anger and betrayal Saya felt towards Fumito, and I honestly wanted him to die a brutal death! But this! This made me feel betrayed that they would make it seem like he was a "good" guy with his love towards Saya, and his actions being all for her. When I think back to all the people he had killed, I get mad that they would go this route! There were other small things, but that was the biggest issue that took down my enjoyment of the movie.

Dec 8, 2013 11:46 AM

May 2012
i really love Saya characters though and Fumito, stupid guy if u love her then find a way to be with her not to hurt her.. mehhh i want more!
“They stood together in a false intimacy, a nervous contact. And he was in love with her.”
― D.H. Lawrence, Women in Love

Dec 29, 2013 11:25 AM
Dec 2013
~My Guess/Closure~:
When Saya said she was alone she meant that she had killed Mana’s father and could never face going back to the hackers (plus her job was finished anyway) knowing the truth and most likely couldn’t tell her. The whole mess of the group being used, her being drugged, and her status as “non-human” didn’t make her feel better about getting emotionally involved with humans again either.
She also meant this when she killed the only being like her for example Fumito who wasn’t human (hint: he disintegrated) and her “father figure” from the fake town whom she cared about (along with the fake actors). Fumito wasn’t human due to the fact Saya could kill him and the fact he had “tried it first” and it was hard (meaning tried to kill himself). I don’t know if it because of Saya’s blood he collected while they were making their original bet or not.
Fumito’s deal is that he loved Saya with fascination, maybe because they were similar in species or when he says her eyes he meant the determined look in her eyes, or maybe pure love *shrug*. You can tell from his statements of trying to create old ones because he wondered “how are you (Saya) going to survive?” because of their decrease of old ones.
Then why did Fumito go through all this? Well Saya is dense on this topic, really dense. In the fake town she manages to be ignorant of 2 guys advances let alone Fumito’s obvious ones. Even in a calm situation with his calm body language she could on focus on killing him, I was wondering if she would ever try to understand his motives. Notice his joy when he said “I can finally hug you”.
He’s also sadistic, possibly manipulative, he created this fake town rouse to because he liked Saya normally, wanted to see what would happen if she/circumstances around her changed and killed a whole town in the process (and shot Saya…..-.-…with love) for that small reason. Who knows, it could be because part of the human race that he doesn’t feel remorse.
Finally the kiss was her reward, his death was supposed to be his punishment. His odd actions and speech may have meant only Saya could kill him, because he tried to kill himself before, and therefore his way of death became his reward because he was happy. Or it was the hug and the kiss. OR the series was only for gore action and they’re messing with your head, You Choose~.
Mar 13, 2014 1:35 AM

Jul 2007
Cerian said:
What the hell was that piece of trash.

My thoughts exactly, this movie was nothing special by any means. The few fights that saya did have in the movie were very short, hardly made no logical sense, the ending was ridiculous, at first i started getting excited cause i thought that fumito's cousin (whats his name) turned on saya and i never expected that but then all the sudden he just wants to stab his cousin so he can rule the city with fortion from his own ideals. lol that was just to fast for my taste and they never hinted at all towards their conflict, its just like something that just happened out of the blue and felt forced. I already wasted up to much time discussing this peace of garbage.

Though i did like the animation in this one alot better then the tv series, the saya here had more of a stern rough exterior of a personality to due to what she had to go through in the tv series. Much better then the happy go lucky air head saya that was in the tv show. But still this movie is pretty much a pass, well just glad its over.

May 30, 2014 10:19 PM

Dec 2013
I really liked this but in the end I'm still confused about Fumito's motives for doing all of that. I mean come on I want a valid reason for creating that huge monster, experimenting on people and killing thousands besides something of just a twisted form of love. Before that scene I was giving this a 9 but now I'm confused to the point I looked at my walls sideways hoping to understand his reasoning but nothing is coming to mind. I hope there is some exlination to all this cause from what I have seen and analyzed I can't understand his motives or thought patterns.
Examining one series under the magnifying glass at a time.
Jun 1, 2014 7:18 AM

May 2012
Mr_Ambivalence said:
I really liked this but in the end I'm still confused about Fumito's motives for doing all of that. I mean come on I want a valid reason for creating that huge monster, experimenting on people and killing thousands besides something of just a twisted form of love. Before that scene I was giving this a 9 but now I'm confused to the point I looked at my walls sideways hoping to understand his reasoning but nothing is coming to mind. I hope there is some exlination to all this cause from what I have seen and analyzed I can't understand his motives or thought patterns.

> Fumito was not a human, but in fact like Saya ( a monster that is )

> its not really just because he was fascinate by Saya killing skill, but he told Saya that he loves Saya because they are the same, lonely individuals. He also said that, if only he was human, he could hold Saya because it was said that only human can break her curse. ( im not sure what the curse is - but prior to the series, it had said that Saya once made a promise to 'unknown someone' that she'll protect the human - means that she can't kill human )

>and the reason why fumito creates all those monster is that, he told Saya in the final scene that the elder bairns are becoming extinct - U should know that Saya doesnt feed on human blood but instead she feed on the monster blood - so by experimenting on people - prior to that, Fumito also explained that the Elder Bairns cannot be created but only be born - so he was experimenting on people and let they become older bairns so that they could be a food resource to Saya but he said that the elder bairn that he made cannot last very long thats mean it still imperfect

> The reason Fumito stabs himself with Saya katana was that, he wanted to take punishment for all he did, then he kiss Saya, and tells Saya that now, she'll be alone.

* sorry i deleted my last comment because i was investigating the series and movie once again by watching and reading all the wikipedias and other reviews and this is the best i can help u with. hope u got ur answer :)
“They stood together in a false intimacy, a nervous contact. And he was in love with her.”

Jun 1, 2014 10:32 PM

Dec 2013
Thanks Nyancat2506 ,I think I understand it a bit more now. Now the only thing that is unclear to me is why he wants to make it so Says could kill humans. I get that she isn't able to now but why does she want the ability to? Making the Elder Bairns to satisfy her hunger also makes sense but in some cases I wonder if Saya really needed to feed on them very often. Like in the 6 moths after the incident in the town did she still feed on them or is eating them optional?

Fumito's love for her is a bit more understandable but I just feel like something about it is off for him to do so much for her and it comming off as tormenting when is suppose to bring out her former self (?). Either way this does change my view a bit.
Examining one series under the magnifying glass at a time.
Jun 2, 2014 2:17 AM

May 2012
> Now the only thing that is unclear to me is why he wants to make it so Says could kill humans.

- Fumito mentions that ( either back in the series and in the movie), Saya used to makes a promise to 'someone' that she'll protect the human kind, which means she will NEVER CAN EVER HURT HUMAN, Fumito said, he's sad because of that, because the one that she made the promise to is not him but to that 'person' - little we know about Saya past but this 'person' that she promised to is probably a very important person to her and that's what makes Fumito jealous and the fact that he can't do anything to lift up Saya curse because he's not human.

- One more thing u should notice, when Fumito stabs himself, he did say, ' I see that U still can't kill human' -because Saya merely just point the swords at him but he grabs it and stabs himself- Saya was shocked too, when she saw Fumito disappeared because she never thought that Fumito was the same 'species' like her - So that's why she cried at the end, because when Fumito said that ' It looks like u're alone again' , she realized that Fumito did all of this for her, and also the fact that back in the series, she used to like him a lot, not sure if that also the part of fake memories that Fumito gave her

> I get that she isn't able to now but why does she want the ability to?

- Like I said, she made a promise to certain someone, and she never said she want the ability to kill human but instead on want to take revenge upon Fumito - because she doesn't know in the first place that Fumito is not human

> I wonder if Saya really needed to feed on them very often. Like in the 6 moths after the incident in the town did she still feed on them or is eating them optional?

- firstly, she doesnt basically eat them, she just need their blood because she's a vampire. One thing that makes her different from the other vampire is that she feed on this monster blood to survive, although it was never known how long she can withstand without consuming them. Back in the series, it was shown that when Saya did not consume their blood, she gone weak - it was also shown that she can eat normal foods but Fumito always give her the blood in the form of 'guimave' so she can maintain her form and power
- As for the question whether she still feed on them, its yes and she need them to survive, she'll probably extracted the blood and save it somewhere, just like Saya otonashi from Blood+, she only drinks the blood when she need the power to fight the monster and somehow even tho it just a small bottle, SO can last for days and weeks, SO kept them in a fridge in a small bottle, so basically, this shown that they can survive even with small amount of blood for a very long time without fighting is that because they need more energy and power for that

> Fumito's love for her is a bit more understandable but I just feel like something about it is off for him to do so much for her and it comming off as tormenting when is suppose to bring out her former self (?).

- Saya had been doing this for centuries ( i dont know how long since the agreement to protect the human had been), she had seen/kill/fight for many years that now she barely shown any emotions.
- if u notice the small dog, that is watanuki from xxxholic, if u watch the show, u'll know that Watanuki power is to grant wish. Saya made a wish once, that she wants to be herself no matter what happen. Thats why in the series, she regain back her memories, thus fulfilling her wish
- Most of us ( who watch both the series and movie) barely knows about Saya's past. Saya Kisaragi is considered to be a monster before, an assassin is that that skill had been formidable in killing - Fumito first met her when he was a child if i'm not mistaken back in the series, he was astonished by Saya fighting skill and killing skill, I guess he takes his joy from that and he wanted to see how Saya can do this with human too thats why at the end of the series, when Saya regains her memories, he seems to be happy of that (eventho its himself that wipe the memories), he tells Saya 'welcome back' with a smiling face -_-
- I guess by 'former self' , was probably back he first met Saya - in the series, Saya all by herself, destroy all the massive powerful human weapon aiming at her, and kill everyone in the process, basically its a massacre, it like a WW, and Fumito is obsessed with her since then, but as he grows up, he realized that he started to fall in love with her and understand her
- I think, the way both Saya and Fumito refers to 'Saya former self' is different, as Fumito doesnt know Saya from before, Fumito wanted to see the destructive Saya, while Saya wants to be this Saya, Saya who had a little emotions contrary to what she was in the past.

Although the major plotholes here are that

- we don't know what Saya curse is, ( im guessing her killing her own species to protects the human)
- we are unaware of what happen in Saya past etc, we doesnt know who Saya made the promise to and why.
- and we doesn't know what the history between human and the old ones in the past
khonsutoraJun 2, 2014 2:24 AM

Jun 18, 2014 5:02 PM

Sep 2011
I actually really enjoyed the Blood-C tv series, and I really excited to get straight to watching this movie, but instead it was rather a letdown.

The movie rather had me bored most the time, and I feel that there wasn't enough development between Saya and Fumito for it to actually have a strong impact during the end. If they created a long tv series instead where there was more detail and development between Fumito and Saya, I would have been satisfied.
Jun 28, 2014 1:40 AM
Jun 2014
Alright everyone! I have your answers, for those who are confused. The first is that, this whole time Fumito was doing everything he did for the benefit of Saya, no matter how misguided it was. What he was doing was originally keeping her from remembering her pact to never kill a human and to only kill a certain amount of elderbarens before she too has to stop but the number is dependent on how many elderbaren is still alive, meaning a decline in elderbaren means she is allowed to eat less and less until finally there are none left. He was hoping to harness her blood and start rebirthing the declining elderbaren through human vessels, so she can continue to eat, technically it was breaking the convenent that had she been in her right mind in the series would never have broken, it seems she is bound to not break it by nature if she were in her right mind which meant that she would have been doomed to death when she eats all of the elderbaren. Fumito didn't want this to happen so he kept her in a state of amnesia with false memories as he continued his experiments, never intending to let her regain her memories. When Kanako interfered and forced her memories back is when Fumito had to think of a new plan to keep her alive. Saya obviously unaware of his plans and intentions, only sees him as a cruel captor who made her live a lie and made her kill someone she deeply cared about which was her adoptive elderbaren/human father, and so she sought revenge on him. Fumito never gave her more than she could handle, even though it seemed cruel with the attacks it was never intended nor expected that she would die from any of it, he also loved to see her in action and enraged, but also enraged her for the sake of her possibly doing the "impossible" which would be to kill a human along the way of her wanting desperately for revenge. In the movie when he says after she killed the elderbaren he created out of himself and his cousin, that he wished he was human so that her curse would be lifted is meaning that he became an elderbaren and her killing him wouldn't do what he wanted which was to get her to feed on humans for survival, since there is a lot more humans. His punishment was to die knowing that he failed to prolong her life any further and without being able to finally break the curse of her species and being denied the ability to be with her while Saya wins by getting her revenge. This whole time it was about Saya and ensuring her survival and making her happy but in the process he had made her an enemy, a sacrifice he was willing to make to keep her alive. It's twisted but in his own weird, tough love kind of way, he really truly loved her and was willing to do anything for her.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Do I need to watch the Blood-C series before this movie?

TaquishaJohnson - Mar 3, 2013

16 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Aug 25, 2021 9:33 PM

» Description Change Spoiler Issue

deaf_amish_guy - May 22, 2020

0 by deaf_amish_guy »»
May 22, 2020 5:25 PM

» Build Saya's Blade [INSTRUCTIONS]

Laionidas - Jan 30, 2015

0 by Laionidas »»
Jan 30, 2015 7:07 AM

» New characters

xxxholic_wing - Mar 8, 2012

10 by LeonLanford »»
Apr 7, 2014 8:28 AM

» movie already?

Sprinklz - May 10, 2011

30 by tsubasalover »»
Jan 21, 2013 6:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.