Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 3, 2013 11:54 AM
Apr 2009
How necessary is it?
Mar 3, 2013 12:04 PM

Jul 2011
It is quite necessary if you want to understand a few things in the movie.
Even Death has a heart
It's okay to spin around and around in the same place. Just so long as you're singing your heart out.
THAT's what life's all about.

Mar 3, 2013 12:06 PM
Jul 2018
Yes, but you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who would recommend watching the show....
Mar 3, 2013 4:46 PM

Jun 2012
Watch the series only if want to have some background information of the characters if not don't bother.
In case you would like to watch the series I would recommend you to watch the 1st and 2nd episode skip to the 7th or 8th and from there watch to the end(12th), a friend of mine recommended me this and I really enjoyed the series even though it had such low ratings. You won't lose anything important only the annoying, bored stupid parts. With this for me it turned from a 6 score show to an 8.
Mar 3, 2013 5:24 PM

Sep 2009
If you were able to get through the endless eight arc in Suzumiya Haruhi you shouldn't have too much of a problem getting through Blood-C. I personally didn't mind Blood-C or endless eight but I could see how someone who's impatient might not like it at all.
Mar 3, 2013 5:41 PM

Dec 2011
You'd probably be lost without context from the series, but you can get everything you need to know in the last 3 episodes. Believe me, that's all you should want to watch..the series sucked.
Mar 4, 2013 2:31 AM

Jan 2009
i never saw the TV series too but ive watch the movie anyway and i can follow the story without problems, i just do not know about that dead glasses dude that Saya seems to be a friend with as well as when Saya is having a nightmare and faces of dead characters are shown that are probably from the TV series, but overall you can understand the gist (story main points) of the movie imho
Mar 5, 2013 6:17 PM

May 2009
Don't watch any at all. It's total shit.

Eventually you may watch two last episodes of tv series for hilarious comedy-gore.
Mar 6, 2013 2:24 AM

Apr 2011
Ooooh, i didn't watch the TV series but I've seen the Live Action and 'The Last Vampire'...that should be enough to watch this, yes?

I'm not a 'Blood' fan but am willing to watch it just for shitsn'giggles.

*shrugs*
Mar 6, 2013 9:43 AM

Sep 2007
If you want to truly understand the movie.... there are some key facts revealed in episode 11 & 12 that you might want to keep in mind [as you're watching the movie].

Otherwise you'll join the tons of other people whom have been going "WTH?" after watching the movie.

I would recommend checking out the series if you want the whole picture (and would love seeing Saya kick butt) but to each their own cup of tea.
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Mar 8, 2013 11:20 PM

Jan 2011
deadleeserious said:
Yes, but you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who would recommend watching the show....

HA! So true. But yes you should watch the tv show since it does precede the events.
Mar 9, 2013 7:08 AM

Jul 2011
Honestly? Go look for spoilers and then watch this.

I dropped the TV series after some few episodes and didn't even want to check the movie, but after some PVs, I felt the movie could be more similar to something like Blood: The Last Vampire than to the TV series. But since I didn't want to get back to that mess CLAMP and Mizushima made, I... Searched for spoilers. And it was enough to watch the movie and understand what was going on...

...until CLAMP went batshit crazy with one of the worst What-the-actual-f**k-is-that finale.

Really, this project was horrible. The movie doesn't even make for some good "brainless popcorn season" since the action scenes are few and not so good-looking as someone would expect from a project that received budget from the government.

But at least is better than the TV series. If you want to give it a shot, Wikipedia may have spoilers from the prequel. Or try this Colony Drop article (I don't like that much to recommend their articles since they can be too radical against recent anime, but this post explained well what went wrong with this mess).

"Like this too we met in a dirty and ugly world; Thank you for this miracle."
Mar 12, 2013 3:38 PM
Jul 2010
dkrdude3 said:
How necessary is it?

Actually, it's better if you skip the TV series, you'll enjoy the movie more that way. If after watching the movie you want to find more about the background then you can watch the prequel. If not, you can safely skip it.

Mary_Vanucchi said:

NO. DO NOT do that. That'll ruin it.

Mary_Vanucchi said:
try this Colony Drop article (I don't like that much to recommend their articles since they can be too radical against recent anime, but this post explained well what went wrong with this mess).

Why would ANYONE recommend that shit? That site is even worst than 4chan or ANN, the absolute shame of Western fandom.
Mar 14, 2013 6:32 PM

Jul 2011
NFH said:
dkrdude3 said:
How necessary is it?

Actually, it's better if you skip the TV series, you'll enjoy the movie more that way. If after watching the movie you want to find more about the background then you can watch the prequel. If not, you can safely skip it.

Mary_Vanucchi said:

Oops, I meant "spoilers from the TV series". My bad.

NFH said:
Mary_Vanucchi said:
try this Colony Drop article (I don't like that much to recommend their articles since they can be too radical against recent anime, but this post explained well what went wrong with this mess).

Why would ANYONE recommend that shit? That site is even worst than 4chan or ANN, the absolute shame of Western fandom.

Well, as I said I don't like to recommend them ("ooh there will never be any other anime like Akira, ooh we despise those new anime coming out and we are so superior for that")... But I can see where this post comes from, as someone that watched the beginning and some bits of the final of the series. It's hard to believe that such cruelty came from a CLAMP work.

(And yeah, they are worst than ANN... But worst than 4chan? Well, to be honest I doubt it... :P)

"Like this too we met in a dirty and ugly world; Thank you for this miracle."
Mar 31, 2013 7:07 PM
Feb 2012
It's not necessary. i watched the movie first and believe me i enjoyed the anime a whole lot more afterwards
Mar 8, 2016 2:20 PM

Aug 2012
Mary_Vanucchi said:
NFH said:

Oops, I meant "spoilers from the TV series". My bad.

NFH said:

Well, as I said I don't like to recommend them ("ooh there will never be any other anime like Akira, ooh we despise those new anime coming out and we are so superior for that")... But I can see where this post comes from, as someone that watched the beginning and some bits of the final of the series. It's hard to believe that such cruelty came from a CLAMP work.

(And yeah, they are worst than ANN... But worst than 4chan? Well, to be honest I doubt it... :P)

Whats so bad about ANN? :o

I watched the series but didn't remember them. Then watched the movie. I felt okay.
Aug 25, 2021 9:33 PM
Dec 2017
yeah you should watch the show first before the movie.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blood-C: The Last Dark General Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2012

131 by FedeMetal »»
Feb 17, 1:52 PM

» Description Change Spoiler Issue

deaf_amish_guy - May 22, 2020

0 by deaf_amish_guy »»
May 22, 2020 5:25 PM

» Build Saya's Blade [INSTRUCTIONS]

Laionidas - Jan 30, 2015

0 by Laionidas »»
Jan 30, 2015 7:07 AM

» New characters

xxxholic_wing - Mar 8, 2012

10 by LeonLanford »»
Apr 7, 2014 8:28 AM

» movie already?

Sprinklz - May 10, 2011

30 by tsubasalover »»
Jan 21, 2013 6:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.